Page 193 of 238 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 7134
    im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong thread. Has there been any protests in any of your towns/cities/villages?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    Strong thread. Has there been any protests in any of your towns/cities/villages?
    30,000 here yesterday. I hate racism, I support the message, but not the timing — it's far too soon to ignore social distancing rules. The government is obviously terrified of being perceived as racist by blocking these protests so they rolled over and granted an exemption.

We've all been holed up for 3 months, no large gatherings, no sport, no gym, etc. and that all goes out the window for a day. Protest online through social media or if protesting outdoors is something you feel that strongly about then agree to self-quarantine for 14 days. We've been fortunate to get on top of this pandemic but that could quickly turn around. To me it's selfish to be doing this right now.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    30,000 here yesterday. I hate racism, I support the message, but not the timing — it's far too soon to ignore social distancing rules. The government is obviously terrified of being perceived as racist by blocking these protests so they rolled over and granted an exemption.

We've all been holed up for 3 months, no large gatherings, no sport, no gym, etc. and that all goes out the window for a day. Protest online through social media or if protesting outdoors is something you feel that strongly about then agree to self-quarantine for 14 days. We've been fortunate to get on top of this pandemic but that could quickly turn around. To me it's selfish to be doing this right now.

That's a legit concern, Dom. Is police brutality an issue over there by you? I assume it may be a bigger issue for aboriginals?

Also, not sure if I mentioned, but our third child was born a couple weeks ago. I forgot about the insane lack of sleep-- which is much worse for my wife. But now we are out numbered lol

I wanted to add, maybe this is the conservative in me, but I am not a fan of all the exceptions we are making for the George Floyd incident.

Mr. Floyd had a funeral. My wife's grandfather died a couple weeks ago but we couldn't have a funeral due to COVID. How come Mr. Floyd gets a funeral but my wife's grandpa doesn't?

Also, are we no longer doing the social distancing thing? Seems like police are trying to be more like friends than police. Doesn't work. It's like when parents try to be friends instead of parents

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    That's a legit concern, Dom. Is police brutality an issue over there by you? I assume it may be a bigger issue for aboriginals?
    Absolutely. That's what they've been protesting and they're effectively piggybacking off protests in the US to take advantage of all the emotion that has been stirred up this past week and it gets more attention. I don't know what it's like to be a black American or an indigenous Australian. I can't even pretend to understand the discrimination they face every day. So I absolutely sympathize with anyone who's hurting right now but I just don't think we should be out there ignoring social distancing rules in large numbers.

Pubs and gyms have reopened but only for 20 people at a time and you've got to book those time slots. Everything is recorded. If there's an outbreak, a cluster somewhere, then they can try to confine it by notifying all those people. But how do you do that with 30,000 people who just randomly showed up? There is a "Covid safe" phone app to track movements but it'd only be effective if they all used it and let's face it 30,000 people with even a handful of carriers in close proximity could easily fuk up all the hard work we've been doing for 3 months. The economy has already taken a beating and billions have been handed out to keep jobs and support those who are unemployed. A second wave in the coming months could make 2020 a complete write-off.

Also, not sure if I mentioned, but our third child was born a couple weeks ago. I forgot about the insane lack of sleep-- which is much worse for my wife. But now we are out numbered lol
    Congratulations. I'm really happy for you both. I know what that lack of sleep is like but the sh*tstorm eventually passes.

I wanted to add, maybe this is the conservative in me, but I am not a fan of all the exceptions we are making for the George Floyd incident.

Mr. Floyd had a funeral. My wife's grandfather died a couple weeks ago but we couldn't have a funeral due to COVID. How come Mr. Floyd gets a funeral but my wife's grandpa doesn't?

Also, are we no longer doing the social distancing thing? Seems like police are trying to be more like friends than police. Doesn't work. It's like when parents try to be friends instead of parents
    Completely understand and you have every reason to be angry about that. These are challenging times however the worst thing we can do is turn on each other. We have to find ways to stay positive and come together on issues as complex as they are. It doesn't take much for politicians and the media to manipulate us for their own gain which are votes and clicks. I'm trying to stick to my rule of avoiding political news because you end up being triggered by things you can't do anything about. I get a few hours free mainly late at night and I want to use that time productively.

Thanks, Dom. As always, I really appreciate your detailed thoughts. I just gave our newest boy, Remington, a fresh bottle of boob milk pumped from earlier. Hopefully that buys us 3 hours.

Because this is semi-anonymous and as I think the sleep deprivation is hitting, I just don't understand the end game for the protest. (In b4 Dinarldi) I am half latino so i understand the feelings. But you cannot legislate racism out of people's feelings. I mean all the cops with Mr. Floyd's incident have been arrested. What's left? Public awareness? We all at this point know there is some form of discrimination even if it can't be statistically proven. People are getting hurt. Business are getting looted. Just tell us what you want!

Also, I am in NJ so still no gyms. I'm trying to do pushups with my kids on my back but its tough to maintain!

It's tough though because even though if I am 1/2 Spanish, I am afraid that if i post about my thoughts, that liberals will make it cost my job. Talk about free speech smh

Thanks, Dom. As always, I really appreciate your detailed thoughts. I just gave our newest boy, Remington, a fresh bottle of boob milk pumped from earlier. Hopefully that buys us 3 hours.
    I wonder if BM mixed with formula would be the best of both worlds. Antibodies from the natural source plus the extended sleep from formula.

It's tough though because even though if I am 1/2 Spanish, I am afraid that if i post about my thoughts, that liberals will make it cost my job. Talk about free speech smh
    A MasterChef contestant here used to post in the misc and his history came back to bite him. Of course he made it pretty easy for people to figure out who he was but it's still not a good idea to post anything that could impact your job. People these days seem to get off on being able to "cancel" someone.

Also, I am in NJ so still no gyms. I'm trying to do pushups with my kids on my back but its tough to maintain!
    They opened here a couple of days ago but you've got to book online and the gym is only open during staffed hours until about 8pm and sessions are limited to under an hour so you're gone before the next time slot starts. For the past year I've been training late and most of my workouts have been well over an hour. I shouldn't be complaining but for now training at home is still a better option for me.

Edit: I've been getting some decent back exercises in but pressing has taken a back seat.
    Last edited by Dominik; 06-07-2020 at 08:03 AM.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Of course miguel, this is an election year.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Of course miguel, this is an election year.
    We’ve had several here....and a girl
    (Black) suddenly remembered that she was disrespected by an employee (white) in a restaurant on campus that’s been on campus since the 1960’s. Five. Years. Ago. That and the city council meeting to discuss defunding the local police.

It’s an election year, after all.
    *MFC Elder Statesmen Cabinet Crew*

Has experience with a Belgian Malinois

^^^Not trying to make it too political or controversial but protesters need to re-evaluate their PR/marketing efforts. People, namely the people they are trying to convince, get too caught up with the slogans used to pay attention to the message. For example, "defunding the police" does not mean what most people think it means but it's hard to get past the slogan.

I like to believe I am a pretty moderate conservative and an otherwise reasonable person. I think we can all agree on the ends (getting rid of police brutality) so let's use slogans, methods, and efforts that will most likely lead to achieving those ends... naturally this requires concessions from both sides on the means. At present, in my opinion, it feels more like a hostage negotiation or a "take it or leave it" situation

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

I don't know what the media is like in Australia, but anyone with an ounce of common sense can see just how controlled and sabotaged it is here in the states. It wasn't 5 days prior to the (Floyd) protests when all day and night coverage was on the potential killers attending pool parties or small little protests to the shutdown without practicing social distancing. Then hours later they turned to their bread and butter. The tried and true. Pinning races against each other, and supporting and encouraging events like in your picture. At least in this day and age they don't control 100% of available info.
    However, some good news, is the Director of the FBI, President of the United States, and Police Chiefs all over the country are beginning to identify certain groups by name.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

I don't know what the media is like in Australia
    No different to the US and UK. Lots of clickbait. They know what issues trigger people and feed into their insecurities and fear and pile it on. The less I read the better I feel.

In other news it feels good to be incline pressing dumbbells again. 110 x 4 sets of 15 with 2" Oly DB handles. Wanted to go heavier instead of chasing a pump but maxed them out. Regular dumbbells are going feel light when I go back to the gym and a lot easier to rest on the legs. Couldn't even get the collars all the way on with these crappy rubber plates that don't interlock properly.

PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) PapaBurgandy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No different to the US and UK. Lots of clickbait. They know what issues trigger people and feed into their insecurities and fear and pile it on. The less I read the better I feel.

In other news it feels good to be incline pressing dumbbells again. 110 x 4 sets of 15 with 2" Oly DB handles. Wanted to go heavier instead of chasing a pump but maxed them out. Regular dumbbells are going feel light when I go back to the gym and a lot easier to rest on the legs. Couldn't even get the collars all the way on with these crappy rubber plates that don't interlock properly.

Still no gyms open down there, or just yours in particular? My gym reopened, but I’m too invested in the garage to go back. Add to that the second wave brought on by folks exercising their right to protest and I don’t think I’ll go back.

Originally Posted by PapaBurgandy View Post
    Still no gyms open down there, or just yours in particular? My gym reopened, but I’m too invested in the garage to go back. Add to that the second wave brought on by folks exercising their right to protest and I don’t think I’ll go back.
    Completely understand. Gyms opened here a week ago but they're limited to staffed hours, you have to book in via an app, there's a limit of 20 people for that time slot, and then you've got to GTFO.

Before they closed I was training late in an empty gym for around 2 hours. I'm missing several pieces of equipment but for now training at home seems like a better option.

Completely understand. Gyms opened here a week ago but they're limited to staffed hours, you have to book in via an app, there's a limit of 20 people for that time slot, and then you've got to GTFO.

Before they closed I was training late in an empty gym for around 2 hours. I'm missing several pieces of equipment but for now training at home seems like a better option.
    Same here, the new gym hours don’t work for me: they close at 9, and I can’t get in there until 830 since the kiddos are out of school. I know they’ve relaxed the number of people limit, but I never really liked their new location. It’s small AF and smells mildewy. The garage gym is really coming along and I’m adapting to the heat, lol. I’m about to pull the trigger on a vertical leg press to give a little variety.

Originally Posted by PapaBurgandy View Post
    Same here, the new gym hours don’t work for me: they close at 9, and I can’t get in there until 830 since the kiddos are out of school. I know they’ve relaxed the number of people limit, but I never really liked their new location. It’s small AF and smells mildewy. The garage gym is really coming along and I’m adapting to the heat, lol. I’m about to pull the trigger on a vertical leg press to give a little variety.
    Close at 9 here as well. With all these people rushing back to bust their nut after 3 months it wouldn't surprise me if every session is full so if you miss a booking because something came up you could be waiting a few days to get another chance since the hours are limited and that's going to screw up your training. I think it's more suited to people who do classes or circuit training for a quick pump and they're done in 30 minutes.

I'm tempted to cancel my membership and buy more equipment like you. Lately it's been around 60-70 degrees with the garage open when I train which is ideal for me and more comfortable than a gym at night when they turn off the aircon.

Close at 9 here as well. With all these people rushing back to bust their nut after 3 months it wouldn't surprise me if every session is full so if you miss a booking because something came up you could be waiting a few days to get another chance since the hours are limited and that's going to screw up your training. I think it's more suited to people who do classes or circuit training for a quick pump and they're done in 30 minutes.

I'm tempted to cancel my membership and buy more equipment like you. Lately it's been around 60-70 degrees with the garage open when I train which is ideal for me and more comfortable than a gym at night when they turn off the aircon.
    It’s definitely more convenient. It’s all about self motivation...couch v rack. Do I train or sit on my ass. Some folks just need to be in a gym with other people to be motivated to train. Personally, I could train anywhere.

Thumbs up

Pulled the trigger on a stack of 5kg plates back in stock so my dumbbells will be packing 160. One step closer to saying goodbye to the gym.

I'm not sure how some gyms will survive with social distancing rules when their business model is built on running at capacity. Seems like a lot of them are on borrowed time.

65 tons of American Pride BluntD's Avatar
    BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pulled the trigger on a stack of 5kg plates back in stock so my dumbbells will be packing 160. One step closer to saying goodbye to the gym.

I'm not sure how some gyms will survive with social distancing rules when their business model is built on running at capacity. Seems like a lot of them are on borrowed time.
    I would have felt a hell of a lot safer at my gym over the past 3 months versus every time I went to the grocery store. Helps that there's never more than 3-4 other people tops when I go, including many times where I have the entire gym all to myself. Thankfully the gym portion is not the money-maker of the complex (big ice hockey\skating training facility) so it shouldn't be in any danger; but you're right I can see gyms being effected by this much the same way some restaurants have already perma closed around my area.

Has felt great to get back in there the past two days; minus the brutal soreness right now from actually moving around some real weight again.
    Return of the Mack?

Originally Posted by BluntD View Post
    I would have felt a hell of a lot safer at my gym over the past 3 months versus every time I went to the grocery store. Helps that there's never more than 3-4 other people tops when I go, including many times where I have the entire gym all to myself. Thankfully the gym portion is not the money-maker of the complex (big ice hockey\skating training facility) so it shouldn't be in any danger; but you're right I can see gyms being effected by this much the same way some restaurants have already perma closed around my area.

Has felt great to get back in there the past two days; minus the brutal soreness right now from actually moving around some real weight again.
    Glad to hear it. Sounds like conditions are great for training so milk it for all its worth while it's quiet. It's tough getting back into it. I took 4 years off and those first few months back were very humbling.

BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BluntD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad to hear it. Sounds like conditions are great for training so milk it for all its worth while it's quiet. It's tough getting back into it. I took 4 years off and those first few months back were very humbling.
    The good thing is it's always that quiet there.

I was just glad to get weekly workouts in at home over the past 3 months with 100lbs of weight; not ideal by any stretch but it was definitely better than nothing. I couldn't imagine doing absolutely nothing for that long, let alone 4 years. This week has been somewhat refreshing to discover that I don't feel too far off from where I had left off back in March, was expecting things to feel a lot worse to be honest. Goes to show even a little bit of resistance training can still be beneficial. A couple weeks getting acclimated to my normal routine and I should be ready to start making progress again.
    Return of the Mack?

The good thing is it's always that quiet there.

I was just glad to get weekly workouts in at home over the past 3 months with 100lbs of weight; not ideal by any stretch but it was definitely better than nothing. I couldn't imagine doing absolutely nothing for that long, let alone 4 years. This week has been somewhat refreshing to discover that I don't feel too far off from where I had left off back in March, was expecting things to feel a lot worse to be honest. Goes to show even a little bit of resistance training can still be beneficial. A couple weeks getting acclimated to my normal routine and I should be ready to start making progress again.
    I'm not proud of the 4 years especially after 13 years of not taking more than a couple weeks off but now that I'm back to where I left off I think it's benefiting me.

Another wave with more shutdowns and social distancing next year wouldn't surprise me so long term it makes sense to invest in a decent home gym setup. The only thing I'm missing is a squat rack but trap bar deadlifts from a deficit with the bottom handles is a reasonable substitute.

I'm not proud of the 4 years especially after 13 years of not taking more than a couple weeks off but now that I'm back to where I left off I think it's benefiting me.

Another wave with more shutdowns and social distancing next year wouldn't surprise me so long term it makes sense to invest in a decent home gym setup. The only thing I'm missing is a squat rack but trap bar deadlifts from a deficit with the bottom handles is a reasonable substitute.

If you're back to throwing up 110's on DB incline like they are paper weights than you're obviously doing something right, you f'ing monster. LOL

I'm definitely planning to invest in at least a few more plates for home. Funny enough I was going to do this at the start of the year just to always have a decent option at home for those days I couldn't make it by the gym; but I blew it off and then stupid Covid wiped out all available inventory, go figure. I actually managed to set up a make-shift "squat" rack by laying the bar across the handles of my broken treadmill so that was at least some kind of leg workout.
    Return of the Mack?

If you're back to throwing up 110's on DB incline like they are paper weights than you're obviously doing something right, you f'ing monster. LOL

I'm definitely planning to invest in at least a few more plates for home. Funny enough I was going to do this at the start of the year just to always have a decent option at home for those days I couldn't make it by the gym; but I blew it off and then stupid Covid wiped out all available inventory, go figure. I actually managed to set up a make-shift "squat" rack by laying the bar across the handles of my broken treadmill so that was at least some kind of leg workout.
    Hopefully plates will come back in stock now that gyms are reopening. At least it will give you peace of mind that no matter what happens in the future you'll be able to train. For me right now I can't commit to booking in a time at a 24hr gym.

These new plates I'm waiting on are thin so the 22" handles can take 14 x 5kg which is around 170 including the handles and collars. Silly weights and with thick handles I'll need straps to pick them up but at least if anyone asks about training at home thinking it's a compromise I can say "I've got 80kg dumbbells" which sounds impressive.

Are you following any program these days or training more instinctively?

Does he need some advice from dommy on how to run a business?
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Does he need some advice from dommy on how to run a business?
    I can appreciate people are scrambling to find ways to stay open for business but don't you think that would be an utterly deflating environment to train in?

Are you following any program these days or training more instinctively?
    I've been training instinctively for a long time, borrowing certain elements from different methods to round out my training; but the one program I had ran recently was the Mag-Ortmeyer deadlift routine at the start of the year. Which was going great and had me feeling really primed to finally set a lifetime PR again for the first time in almost a decade... and then Covid happened and closed the gym right before the final week where I was to test my new max. ARGH! Going to run it again starting next week, but starting at the beginning again will give me plenty of time to build back up and then hopefully accomplish that goal. I'm legitimately excited to get on it, which is a great feeling considering how often we find ourselves getting burnt out with training at times.

Sounds like you're putting together a strong home setup. All you need is that rack and you'll be gold.
    Return of the Mack?

I've been training instinctively for a long time, borrowing certain elements from different methods to round out my training; but the one program I had ran recently was the Mag-Ortmeyer deadlift routine at the start of the year. Which was going great and had me feeling really primed to finally set a lifetime PR again for the first time in almost a decade... and then Covid happened and closed the gym right before the final week where I was to test my new max. ARGH! Going to run it again starting next week, but starting at the beginning again will give me plenty of time to build back up and then hopefully accomplish that goal. I'm legitimately excited to get on it, which is a great feeling considering how often we find ourselves getting burnt out with training at times.
    That's awesome. I miss the good old days here where were all keeping each other motivated with training and often it's the little details that make a big difference.

Long before "AMRAP" was a thing I noticed Hola would often do a high rep set after his heavy sets and I copied that way back in 2005-2006 and I've been doing it every workout since which I believe has reduced the risk of injury by pumping more blood into the joints. That and I just enjoy pushing myself with higher reps without it compromising the bulk of my training in the 6-10 rep range. I definitely learned something from everyone who posted over the years. At this time where we're all more isolated than usual it's been good to discuss training.
    Last edited by Dominik; 06-19-2020 at 11:35 PM.

Julius Maddox attempted a 800 pound raw bench... and they forgot to put an extra 25kg/55lb plate on. Hard to believe that could happen on a WR attempt. Absolute clown show.

Page 193 of 238 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193 194 195 203 ... LastLast