Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,550 of 7037
    FireCat4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireCat4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok I am starting week 1 over again.
    I am a little confused with the supplements. I have the advance stack and I am getting mixed messages with when to take them and I don't see a time table anywhere. Also I seen kaged muscle put up a post somewhere about signing up to a news letter and you can see all the times for the supplements, can someone direct me. Thanks

Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So that's week 1, day 7 done & dusted! Legs.

Interesting workout. Was almost like an endurance routine than a strength one. My legs, without a doubt, are my weakest body part - thin and long.

I knew this was going to be a test and it was. The 3x40 lunges, which i did with a couple of nominal weight dumbbells were murder. The last 5-10 of each set were killers. As I don't have a leg press, I did Smith's squats instead, going to just parallel (thighs in line with knees) rather than arse to the grass. I put on some weight, but not much, and I have to admit to not doing them in the strict 3 sets but with nominal rests, I still banged out 150 reps in total. Then finished off with the last superset - done.

Felt like zero energy afterwards, exactly what KG wanted. The cardio after, a stroll on the treadmill, went in a daze.

While staggering home, the gym is in the next apartment block, I could feel the heat coming off my thighs!

One thing it also showed is I'm not cardio fit at all. I was sucking air through my arse by the end of the 150 squats.

Anyway, small sense of achievement finishing the first week. Diet has been kept to and I feel I've worked pretty hard in the gym - only 11 more weeks to go .

FireCat4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FireCat4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Asterix43 View Post

Interesting workout. Was almost like an endurance routine than a strength one. My legs, without a doubt, are my weakest body part - thin and long.

I knew this was going to be a test and it was. The 3x40 lunges, which i did with a couple of nominal weight dumbbells were murder. The last 5-10 of each set were killers. As I don't have a leg press, I did Smith's squats instead, going to just parallel (thighs in line with knees) rather than arse to the grass. I put on some weight, but not much, and I have to admit to not doing them in the strict 3 sets but with nominal rests, I still banged out 150 reps in total. Then finished off with the last superset - done.

Felt like zero energy afterwards, exactly what KG wanted. The cardio after, a stroll on the treadmill, went in a daze.

While staggering home, the gym is in the next apartment block, I could feel the heat coming off my thighs!

One thing it also showed is I'm not cardio fit at all. I was sucking air through my arse by the end of the 150 squats.

Anyway, small sense of achievement finishing the first week. Diet has been kept to and I feel I've worked pretty hard in the gym - only 11 more weeks to go .
    Big grats . You running the hardcore stack or advance?

Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Asterix43 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FireCat4 View Post
    Big grats . You running the hardcore stack or advance?
    Cheers man.

Just the following;

Protein
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    BCAAs
    Omega Oil cap
    Multis
    Jack3d pre workout.

That's it.

I drink lots of green tea during the day already.

Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi guys, I am thinking about giving this program a try after it has had so much good feedback.
    All I got is creatine, protein shake and a pre workout.
    I simply don't have the money to buy all those supps.
    Is it possible to do it without all those other supplements?

Bhavuk147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers man.

Just the following;

Protein
    Glutamine
    Creatine
    BCAAs
    Omega Oil cap
    Multis
    Jack3d pre workout.

That's it.

I drink lots of green tea during the day already.
    When and how much BCAAs do you take???

Bhavuk147 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Koelkastdeur View Post
    Hi guys, I am thinking about giving this program a try after it has had so much good feedback.
    Its ok but I advice you to take a multi and a fish oil supp instead of a pre workout next time. Its important to cover your foundational supps first.

Originally Posted by Bhavuk147 View Post
    When and how much BCAAs do you take???
    I have these horse pills that I take morning and evening - I'll be going to powder next time.

It is but it is highly recommended that you use everything that is suggested. Try and follow it to a T. That way you are getting the gains this program is dishing out. Been on this a week and I have lost 10lbs.

Edit: But what I would make sure that you get your multis

51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Supplements are not essential to achieve results, but they certainly help you along the way. So I wouldn't be too worried if you can't afford Kris's entire stack. I've said this about ten times and I'll say it again: There are tons of people who have undergone the program with minimal supplements and achieved great results. If your nutrition is in place and you're busting your ass in the gym, you'll see great results.

That said, I don't consider multivitamins and fish oil supplements. I would be taking them whether I was on this program or not.

Edit: Just thinking out loud here, but from my experience this transformation has been about learning what my body's like. And supplementation is a part of that. For example, I learnt that creatine and pre-workout supplements don't have any impact on me. On the other hand, BCAAs really help me keep my energy levels up, particularly during workouts. So one of the reasons to take supplements on this program would be to find out what works for your body and what doesn't.

Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50) Koelkastdeur will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Ill get myself some multivitamins and fish oil.
    Can't wait to get started

And I have another question.
    I'm supposed to do 40 mins of cardio per day in 2 sessions.
    But I cycle to school for 30 mins and 30 mins back aswell.
    Does that work as cardio? Or how much cardio should I do in the gym than?
    Last edited by Koelkastdeur; 09-02-2012 at 09:00 AM.

Blitzallgame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Question about set to failure. does this mean that I use the same weight that i used for set 2 and go beyond the 10-12 reps or should I use heavier weights for sets 1 and 2 then barely be able to 5 reps on the third set.
    What does to failure mean

51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 51747 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the advice.
    Ill get myself some multivitamins and fish oil.
    Can't wait to get started

And I have another question.
    I'm supposed to do 40 mins of cardio per day in 2 sessions.
    But I cycle to school for 30 mins and 30 mins back aswell.
    Does that work as cardio? Or how much cardio should I do in the gym than?
    The idea is to keep your metabolism going. I can think of two things in your case: 1. You're already doing enough cardio and don't need to do any more; or 2. Your body's already used to that level of cardio and you'll need to do more than that to keep your metabolism going.

You might want to get more opinions on this and a good place would be the transformation BodyGroup. The link should be on the trainer's main page.

Originally Posted by 51747 View Post
    The idea is to keep your metabolism going. I can think of two things in your case: 1. You're already doing enough cardio and don't need to do any more; or 2. Your body's already used to that level of cardio and you'll need to do more than that to keep your metabolism going.

You might want to get more opinions on this and a good place would be the transformation BodyGroup. The link should be on the trainer's main page.
    I've been doing this for 5 years now, so I guess you can say my body is used to it.
    So do you advice me to still do the cardio ? or just 20 minutes?

Originally Posted by Blitzallgame View Post
    Question about set to failure. does this mean that I use the same weight that i used for set 2 and go beyond the 10-12 reps or should I use heavier weights for sets 1 and 2 then barely be able to 5 reps on the third set.
    What does to failure mean
    If you can go heavier, do it but keep in the recommend reps. There are certain exercises that use pyramids or drops so try and get the most out of all your work outs.

Failure means you must go until you can't do another. So if it calls for 8-12 reps then do a weight you can pump out 8-12. If you find you can't your spotter will help you.

I've been doing this for 5 years now, so I guess you can say my body is used to it.
    So do you advice me to still do the cardio ? or just 20 minutes?
    51747 has a very good point.
    For me, I would count that as a cardio. Watch the video's and Kris metions that you don't need to had resistance to your cardio's so you are working at a pass that you can carry a conversation during your cardio.

soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250) soldierfighter has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    just finished week 2. Progress so far is
    12 lbs lost.
    My muscles appear more full and feel harder to the touch.
    I never trained to failure before this program and I am learning where my limits are and am challenged to push harder every time I step in the gym.
    My cardio is usually a little longer than 20 min and I count morning army PT as a cardio. It last about 35-50 min depending on the day.
    Overall, the diet is what is doing it. I hate it, but it is working for now. Just gotta keep this up.

dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there,

I was wondering about starting this workout but I got a couple of quick questions. Sorry if somebody already asked them but I have looked upon 10 pages and didn't find the answers anywhere and this is a 185page thread so here are my Q's:

1. About the sweet potatoes/yams, are there replacements for this? because in Holland it's almost impossible to buy these in my city..
    2. About the oats, do you eat it with water? did you add anything like cinamon
    3. Why don't you eat tuna? isnt it healthy? and from a can?
    4. Why no whole wheat bread? those are also complex carbohydrates right? am I missing something?
    5. Why no dairy? and milk that has no fat in it? is that ok?

Sorry if this questions sounds stupid to you guys but I'm new into dieting..

Originally Posted by dennisvv View Post
    Hi there,

I was wondering about starting this workout but I got a couple of quick questions. Sorry if somebody already asked them but I have looked upon 10 pages and didn't find the answers anywhere and this is a 185page thread so here are my Q's:

1. About the sweet potatoes/yams, are there replacements for this? because in Holland it's almost impossible to buy these in my city..
    2. About the oats, do you eat it with water? did you add anything like cinamon
    3. Why don't you eat tuna? isnt it healthy? and from a can?
    4. Why no whole wheat bread? those are also complex carbohydrates right? am I missing something?
    5. Why no dairy? and milk that has no fat in it? is that ok?

Sorry if this questions sounds stupid to you guys but I'm new into dieting..
    1. You cab have oats and brown rice instead.
    2. You will have to add water to cook the oats. Cinnamon is okay. It also helps with fat loss.
    3. White fish is recommended. But as far as I know, tuna shouldn't be a problem. Canned stuff usually has preservatives including salt. So you might want to try to avoid that.
    4. The program does not allow for whole wheat. There has been debate on this forum regarding that. Particularly because in the videos Kris is seen eating pasta.
    5. Dairy products have lactose which are sugars. So hence no dairy.

dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10) dennisvv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. You cab have oats and brown rice instead.
    2. You will have to add water to cook the oats. Cinnamon is okay. It also helps with fat loss.
    3. White fish is recommended. But as far as I know, tuna shouldn't be a problem. Canned stuff usually has preservatives including salt. So you might want to try to avoid that.
    4. The program does not allow for whole wheat. There has been debate on this forum regarding that. Particularly because in the videos Kris is seen eating pasta.
    5. Dairy products have lactose which are sugars. So hence no dairy.
    Wow thanks alot for the answers! So i've got a few more Q's..

After this 12 week workout, I see all these people have huge legs, is it still possible to run alot and long with those legs?
    Because I have to run alot because I want to join the marines, but I've never spoken anyone that has such huge legs as these people that finished this workout.

But as I see the nutrition plan is like 1 x oats 3 x brown rice and 2 x yams.. i need to go like 2 x oats and 4 x brown rice? is that an option?
    Also what kind of oats do I need? Because in Holland we don't have the same oats that I see in the clips on bodybuilding.com..

No Whole wheat?

Hmmmm - I've been eating loads of whole wheat pasta as I find the brown rice and sweet potatoes insipid.

I didn't see anywhere it was taboo, I knew bread was, and as KG was eating it I thought why not.

Wow thanks alot for the answers! So i've got a few more Q's..

After this 12 week workout, I see all these people have huge legs, is it still possible to run alot and long with those legs?
    Because I have to run alot because I want to join the marines, but I've never spoken anyone that has such huge legs as these people that finished this workout.
    Of course! Have you seen the legs on sprinters?

But as I see the nutrition plan is like 1 x oats 3 x brown rice and 2 x yams.. i need to go like 2 x oats and 4 x brown rice? is that an option?
    Also what kind of oats do I need? Because in Holland we don't have the same oats that I see in the clips on bodybuilding.com..
    Yup. He's just given you options; you can eat whatever you want from those. I'd recommend watching the intro video once again. I had to watch it a couple of times to get all that info down.

No Whole wheat?

Hmmmm - I've been eating loads of whole wheat pasta as I find the brown rice and sweet potatoes insipid.

I didn't see anywhere it was taboo, I knew bread was, and as KG was eating it I thought why not.
    As I said, it's been debated. Kris doesn't say anything about whole wheat in the introduction video which begs the assumption that it's off the table. But in the videos, you see him packing pasta which we can assume is whole wheat. I didn't have any, but I think it's okay for the program. Wheat in itself I think is very heavy so I'd just stick to pasta and not go for other whole wheat products such as bread and tortillas.

Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PsychoticPolska View Post
    Hi guys new to the forum. I decided I need to whip myself back into shape. I will be starting the 12 week program in maybe a month or so. I am fairly big (6'1" 230lbs) so I am looking to drop 20-30lbs before year end.

I am going to start hitting the gym 3 times a week over the next month to get my body back in the rythym (so I don't die 3 days into this routine). I have never been a muscular/defined fellow, but have dabbled in the gym over the years to try to counter balance my inactive office job.

My biggest concern is my lack of upper body strength, I would consider my arms (biceps in particular) to be a weak area. So I know I will have problems with exercises like chin ups where you can't really adjust the weight.

What exercises should I focus on over the next month to best target biceps.

Thanks!
    How old are you? I'm over 40...so initially I started an over 40 workout just to get back into lifting....been off for about 8 years. About three weeks in, I t wasn't doing much for me and I stumbled across Kris's workout and started it a week later. So I guess I would grab whatever beginner program for your age group for about a month to get your muscles used to it

As I said, it's been debated. Kris doesn't say anything about whole wheat in the introduction video which begs the assumption that it's off the table. But in the videos, you see him packing pasta which we can assume is whole wheat. I didn't have any, but I think it's okay for the program. Wheat in itself I think is very heavy so I'd just stick to pasta and not go for other whole wheat products such as bread and tortillas.
    I've watched the introduction video again, and in the intro video he does talk about that it's ok to eat whole wheat pasta. He sums up some carbohydrates OK's food: Sweet potatoes - brown rice - oats and he mentions whole wheat pasta.

My plan now is this(can anybody comment please! because the workout time is different than kriss's and I don't know if the timing is OK)

9:30 - Oats and 4 Eggs(only the eggwhites)

10:00 - 20 minutes cardio (walk/cycle/run)

11:30 - Steak with brown rice

13:30 - Chicken with whole wheat pasta and brocoli

14:00 - Workout according plan

15:30 - Post workout shake

16:00 - Fish with rice and brocoli

17:00 - Need to work till 23:00

18:30-19:30 - Chicken with pasta and brocoli

21:00-22:00 - Steak/Chicken

23:30 - 20 minutes cardio (walk/cycle/run)

PS: I always cycle to my work, it's about 15 min of cycling.

Supps:
    - Multivitamine (Morning & Night)
    - Green tea (Morning)
    - Omega fats (Morning & Night)
    - BCAA's during the day
    - Fatburner (Morning)

Comments are VERY welcome!

Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tarzanboy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Kepp up the good work brother...It doesn't get easier...you just get stronger...STAY FOCUSED!
    Grinding out a second consecutive Kris Gethin 12 week trainer

I've watched the introduction video again, and in the intro video he does talk about that it's ok to eat whole wheat pasta. He sums up some carbohydrates OK's food: Sweet potatoes - brown rice - oats and he mentions whole wheat pasta.

My plan now is this(can anybody comment please! because the workout time is different than kriss's and I don't know if the timing is OK)

Supps:
    - Green tea (Morning)
    - BCAA's during the day
    - Fatburner (Morning)

Best of luck! Just one thing. You might want to have more than 4 egg whites. Kris recommends 10 but 8 should do.

Supps:
    - Green tea (Morning)
    - BCAA's during the day
    - Fatburner (Morning)

I would switch the fish with the chicken pre workout...maybe it was just steak, but in one of the videos, Kris eats fish before the workout because it is easier to digest. He says the blood goes to your muscles instead of trying to digest the steak. I just try to move my fish to before workouts and it seems to work. I have been less likely to feel like puking on the very intense workouts. Just my opinion though...otherwise your schedule and supps look great!
    Grinding out a second consecutive Kris Gethin 12 week trainer

Originally Posted by Tarzanboy View Post
    I would switch the fish with the chicken pre workout...maybe it was just steak, but in one of the videos, Kris eats fish before the workout because it is easier to digest. He says the blood goes to your muscles instead of trying to digest the steak. I just try to move my fish to before workouts and it seems to work. I have been less likely to feel like puking on the very intense workouts. Just my opinion though...otherwise your schedule and supps look great!
    So the plan is now

9:30 - Oats and 8 Eggs(only the eggwhites)

13:30 - Fish with whole wheat pasta and brocoli

16:00 - Chicken with rice and brocoli

Better now?

Also, when do you guys cook your food? The night before? Do you freeze it in? or do you guys keep it in the fridge.

I just bought some extra supps btw.. my supp list:

- Multivatimine
    - L-carnitine
    - L-Glutamine
    - Protein powder
    - Creatine
    - Xtend BCAA's
    - Green Tea pills
    - Fish oil fats

When do you guys take all your supps? Do you take it exactly as that Kris says?

0Goku0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Hi kris

I have a question for u,
    I weight 131 lb and I started with ur program two weeks ago however, am not sure if ur nutrition program fits me up do
    What do u think should I carry on with ur nutrition program or should I change it and if u say change it please instructe me to something from ur expertise ?

And also the days that I just take a rest basically should I drink my Protien shack or not

Thank u

Page 185 of 235 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast