Closed Thread
Page 17 of 299 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast
    animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) animalfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post
    Wow. That was a pretty embarrassing postseason for the Yanks. Lowest batting average in history for a single postseason. Yikes.

I do think ARod is being treated as a scapegoat. He wasn't hitting, but neither was anyone else. I predict that Girardi gets fired. We'll see. The Steinbrenner kids don't seem to be as quick with the hook as the old man was.

They definitely need to make some changes. Spending a ton of money on older players has to stop. I see teams like Oakland building through their farm. Other teams like Texas and Detroit bring up players and sign the right free agents.

Time for college hoops!!
    The only reason to treat Arod like that is for the money he makes. I can see him being in a different uniform next year (with the Yanks paying a lot of his $). Don't be too down, you know those damn Yankees will be playoff bound again next year.

I can't believe the way the Yankees "fans" were booing the whole team at the start of Game 1! I know it was a rough series with Baltimore, but damn, the series with Detroit had just started!

I hate college hoops (and the NBA)- after baseball it's college football and hockey, NFL and NHL.
    "If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Thomas Paine

[]---[]Equipment Crew Member No.3[]---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #2 ()---()

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by yankeemarko1 View Post

I do think ARod is being treated as a scapegoat. He wasn't hitting, but neither was anyone else.
    A-Rod will always be a scapegoat because of the money he makes. New York is a hard place to play, and if you don't perform everyday you get criticized. But if the truth be told, he doesn't have a great record in October, and that's what he is truly paid for. I am fairly critical og the Yanks since I started out as a Yankee fan in 1968 and have been through some trying years (like every year that Mattingly and Mussina played in-no pennants) as well as the late 60's with Horace Clark, Bobby Murcer and the rest.

As far as Girardi goes, it's a tough job managing a team of superstars because of all the ego's, but if he can't do it, then it's time to go.

But as I like to tell Boston fans... "We'll be back competing in late Sept. next year, will you ?"
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bobsbelts still hasn't emailed me back about sponsoring me with a dip belt. I offered to send them awsome wt pullup pictures with it an use it for any future attempts. I linked my other review videos. I also mentioned was interested in buying a lifting belt. you figured they would email me back if they wanted to decline the offer.
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) twodog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On another note:

This is a Great Country we live in, all things considered. Only in a Walmart, in the USA, can you see a guy walking out with a shopping cart that has an AR-15, 500 rounds of .223, a 12-pack of Natural Light and some diapers among the rest of the stuff. All in one shopping ). I wish I had thought to take a picture of it, in Johnston County, NC, today .
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by twodog View Post
    On another note:

This is a Great Country we live in, all things considered. Only in a Walmart, in the USA, can you see a guy walking out with a shopping cart that has an AR-15, 500 rounds of .223, a 12-pack of Natural Light and some diapers among the rest of the stuff. All in one shopping ). I wish I had thought to take a picture of it, in Johnston County, NC, today .

If he had flip flops and a wife beater on......that would've been epic.

Although....I have to say that all in all....its scenes like that that somehow make me love this nation even more and I don't even know why. I'm not even sure that I think you should be able to get an AR15 in a walmart (you know I'm a gun guy...just saying). However....that you can grab all that stuff and go get in your pickup truck just make me smile.

America....giving the rest of the world the finger for 200 years.

Note... its a big world now and plenty of people have "freedom" around the world....I just prefer the way we do it!
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    If were my Walmart he would have been wearing pajama pants, slippers and a stained skin tight sleevless Under Armor shirt.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumping4life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by rthawker View Post
    If were my Walmart he would have been wearing pajama pants, slippers and a stained skin tight sleevless Under Armor shirt.
    Oh, God. That was a visual I did NOT want today.
    If God had wanted us to be weak, He wouldn't have given us iron.

[]---[] Equipment Crew #28 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #28 ()---()

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    bobsbelts still hasn't emailed me back about sponsoring me with a dip belt. I offered to send them awsome wt pullup pictures with it an use it for any future attempts. I linked my other review videos. I also mentioned was interested in buying a lifting belt. you figured they would email me back if they wanted to decline the offer.
    If I made dip belts, and the world record holder for pullups offered to wear my belts for photo shoots/ attepts I would be on that right away. In fact I would be paying you to have your name on the belt. I just don't get why he isn't emailing you back right away?

On another note:

And if I so much as buy a potato peeler in a supermarket I'm looked at with suspicion, and then age checked.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pumping4life View Post
    Oh, God. That was a visual I did NOT want today.
    It was a visual I didn't want yesterday but it happened nonetheless.

If you ever need to feel better about yourself and you can't make it to your local Walmart try this site. http://www.peopleofwalmart.com

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anybody feel up to a game of Walmart Bingo?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post

Although....I have to say that all in all....its scenes like that that somehow make me love this nation even more and I don't even know why. I'm not even sure that I think you should be able to get an AR15 in a walmart (you know I'm a gun guy...just saying). However....that you can grab all that stuff and go get in your pickup truck just make me smile.

America....giving the rest of the world the finger for 200 years.

Note... its a big world now and plenty of people have "freedom" around the world....I just prefer the way we do it!
    I agree one hundred percent.

FWIW, He wore a camo cap, t-shirt, jeans and workboots. Then he got into a Chevy Silverado with one of those Browning Deer Stag head decals on the back window. Just a good ol' boy.

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    And if I so much as buy a potato peeler in a supermarket I'm looked at with suspicion, and then age checked.
    I do feel for you guys on the other side of the pond. I had a 19 year old bloke from Nottingham stay with my family for a week, a couple of years ago. He was a soccer(ok, football to you) coach on a summer holiday working for a local group that held clinics. At the end of the week of his stay I got onto the conversation of guns, and he said that he never shot one. The next day we went out in my yard with about a dozen rifles and handguns and he had a ball. Surprisingly, his favorite gun was a M1 Garand, because he played some video game (Call of Duty ?) where they used one. I sent him home with targets, empty casings and photos to help him recall what he said was "the greatest day of his life".

We really don't know how good we have it here !

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do feel for you guys on the other side of the pond. I had a 19 year old bloke from Nottingham stay with my family for a week, a couple of years ago. He was a soccer(ok, football to you) coach on a summer holiday working for a local group that held clinics. At the end of the week of his stay I got onto the conversation of guns, and he said that he never shot one. The next day we went out in my yard with about a dozen rifles and handguns and he had a ball. Surprisingly, his favorite gun was a M1 Garand, because he played some video game (Call of Duty ?) where they used one. I sent him home with targets, empty casings and photos to help him recall what he said was "the greatest day of his life".

That is seriously cool mate. Its a dream of mine to fire a proper rifle one day. Remember the film SHooter with Mark Wahlberg? Just a man, his dog, and a load of guns living in the mountains? ,,,thats my dream. ALthough my wife and lad would have to be there too for it to work.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishpat86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    That is seriously cool mate. Its a dream of mine to fire a proper rifle one day. Remember the film SHooter with Mark Wahlberg? Just a man, his dog, and a load of guns living in the mountains? ,,,thats my dream. ALthough my wife and lad would have to be there too for it to work.
    Me and P&Iman are coming to stay. Also, M1 Garand is the rifle used up until the middle of the Vietnam war isn't it?
    New Evolution shat on me

-!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #7 -!!!---!!!-

"Were not talking about bodybuilding you fking retard. We're talking about Gorillas"

Originally Posted by fishpat86 View Post
    Me and P&Iman are coming to stay. Also, M1 Garand is the rifle used up until the middle of the Vietnam war isn't it?
    The M1 Garand was stopped for combat use before Vietnam, but it morphed into the M14, which is basically an automatic version of the M1 Garand with a detachable box magazine. This gun was issued for combat use from 1959-74.

If either of you are ever in my neck of the woods, you're welcome to stop by and spend some time shooting, both the guns and the breeze, while we put down a few pints, not at the same time of course .

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I know the Texas Power Bar is a popular bar in this forum and there has been a lot of discussion about the cheapest place to buy one and the long wait for them to be delivered. Therefore, I thought members might be interested to know that you can get these bars directly from Legend Fitness. I think the price is competitive, but more importantly they have them in stock, so it shouldn't take long to get one. Contact Legend and ask for Andrew Hall.

FYI - Andrew is a competitive bodybuilder.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #39 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #2 ▪█─────█▪

▪[[[[────]]]]▪ York Barbell Club #93 (DD) ▪[[[[────]]]]▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #10 ▪[M]====[6]▪

186lbs in Avatar

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All this talk about Walmart, reminds me of "The people of Walmart" website.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/
    []---[] Equipment Crew #40 []---[]

Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    All this talk about Walmart, reminds me of "The people of Walmart" website.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos/
    You're a little late. Take a look 10 posts up.

Registered User mensagitatmolem's Avatar
    mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mensagitatmolem is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You're a little late. Take a look 10 posts up.
    You are correct. Did not see the link, when I was catching up on the posts. On a somewhat similar note, we have a few Walmarts in the area. Would not be surprised at what you could see at one of them. At another one, it is similar to walking into a Target.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #40 []---[]

Originally Posted by mensagitatmolem View Post
    You are correct. Did not see the link, when I was catching up on the posts. On a somewhat similar note, we have a few Walmarts in the area. Would not be surprised at what you could see at one of them. At another one, it is similar to walking into a Target.
    It's the same by me. Certain Walmarts seem to get all of the "off the wall" crowd. Down here, all of the K-Marts seem to be even worse.

ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ExtremistPullup has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    New video intro and ending
    Bench Press 315 lbs x 4 (143 kg)
    Pullups Max reps: 40 reps
    Max weighted pullup:
    206.2 lbs x 1 rep
    165 lbs x 6 reps
    135 lbs x 8 reps
    100 lbs x 14 reps

Bench: 365 lbs
    Squat: 405 lbs
    Deadlift: 505 lbs
    Press:225 lbs

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I got this photo while hiking with my wife today. It was perhaps 20 to 30 minutes after sunset when we came to a sort of overlook area which gave us a good view of Scottsdale. I saw a large metal box that the city keeps out there - my guess is that it contains shovels, picks, and such for trail maintenance purposes. Anyway, I rested my camera on it to steady it for taking some bracketed exposures. The first several didn't work out that well, I checked the longest (brightest) exposure after each shot and saw that there was camera movement even though I was resting it on something solid. The problem was that I still had to level the camera by jamming my fingers between the bottom of the camera and that big metal box. (This is why people use tripods.) I finally got a couple of rocks to rest the camera on, one for the lens, and one for the left side of the camera body that made it all stable enough for me to get the shot below. I constructed it out of three exposures at ISO 200, f/4, with exposure times of 1/2 sec, 2 sec, and 6 sec. I used the Mantiuk '06 contrast equalization algorithm for doing the tone mapping. The tone layer was only set to 50% opacity; the other 50% is the blending that I did by hand. I would have preferred a smaller aperture and lower ISO, but that would've meant that the shutter would've needed to be open longer with me trying to hold it steady all the while.

You can see the corner of that large metal box in the bottom left in the photo. We were hiking the Sunrise Trail in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve.

Attached Images
    Last edited by KBKB; 10-21-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Amazing picture KB! I recently got a Nikon D3100 and have been fooling around a bit. There's so much to learn and it can be a little discouraging to try and separate the snow capped mountains from the sky/clouds but still retain the colours of the bright blue waters... I guess this settles it, I'm taking my camera for a hike tomorrow and not coming back until I figure it out.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by trimble006 View Post
    Amazing picture KB!
    Thanks!

... and it can be a little discouraging to try and separate the snow capped mountains from the sky/clouds but still retain the colours of the bright blue waters...
    In case it's not obvious, I do that sort of thing in post-processing. We don't have many snow capped mountains around here, but the layer of haze above the mountains (that we do have) does sometimes make it difficult to separate one from the other. Sometimes, I just resort to painting the layer mask by hand. But more often, some combination of selection tools does a fairly reasonable job.

If you want to create more contrast between the sky and the mountains, you duplicate the image, creating a new layer, select the sky, and then create a layer mask for that layer using the selection. You can then set the layer mode to "multiply" or "burn". This will darken the sky, creating deeper blues, but leave everything else alone. (It's left alone because it's masked out.) If it ends up too dark, you can adjust the opacity slider to lighten it up. If it's not dark enough, just duplicate that "multiply" layer again (and again...) until it is dark enough.

If you use RAW files, you can process the RAW file several times, setting the exposure compensation (and other controls) to provide you with a sky that's dark enough for your tastes. You put that on one layer and on another layer, you put the stuff that's not sky using an exposure which makes the foreground look good. You can even change the white balance for the different layers if that makes sense (looks good). You then use layer masks to expose the portions of each layer that you want visible.

I'm sure that there are other techniques for doing this too, but these are some of the things that I've been doing for post processing files. I haven't been monkeying around with different layer modes (multiply, screen, burn, dodge, etc.) as much since I've started using RAW files. Processing a RAW file a number of times to form different layers produces better results in my opinion. I have a lot less trouble with posterization than I used to.

Great photo KBKB,It's such a great picture of serenity with the preserve in the foreground and the city behind it. Thank you !

Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Hishiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Nice picture KBKB!!! Also awesome video EP. Tomorrow is Day 1 of hitting the home gym. Now that I've got a better grasp on the Simple Beginner's Routine I think it'll work far better than the last time I attempted to run it. Hopefully I'll be posting up some videos of me benching 315 soon
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #56 ▪█─────█▪

KBKB, I assume you don't want to carry a standard size tripod during a hike. You should pick up one of these. http://www.walmart.com/ip/14541903?a...l5=pla&veh=sem They are really made for small cameras but are great replacements for rocks and fingers and they are small and light enough to fit anywhere.

KBKB, I assume you don't want to carry a standard size tripod during a hike. You should pick up one of these. http://www.walmart.com/ip/14541903?a...l5=pla&veh=sem They are really made for small cameras but are great replacements for rocks and fingers and they are small and light enough to fit anywhere.
    I think that's a great idea. I'll get one. Thanks!

dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dumb.bell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is my weekly bench test where I gauge my strength by pressing 225lbs as many times as I can.

http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...estOct20th.mp4

186lbs in Avatar

Originally Posted by ExtremistPullup View Post
    New video intro and ending
    Bench Press 315 lbs x 4 (143 kg)
    Those are some nice reps! Impressive!

186lbs in Avatar

Closed Thread