Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Friday
    Didn't work but had several meetings lined up with contractors for window/AC replacement so didn't make it to the gym. Had a 1.5 hour kickball practice, though.

Saturday
    Still no gym, but 11,100 steps.

Sunday
    Double header for kickball. We won the championship. Wohoo. Also walked quite a bit too.

Condo updates: I selected a contractor. I think my expectations of what I was going to spend were probably quite unrealistic. But we settled on a number I can live with and I went with a company that specializes in Eco-friendly solutions, so all in all I'm happy. I feel like such an adult right now.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tuesday
    Needed to keep it light. More on why later.
    Superset A
    Back Squat, wide stance, toes out 4x10x70
    Single arm DB skull crusher 4x10x15
    Superset B
    OHP 3x8x60
    Single leg SLDL 4x8x15
    Superset C
    Assisted pullup 4x8x75
    Incline DB bench 4x8x30s

*sigh* I'm falling apart. I currently am dealing with the following:
    1. My right shoulder has dislocated 3 times in the last week. Once I overstretch things by dislocating once it is easier to do so again for several weeks. I need to let it recover, so I have to be extra extra careful on movements that dislocate (like, taking off my sports bras, which is becoming an embarrassingly complicated event at the gym, and no more showing off my handstands in the pool which is how the second occurrence manifested)
    2. I did something to my left hamstring on Friday at kickball. The pull/strain/whatever is at mid-thigh and doesn't impact either the knee or hip joint, so it's not really crippling, but it's not going away either. Couldn't hack bb SLDL and was afraid to do heavy, normal stance squats. Stretching hurts quite a bit and I'm not sure if it's a strain that shouldn't be stretched or a knot that should.
    3. A toe on my left foot feels sprained. I've got no flipping clue what happened there, but it is also one of the joints that is particularly prone to dislocation, so probably something during one of Sunday's games. Again, not crippling, but not going to get better if I keep irritating it.
    4. Random pain in my right knee. Not consistent. Not anything I've dealt with before (f***ed up my left knee pretty good a few years back, but never the right). No known cause. We're talking shooting pain once or twice a day so again nothing that is impacting me hugely but generally concerning.
    5. Slight strain to my right ankle. Again, no recollected cause but I assume just from running hard in cleats as I've had problems with that before. I expect that'll go away rather quickly.

I feel too young to be so beat up. I'm thinking I might need to go talk to an ortho about the hypermobility. Maybe joint breakdown is normal? Maybe there's something I should be doing for it? I'm afraid to start googling thing or else I'll end up diagnosing myself with cancer or scaring myself into inactivity.

Thursday
    Spin, tabata focus (5 rounds with recovery between for a total of 50 min)

Hammy is feeling better, shoulder not so much (still getting micro dislocations). Ankle better, metatarsals still sore. Knee hasn't pinged since Tuesday so whatever was catching there must've worked loose.

Friday
    Whole lotta nothing

Saturday
    Finally started the chore of organizing my storage space to try to give the kiddos their closet space back. Got about halfway through. No gym but plenty of walking and lifting regardless.

Sunday
    No gym again but 12,200 steps, including a hike down and then back up the cliff to Black's Beach. Some playing in the ocean, which drew to an abrupt close when a ~5 foot wave came out of no where, knocked me down and dragged my sorry ass (actually, tits, because face down) across the ocean floor a few feet. My feet managed to hit the crown of my head, which is a feat I haven't managed in a few years. I kind of figured I'd be feeling like **** today but apart from some bruises and sand burn (lol) I'm ok. Also, I had all-you-can-eat sushi for dinner. Haven't had sushi in about 6 months so I basically gorged myself in a way that should bring shame but somehow doesn't.

Monday
    Decided to do an all out back day. Workout again borrowed from "30 Days Out"
    Rack pull 10x3x145
    Assisted pull-up 6x5x70
    Cable row 5x6x85
    Dumbell incline row 3x10x15s
    Single arm lat pull down 1x15x25

Tuesday
    Painted for ~1.5 hours

Wednesday
    Chest day
    Incline DB bench 5x6x35s
    Single arm DB bench 6x5x27.5
    Hammer high press 3x10x50
    Plate press 2x15x5s
    Single arm cable fly 30x12
    Decline cable press 3x10x25

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ouch! But congrats on your scorpion!
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Ouch! But congrats on your scorpion!
    lol thanks

Been busy. Hand thing has gotten worse. They were basically nonfunctional on Sunday. This week I'm at training for work and taking notes and by the end of the day I can barely grip the pen. Typing is also hard. Hands aren't numb but they're weak, achy, and clumsy. Think I need to suck it up and see a doc. Relying on my Versa grips for lifting because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do much.

Let's see haven't logged recently so here's a catch up....

Friday
    Legs. Don't ask what I don't remember. Must've been good because they only stopped hurting today.
    Also finished painting.

Saturday
    Personal drama. No gym but a good amount of walking.
    Also lots of cleaning because stressed.

Sunday
    Not much because of the hands. Did some cleaning/reorganization projects.

Monday
    Still issues with the hands. Meant to lift but alarm didn't go off (>!@#$).

Tuesday
    Still issues with the hands.
    Shoulders. Honestly the extra typing to do a full log is unappealing so I'm just not going to.

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Shoulders. Honestly the extra typing to do a full log is unappealing so I'm just not going to.
    You do you, girl
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Could the hand issues be from nerve damage? Not to freak you out, just curious if you'd considered it.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    You do you, girl
    Thanks. It's frustrating. Marked improvement the last two days though. I feel like I'm back to about 90% function, just a bit of achy-ness left, not noticing the grip weakness as much.

Originally Posted by Clinos View Post
    Could the hand issues be from nerve damage? Not to freak you out, just curious if you'd considered it.
    There's nothing I can think of that would CAUSE nerve damage. Unless it can be the fact that my neck is messed up because of the sc0li. I mean, yeah I use a computer at work but I have a decent set up, take breaks, and the problem doesn't seem to be worse at work than at home (I never use a computer at home).

Wednesday
    Nothing

Thursday
    Spin

Friday
    Overslept again, so no gym. Maybe this evening but I doubt it. I'm in a funk.

I basically potatoed the entire long weekend. Funk will not shake off. I don't want to lift. Need a routine or a goal or something.

Tuesday
    Bench 3x45 5x75 4x5x80
    SLDL 5x95 5x105 3x5x110
    Row 5x5x80

In other news, I shaved my head. Well, half of it anyway.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Potato-ing all weekend sounds like a nice option. I'm in a funk lifting wise too though spend Saturday and Sunday working.

In for pics of half shaved head.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Potato-ing all weekend sounds like a nice option. I'm in a funk lifting wise too though spend Saturday and Sunday working.

In for pics of half shaved head.
    I'm so ridiculously bad at selfies. I'll post as soon as I take one that doesn't make me cringe. But I have so much damn hair that you can't really tell that I shaved half of it off with the way I style it for work. Not a single person has noticed so far!

Wednesday
    Tried squats. Back too stiff. Need to work yoga into the routine again. Workout turned out to be a hodge podge after that.
    OHP 5x5x55
    Leg Extension 3x10x70
    Assisted wide grip pull up 5x5x70
    Leg curl 5x5x50
    Incline DB bench 3x8x27.5s
    Busa mountain climbers 3x10

Back and neck have been stiff and achy, and hand weakness has been off and on (also achy but not as bad as last week). Also randomly I gently bumped my knee with something the other day and was in collapse-to-the-ground-in-tears pain for about 3 minutes. So maybe something ****ed up is going on with my nervous system after all. My medical insurance is **** but something's gotta give.

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Post anyways! I hate all pictures of me to be honest. I look blah and smiling is even worse, but I post on instagram on occasion despite that. I don't even know what my insurance covers since I got one of the cheapest but just try to avoid using it.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Doesn't show the undercut much but also don't hate the picture. From about 2 inches above my ear, all the way around, is shaved. I wish I did it at the beginning of summer because it's sooooo much lighter and cooler.

This morning I turned off my alarm and slept through spin. 10.5 hours of sleep. It's been a rough couple of weeks emotionally, which has affected my sleeping, eating, and desire to workout. I'm definitely back to the fluffy stage.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I'm not cool either

Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    I'm so ridiculously bad at selfies. I'll post as soon as I take one that doesn't make me cringe. But I have so much damn hair that you can't really tell that I shaved half of it off with the way I style it for work. Not a single person has noticed so far!

Wednesday
    Tried squats. Back too stiff. Need to work yoga into the routine again. Workout turned out to be a hodge podge after that.
    OHP 5x5x55
    Leg Extension 3x10x70
    Assisted wide grip pull up 5x5x70
    Leg curl 5x5x50
    Incline DB bench 3x8x27.5s
    Busa mountain climbers 3x10

Back and neck have been stiff and achy, and hand weakness has been off and on (also achy but not as bad as last week). Also randomly I gently bumped my knee with something the other day and was in collapse-to-the-ground-in-tears pain for about 3 minutes. So maybe something ****ed up is going on with my nervous system after all. My medical insurance is **** but something's gotta give.
    Dont worry I dont take many pictures on IG either its because I dont look that good.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

I lifted on Friday; front squats, cable row, glute ham raises, DB single arm bench, DB OHP. Didn't record weights/reps. I also pulled something in my left quad AGAIN which left me limping all weekend.

For some reason my alarm didn't go off this morning (I swear for once I didn't just sleep through it). Still debating going after work but the Lions are playing in MNF and being West Coast I'd miss the entire game. We never-ever get picked for MNF/SNF/TNF because we majorly suck.

Well it finally happened. Was warming up on deads, heard and felt a terrible pop, and am in excruciating pain. Ended up in the ER, which did no good because apparently they're just an opioid dispensary, and have a ortho appt for Thursday. ER docs are convinced its just a sprain or spasm, but I suspect a ruptured disc at the very least, especially given lack of sensation in and ice cold temperature of my right foot. I've had spasms so bad you can see them through my skin. This is not that kind of pain. However, the muscle relaxer they gave me has my neck feeling the best its been in months. Silver lining?

Oh noes. Is it the flexeril (or the generic) or something else? *curious*
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Oh noes. Is it the flexeril (or the generic) or something else? *curious*
    No, the muscle relaxer was ******. They eventually gave me a dose of morphine which dulled the back pain to bearable for a few hours and sent me on my way. Sadly, that's definitely not a long term solution.

This whole incident has me pretty shook up. I consider myself to have a high pain tolerance. I've dealt with 3 motorcycle crashes, a concussion, broken bones, dislocated shoulders, knees, and toes, and sprains so bad my joints swell to 3 times their size with zero pain killers or a couple NSAIDS. I have always managed my condition through therapy and exercise and have zero interest in getting hooked on meds. But at this point, I need assistance to dress myself and get off the toilet while taking ibuprofen, Tylenol, and oxy. I don't know that I'm ever going to lift weights again. I am going to have some serious convos with the orthopedist tomorrow, but I think I'm going to scale back to swimming, biking, yoga, and possibly something like pilates. I love lifting and I love what it does for my appearance, but like I said, this level of helplessness is terrifying.