Page 159 of 330 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 9897
    WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steph--it's progress like this that helps me breath whilst shoving in the extra calories lol You look great! Good luck on your cut

occasional visitor stephanielynn76's Avatar
    stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gobbles23 View Post
    Wow, you look amazing! You still look pretty lean Awesome job!!!
    thank you... I'm so inspired by YOU btw and hoping I progress to where you are eventually... especially with those impressive lifts!!

Originally Posted by -H- View Post
    Wow!! You look great!! thanks for sharing these! What is your goal now?? I hope my bulk is as successful as yours!
    I'm hoping to attempt a competition this summer. I hadn't decided whether it will be figure or bikini... but I was hoping to have enough mass to pull off figure. We shall see what's there after the cut!

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I agree!! You could easily bulk another 6 months!
    I wish I could... but I've got too many plans for the summer that I wanna be a bit leaner for!

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Good luck w/ the transformation challenge, Stephanie! You look great. Where would you say you made the most progress/put on the most muscle during your bulk?
    Hmmmmm... most progress.... great question! I know it doesn't look like it... but I think my lower body made the most progress. This is seriously the least saggy my butt has ever been. However, I definitely see upper body changes too. You know what... I'll post some 1-year progress images... you tell me what you see based on these. I kinda think I made pretty good gains all over really...

Originally Posted by stackums View Post
    LMAO!! Im the same way! it takes me so long to do pics because I nitpick them to death!...You look fabulous! Im with FBM..You could keep going til end of March at least!!
    Haha... I SHOULD HAVE nitpicked the pictures but I didn't have time... I was rushing to get off to work. Yesterday was the last day to upload them for the challenge... just like me always waiting till the last minute!

Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    Steph - you look brilliant, and I agree you could keep on going. When is your next bulk starting?
    Thanks girl! I supposed I'd start again next August... like 6 months lean then 6 months bulking. That's pretty much what I did for 2011.

Originally Posted by WariorGoddess View Post
    Steph--it's progress like this that helps me breath whilst shoving in the extra calories lol You look great! Good luck on your cut
    Hahaha... thanks! I'll be honest and admit that I'm dreading it. I've forgotten what true hunger feels like!

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    steph, great job. i like the 3rd pic a lot. in any case, they all show that you could so easily bulk more. hope you don't cut for too long and come back to us and gaining more muscle soon. btw, i looked at your website. nice photography. and the actual website is really pretty.

toodle, glad you're feeling better and back in it. they don't say bulking is a mindf*ck for no reason. what you went thru is normal and it's just impressive that you didn't let it take you down and end your bulk.

lori, how are you feeling? did you do another workout or still too sick? are you still having problems w/ your jaw and tooth? it's shoulders/tri's for me today.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Steph, I agree - you look awesome!!! Still really lean and I agree you could keep going but I understand wanting to cut for summer. You're gonna blow everyone away when you're rocking your bikini!

I definitely think I need to step it up and add more calories. I'm still somewhat hungry by the end of the day and feel like I shouldn't be while bulking. Is that the case or is it normal to feel hungry even when eating more? Is it a metabolism thing?

I know that sounds like a hopelessly dumb question but now I wonder how I was eating a couple hundred less calories a couple short weeks ago. Lol. Either way, I'm ok with adding more. Won't complain about more food!!

I added some weight yesterday doing legs, got 8 reps for 5 sets on my squats. They weren't all pretty but definitely a good sign for my strength so I was happy. Having grip issues with deads. I could have gotten a couple more reps but my grip gave out. Ugh. Need to get straps. I was using gloves thinking they would help and after trying without, it was better but my hands are just a mess, dry skin, cracked calluses. So it hurt. I definitely want to try straps. I think I could add some weight to those as well. So some progress.

Andrerox, I am starting to feel like you - wanting to see gains more quickly now that I've mentally committed to bulking. Especially after seeing so many pics of you guys post bulk. I have so much room to grow and I'm definitely not as nervous about it as I had been
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by andrerox80 View Post
    lori, how are you feeling? did you do another workout or still too sick? are you still having problems w/ your jaw and tooth? it's shoulders/tri's for me today.
    Heya! I'm feeling much better today than yesterday- thanks! Going to take it easy again today though- Stephen and I are taking the four-wheeler up on the "mountain" (we don't have mountains here- but it's a huge hill and the closest thing we have to one!) and going snowboarding/sliding. I think the fresh air will help my sinuses! Jaw is perfect! Just this damn head cold! Will still do chest/biceps tomorrow. I did shoulders and triceps on....Monday, and my triceps especially are brutally sore still! I'm loving this routine so far- and I haven't even been able to truly take advantage of it, I'm excited! Hope your workout goes well!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stephanielynn76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Steph, I agree - you look awesome!!! Still really lean and I agree you could keep going but I understand wanting to cut for summer. You're gonna blow everyone away when you're rocking your bikini!

I definitely think I need to step it up and add more calories. I'm still somewhat hungry by the end of the day and feel like I shouldn't be while bulking. Is that the case or is it normal to feel hungry even when eating more? Is it a metabolism thing?

I know that sounds like a hopelessly dumb question but now I wonder how I was eating a couple hundred less calories a couple short weeks ago. Lol. Either way, I'm ok with adding more. Won't complain about more food!!

I added some weight yesterday doing legs, got 8 reps for 5 sets on my squats. They weren't all pretty but definitely a good sign for my strength so I was happy. Having grip issues with deads. I could have gotten a couple more reps but my grip gave out. Ugh. Need to get straps. I was using gloves thinking they would help and after trying without, it was better but my hands are just a mess, dry skin, cracked calluses. So it hurt. I definitely want to try straps. I think I could add some weight to those as well. So some progress.

Andrerox, I am starting to feel like you - wanting to see gains more quickly now that I've mentally committed to bulking. Especially after seeing so many pics of you guys post bulk. I have so much room to grow and I'm definitely not as nervous about it as I had been
    Thanks girl!!! As far as the hunger issue... even on the days I was eating the most... I still could have eaten more if I would have let myself. I am seriously a bottomless pit. I have never had a problem with eating enough. If you feel like you need to add more... do it! You can always change things up if you see you are gaining to quickly!

You know when I first started doing deads I struggled with grip strength too. I just kept doing them and re-gripping when I needed to and over time my grip improved. How are you holding the bar??? Do you use a mixed grip... one hand over and the other under? I have also practiced strengthening my grip doing the shrug machine.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by stephanielynn76 View Post
    I kinda think I made pretty good gains all over really...
    You did! Just looking at the first set of pictures you posted, I thought your shoulders, quads, and obliques looked particularly awesome, and I wondered if you thought so too. In the comparison pics, I can definitely see the huge change in your glutes! You have a really nicely balanced figure, IMO.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks girl! I supposed I'd start again next August... like 6 months lean then 6 months bulking. That's pretty much what I did for 2011.
    Wow...those year to year pics really show what you have accomplished...seriously, so many women spin their wheels but it looks like you got it right first time around.

That's what I'd like to do too starting in the fall...really realised lately I've gone around bulking all wrong. Ah well, live and learn.

toodle, glad you're feeling better and back in it. they don't say bulking is a mindf*ck for no reason. what you went thru is normal and it's just impressive that you didn't let it take you down and end your bulk.
    You're so sweet. Seriously, it is a complete mindf*ck first time around. Hopefully when I do another one in the fall I'll have chilled out and learned a lot.

How are the added cals feeling/working these days?

I added some weight yesterday doing legs, got 8 reps for 5 sets on my squats.
    It definitely could be your metabolism ramping up - I think it might have been TPW who has said the same thing in the past.

Where are your cals at now? Are you eating numerous mini-meals or less but larger ones? I've really found the big meals works wonders for me. I just had a 600+ cal breakfast.

Definitely a good sign to go up in weight and/or reps...I track every workout and it always spurs me on to try to eek out one more rep than the previous week...
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry for not quoting - I'm on my phone and it's easier not to try bc it gets screwed up. Lol

For my deads, I start out with overhand grip and will switch to mixed grip for later sets. I find mixed to be much better. I think I'll also try doing mixed for every set to see how it goes.

I do feel like a bottomless pit myself - glad I'm not alone. We went to dinner saturday and I ate every crumb and started picking at my son's scraps. And felt satisfied but not really full. Lol.

I eat usually 6x a day. But added more to breakfast so that ends up being close to 500 cals. I'm in between 2000 and 2100 but think I could stand to add another 100 at this point. I'll reevaluate sometime next week. I'm gonna try to just weigh on Fridays bc I'm usually at the gym in the morning so I think that will be the best indication of where I really am weight-wise.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I think my lower body made the most progress.
    that's where i see the most progress too, but there's great progress all around and i'm glad you can see that. very successful bulk.

yes, eat more. hasn't it been 2 or 3 weeks w/ no increase in weight? just go for it. could be a metabolism thing. also, i don't remember if you were undereating before, but sometimes that can affect your hunger and satiety cues. so if you're now eating enough, you might just be more in tune w/ your hunger. and/or did you change your workout prgm or the intensity w/ which you're lifting? that could do it too. in any case, it's a good thing, esp since you are gonna need to increase cals (when you do it is up to you, of course. i'm not trying to rush you).

i know, right? i used to be so timid abt the whole thing and i am sure that'll happen again. i'll get scared. but for now, right now, i just want continuous gains, and as stupid as this sounds and is, if i don't gain even a few ounces in a week, i worry my workouts were for nothing, and i'm working as hard as i can in the gym and don't want that to be the case.

Heya! I'm feeling much better today than yesterday- thanks! Going to take it easy again today though- Stephen and I are taking the four-wheeler up on the "mountain" (we don't have mountains here- but it's a huge hill and the closest thing we have to one!) and going snowboarding/sliding. I think the fresh air will help my sinuses! Jaw is perfect! Just this damn head cold! Will still do chest/biceps tomorrow. I did shoulders and triceps on....Monday, and my triceps especially are brutally sore still! I'm loving this routine so far- and I haven't even been able to truly take advantage of it, I'm excited! Hope your workout goes well!
    thanks, lori. and so glad you had a good workout on mon, despite everything. what are the tri exercises you're doing (if you don't mind sharing)? smart to take it easy when you're not feeling up to snuff. hope the head cold clears up quickly. snowboarding sounds awesome. do you have good snow for that? i've always been scared of snowboarding. skiing is cool, but something abt both feet, i just chicken out. haven't even been skiing in years.

You're so sweet. Seriously, it is a complete mindf*ck first time around. Hopefully when I do another one in the fall I'll have chilled out and learned a lot.
    How are the added cals feeling/working these days?

that's what they say, eh? the first one is a major learning experience. the good, the bad and the ugly, and the mindgames involved. it's only my second day of increased cals (well, added last tues and the tues before too), but going well. i am finding it rather easy. so just trying to take advantage of that while it lasts, and hoping it does.

Definitely a good sign to go up in weight and/or reps...I track every workout and it always spurs me on to try to eek out one more rep than the previous week...
    if there's no way for me to eek out an extra rep, sometimes i add an extra set, even though it's only a few reps. anything to try to improve. i don't expect it every workout/week, though. but when i've stalled... i'm also doing this now b/c my prgm is slightly less reps than i'm used to and the first time i went thru, i'd do it, but then chicken out and drop to a lighter weight for the extra few reps. but now i keep it as heavy and when reps are really low, i add an extra set. not sure that's good, but just being honest in what i do.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks, lori. and so glad you had a good workout on mon, despite everything. what are the tri exercises you're doing (if you don't mind sharing)? smart to take it easy when you're not feeling up to snuff. hope the head cold clears up quickly. snowboarding sounds awesome. do you have good snow for that? i've always been scared of snowboarding. skiing is cool, but something abt both feet, i just chicken out. haven't even been skiing in years.
    Thanks! My tricep exercises looked like this:

C.G.B.P: Power- 3x3-5
    Lying Skullcrushers: Muscle- 3x6-12
    Lying D.B Tricep Extensions: Muscle- 3x6-12
    Tricep Pushdowns: Burn- 1x40 (I did Bradford presses for my shoulder burn set and did these afterwards and my poor triceps were already tired from the presses so these were brutal! I can only imagine what 2 burn sets would have been like of both exercises Can't wait!)

We finally do! Lots of snow here today! It's awesome! I'm afraid of snowboarding/skiing too- I have a snowboard but I'm not very good so I'm using my GT instead (sled) Would never try skis- I'd kill myself

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I'm hoping to attempt a competition this summer. I hadn't decided whether it will be figure or bikini... but I was hoping to have enough mass to pull off figure. We shall see what's there after the cut!
    Awesome!! Can't wait to see how the cut goes!!
    It is cool to see how much your body comp changed at such a similar weight to where you started!
    I am a bottomless pit, too. My girls are 2 and 4 but I think after I had them and nursed each for a year it sped up my metabolism or something, lol. I am currently at 2300 on lifting days to see how it goes, but might increase after a couple weeks.

I started using straps -I have some arthritis in my fingers sometimes, and anything over 120 is uncomfortable. LOVE the straps!!! All I care about is moving the weight to build my body so have no issue using them. It is so nice to take the mental part (worrying about grip/slipping/etc) out of it and just focusing on the lift.

Me, too!

Sounds fun!!! Glad you are feeling better.

I am loving this bulking thing so far. LOL! Feel good, and strangely look better so far, too. SO interested to see how the next few months go! You all inspire me so much!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Yeah, I'm also starting to worry about my work in the gym being for nothing so I'm anxious to see some gains. I'm not sure if I was undereating. I was at 1800 -1900. And it's been two weeks since I increased. Even though I'm not scared at this point of gaining, it helps to hear from others that I should add. It's so hard to know if I'm doing the right thing

I'm prob gonna miss my workout at this rate bc of work. It totally ruins my day. Grrrr
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As promised...

^^^official end-of-bulk images. I entered the transformation challenge hence the newspaper.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling a bit better now... just in time to go to work tonight :/ I think the steroids are helping a lot so I can at least breath. Things are still crazy around here though. Kid #2 is over her strep throat and kid#1 came home from school with a 101.1 temp today. Here we go again. He will be home with me tomorrow. I am hoping to be back in the gym by Thursday. If not I will surely go insane.

... eta: gosh my boobs are uneven!?!
    You look so lean!!! Great job on a bulk!

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yeah, I'm also starting to worry about my work in the gym being for nothing so I'm anxious to see some gains. I'm not sure if I was undereating. I was at 1800 -1900. And it's been two weeks since I increased. Even though I'm not scared at this point of gaining, it helps to hear from others that I should add. It's so hard to know if I'm doing the right thing

I'm prob gonna miss my workout at this rate bc of work. It totally ruins my day. Grrrr
    Lately, I've definitely had days when I feel I could eat more. I've definitely noticed this on rest days after leg day, I feel ravenous! The first few weeks I was having trouble getting all the food down, but yesterday I ate 2300 cals, which is the most I've eaten on my bulk so far that I have tracked (not counting days I've gone out to eat and didn't calculate cals). It may also be the types of foods you eat, for example, I ate cheese ravioli and chicken the other day and didn't feel as full, but when I eat ground turkey with veggies and rice I feel more full.

As far as gripping for deadlifts, I use a mixed grip which was difficult to get used to, but it works pretty well if you don't have straps. I know some people look down on using straps, but if you don't plan on competing I don't think it's a big deal. I haven't used straps yet because my weight isn't very high, I'm trying to hold off until I absolutely have to.

Steph- excellent progress! See your pictures are very motivating to continue bulking. I can't wait to see your progress after cutting! It looks like you've made great gains.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I-yi-yi! If I miss one day of this thread, it's hell getting caught up . I don't even know where to start!

Toodlepip, so glad you are feeling more positive!!!

Stephanie, checked out your pics. You are very talented indeed. At one time in my life I was aspiring to do the same. My really expensive Canon EOS got stollen along with 2 lenses. I never picked it up again. You've inspired me.

Also, your progress pics certainly do tell a story. For this reason, I think documenting is great. Your physique has really changed. It's amazing and inspiring. Also, regarding your end of bulk pics, you really do look great and do not have a lot of fat to lose. I wish you the very best in the contest. I am rooting for you.

Everyone else, you all are doing great and it's nice to have like-minded people to share with. Truly grateful for that .

We finally do! Lots of snow here today! It's awesome! I'm afraid of snowboarding/skiing too- I have a snowboard but I'm not very good so I'm using my GT instead (sled) Would never try skis- I'd kill myself
    awesome!! a lot of members have houses in vermont (how nice it must be to have one home, let alone two!) and they haven't been able to ski. no snow. why do you think you'd kill yourself w/ skis? lol. hope you had fun and then came home to something warm and yummy.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)

That's what they say, eh? the first one is a major learning experience. the good, the bad and the ugly, and the mindgames involved. it's only my second day of increased cals (well, added last tues and the tues before too), but going well. i am finding it rather easy. so just trying to take advantage of that while it lasts, and hoping it does.

if there's no way for me to eek out an extra rep, sometimes i add an extra set, even though it's only a few reps. anything to try to improve. i don't expect it every workout/week, though. but when i've stalled... i'm also doing this now b/c my prgm is slightly less reps than i'm used to and the first time i went thru, i'd do it, but then chicken out and drop to a lighter weight for the extra few reps. but now i keep it as heavy and when reps are really low, i add an extra set. not sure that's good, but just being honest in what i do.
    That's good to hear...you'll be over 3000 soon...

I don't know why an extra set wouldn't be a good idea...as far as I'm concerned any way you can improve is a good thing.

Lori - all our snow is melting!! I don't know if I'll even be able to ski this weekend...boo...

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi Everyone

I am Joan ☺

I feel I ought to join you in the 'off-season'.

Even though I have been bodybuilding for yeeears...lol...aprox 13-14yrs.
    I never really had an off-season. AKA bulk, gain lean mass.
    I've always stuck with very low carbs/fats, and too much protien.

Recently (Oct 2011) I comepeted in 2 bbing comps.
    I did fairly well

If you want to see photos of me thru years...you can go to my ******** page. All pics are in folders.

http://www.********.com/#!/profile.p...1711&sk=photos

Now with this being said...I have always ate high protein, lowcarb/fats.
    My body wasn't liking it very well.
    After my last comp in Oct....I hired the assistance of Emm-Leigh..so I wouldn't ReBound afterwards.
    She helped very much ☺

Since then I decided I want to tak this 2012 year off from comps....and concentrate on building LEAN MUSCLE!
    I searched and and decided upon hireing Ruben Sandoval and his team of FTBIYK ( Fit To Be In Your Kitchen)
    He is amzing with his work!

I am eating foods I have not eating in years!
    and I am staying Lean, while building muscles! Yay!

Can you believe it ? Eating and STILL staying lean? Wow!

I was scared at first with all the new foods he was given me.
    BUT I KNOW his Special Diet formulated Just For ME and my Specific Goals of Building Muscle Mass....is exaclty what is right for me. ☺

The foods I am eating that I never ate before are : Ex: Dairy (Greek yogurt) Kidney Beans, Fiber One Ceral (high carb days) Quinoa, Peanut Butter, Avacado, Brown Rice, EVOO and Fruit!. ..to name a few.
    And the Recipes that Ruben is giving me are sooo delicious! ☺ Can't tell I am on a lean bulking diet!!
    Everymeal is calculated and written up specially for me......No more counting cals....He has it all for ME! Love It!

And he also has me on a GREAT Workout Plan!! Wow! Reps, Sets, Muscle Groups, Schemes!
    All written out special for ME and my Muscle-building Goal!! ☺
    I am sore...lol
    AND
    Reduced Cardio!! ☺

I thank Ruben Sandoval and his Excellent Work!

Along with my FB photos.....I want to share a couple pics.

Here I am 3months ago (before joinging with Ruben)98lbs

And here I am 2.5 weeks with Ruben , 101lbs:

I feel GREAT, and I am so EXCITED to be working with Ruben and his FTBIYK Team!
    I WILL Build Lean Muscle!
    and I am thrilled!
    I am hoping to compete next year...and be in triple weight digits this time.....All with LEAN MUSCLES!! WHOOO!

Let's Do This!
    Faith, Dedication, Passion, Hard Work!!

Take Care!

--Joan
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am Joan ☺

I did fairly well

If you want to see photos of me thru years...you can go to my ******** page. All pics are in folders.

After my last comp in Oct....I hired the assistance of Emm-Leigh..so I wouldn't ReBound afterwards.
    She helped very much ☺

Since then I decided I want to tak this 2012 year off from comps....and concentrate on building LEAN MUSCLE!
    I searched and and decided upon hireing Ruben Sandoval and his team of FTBIYK ( Fit To Be In Your Kitchen)

BUT I KNOW his Special Diet formulated Just For ME and my Specific Goals of Building Muscle Mass....is exaclty what is right for me. ☺

The foods I am eating that I never ate before are : Ex: Dairy (Greek yogurt) Kidney Beans, Fiber One Ceral (high carb days) Quinoa, Peanut Butter, Avacado, Brown Rice, EVOO and Fruit!. ..to name a few.
    And the Recipes that Ruben is giving me are sooo delicious! ☺ Can't tell I am on a lean bulking diet!!
    Everymeal is calculated and written up specially for me......No more counting cals....He has it all for ME! Love It!

And he also has me on a GREAT Workout Plan!! Wow! Reps, Sets, Muscle Groups, Schemes!
    I am sore...lol
    AND
    Reduced Cardio!! ☺

and I am thrilled!
    I am hoping to compete next year...and be in triple weight digits this time.....All with LEAN MUSCLES!! WHOOO!

Let's Do This!

Take Care!

--Joan
    Awesome Joan!!! You know how happy I am to see you here

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Wow your pics are amazing. I was just about to ask if you're only 16% BF at the end of this bulk, what was it to begin with? It's clear you've definitely lost BF though since a year ago, and gained quite a bit of muscle. Well Done

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Awesome Joan!!! You know how happy I am to see you here
    WOW love all your pics!! You look awesome! Excited to follow along and hear about your progress, sounds like you have a great plan for this year.
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy thread moves! Seems I missed alot:

As promised...

^^^official end-of-bulk images. I entered the transformation challenge hence the newspaper.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I am feeling a bit better now... just in time to go to work tonight :/ I think the steroids are helping a lot so I can at least breath. Things are still crazy around here though. Kid #2 is over her strep throat and kid#1 came home from school with a 101.1 temp today. Here we go again. He will be home with me tomorrow. I am hoping to be back in the gym by Thursday. If not I will surely go insane.

... eta: gosh my boobs are uneven!?!
    You look great! The changes in your body after one year have been incredible~ You could for sure keep bulking, but I understand your reasons for wanting to cut. Good luck with the transformation challenge. Are you keeping a journal...or just on myspace?

Originally Posted by stackums View Post
    OK..Any of you do this before?? Twice this week I actually got out of bed...after "snuggle" time with the hub just to go downstairs at like 11:30 pm to get in my last bulking meal..lol. Big bowl of cottage cheese with a few grapes. Then have to rebrush teeth lol Now thats bulk diet commitment!! lol
    This made me laugh! My husband works away and is only home for 5 days every 20.....so yes, I do this quite often

Steph - you look brilliant, and I agree you could keep on going. When is your next bulk starting?

Hope your kiddo gets better...I feel your pain...my little one has been sneezing for days and I was hoping it would pass but no...wheezing and coughing started today...

Well I'm over my wah-wah-wah-I'm-so-fat-I-could-explode wobble. Feeling really strong and good these days and not quite so freaked out over fat gains. Yesterday I really noticed some changes in upper body (my main goal) so I was very pleased at that. Definitely going to continue the bulk for another month.
    Glad you're feeling better. Strong is good!!

That's good to hear...you'll be over 3000 soon...

I don't know why an extra set wouldn't be a good idea...as far as I'm concerned any way you can improve is a good thing.

Lori - all our snow is melting!! I don't know if I'll even be able to ski this weekend...boo...
    I hate snow! We got dumped on yesterday. Had to shovel 3 times

Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I am Joan ☺

I did fairly well

She helped very much ☺

I am sore...lol
    AND
    Reduced Cardio!! ☺

and I am thrilled!

Let's Do This!

Take Care!

--Joan
    Well well, look what the cat dragged in Glad to see you over here. Please tell me you are not serious about never eaten peanut butter before??? I absolutely can not live without my pb...bulking or cutting, its a staple for me.

Okay, this bulk is coming to an end.....3 more days. I will post some pics tomorrow........now off to enjoy my last few days of yummy high carb goodies

Yay... glad to have you here Joan. I'm sure there is a lot we could learn from you!

Originally Posted by Walks90 View Post
    Wow your pics are amazing. I was just about to ask if you're only 16% BF at the end of this bulk, what was it to begin with? It's clear you've definitely lost BF though since a year ago, and gained quite a bit of muscle. Well Done
    I'm guessing you are talking to me? If so, thanks!!! When I started the bulk I was super lean at 12%BF

JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Walks90 View Post
    I think she said she was 11.5 before. I could be wrong though.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139497073

Joan: Nice to see you here...I have followed your progress for ages and always been amazed at how lean you are. Glad you found an online trainer who has opened up your food world a bit - I can't imagine how you survived at a constant low carb level...no fun! Awesome bulk btw...incredible results. You talk of a higher carb day...is it kind of like the Leangains approach, higher carbs/lower fat workout days & low carbs/higher fat on rest days?

Ms Mac: Usually I would be with you complaining about the snow but this year we barely have any...it's great and absurd at the same time!

Well some of my hormonal/bloating/water retention crap is finally sorting itself out...have dropped 4 lbs this week and am just about back to where I was about a month ago. Still a lot of jiggle in the wiggle so I don't think I have lost any fat at all...which is fine...just all that crazy fluid I was suddenly retaining. Staying around 1800-1900 cals at the moment...suppose I should raise that slightly if weight now stabilises over the next week or so?

JOAN!!! it's abt time you got your little butt in here. i have a few things to say. first, you know how much you inspire me. your physique, of course, but also your positivity, passion and hunger for this lifestyle, dedication, determination, and go-get-it attitude. but i've also long worried abt you. or maybe "worry" is the wrong word. i never pipped up when i was lurking your journal (i really need to go back to reading journals. it's been like a year) b/c i have a history of an ed, don't look as good as you do, so who am i to say anything. but you always maintained this level of leanness that, while inspiring, can't be too healthy to be 356, year after year, and must not make you feel as good as you possibly can (you probably don't even realize that b/c it's been so long). your cals always seemed low to me, and too little fat and carbs and too much protein. and you never let your body rest. i don't remember reading abt a rest or even deload week. but, again, your results speak for themselves, and who was i to say anything. who am i to say anything. but you being here makes me so, so proud. i can imagine you letting someone help you w/ your training, but cannot believe you're giving the reigns to someone else w/ regards to your diet. i think that is fan-freakin'-tastic. must be scary as all hell, but i am so happy to hear you are trying different foods that had been off-limits and you're enjoying them. that you know you picked someone who can help and are letting him take charge. that you're really going for it this time. i am just so proud and amazed and i know this is going to be the best thing that ever happened to you.

am sure you have to be somewhat tight lipped, but what can you tell us? when will you bulk till? a certain time, weight, bf%, something else? are you looking to gain at a certain rate? how often do you measure progress and by what means? are you doing fb or a split? how much above maintenance are you at? again, say only what you and he feel comfortable w/ you sharing.

again, welcome aboard. so happy

NainlyMaicy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Comprar Vimax no Brasil

vimax-brasil org]Vimax By using ingredients that target blood flow, arousal, together with endurance, it is possible to leave any doubts in the door Once you enter that domain you can be in control of your actions Zero of the nonsense from your life will matter now days These ingredients have been used historically to treat impotence and vimaxenfrance com]Vimax virility There is comfort in fully understand the treatment to your condition but has existed for years and is known to work comprarvimaxnobrasil com]Vimax Natural male enhancement is the best male enhancement That is information it is possible to take to the bank (or in this case the bed) penisenlargementworlds com]Penis Enlargement
    [url=http://comprarvimaxnobrasil.com]Vimax[/url] - [url=http://vimax-brasil.org]Vimax[/url] - [url=http://penisenlargementworlds.com]Penis Enlargement[/url]

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    JOAN!!! it's abt time you got your little butt in here. i have a few things to say. first, you know how much you inspire me. your physique, of course, but also your positivity, passion and hunger for this lifestyle, dedication, determination, and go-get-it attitude. but i've also long worried abt you. or maybe "worry" is the wrong word. i never pipped up when i was lurking your journal (i really need to go back to reading journals. it's been like a year) b/c i have a history of an ed, don't look as good as you do, so who am i to say anything. but you always maintained this level of leanness that, while inspiring, can't be too healthy to be 356, year after year, and must not make you feel as good as you possibly can (you probably don't even realize that b/c it's been so long). your cals always seemed low to me, and too little fat and carbs and too much protein. and you never let your body rest. i don't remember reading abt a rest or even deload week. but, again, your results speak for themselves, and who was i to say anything. who am i to say anything. but you being here makes me so, so proud. i can imagine you letting someone help you w/ your training, but cannot believe you're giving the reigns to someone else w/ regards to your diet. i think that is fan-freakin'-tastic. must be scary as all hell, but i am so happy to hear you are trying different foods that had been off-limits and you're enjoying them. that you know you picked someone who can help and are letting him take charge. that you're really going for it this time. i am just so proud and amazed and i know this is going to be the best thing that ever happened to you.

am sure you have to be somewhat tight lipped, but what can you tell us? when will you bulk till? a certain time, weight, bf%, something else? are you looking to gain at a certain rate? how often do you measure progress and by what means? are you doing fb or a split? how much above maintenance are you at? again, say only what you and he feel comfortable w/ you sharing.

again, welcome aboard. so happy
    LOL Randi you are such a sweetie!
    Thank you for the compliments...Iam thrilled ☺ and very appreciative!
    Passion of Bodybuilding Is Me!

You nailed everything you said about me and feelings and such.

To answer your questions:

I am going to lean bulk for a year.
    I don't have any particular BF% for a goal, nor do I have a certian weight goal either....I want to be able to compete in Triple Digets and be ripped to shreds. ☺
    I meausre progress with the scale and progress photos......I do this weekly and send them to Ruben. He judges/looks at my prgress then adjusts my meals/training accordingly.
    Right now my training is splits...Ruben has changed my training 3 times so far. ☺ I love it! He knows what i need to work on and he does a great job.
    My mainteance since my comp is 600 over. I am at 1800-ish at the moment.

Like I said I am on a Lean Mass Diet....Ruben has me on a personal meal plan structured Just For Me....No 'Cookie-Cutter' diet.
    Ruben works with many clients ..that range from obese, to skinny-fat, to bodybuilders, contest prep...and so on.
    Each one has their own diet.

I am excited to be with Ruben...Excited to Build!!
    I am not afraid of food anymore....I trust his work, and believe that with My Hard Dedicated Work...with my Passion and Desire ....I WILL reach my goal.
    I will not give up, I will push myself!
    I will give 110%
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Joan, I'm really glad you've joined us - I know you will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to all of us here - looking forward to learning from you!

Good lord, I am a bottomless pit, I swear! LOL I upped to over 2100 yesterday and today - am at 2173 right now and I seriously feel like I could eat more. I'm not going to bc I want to see what happens at this level which is about 300 more than where I was a couple weeks ago. How on earth was I surviving? LOL I've definitely felt stronger in the gym and hope I'll start seeing steady gains. If not, I'll add more.

And this is really embarrassing but I've got to ask. Do any of you have gas issues? I'm thinking it's the protein powder but it seems to get worse at nighttime. I've been taking digestive enzymes but I'm not sure if they are helping at all.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Page 159 of 330 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast