Closed Thread
Page 157 of 333 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,710 of 9967
    robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    I got a powerline ppr rack, a bodysolid bench, a 300lb Olympic set and a weight tree for 300bucks. Family membership (necessary because they provide childcare) at the local Y is 830 bucks. I want to add a few things downstairs, but with careful craigslist searching, it still won't come out to a full year at the Y.

jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jones137 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Finished first cycle up today......definitely liking it. Quick question, I've been doing the same number of warmup reps as working set reps on the three exercises that require warm up sets..,,, is this correct? Seems kind of crazy that I did 12 sets of 12 squats, bench and rows this week.
    Stats:

1RM
    Bench Press = 255
    Squat = 295
    Deadlift = 405

★ ☆ ★ MFP Aesthetics Crew ☆ ★ ☆

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jones137 View Post
    Finished first cycle up today......definitely liking it. Quick question, I've been doing the same number of warmup reps as working set reps on the three exercises that require warm up sets..,,, is this correct? Seems kind of crazy that I did 12 sets of 12 squats, bench and rows this week.
    Yup... You're doing it right. That last week really makes you appreciate those 8 rep weeks!
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by robosphere View Post
    I got a powerline ppr rack, a bodysolid bench, a 300lb Olympic set and a weight tree for 300bucks. Family membership (necessary because they provide childcare) at the local Y is 830 bucks. I want to add a few things downstairs, but with careful craigslist searching, it still won't come out to a full year at the Y.
    Good job on saving some $$$. I work out at home and got most of my stuff off Craigslist. Old iron is just as good as new, just not as shiny.
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by makeitright View Post
    That's a good idea. I'm only doing warmups for the first three right now. Only problem is, on my light days I'm doing overhead press with dumbbells since I can't get that low of a weight on a bar. I could try it with one of the fixed 25 or 35 barbells though. I've read similar tips throughout this thread about "throwing your ass back" "focus on bending at the hips" etc. But I just can't seem to get my body to cooperate with my mind! I'll keep practicing though, I'm sure it'll come eventually.

Another question regarding overhead press: has anyone heard of doing it with an EZ curl bar? Or would that not be effective? I was thinking of trying it today instead of dumbbells but was worried I would probably get some strange looks pressing an empty curl bar haha. Thought I'd ask here first.

Anyway, week 2 complete as of this morning!
    I'm guessing no to the bold? Just don't want to feel like a complete fool if I did it.

Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Skinny, make sure when you're doing the SLDL your back stays straight. You want to push your ass out behind you. Focus more on pushing your hips back to lower the weight than trying to touch your toes.

Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scrubbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm guessing no to the bold? Just don't want to feel like a complete fool if I did it.
    There is nothing wrong with using the EZ curl bar. If it's the weight that you need, it's what you need. Don't concern yourself with the looks you get from others. The gains are for you, not for the onlookers.

ultra1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Almost done with cycle 4 but i've got a question, I notice the 8/9 rep weeks are too easy I could carry quite some more weight but at 11/12 rep weeks i'ts getting quite hard, my muscles are so tired than at the last reps that some exercises are almost not doable. Is this normal or is my endurance just sad and should I train this or something?

For example squats and calf raises I think I could handle with 15-20kg more same reps but than i'm broke in energy so i'm wondering if it's normal or if my endurance is sad?

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Scrubbo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with using the EZ curl bar. If it's the weight that you need, it's what you need. Don't concern yourself with the looks you get from others. The gains are for you, not for the onlookers.
    I just wasn't sure if it was "frowned" upon or something. I did a youtube and google search for "overhead press ez curl" and couldn't find anyone talking about or doing them with the ez curl. I figured it was soley for bicep curls and the like and wouldn't be as effective as using dumbbells or the straight bar.

I just wasn't sure if it was "frowned" upon or something. I did a youtube and google search for "overhead press ez curl" and couldn't find anyone talking about or doing them with the ez curl. I figured it was soley for bicep curls and the like and wouldn't be as effective as using dumbbells or the straight bar.
    When I started this program I used the EZcurl, because the 45lb bar was too heavy.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    To men who have completed 3+ cycles on a BULK - when did your bench press start to stall? If it has stalled yet? My bench is supposed to go up by 40 lbs on fifth cycle if I don't stall which is amazing. On 6th cycle I'm supposed to bench my current 1RM 8 times, even a little bit more than current 1RM.
    fuark

1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 1fatoldman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ultra1993 View Post
    Almost done with cycle 4 but i've got a question, I notice the 8/9 rep weeks are too easy I could carry quite some more weight but at 11/12 rep weeks i'ts getting quite hard, my muscles are so tired than at the last reps that some exercises are almost not doable. Is this normal or is my endurance just sad and should I train this or something?

For example squats and calf raises I think I could handle with 15-20kg more same reps but than i'm broke in energy so i'm wondering if it's normal or if my endurance is sad?
    It’s exactly the way the program is supposed to work. In the first week of the cycle, you are increasing the weight, but the "TOTAL" amount lifted is substantially reduced. As the weeks go by, not only is your ability to lift the weight tested, your endurance is also tested.

Just for example and using My Heavy Day
    I just finished Cycle #4, on the last week of the cycle I had to lift the weight 12 times for 2 sets (24 total reps)
    Squat 160 X 2 sets = 24 reps = 3840 total lbs. lifted
    Bench 135 x 24 = 3240
    BO row 145 x 24 = 3480
    OH press 65 x 24 = 1560
    SL DL 145 x 24 = 3480
    Curls 65 x 24 = 1560
    C R 160 x 24 = 3480
    TOTAL WEIGHT LIFTED 21,000 lbs.

I passed everything and raised the weight 10%
    Starting Cycle #5 for the 1st week, the NEW Heavier Weight lifted will only be 8 times for 2 sets (16 total reps)
    Squat 175 x 16 = 2800
    Bench 145 x 16 = 2320
    BO row 155 x 16 =2480
    OH press 70 x 16 =1120
    SL DL 155 x 16 = 2480
    Curls 70 x 16 = 1120
    C R 175 x 16 = 2800
    TOTAL WEIGHT LIFTED 15,120 lbs. A heavier weight was lifted, but the total lifted was WAY less!

Just for perspective, if I pass everything for Cycle #5? On my last heavy day
    The TOTAL WEIGHT LIFTED will be 22,680 lbs.

So, the answer is, on week 4 and 5 you should be dragging you’re a**
    Soon to be X-Fatoldman :)

If you always do what you've always done
    You'll Always get what you always got

My Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150344193

7-9-12 295 lbs
    9-19-14 218 lbs

robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000) robosphere is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ultra1993 View Post
    You ARE training this!

ultra1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok thanks for the explaining both of you.
    Was just wondering if it's normal the first weeks are easy
    Well after i've done cycle 5 I think i'm doing another routine wanna try something else and getting to know how making my own routines.

Originally Posted by Scrubbo View Post
    When I started this program I used the EZcurl, because the 45lb bar was too heavy.
    I gotcha. Yea, my light day requires a pretty light weight so it's either the empty EZ Curl or dumbbels. I'll probably give a try on my next light day. How do you go about holding it? Just grip it really wide?

SkinnyAsRake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyAsRake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pretty sore from my 10 rep test day , I think I mightve pulled a muscle in my lower back and my chest muscles are so sore I can barely move. Hopefully its not serious .

I havent lifted weights before is this normal to be in extreme pain all over or should I seek medical attention ?

shayanmds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Guys ...

I wanna start the Gym from tomorrow and I am 27 , 6' 3" height and 162 lbs weight ... I wanna gain weight and need it to be more fit , I am thin and I don`t like my body so I need the schedule and workout program ... what should I do ? can anyone help me and be a trainer of me here ? do I need any supplement such as serious mass ? Thanks

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyAsRake View Post
    Pretty sore from my 10 rep test day , I think I mightve pulled a muscle in my lower back and my chest muscles are so sore I can barely move. Hopefully its not serious .

I havent lifted weights before is this normal to be in extreme pain all over or should I seek medical attention ?
    If that was your first time lifting weights, you will be sore for 2-3 days. Google search ''Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness'', it is normal to have tender/stiff muscles. If you think you have an injury, it would be advisable to see your Doctor before you lift again.

EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EddieFromEurope is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    C2W2 heavy day done. Easy.
    fuark

Originally Posted by shayanmds View Post
    Hi Guys ...

I wanna start the Gym from tomorrow and I am 27 , 6' 3" height and 162 lbs weight ... I wanna gain weight and need it to be more fit , I am thin and I don`t like my body so I need the schedule and workout program ... what should I do ? can anyone help me and be a trainer of me here ? do I need any supplement such as serious mass ? Thanks
    We, for better or for worse, are pretty much our own trainers here. There are a few beginner programs you can find here in the forums like this one, Starting Strength, etc. Pick one, do a search of the forum, ask questions if you can't find the answers to your specific questions.

This routine, the AllPro Simple Beginners Routine, is detailed and described on the first page of this thread, if you're interested.

As far as gainers like Serious Mass, don't waste your money. Eat more food! Check the stickies in the nutrition section for more info, but eating at a surplus is what you want to do. If you're bent on a Mass Gainer-type thing, search the forums for "DIY Mass Gainer" or "homemade mass gainer, and save yourself the $

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by 1fatoldman View Post
    So, the answer is, on week 4 and 5 you should be dragging you’re a**
    This
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

shayanmds has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    We, for better or for worse, are pretty much our own trainers here. There are a few beginner programs you can find here in the forums like this one, Starting Strength, etc. Pick one, do a search of the forum, ask questions if you can't find the answers to your specific questions.

This routine, the AllPro Simple Beginners Routine, is detailed and described on the first page of this thread, if you're interested.

As far as gainers like Serious Mass, don't waste your money. Eat more food! Check the stickies in the nutrition section for more info, but eating at a surplus is what you want to do. If you're bent on a Mass Gainer-type thing, search the forums for "DIY Mass Gainer" or "homemade mass gainer, and save yourself the $

Thanks for your info ... I am going to find a plan by Steve Cook , he has 12 weeks training and I try to follow his schedule ...can you send me the link of DIY mass gainer or Homemade mass gainer here ...

SkinnyAsRake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SkinnyAsRake has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Did first work out , pain seemed to be gone . Was pretty easy workout which is normal I guess ?

I was wondering tho after looking at this routine why do I only add weight every 5 weeks not every workout like most other routines ?

I thought if you lift the same weight over and over you got weaker not stronger .

ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ottawatim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Did you notice that although you are not adding weight, you are adding 1 rep every week? I more rep with the same weight. Yes the first workout is pretty easy. The first two weeks will be pretty easy.

nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) nevergain is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SkinnyAsRake View Post
    Did first work out , pain seemed to be gone . Was pretty easy workout which is normal I guess ?

I was wondering tho after looking at this routine why do I only add weight every 5 weeks not every workout like most other routines ?

I thought if you lift the same weight over and over you got weaker not stronger .
    With some programs you add weight each workout and keep the same reps, with this one you add an extra rep each week instead of weight. They both work. By adding a rep each week, you are not doing the same thing over and over.

Originally Posted by shayanmds View Post
    Thanks for your info ... I am going to find a plan by Steve Cook , he has 12 weeks training and I try to follow his schedule ...can you send me the link of DIY mass gainer or Homemade mass gainer here ...
    Sent you a pm with one thread, so as to keep this thread on subject. If you find the Steve Cook not to your liking, come give this one a shot. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by ottawatim View Post
    Did you notice that although you are not adding weight, you are adding 1 rep every week? I more rep with the same weight. Yes the first workout is pretty easy. The first two weeks will be pretty easy.
    1 more rep gives more endurance but the weight remains the same thus you should get weaker .

Oh wait thats why he has deloads during week so that you are consistantly adding weight to bar each week to keep the system adapting .

something like this I guess ?

Workout 1 Workout 2 workout 3 workout 4
    100 pounds -10 = 90 pounds -20 = 80 pounds +20 pounds ( weight has been added to the bar ) + 1 rep for endurance .

Quite a cleaver way to keep the system continously having to adapt .

With some programs you add weight each workout and keep the same reps, with this one you add an extra rep each week instead of weight. They both work. By adding a rep each week, you are not doing the same thing over and over.

I lift 20kg cartons at work . Why do I not continuously get stronger to the point where the cartons feel like paper weights ? If I lift the carton 5 times or 10 times it still feels the same weight .

So my muscles must be getting stronger then weaker then stronger then weaker in a vicious cycle . One day the cartons will feel slightly heavier in and the next slightly lighter .
    Last edited by SkinnyAsRake; 12-30-2012 at 05:37 PM.

FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000) FattyMcTubbs is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Setting stuff up in my basement as opposed to getting a gym membership was certainly more convenient/cost effective in my situation as well.
    CL has been a life saver, in a way.
    *EDM KREW*
    *Positive Krew*
    *Minotaur kREw*
    *President of Mr.Cooper's Fan Klub krEW*

zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zerkai has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by alacriTEA View Post
    Yup... You're doing it right. That last week really makes you appreciate those 8 rep weeks!
    I've done this program for at least 8 cycles now (I lost track) and I actually began hating doing more than 10 reps, let alone 8 lol. Anyways, despite my lack of activity in this thread I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone the best in this program. This will provide you with slow and steady progression, just be patient. I took the program and milked it, I'm just a little over 2x my body weight in squats and 1.5x in bench (for my max). I've gone through a lot of trouble with the program during my earlier cycles, even blaming it for 'not working' -- clearly I was wrong.

The program works! After the 3rd cycle, I knew **** was getting real and that's when I began counting calories and hitting macros. It's pretty much the end of the year and I'll be starting up 5-3-1; loving the progression and versatility in that one!
    Current program: All_Pro's Simple Beginner Routine (Cycle 6 Week 1 as of 10-02-12)

friend of mine started this program at 22% body fat and now is 18% and is the same weight , he using a low carb / high protien with 2 high carb days every 4th low carb .

goes to show you can lose weight and gain muscle .

Closed Thread
Page 157 of 333 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 207 257 ... LastLast