Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by letsallmakeit View Post
    have you checked your thyroid? especially t3- free t3, t4- free tf4 and tsh?

i saw you limited volume and went low reps. why?
    my thyroid is fine

Im training lower volume Because I’m trying to weight restore and it burns less calories
    Last edited by AdamWW; 04-07-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Today was my first day back in the gym since Monday. I decided to quit drinking 'normal' coffee because I wanted to see how my reflux reacts... and honestly, i never thought I'd feel so shytty. Honestly felt like I had the flu for about 4-5 days...

I'm actually able to sleep better now, but it's still not 100% back to normal energy wise.

Going forward, I'm definitely going to be LOW on the coffee intake so I don't acclimate like I did... I felt like death.

Workout today was fine tho, I spent the week doing no cardio, just normal activity and purposefully over-eating to kickstart more weight gain. Resting better, feeling stronger.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Well shucks it's been a while.

On a new routine.. just a modified F5 Intermediate Upper/Lower, changing from my previous push/pull.

Weight is still coming on slowly... getting stronger, sleeping better... all's good.

Hope to post more sessions and food soon, life's been busy

Update: weight is higher than it has been in about 9 months, my OHP and weighted pull ups PR'd today for the first time in about 5 months... everything is going great.

The weight is now coming on faster, but between the improved sleep, general focus and energy improvements, and the strength, I welcome it. Feels good to finally train with a purpose.

letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) letsallmakeit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey adam. just passing by to see how you been?

Originally Posted by letsallmakeit View Post
    hey adam. just passing by to see how you been?
    hey there dude! I'm great man... works going well... been sleeping a lot more but, i was probably way underslept for a while.

My stomach is still kind of annoying because it's getting used to me eating a lot more, but on average I'm waaaaaay better.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Enjoyed reading through this Adam.

Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Enjoyed reading through this Adam.
    Thanks for the support man

Sup Ya'll?

OK, not much proactive posting by me... I've been really just relaxing, lifting 4 days a week, enjoying life... it's been going really well.

I actually haven't been weighing myself or tracking any food this month at all, and my sleep, mood, and focus has improved hugely. I have a general idea of how much i'm eating, but I don't write it down or guess per meal. All I do is aim for 30+ grams of protein in each meal, and make sure each meal has some fats in it, usually from avocado or nuts/nut butter of some kind... or eggs. Beyond that, I look at my food and based the volume on hunger... etc.

Training wise, i'm still getting stronger... and i'm actually starting to LIKE training again. For a while, I would get anxious before going into the gym because I felt an impending doom about the disappointment I would feel for not hitting a lift. Now... zero worries about it. Not just because I feel so much stronger that I know i'll hit my goal, but I just don't stress over the possibility I might miss it. If I do, oh well... still got in some activity.

I'm certainly holding more water and fat, and it's continuing to increase... but it feels good. My joints don't hurt as much as they used to, I'm not waking up during the night, and my libido is creeping back as well.

Overall, just feeling very optimistic about the future.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Sup Ya'll?

OK, not much proactive posting by me... I've been really just relaxing, lifting 4 days a week, enjoying life... it's been going really well.

I actually haven't been weighing myself or tracking any food this month at all, and my sleep, mood, and focus has improved hugely. I have a general idea of how much i'm eating, but I don't write it down or guess per meal. All I do is aim for 30+ grams of protein in each meal, and make sure each meal has some fats in it, usually from avocado or nuts/nut butter of some kind... or eggs. Beyond that, I look at my food and based the volume on hunger... etc.

Training wise, i'm still getting stronger... and i'm actually starting to LIKE training again. For a while, I would get anxious before going into the gym because I felt an impending doom about the disappointment I would feel for not hitting a lift. Now... zero worries about it. Not just because I feel so much stronger that I know i'll hit my goal, but I just don't stress over the possibility I might miss it. If I do, oh well... still got in some activity.

I'm certainly holding more water and fat, and it's continuing to increase... but it feels good. My joints don't hurt as much as they used to, I'm not waking up during the night, and my libido is creeping back as well.

Overall, just feeling very optimistic about the future.
    Glad to hear you're doing so well Adam.

Quick question, what do you think was causing you to wake up so much in the middle of the night? Stress?

I ask because I'm having the same problem now. I'm out like a light when my head hits the pillow but I'll wake up 3 times at a MINIMUM. Not really stressed about it as I feel fine throughout the day. Not really stressed about much at all lately so I wouldn't think that's the cause. Just curious.

Glad to hear you're doing so well Adam.

Quick question, what do you think was causing you to wake up so much in the middle of the night? Stress?

I ask because I'm having the same problem now. I'm out like a light when my head hits the pillow but I'll wake up 3 times at a MINIMUM. Not really stressed about it as I feel fine throughout the day. Not really stressed about much at all lately so I wouldn't think that's the cause. Just curious.
    I think it was a combination of chronically elevated cortisol and also more frequent urination.

For some reason, prior to upping my calorie intake again, etc, I felt way more stressed and just not tired than I am now. I still need to avoid too much solid food within 2 hours of laying down due to my reflux, but I can have a large meal 2.5 hours before hitting bed and now be OK. If I wake up to piss, I basically fall right back asleep, and when I finally wake up in the morning I don't feel all sore and groggy.

But yeah it's hard to say... sometimes I think maybe there are just noises or something that wake me, but I think general stress, etc, plays a big part.

Also, just hit a PR on OHP today... SO damn excited about that. OHP and bench are my worst lifts.

I think it was a combination of chronically elevated cortisol and also more frequent urination.

For some reason, prior to upping my calorie intake again, etc, I felt way more stressed and just not tired than I am now. I still need to avoid too much solid food within 2 hours of laying down due to my reflux, but I can have a large meal 2.5 hours before hitting bed and now be OK. If I wake up to piss, I basically fall right back asleep, and when I finally wake up in the morning I don't feel all sore and groggy.

But yeah it's hard to say... sometimes I think maybe there are just noises or something that wake me, but I think general stress, etc, plays a big part.

Also, just hit a PR on OHP today... SO damn excited about that. OHP and bench are my worst lifts.
    Gotcha. I think mine is a urination problem. I’ll stop drinking fluids 2 hours prior to bed and still piss 3 times. Don’t know if it’s blood sugar or something else. Appreciate it.

Congrats on the PR!

Gotcha. I think mine is a urination problem. I’ll stop drinking fluids 2 hours prior to bed and still piss 3 times. Don’t know if it’s blood sugar or something else. Appreciate it.

Congrats on the PR!
    My blood sugar is always very healthy, usually 70 when fasted and maybe 100-110 taken randomly (fed)

I am now only 1lb from being in the 'healthy' BMI range.

This means nothing to be in terms of health, of course, but it's awesome to be this close to Milestone #1

Still about 55lb to go before I reach my goal, so it's a ways off, but progress is progress.

I'm also having much better functioning hunger now. When I get hungry, it does feel as 'urgent' as it did 3 months ago... it comes on slowly as opposed to hitting me like a ton of bricks.

Yo Yo Yo!

random update: still bulking up, slowly adding weight to both the bar and the scale every week.

Yesterday, hit a 5lb WoW increase on bench and rows
    Today, hit a 5lb WoW increase on squats....

Sleep is getting MUCH better

Libido continues to improve

Life in general feels on the up.

Abs? Meh... oh well... it's ice cream season

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yo Yo Yo!

random update: still bulking up, slowly adding weight to both the bar and the scale every week.

Yesterday, hit a 5lb WoW increase on bench and rows
    Today, hit a 5lb WoW increase on squats....

Sleep is getting MUCH better

Libido continues to improve

Life in general feels on the up.

Abs? Meh... oh well... it's ice cream season
    Great to read this my friend

All positive !

Abs are overrated I always say especially when I'm online for Ice Cream, etc

Libido, umm what's that
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    Great to read this my friend

All positive !

Abs are overrated I always say especially when I'm online for Ice Cream, etc

Libido, umm what's that
    Hahah! No doubt... frankly, i mean abs are fine and all, I get the appeal obviously, but when it comes to actually looking better, stronger, bigger, abs matter the least of everything... they only come out to play when the shirt's off anyway. So yeah... for now... bulking it is =o)

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    Yeah and let's be honest, women want to play with something else when the clothes come off.
    I always bring my sega genesis

Originally Posted by SOJA View Post
    That's a weird way of stating you're not circumcised.
    Sounds like you need a dose of mario kart up in your joystick.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hahah! No doubt... frankly, i mean abs are fine and all, I get the appeal obviously, but when it comes to actually looking better, stronger, bigger, abs matter the least of everything... they only come out to play when the shirt's off anyway. So yeah... for now... bulking it is =o)
    I have frustration with younger clients that I train that won't eat cause they will lose ab definition....yet they are upset they are not putting on mass and getting bigger

So I tell one....You can't have your cake and eat it...so he goes on about how he doesn't eat cake

Oh Lord.
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    I have frustration with younger clients that I train that won't eat cause they will lose ab definition....yet they are upset they are not putting on mass and getting bigger

So I tell one....You can't have your cake and eat it...so he goes on about how he doesn't eat cake

Oh Lord.
    It's the state of our culture sadly... people don't want to sacrifice precious lines for size... lack of patience in today's youth

Still weak as hell, but today I hit all my planned increases =o)

OHP

4 sets of 5 at 80lb

Weighted Pullup

4 sets of 6 at +20lbs

Inclined Bench Press

100x8
    100x7
    100x7

Seated Cable Row

115x8
    115x8
    115x8

DB Curls

3 Sets of 10, 25lb

Skullcrushers

3 sets of 10, 60lb

Lateral Raises

3 sets of 10, 20lb

JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So glad i found your page, ive battled an ED in the past as well and only in the past year or two have I gotten to a "healthier" weight, still skinny but I dont demonize food like i used to. Ill be checking in on your continued progress!
    Cowboys
    Rockets
    Central Texas

Originally Posted by JC20010 View Post
    So glad i found your page, ive battled an ED in the past as well and only in the past year or two have I gotten to a "healthier" weight, still skinny but I dont demonize food like i used to. Ill be checking in on your continued progress!
    Thanks for checking in dude. Yeah, my ED has been with me for 15+ years, and i've only had 2 period where I was in 'remission' and gained weight to a reasonable level, got strong, and felt truly healthy.

Now, i'm in this for long haul... i'm gaining pretty quickly, but I'm glad i am, as it's allowing me to progress more and totally smother the stupid mental hangups I developed.

JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JC20010 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for checking in dude. Yeah, my ED has been with me for 15+ years, and i've only had 2 period where I was in 'remission' and gained weight to a reasonable level, got strong, and felt truly healthy.

Now, i'm in this for long haul... i'm gaining pretty quickly, but I'm glad i am, as it's allowing me to progress more and totally smother the stupid mental hangups I developed.
    For sure man, it can be brutal but i'm really happy you are in recovery. I'm still working on gaining weight and trying to get stronger too. My mental hangups have been there for around 8 years. At 21 I went from 285 pounds down to an eventual 139 and now I hover around 170 I think(don't weigh myself unless its for the random docs office visit). Anyways, keep at it man and get back to that 2012 size!
    Cowboys
    Rockets
    Central Texas

For sure man, it can be brutal but i'm really happy you are in recovery. I'm still working on gaining weight and trying to get stronger too. My mental hangups have been there for around 8 years. At 21 I went from 285 pounds down to an eventual 139 and now I hover around 170 I think(don't weigh myself unless its for the random docs office visit). Anyways, keep at it man and get back to that 2012 size!
    Very similar in how I dropped weight initially and am not trying to gain back. Glad you're healthier

Today I squatted more weight than I have in 3 years

I know, it's still pathetic, but the speed of progression is awesome right now. I'm adding about 10lb every week or so.

Squats

165x5
    165x5
    160x5
    160x5

Leg Press

250x8
    250x8
    250x8

Weighted Hyperextensions

+45lb x 12
    +45lb x 12
    +45lb x 12

Seated Ham Curl

100x10
    100x10
    100x10

Seated Calf Raise

80x15
    80x14
    80x14

Abs

3 sets of 15

Congrats on increasing the squat weight man, that’s pretty awesome and hopefully you continue to see some good progress👌. What do you normally do for abs? I’m just curious, I’ve been doing rollouts and cable crunches lately. I’ve been on a real Bruce Lee kick lately so I’m hoping to work my way up to doing dragon flags lol.
    Cowboys
    Rockets
    Central Texas

Congrats on increasing the squat weight man, that’s pretty awesome and hopefully you continue to see some good progress👌. What do you normally do for abs? I’m just curious, I’ve been doing rollouts and cable crunches lately. I’ve been on a real Bruce Lee kick lately so I’m hoping to work my way up to doing dragon flags lol.
    I always do standing cable crunches, but I do them on the cable fly station.

I basically stand facing the machine, grip the handles at the tallest setting, and crunch down and hold briefly. I find it's the easiest on my lower back and I get great activation

Today I squatted more weight than I have in 3 years

I know, it's still pathetic, but the speed of progression is awesome right now. I'm adding about 10lb every week or so.

Squats

165x5
    165x5
    160x5
    160x5

Leg Press

250x8
    250x8
    250x8

Weighted Hyperextensions

+45lb x 12
    +45lb x 12
    +45lb x 12

Seated Ham Curl

100x10
    100x10
    100x10

Seated Calf Raise

80x15
    80x14
    80x14

Abs

3 sets of 15
    Lesgoooooo!

Congrats pal. Any kind of progress is progress my man!
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama