Page 147 of 330 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,410 of 9897
    -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by toodlepip View Post
    -H-: welcome! this whole thread is worth reading...and re-reading...especially when you get a little freaked about eating. Some wicked examples of women who have stuck the course and got great results - inspiring stuff.
    Thank you!! I will read more, tomorrow when I have time I will start at the beginning. I can tell already how much it has benefited many of you! My current plan is 2300 cals on lifting days and 2000cals off days- will see how it goes!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    -H-: welcome!
    Yes, welcome to the dark side! Good to see you over here. I think you'll find that there isn't a woman here who actually stuck it thru and did a real bulk (i.e. didn't quit the first time they felt a lil chunky) who regrets it, whether in terms of body recomposition or fixing their metabolism. So trust the process
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

-H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250) -H- has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Yes, welcome to the dark side! Good to see you over here. I think you'll find that there isn't a woman here who actually stuck it thru and did a real bulk (i.e. didn't quit the first time they felt a lil chunky) who regrets it, whether in terms of body recomposition or fixing their metabolism. So trust the process
    Thanks!!
    I am going for it. Thank you- 'trust the process' is one of my all time favorite sayings, I frequently remind myself about doing that. Not sure how long I will go. April? May? I don't want to go through the summer. Well, maybe I will once I start and see some results-lol! Excited!
    "You pass on more to your children and your grandchildren than your eye color, your hair color, your crooked smile. You also pass on your enthusiasm, your spirit, your desire to compete. You provide the living example that they can become more than they ever thought they could. Because you did.”
    -- Nike

JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JennLifts is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm trying to trust it right now! A week in, pants snug, feel like a whale, trusting trusting!
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139497073

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone, first post and first proper bulk I've been training for a few months but have only recently started eating enough to start seeing decent gains. I'm 5ft1 and started gaining weight about 2 years ago and went from about 37kg to roughly 45kg. Then i started weight training and gained a few more kg but now my weight has been hovering for the past month or two so i've had to increase my calories. Currently at 48kg and eating between 2300-2500 calories a day and training 4-5 times a week. I have started gaining roughly 1lb a week. Trying not to worry too much about fat gain because this is the reason why my weight has been fluctuating so much. Looking forward to reading back on all of these comments and hopefully will pick up some good advice from members on here.

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JennLifts View Post
    I'm trying to trust it right now! A week in, pants snug, feel like a whale, trusting trusting!
    This is where we invoke the Bulkers' Dress Code: yoga pants! sweats! a nice loose dress if you're forced to wear non-gym clothes

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I am considering doing the OBF challenge - just a thought at this point, haven't made a decision yet. Thinking maybe leaning out from Feb to May, then maintain for the summer and start another bulk in the fall......what to do..what to do? Anyone else considering OBF?

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    I am considering doing the OBF challenge - just a thought at this point, haven't made a decision yet. Thinking maybe leaning out from Feb to May, then maintain for the summer and start another bulk in the fall......what to do..what to do? Anyone else considering OBF?
    What weight are you at now? Any recent picts?

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am so clueless. What's the OBF challenge?

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm curious to whether you all think there is a difference between being in a calorie surplus by the end of the week or if it more important to be in a surplus at the end of every day? I find that sometimes at the end of the day I am only eating around maintenance, but I try to at least be at a surplus by the end of the week.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by agambow View Post
    I'm curious to whether you all think there is a difference between being in a calorie surplus by the end of the week or if it more important to be in a surplus at the end of every day? I find that sometimes at the end of the day I am only eating around maintenance, but I try to at least be at a surplus by the end of the week.
    It depends on when your body needs the cals. After a stellar workout your body needs recovery fuel. That day and into the next. If it doesn't get that fuel until later in the week, well, you missed it. So waiting until say the weekend to pig out isn't the way to go.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    What weight are you at now? Any recent picts?
    131 as of last Friday - so the holiday lbs stuck around No pics, I am not one to take pics .....unless I am forced into it This is the highest weight I have been at for a very long time...

Originally Posted by thepowerwithin View Post
    I am so clueless. What's the OBF challenge?
    This:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=141393611

Wanna join????

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    It depends on when your body needs the cals. After a stellar workout your body needs recovery fuel. That day and into the next. If it doesn't get that fuel until later in the week, well, you missed it. So waiting until say the weekend to pig out isn't the way to go.
    Have you ever seen any definitive studies around this? I'd love to do some reading. I've always been really curious about when nutrient uptake is most vital - especially in regards to so many programs that cycle cals and have lower ones on rest days.

I've wondered to what degree the body may, or may not, require more on days when it is in a state of recovery and repair and opposed to days of higher energy output. I've wondered if cycling cals (which I have been doing) is detrimental in any way or if it really balances out because the the body is not going for particularly prolonged states without food.

So if you, or anybody, has any info (or can point me in the right direction) in the this regard I'd love to read it and learn more.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

Have you ever seen any definitive studies around this? I'd love to do some reading. I've always been really curious about when nutrient uptake is most vital - especially in regards to so many programs that cycle cals and have lower ones on rest days.

I've wondered to what degree the body may, or may not, require more on days when it is in a state of recovery and repair and opposed to days of higher energy output. I've wondered if cycling cals (which I have been doing) is detrimental in any way or if it really balances out because the the body is not going for particularly prolonged states without food.

So if you, or anybody, has any info (or can point me in the right direction) in the this regard I'd love to read it and learn more.
    No definitive studies, but it's common sense. And if you listen to your body it should be telling you "feed me!" when it needs more food. I think too many, even in a bulk, ignore signs out of that fear of eating too much and putting on too much fat. I wouldn't pointedly cycle cals. What's the point on a bulk. Unless it's instinctive from a "my body is telling me it needs more/less" from a gaining perspective and not a fat inhibiting perspective. In my opinion. you should be in a caloric excess every day on a bulk. Depending on how your rest days are scheduled, you may need to stay pretty high on all rest days. If you have two rest days back to back, then you may only need more on the first rest day to help recover from the previous day's workout, and less on the second rest day. But still in excess of maintenance.

You really have to let go of fat fear, of trying to micromanage daily caloric intake, and pay attention to how you feel, how your workout feels, how you feel the next day, and learn your body's signals. You should need more before and after a leg day than say on shoulder or arm day. Occasionally on even a second rest day your body may tell you it needs more. And even if it doesn't it needs to be primed for the following day's workout.

It sounded like the OP was saving bulking cals to have weekend type fun. Hoarding cals that way doesn't make sense.

311somatic113 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Okay, so I found this thread a month or so ago and have been reading it every day! It inspired me to bulk. I used to be way into bodybuilding type stuff and put on some somewhat decent muscle (compared to the skinny fat physique i always had prior), lost the fluff and looked great for a couple months, then got a divorce (married really young, ugh) and lost the roll I had going, gained fluff back, stopped weight training. Then i got way into the whole 'raw foods' thing and was a strict raw vegan with only occasional cooked foods like plain steamed potatos, pumpkin, greens, beans, rice etc), eating like 3-4,000 cals a day, tons of fruit, very very low protein and fat. I also did a lot of water fasts and I lost tons of muscle. I was very skinny fat. Looking back I only realize now how incredibly disordered my eating was and that this was not sustainable nor healthy for me long term. ( i did feel great at first, lost all my acne, felt really energetic, etc. thats why i kept clinging to that way of eating for a while. plus, a lot of people where i live are into this way of eating, its almost kind of a social thing which is weird).
    Just last august I began eating meat again and eating "normally"- started lifting whenever I had access to a gym (been living in hawaii, traveling to different islands backpacking and stuff recently).
    Just recently since being inspired by this thread I'm focusing on bulking, not tracking every day but when I do I'm eating around 2400 cals give or take. I'm feeling a lot better physically, more even energy levels, I feel strong, I'm lifting heavy as I can. It's been great and i'm really excited to finally have an ass again!! I've stopped all cardio for the meantime, except for a walk every now and then, and just focusing on lifting.

So thank you all for the inspiration, you are all great!!!

agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10) agambow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No definitive studies, but it's common sense. And if you listen to your body it should be telling you "feed me!" when it needs more food. I think too many, even in a bulk, ignore signs out of that fear of eating too much and putting on too much fat. I wouldn't pointedly cycle cals. What's the point on a bulk. Unless it's instinctive from a "my body is telling me it needs more/less" from a gaining perspective and not a fat inhibiting perspective. In my opinion. you should be in a caloric excess every day on a bulk. Depending on how your rest days are scheduled, you may need to stay pretty high on all rest days. If you have two rest days back to back, then you may only need more on the first rest day to help recover from the previous day's workout, and less on the second rest day. But still in excess of maintenance.

You really have to let go of fat fear, of trying to micromanage daily caloric intake, and pay attention to how you feel, how your workout feels, how you feel the next day, and learn your body's signals. You should need more before and after a leg day than say on shoulder or arm day. Occasionally on even a second rest day your body may tell you it needs more. And even if it doesn't it needs to be primed for the following day's workout.

It sounded like the OP was saving bulking cals to have weekend type fun. Hoarding cals that way doesn't make sense.
    Actually, I'm not saving calories for weekend fun (my weekends aren't all that fun anyway lol), its just some days I don't feel as hungry and/or I'm really busy on a given day. I haven't been bulking for long so I think my body is still trying to get used to all these calories I am putting in it.

What's the OBF challenge?
    Whoa! Look at the pretty new avi! That's it, I'm putting my face back up. I'm totally sick of looking at myself in my bra anyways.

Originally Posted by agambow View Post
    Actually, I'm not saving calories for weekend fun (my weekends aren't all that fun anyway lol), its just some days I don't feel as hungry and/or I'm really busy on a given day. I haven't been bulking for long so I think my body is still trying to get used to all these calories I am putting in it.
    I think that's okay. I *say* I'm cutting at 1500, but some days are more like 1650 and some days are more like 1350. I go by the average at the end of the week. I did the same when I was bulking. When I was bulking at 2200, if there was a day I ended up only eating 1800, I made sure I had some higher days that week. Worked out fine for me.

Whoa! Look at the pretty new avi! That's it, I'm putting my face back up. I'm totally sick of looking at myself in my bra anyways.

I think that's okay. I *say* I'm cutting at 1500, but some days are more like 1650 and some days are more like 1350. I go by the average at the end of the week. I did the same when I was bulking. When I was bulking at 2200, if there was a day I ended up only eating 1800, I made sure I had some higher days that week. Worked out fine for me.
    Thanks for sharing! Good luck with your cut.

Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Walks90 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I agree with this post. I tend to keep the same amount of calories each day because i find specifically that my diet the day before training a big part (e.g legs) has an affect on my workout. Also, even though i'm eating what seems to be a lot at the minute, it's taken that amount to see any significant gains. If i keep my calories roughly the same each day it will make it much easier to then take away/add calories if my weight gain is too much/little.

thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you! Got tired of being incognito .

Speaking of avis......ms_mac. Holy muscles batman!

Thank you! Got tired of being incognito .

That is not recent....was taken in Oct 2010, about 3 weeks out from comp. But it is one of my fav pics. I really should take some updated ones though....if I do the OBF I will have to.

toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000) toodlepip is just really nice. (+1000)
    TPW – love the avi! You’re gorgeous!

Originally Posted by JennLifts View Post
    I’m trying to trust it too…I’ve only been bulking just over a month and my weight is up 6lbs!! I went from 126 mid-Dec to 132 this morning. My average cals are 1900-2000/day, doing PHAT 5x/wk…wtf?!?! I hadn’t thought that was a crazy high number of cals for bulking but I guess it is. Sure I started creatine but I doubt that accounts for 6 lbs. Pah.

Needless to say I wore yoga pants to work today.

Thanks. Makes me wonder why so many pros in the industry recommend cycling.

Re instinctive, there are days now where I find I am full, don’t need more food but am not near my daily cal goal so I have a shake or something…so whereas I’m a big believer in intuitive eating for maintenance, not so for cutting or bulking.

Interesting…I can barely move my legs today. So completely sore. Overdid it yesterday…had my power leg w/o and then went for this year’s first x-country skiing jaunt. We tried a new course…figured it would take about 45 mins…well it took 1.5 hours. I was so wiped at the end I could have cried. Only had a protein shake btwn the two…no food. Incredibly stupid. Absolutely fried for the rest of the day and felt like I hit a brick wall. Today would traditionally be my lower cal day but I’m thinking that might not happen…still feel really drained.
    Goal: Peace, love & happiness...and arms that go bump in the night.

“It's never been true, not anywhere at any time, that the value of a soul, of a human spirit, is dependent on a number on a scale" G. Roth

pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100) pattycake9 is not very well liked. (-100)
    all day yesterday i had a stomach bug.... which a) means no work out. b) means i could not keep any food down and lastly c) i barley ate. thankfully it was a 24 hr bug because i feel 100% right now.... but i know if i stepped on the scale right now i would be terribly discouraged. (which i know i shouldn't be) should i just eat at my regular bulking calories (2100) today, or should i try to eat more? what do you guys think? opinions?
    "you know i went to the gym today and felt like i was the only one even lifting"

http://curlsareforgirls.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by pattycake9 View Post
    all day yesterday i had a stomach bug.... which a) means no work out. b) means i could not keep any food down and lastly c) i barley ate. thankfully it was a 24 hr bug because i feel 100% right now.... but i know if i stepped on the scale right now i would be terribly discouraged. (which i know i shouldn't be) should i just eat at my regular bulking calories (2100) today, or should i try to eat more? what do you guys think? opinions?
    Eat what you need to recover from the bug. Never worry about calories when sick or recovering from being sick. Return to your plan when you can.

TPW – love the avi! You’re gorgeous!
    Yay, I have a face . Incredibly sweet, thank you!

I’m trying to trust it too…I’ve only been bulking just over a month and my weight is up 6lbs!! I went from 126 mid-Dec to 132 this morning. My average cals are 1900-2000/day, doing PHAT 5x/wk…wtf?!?! I hadn’t thought that was a crazy high number of cals for bulking but I guess it is. Sure I started creatine but I doubt that accounts for 6 lbs. Pah.

Needless to say I wore yoga pants to work today.

Thanks. Makes me wonder why so many pros in the industry recommend cycling.

Re instinctive, there are days now where I find I am full, don’t need more food but am not near my daily cal goal so I have a shake or something…so whereas I’m a big believer in intuitive eating for maintenance, not so for cutting or bulking.

Interesting…I can barely move my legs today. So completely sore. Overdid it yesterday…had my power leg w/o and then went for this year’s first x-country skiing jaunt. We tried a new course…figured it would take about 45 mins…well it took 1.5 hours. I was so wiped at the end I could have cried. Only had a protein shake btwn the two…no food. Incredibly stupid. Absolutely fried for the rest of the day and felt like I hit a brick wall. Today would traditionally be my lower cal day but I’m thinking that might not happen…still feel really drained.
    Try not to stress about the gain. I gained 1 lb per week for the first 8 weeks or so. I can almost bet that half of that is water and not real fat/lean gain.

About being tired, I felt this way about 4-6 weeks or so into this program and had a hard time recovering in spite of the increased cals. The program is, without a doubt, intense! Then throw in a 1.5-hr cross county skiing jaunt with no food! You need adult supervision, lol!

My only thought about calorie cycling is that I just don't have the discipline. Most of my overeating is done on vacations, when I probably need to be at maintenance. When I am bulking, I don't have the discipline to cut back when I feel like I need to and when I diet, I'll be damn if I am going to stray much, unless, of course, I am on vacation. No gray areas for me, so all or nothing .

I do think being instinctive makes perfect common sense. Actually, as much as it is shunned around here, and I don't care what anyone says, I KNOW I do better when I am following my own split and lifting intuitively. Now if I could only grasp that when it comes to nutrition!

Originally Posted by pattycake9 View Post
    Don't stress. Just do the best you can today and pick up where you left off. Listen to your bod. You don't *need* to play calorie catch up. Just move on .

Agreed!

aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aspenleigh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi All! I just started reading this thread a few days ago and there is tons of great information in here!!

My questions:
    (I'm sorry if you've heard this before, I read through a good portion of the thread and didn't find my answer exactly)
    *How long are the typical bulk/cut cycles?
    *How long can you be considered a newbie and still make newbie gains before you need to bulk?

Little history about me: I have always struggled with my weight (as in, being overweight). I've been dabbling with lifting weights for about 1-1/2 years but it's only been since Aug. 2011 that I have seriously went for it with no looking back. I have been doing somewhat of a recomp since August and my program is Layne Norton's PHAT. I have made some good strength gains and continue somewhat but they have slowed. I hold almost all my excess fat in my lower body and I have very large thighs/saddlebags and lots of cellulite. Large rear-end also. For the past 6 months, I have (probably for the first time in my life) NOT been trying to lose weight as I was just trying to stay the same. I started at around 155 lbs and gained to approx 160.

I have just started a cut (week 2) because we are going to Florida to the beach in February. I want to be somewhat lean over the summer and would consider bulking for a longer period of time in the fall. Wondering if anyone has tried the short bulk/cut cycles or is this mostly long periods of bulk for you ladies? I am not concerned about scale weight but I am not willing to go up in size very much (as far as clothes size).
    What are your thoughts?

2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10) 2ndfloor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yes, yoga pants! lol

Also, if you need to wear dress pants, get yourself several pairs with the stretch in the fabric. I had a job interview a little while ago, and those dress pants saved me.

My protein grams were in the 170's yesterday after a hard shoulders/triceps day. I'm trying to hit that same range today, too, after I do legs later this evening.

Great job everyone! Hang in there!
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137873243

Hello, everyone!
    Well, this weekend I started my bulk with a bang and indulged way too much. I have a HUGE sweet tooth, and it was easy to say, 'I'm bulking and can eat whatever' but I really want to keep this healthy. Occasional treats hopefully within macros for the most part, and healthy foods with a slow gain.

I am shooting for 2000 cals on off days and 2300 on lifting days. That is probably 350-400 over maintenance, is that too much to start? Should I start lower and see what happens or just go for the 2300? I am ok with whatever, but really want to minimize fat gains. Want to eat enough to be effective though!

I read the entire thread over the past couple days- great stuff in here, definitely inspiring and reassuring!
    -- Nike

There's no Dana only Zuul ThePeach's Avatar
    ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000) ThePeach is a name known to all. (+5000)
    thank you for all the input on creatine
    Will give it another month to see what I can deliver on my own and then look into it again.
    ✩ Alis Volat Propriis ✩ Always the Padawan, Never the Jedi ✩
    Genetics give you an edge, hard work gives you the results - ctgblue

******official misc photography crew ****** ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
    "I get up, take the kids to school and do the Hoovering... then I become a rock star" - Dave Grohl

Page 147 of 330 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast