Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by atgbrahsrs View Post
    Have you ever encountered colleagues of yours who you just know they selected that job because they are psychos who enjoy power trips. Like, getting a kick out of abusing prisoners and seeking out encounters where they can use powers.

Do you think if someone can get away with **** like that by saying "oh he attacked me" and using what I suppose is a bias against those prisoners since they are criminals?

Asking for a friend.
    Luckily never seen abuse of inmates, but definitely people who power trip; the worst is it just makes problems for everyone. One guy is badge heavy and acts like a complete badass when he is in a control booth (where inmates can't get to him) but then is a complete bitch on the floor. I always hate when he is my booth cop since he is stirring sht up and I'm the one dealing with the consequences face to face.

With the cameras it's hard to just make sht up, and no one is covering your ass (risking their job, pension, benefits, liability) because you had to act like a badass. Mistakes happen, but if you just go out of your way to make sht up and put your partners at risk no one has your back. I've damn near had to fight or been stabbed because someone else had to act like turbo cop knowing they were safe but putting others in danger; they get a talking to real fast about that sht.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

ToningWasTooHarshForMe atgbrahsrs's Avatar
    atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) atgbrahsrs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Luckily never seen abuse of inmates, but definitely people who power trip; the worst is it just makes problems for everyone. One guy is badge heavy and acts like a complete badass when he is in a control booth (where inmates can't get to him) but then is a complete bitch on the floor. I always hate when he is my booth cop since he is stirring sht up and I'm the one dealing with the consequences face to face.

With the cameras it's hard to just make sht up, and no one is covering your ass (risking their job, pension, benefits, liability) because you had to act like a badass. Mistakes happen, but if you just go out of your way to make sht up and put your partners at risk no one has your back. I've damn near had to fight or been stabbed because someone else had to act like turbo cop knowing they were safe but putting others in danger; they get a talking to real fast about that sht.

damn my dream to be Bellick from Prison Break down the shower drain with the soap
    communist until you get rich
    rightwing until financially secure
    atheist until the plane starts falling
    slootist until you get married
    muslim after you get married

gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The bucket

So when I was working in D 2 we had a bunch of buckets, 6 or so of them, that the inmates could use to wash their clothes in; you take a bucket and leave your ID in an ID holder we had so we know who has a bucket. When you return the bucket you get your ID back, it worked mostly, some guys would just take a bucket or one checks it out and then just gives it to someone else, so we sometimes had problems finding a bucket or 2 at the end of the night. This was one of those nights.

So 2100 rolls around, my partner and I notice we are missing a bucket, so we have our Control Booth just make an announcement, if you have a bucket flag your door (inmates use a strip of cardboard through the crack of the cell door to 'flag' when they need or want their door open), we just want it back, either turn it in or we will come and find it. No one flags, fck, we really don't want to do a bucket hunt right now, but we said we would and we don't make idle threats so off we go, door to door looking into cells for a bucket. We finally get to cell 223 and we see it. Odd since the inmate in the cell, a big fcking guy who is 6'2" and easily 250 pounds (not fat, he's pretty damn fit), is a guy who never gives us problems. Guy is nicknamed Hammer since we hits so damn hard in fights, pretty much the last guy in the building I want to go at it with, but fck it, we are getting that bucket.

So we tap the cell window and call Hammer over, like, hey guy why are you keeping that bucket. He tells us he is feeling sick and fell asleep and forgot; whole building is at their windows watching, so we need to prove a point, can't look like bitches. So we pop the door and tell Hammer to step out, we are searching his cell; he squares up on us and says "Nah, I'm not doing that, I don't feel good and you're not coming in here." My partner and I both are on the same page right now, can't believe we are about to have to fight a guy over a bucket, a fcking bucket, but past the point we can walk away. So we tell him again, step out or we step in; he just yells 'Fck you guys do whatever' and walks out. We go into the cell, grab the bucket and really just stand there for 5 minutes, we didn't care to search the cell, we just had to show we would; we call Hammer back up and he just goes in and slams the door.

The next day when we came in Hammer came up and apologized to us for the whole thing, says he didn't mean it, he was just tired, sick and in a bad mood. All good, never had any other problems with him; he's still on the yard and we joke about the whole thing now.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lmao sometimes a big man just needs his emotional support bucket
    crocs at the gym crew

Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    lmao sometimes a big man just needs his emotional support bucket
    The amount of times I've come close to fighting guys over the dumbest of sht...

A little bit about the building I worked for years, D 2; when I bid in it was just a normal building, normal BS. I had 2 partners who I worked with 4 days per week, one day I had 2 nonregulars just due to our days off being a bit off. Well one day Admin decided to make D 2 the 'gang' building, pretty much any SNY gang member got tossed in D 2, the reason being was if we keep them all in one building it's easier to keep track of them.... well, in practice it actually made it a very violent and active building, it became known as the sht building; we had fights daily, usually multiple fights each shift. I actually went under 2 investigations for the amount of times I used force in one month; January and February in 2017 I used force over 20 times each month... well, we had so many fights all I had to do was show my reports and the OIA (Office of Internal Affairs) just shrugged and said 'Yep, you're fine" so nothing came of that.

Anyways, my partners and I ran it tight, respect was King. We did our 6 random cell searches per day, more if we felt like it, we enforced policy but we knew there are grey areas, and over time, maybe 6 months we turned it into a great building. We had enough rapport with the inmates they would not fight on our shift for 2 reasons: they knew we'd use force no matter what time it was, end of my shift? Fck it, I will still spray your ass if you want to fight in my building, I'll spend extra time and get OT to write my report. Other reason, they got to know us enough that they would come and just talk to us, got a problem? Talk to us, we will try and fix it between us, man to man, before it becomes a real problem.

They also knew if they pissed us off then we'd make it a bad day for everyone; we all had Monday off. We come in and hear that the people who were in on Monday, all on OT, complained it was the worst building they'd worked in.... well, ya'll just fronted us off. We searched every cell, that's 100 cells, in one shift. We fcked that building like it owed us money. Never again did we get that complaint.

If you run your building right, do your job, and have good communication skills than no matter how 'bad' your building is, you can make it good.

Communication skills are legit the most important thing you can have in a prison, if you can talk to people you can make damn near anything happen.

stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) stegosaurus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you run your building right, do your job, and have good communication skills than no matter how 'bad' your building is, you can make it good.

Communication skills are legit the most important thing you can have in a prison, if you can talk to people you can make damn near anything happen.
    true pretty much anywhere in life, but people who understand and are capable of operating on that level are fewer and farther between these days.

youve talked about it on occasion when you get stuck with people who arent with it; what kind of recourse do you have as far as working with a crew that knows what they're doing? like lets say youre monday crew instead of tuesday crew, what options, if any, might you have to get in with a better team/shift?
    crocs at the gym crew

true pretty much anywhere in life, but people who understand and are capable of operating on that level are fewer and farther between these days.

youve talked about it on occasion when you get stuck with people who arent with it; what kind of recourse do you have as far as working with a crew that knows what they're doing? like lets say youre monday crew instead of tuesday crew, what options, if any, might you have to get in with a better team/shift?
    None really, who is assigned to a POST is who is assigned; though I have kicked people out of my building before. "You are a fcking retard, get out, don't come back, I'll do this sht myself" I just call the Sgt. and let them know what's up, most are cool with me so they get it. But if you have all sht staff in a spot than you're kind of fcked. Many days I have had to tell inmates "Yeah, this guy (staff) sucks, but end of the day he's my partner so I have to put up with it."

Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Anyone ever get shot in prison?
    Every Man apart, Every Man an Emperor

Originally Posted by Brommando View Post
    Anyone ever get shot in prison?
    Not while I've been there, few times warning shots were fired; they didn't have a clear shot otherwise they would have just shot the aggressors.

We do shoot the 40mm Direct Impact rounds a lot though, like a foam bullet the size of a lemon that hits hard enough it can crack/break bones and kill if you hit the wrong spot. Those are a lot of fun, target area is legs but when people are fighting you usually hit somewhere else or miss. Most of my shots usually end up hitting legs or torso, but I have nailed a guy in the hand once, broke the sht out of it.

Working C Yard, I'm in building 4 on the floor; this was back in 2017 or so, and the Southerners and Fresno Bulldogs were pretty much 'on sight' with each other, you see one from the other gang you take off on them. Because of this (and this is still ongoing) we keep them separate, when one group is out the other isn't, and we rotate days when each gets program. Big headache and really annoying having to be so aware of who runs with who for when we do escorts or open a cell door.

As I'm just sitting at the podium I hear on the radio of a fight in building 3, at least it's a short run, and I get there and run into the building to see a Bulldog getting the sht stabbed out of him by a Southerner, before I could spray though the Control Booth shot the 40mm and nailed the Southerner in the back which got him to stop and get down, Bulldog was down from something like 30 stab wounds. No worries though, he lived, came back later that day even, guess nothing vital was hit.

Whole reason this happened was the Southerner was one of the buildings porters so they had opened his door so he could come out to clean, he'd gone back into his cell but didn't fully shut the door and no one noticed. Pretty big problem since you should (especially on C Yard) check doors before movement, but the staff didn't so when the Southerner saw a Bulldog come back from medical he took his chance.

All 3 staff in the building got in trouble, lost 5% pay for a few months and one lost his bid spot in the building. All they had to do was a security check and tug on the doors, it's the simple things people get lazy on that get us in trouble.

Working in D building 5 on the floor, my partner and I are just watching the dayroom, normal day; we noticed some guys smoking spice (synthetic THC) at the poker table and we are about to send them back to their cells. One of them hits the 'too high' phase and just freezes up, it's one of the weirdest effects, their whole body just locks up and they can't move, like full on statue mode. Well damn, let's give it 15 minutes, usually they unfreeze by then and are fine, if not then might be a legit OD.

The other guys at the table just keep playing like nothing happened, kind of funny. 10 minutes go by and the guy unfreezes, back to playing like nothing happened; we walk over and tell them all they're done for the day, take it in. They initially try to argue and we just tell them we aren't fcking dumb and if you want to do that sht on our dayroom we can make a problem out of it or they can just go in. They lock it up, no further problems... dealing with the drug use gets annoying, really not much we can do, search them, take anything we find and write them up, but the punishment is so minimal most don't care. We have some guys get write ups weekly for drug use, no real ramifications.

So this one is going to be a bit dark but....

Working as Outside Patrol Officer, basically I just do laps around the prison fence all day, respond to any fence alarms, and otherwise it's boring as fck. Well... just after 0600 we hear a gunshot, sht just got real but we only hear one and are kind of unsure wtf happened. My Sgt and I go to see what happened. Maybe just a negligent shot? Well we roll up and there's a car parked just outside prison grounds, in an orchard. We go up slowly, not sure of what's up, more officers on the way, and we see it...

We had this C/O, he was going through a hard time, a divorce, and he was always socially awkward, never got along with anyone too well. I knew him well enough, odd guy but ok by me. We look into the car, he was there, shot himself in the head just outside of work. Fck me. I just talked to this guy yesterday to release dining workers and BSed with him for a bit on the phone, I felt like sht, never felt anything was wrong. Learned he went to our Employee Action Committee (EAC) to talk to someone, but they kind of blew him off since he was weird... man, everyone felt like sht that day. We let our partner down, and the worst outcome came of it. We lost a partner because we failed him when he needed us. Never felt so bad in my life. I still wonder if maybe I could have talked to him a it more the day before, if I could have done something.

I've know too many partners, friends, who killed themselves. It never gets easier, only harder.

So this one is going to be a bit dark but....

Working as Outside Patrol Officer, basically I just do laps around the prison fence all day, respond to any fence alarms, and otherwise it's boring as fck. Well... just after 0600 we hear a gunshot, sht just got real but we only hear one and are kind of unsure wtf happened. My Sgt and I go to see what happened. Maybe just a negligent shot? Well we roll up and there's a car parked just outside prison grounds, in an orchard. We go up slowly, not sure of what's up, more officers on the way, and we see it...

We had this C/O, he was going through a hard time, a divorce, and he was always socially awkward, never got along with anyone too well. I knew him well enough, odd guy but ok by me. We look into the car, he was there, shot himself in the head just outside of work. Fck me. I just talked to this guy yesterday to release dining workers and BSed with him for a bit on the phone, I felt like sht, never felt anything was wrong. Learned he went to our Employee Action Committee (EAC) to talk to someone, but they kind of blew him off since he was weird... man, everyone felt like sht that day. We let our partner down, and the worst outcome came of it. We lost a partner because we failed him when he needed us. Never felt so bad in my life. I still wonder if maybe I could have talked to him a it more the day before, if I could have done something.

I've know too many partners, friends, who killed themselves. It never gets easier, only harder.
    thats a hard one brah, condolences
    crocs at the gym crew

thats a hard one brah, condolences
    It happens, know a few who died by suicide, plenty more who died from various things within 5 years of retiring; most barely make it a few years.

Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Akd123 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    It happens, know a few who died by suicide, plenty more who died from various things within 5 years of retiring; most barely make it a few years.
    buddy of mine hung himself with a towel a couple years ago in county.wasnt even that serious.probably would of been put back on parole.he was 60 with grand kids

Originally Posted by Akd123 View Post
    buddy of mine hung himself with a towel a couple years ago in county.wasnt even that serious.probably would of been put back on parole.he was 60 with grand kids
    Yeah, we get suicides from time to time, not as many as you'd think though, maybe a few per year is all; plenty of guys claim suicidal to get off the yards though. Lot of paperwork and BS when that happens.

Latest snus pouch order got here though, should last the month maybe. Gotta get that nicotine in.

Man the last few days sucked all the dick.

Friday night working 1/W, my single shift, all goes smooth until 0400ish, we have a call from a Control Booth of an inmate kicking his door. Great, yep, I wanted to do this sht tonight. We all roll over there and talk to the guy, he's calm enough, says it's an 'anxiety' attack. Nah, been here a time or 2, you're high, but he wants to see a doctor, best we have in the middle of the night is a nurse, but he says that's fine. Cool, whatever, we call the nurse over; we go to cuff the guy up to take him out of the cell and once he sees: 5 officers from the yard, 3 officers from the Watch Office (also responders), the medical escort and the nurse the inmate starts to put on a show. He slams his mattress into the door of the cell, refuses any cooperation, and wont let medical check him.

We all shrug, fck it, he's alive and breathing, he's fine. Pretty much nothing we can do other than let him sober up, he kept slamming the door for a bit then shut up. He was fine.

Saturday night 1/W again... 0300 count an inmate started screaming 'Man Down' as my partner was doing count, again we all roll up like 'wtf guy' and I start talking to him. Call me the inmate whisperer, got him to admit to taking suboxone, then shooting up more suboxone... instead of getting double high like he expected, he instead reversed the effect and went right to withdrawals. So bad he was convulsing and vomiting, could barely stand. Fun times, had to take him to the onsite hospital, they just gave him 2 IV bags and told him to fck off. Back to the building by 0534; ruined my nap... I mean 'program' time.

Then Sunday... oh, Sunday. So working my shift swap on 3/W we get a radio call to recall the yard and dayrooms on D yard, and all Floor #2 Officers (2 C/Os on the floor of a building, 1 and 2) I was #2 that day. I walk over like "da fuq?" and we all get told to go to our Level 1 Facility with riot response gear, they expect something to happen since they had 3 fights (multiple inmates involved in each) that day. Fcking awesome. I grab a 40mm launcher, so does another guy, and 2 others grab MK49s (imagine a fire extinguisher full of pepper spray). We walk over, 2 in each Dorm, one launcher and one MK46. So fun fact, all of us have our regular equipment, which is about 15 pounds, and now the riot gear which is another 25 pounds on top of that. Love carrying heavy sht for over half a mile jog.

It's me and my partner, then the C/O for the dorm, 3 officers to 107 inmates, yep we like those odds if sht kicks off. I have Stinger rounds in my 40mm, basically shotgun rounds with rubber BBs, a "fck everyone in that direction" round, but my target zone is legs; I pretty much have no clear shots in the Dorm due to obstructions: tables, chairs, ect. Any above waist shot can get my ass in trouble, so my partner with the 'fck everything' OC frire extinguisher is the best bet if sht kicks off.

In the end nothing happened, we spent 5 hours standing around like jackasses before being sent back to the yard. Nothing happened and it was boring as hell.

a weekend of bs with a to-go order of blue-balls for the ride home, bummer lol
    crocs at the gym crew

a weekend of bs with a to-go order of blue-balls for the ride home, bummer lol
    Honestly, 99% of the time I carry riot gear, sht is done by the time I get there and I "provide coverage" for hours whish is standing around like a 'tard.

At least let me get my fun from it, but no....

Sorry for MIA the last week, been busy but I'll drop a few today at least from the BS I dealt with just this week.

This fckin' guy.... this fckin' guy.

Also, just the other day...

****ing new cops man, 2300 hours this guy comes up to us "Hey, my radio antenna is missing", well, since when, did you lose it or was it like that when you got it? "I dunno"; so we spent an hour doing a grid search of the entire yard and program office looking for it, never found it. He got some OJT on Equipment Accountability and had to write a memo, might get in more trouble too if Admin gets butthurt. How the **** do you not notice a missing radio antenna, I swear the State is hiring the dumbest ****ers they can.
    Same guy, Saturday at 0530 we are waiting for our reliefs, he suddenly says he is missing his radio antenna, again. We're like WTF bro... when did it go missing? Did you have it when you got your radio? All we get is "I dunno." Well, he was A Rover #3, and he did the trash truck that night, he goes in a trash truck and opens any gates or dumpsters they need, he goes all over the prison; for all we know the antenna could be anywhere in the prison, or even in the trash truck. We tell him to go retrace everywhere he went and find it.... he walks out and our Sgt. walks in and asks where the guy was going.

I say "I got sht news and shttier news, which you want first?" he says he's staying for another shift anyways so either. I tell him "sht news is we lost another radio antenna, shttier news is it was that guy, again."

Our Sgt. just yells "That stupid motherfcker, dammit, motherfcker!" The guy gets back in 2 minutes, barely looked and says he can't find it, he has less than a year in and is still on probationary status, I try explaining to him how fcked he can be, they can fire him at this point, it just doesn't click for him. Our reliefs show up and he grabs his bag, we tell him nah, you ain't leaving until you find that antenna, he still doesn't get it and asks why. Bitch you lost equipment again! It's not just On Job Training (OJT) now, it's a Letter of Instruction (LOI) and they CAN fire you on probation for that. He wanders off to look for it finally, the rest of us say fck that guy and leave.

They ended up finding it later in no mans land somewhere, still waiting to see if he gets an LOI or fired. Best part is he tried saying the antenna was just broken, well in the last however many number of years no one else had a problem, but he played with the antenna like a fidget spinner and screwed it off and on all the time, so no sht he lost it.

Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Brommando is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Ever talk to inmates who did lengthy prison terms on their last day there? Must be some life changing **** for them, well hopefully
    Every Man apart, Every Man an Emperor

Originally Posted by Brommando View Post
    Ever talk to inmates who did lengthy prison terms on their last day there? Must be some life changing **** for them, well hopefully
    Plenty, sad thing is most who have done 10+ years are the guys who I think actually will stay out; they've learned the hard way this isn't the life.

One was Serrano, our program clerk who spent 23 years in prison. He was a hitman for the Cartels, he was GP for 10 years then gave up the game and went SNY; he had grandkids at that point and his whole goal in life was to just meet them. Great guy and chill as hell, always friendly, but he admitted it took him a decade to learn his lesson, years of being told what to do and when to do it before he realized he was just a tool for a gang. He paroled a few years ago, looked him up a few months back and he is still out on parole, seems to be doing well so good for him.

Another was down for 15 years, discovered he was amazing, and I mean fcking phenomenal at tattooing. His tattoos using prison equipment doing work that was legit some of the best I'd ever seen. Anyways, he paroled, I was always cool with him; he set up his own tattoo business in San Diego, the Sacramento, and is now in Alabama making bank tattooing and enjoying life.

I like seeing that, guys legit turn things around, but too often it's dumb kids with less than 5 years who just don't learn, the OGs try and talk to them but they thing gang life is the only life.

Sorry for MIA the last week, been busy but I'll drop a few today at least from the BS I dealt with just this week.

This fckin' guy.... this fckin' guy.

Same guy, Saturday at 0530 we are waiting for our reliefs, he suddenly says he is missing his radio antenna, again. We're like WTF bro... when did it go missing? Did you have it when you got your radio? All we get is "I dunno." Well, he was A Rover #3, and he did the trash truck that night, he goes in a trash truck and opens any gates or dumpsters they need, he goes all over the prison; for all we know the antenna could be anywhere in the prison, or even in the trash truck. We tell him to go retrace everywhere he went and find it.... he walks out and our Sgt. walks in and asks where the guy was going.

I say "I got sht news and shttier news, which you want first?" he says he's staying for another shift anyways so either. I tell him "sht news is we lost another radio antenna, shttier news is it was that guy, again."

Our Sgt. just yells "That stupid motherfcker, dammit, motherfcker!" The guy gets back in 2 minutes, barely looked and says he can't find it, he has less than a year in and is still on probationary status, I try explaining to him how fcked he can be, they can fire him at this point, it just doesn't click for him. Our reliefs show up and he grabs his bag, we tell him nah, you ain't leaving until you find that antenna, he still doesn't get it and asks why. Bitch you lost equipment again! It's not just On Job Training (OJT) now, it's a Letter of Instruction (LOI) and they CAN fire you on probation for that. He wanders off to look for it finally, the rest of us say fck that guy and leave.

They ended up finding it later in no mans land somewhere, still waiting to see if he gets an LOI or fired. Best part is he tried saying the antenna was just broken, well in the last however many number of years no one else had a problem, but he played with the antenna like a fidget spinner and screwed it off and on all the time, so no sht he lost it.
    lol i used to do the same thing screw the radio antenna on and off, but i never lost it - what a dumbass

at what point does someone like that become less an annoyance and more an actual liability and how well does your people and paper process work for remediating/getting rid of them?
    crocs at the gym crew

lol i used to do the same thing screw the radio antenna on and off, but i never lost it - what a dumbass

at what point does someone like that become less an annoyance and more an actual liability and how well does your people and paper process work for remediating/getting rid of them?
    It's an annoyance when we can fix it on the yard: lose an antenna but we find it, everyone shut up, but make fun of the new guy kind of thing. Lose it and we can't find it, and your lazy ass doesn't even look... it's a liability, lose it (or anything) twice and you're fcked, we will fix it to save our asses but you're taking the blame.

You get... Verbal Warning, OJT, LOI, LOR (Letter of reprimand) then fired normally. While on probation they can fire you for any LOI though.

I have a few from last night....

Doing my count in Alpha 5, nothing out of the ordinary until cell 150.... dude is wrapped in a bed sheet like a burrito and rocking back and forth. Fck it, he's alive and moving, all good for me!. He is doing the same on my second count, same though, living and breathing is all I need.

Last count rolls up.... I look into the cell..... I can't see this guy, no one; all I see is the mattress in the cell jammed under the bottom bunk. I kick the door and yell "Hey, the fck are you?" and a foot just pops out from under the mattress/behind the bottom bunk. Fck it... he's alive, problem for the next shift.

I had a lot of sht last night, more to follow after a nap.

Also last night, Sunday night, we had a guy in Alpha Building 1... we had a guy we called Sht Banana. Guess he got super high on 3/w and by the time we checked him on 1/w he was gone... he for whatever fcking reason, thought he was a banana..... and smearing literal sht on his cell walls was a good idea. Again, for us on 1/w we say.... fck it, he's alive, nothing much else we can do. All night he does this, poops and smears it on the wall, whatever I've seen this before, and not my problem in the middle of the night...

We let the next shift know, hey your going to have a "shtty day today..." we love fcking with each other.

Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz Getter_done has the mod powerz
    Glad to see this thread still going, in 4 the stories and pics.

Originally Posted by Getter_done View Post
    Glad to see this thread still going, in 4 the stories and pics.
    likewise, this and the elbo room are why i misc
    crocs at the gym crew

Sorry been busy the last 2 weeks; didn't even think people were still reading this but back at it I gues...

Working CTC, our onsite hospital, and just walking with the nurse as she passes out meds to the inmates. She stop suddenly and starts smelling the air, it smells like sht. "Somebody's pooping!" she says. I just Bert Stare her and say yeah, everybody poops....

She then demands I find who is pooping and make them stop since it stinks, like WTF am I going to do, force a buttplug on them? I just tell her nah, and we finish pill pass, she then complains to her supervisor that I wouldn't make someone stop taking a dump, and even he is confused as hell about the request. She didn't last too long back there, they bounced her to the yard because all she did was complain.