Page 13 of 512 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    Not even trying to boost myself in saying this, but my mind is blown that Yelich, Bauer, Kershaw, Carrasco, Rendon are still on the table. It's a fkn steal to trade picks for these guys (who are all top 50 players I might add). I feel like everyone thinks we're (saalty and I) trying to rip people off when in reality these guys are legit upgrades over some of the scrubs being kept. People are valuing picks way too high when there are studs available.

If you have 6 strong keepers (only 2 teams have that IMO, not gonna name names), this isn't relevant to you. But for all you guys keeping trash, jump on this now. If those five guys aren't on rosters as we enter the draft, someone fuked up big time. 99% of the reason I'm hating on keeping closers is because there are three top 10 pitchers still available to be kept. Like wtf world am I in where managers in a so called competitive league are keeping fuking closers over these guys?
    everyone can only keep 6 players and we know who will be kept and who won't be. that principle by itself diminishes whatever value you think your player has

it doesn't matter what the player is actually worth. all that matter is their value relative to the other players in the draft pool.

if someone knows you're not keeping Bauer, Kershaw, yelich, etc why would they move themselves back in the draft to acquire them?
    you come at the king, you best not miss

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheBateman View Post
    everyone can only keep 6 players and we know who will be kept and who won't be. that principle by itself diminishes whatever value you think your player has

it doesn't matter what the player is actually worth. all that matter is their value relative to the other players in the draft pool.

if someone knows you're not keeping Bauer, Kershaw, yelich, etc why would they move themselves back in the draft to acquire them?
    Fail... I'm keeping Yelich/Bauer. lol @ you thinking they're going to be had in the draft.

TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheBateman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by saaltydog View Post
    Fail... I'm keeping Yelich/Bauer. lol @ you thinking they're going to be had in the draft.
    I didn't mean those specific players...

saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) saaltydog has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I didn't mean those specific players...
    You specifically mentioned them lol.

Also to your point just because someone is in the draft doesn't mean you're going to get them. I'd rather pay up front for someone then risk losing them in the draft. I was really high on MCullers last year. So I went and traded a pick for him before the draft.

You specifically mentioned them lol.

Also to your point just because someone is in the draft doesn't mean you're going to get them. I'd rather pay up front for someone then risk losing them in the draft. I was really high on MCullers last year. So I went and traded a pick for him before the draft.
    I used "Bauer, Kershaw, yelich, etc" to avoid using the same pronoun again to avoid confusion... I was referring to players that are being dangled for picks at this moment in time.

I know it's not certain but the bottom line is that there's going to be a surplus of players no matter what and it doesn't make sense for most of the teams to give up any picks to secure them for marginal improvements from their own keepers.
    I have Jameson taillon ..why would I give up a high pick to secure Kershaw when I have the opportunity to get him in the draft?

I used "Bauer, Kershaw, yelich, etc" to avoid using the same pronoun again to avoid confusion... I was referring to players that are being dangled for picks at this moment in time.

I know it's not certain but the bottom line is that there's going to be a surplus of players no matter what and it doesn't make sense for most of the teams to give up any picks to secure them for marginal improvements from their own keepers.
    I have Jameson taillon ..why would I give up a high pick to secure Kershaw when I have the opportunity to get him in the draft?
    Because Taillon just ain't that good. I mean neither is Kershaw so your example sucks.

A better example is someone keeping Haniger upgrading to Yelich. There's a clear incentive to do so

Because Taillon just ain't that good. I mean neither is Kershaw so your example sucks.
    if that's the case then why would I move a pick to get Kershaw and lose taillon?

if that's the case then why would I move a pick to get Kershaw and lose taillon?
    Never suggested you should.

Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Chill Will 33 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Now with a clearer head not muddied by the competition of last season I can see my keepers are not as strong as in years past.

I built a core of "hope they hit their potential" guys that all can have the bottom fall out just as easy.

Judge - hope he comes back in 2017 form, fear is he may come back in 2016 form and find pine

Andujar - good chance his rookie year provided his career year in counting stats

Bellinger - Same as Andujar, just a year further along, plus can end up in year long platoon

Harper - May never live up to hype, could land in power zapping San Francisco

Thor - Best years behind him at 27? May not ever get back to ace status

Hader - just traded for him as a homer move

Robles - should get everyday playing time but could become Micheal Taylor lite as easily as a 5 category stud.

There you go, honest self reflection prior to the season.
    Inch by Inch is a Sinch

*MMC 4 life*

Green Bay Packers Super Bowl Crew

Originally Posted by Chill Will 33 View Post
    Now with a clearer head not muddied by the competition of last season I can see my keepers are not as strong as in years past.

I built a core of "hope they hit their potential" guys that all can have the bottom fall out just as easy.

Judge - hope he comes back in 2017 form, fear is he may come back in 2016 form and find pine

Andujar - good chance his rookie year provided his career year in counting stats

Bellinger - Same as Andujar, just a year further along, plus can end up in year long platoon

Robles - should get everyday playing time but could become Micheal Taylor lite as easily as a 5 category stud.

Pretty truthful evaluation. Not like some other delusional ******* around here. I will say though you're team may have the most upside of anyone here. Like you said if your keepers perform to their potential you're looking at a Championship. I wouldn't be upset with that. I like high risk/reward. That's the way I roll. All or nothing baby.

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chill Will 33 View Post

It's funny because you legitimately have a top 5 keeper lineup in this league. Tells you a lot about the successful managers in this league and the rest. "Not as strong" for a successful guy is above average in reality.

Some work their tails off to accumulate the top guys and make the playoffs only to fail year after year, while Chill just disregards them by putting together a "not as strong" lineup after homer-keeping a RP and having a top-3 SP kill himself a few years ago (RIP Jose).
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I'm not going to argue your post. Opinions are opinions, and I'm not gonna go out and say you're wrong to have one. But here's my opinion - if you're not open to trading a Taillon-calibre pitcher for a Kershaw-calibre pitcher, you're doing it wrong. And if you have a history of missing the playoffs year after year, maybe the best strategy isn't to defer to what you think but to go after the ace who's unanimously regarded as the greatest pitcher of his generation. And to top it all off, if you have picks to spare and perhaps the worst keeper lineup in A-league's history, maybe it isn't that bad of an idea to trade one for said ace. How about that?

I'm gonna be the first to laugh in your face when Taillon isn't enough to carry your team to the playoffs. Just like I'll be the first to laugh when everyone thinking they're savvy keeping closers are battling it out for 10th place come June. Those are just my opinions though.

I'm not going to argue your post. Opinions are opinions, and I'm not gonna go out and say you're wrong to have one. But here's my opinion - if you're not open to trading a Taillon-calibre pitcher for a Kershaw-calibre pitcher, you're doing it wrong. And if you have a history of missing the playoffs year after year, maybe the best strategy isn't to defer to what you think but to go after the ace who's unanimously regarded as the greatest pitcher of his generation. And to top it all off, if you have picks to spare and perhaps the worst keeper lineup in A-league's history, maybe it isn't that bad of an idea to trade one for said ace. How about that?
    nah dude he's pretty good but unanimous great is stretching it.
    I only missed the playoffs twice

my keepers are fine, strong young base to build upon

nah dude he's pretty good but unanimous great is stretching it.
    I only missed the playoffs twice

my keepers are fine, strong young base to build upon
    Sure thing boyo, as I said - I'll be the first to laugh. Be ready for it.

I'm gonna be the first to laugh in your face when Taillon isn't enough to carry your team to the playoffs. Just like I'll be the first to laugh when everyone thinking they're savvy keeping closers are battling it out for 10th place come June. Those are just my opinions though.
    You do realize the most successful person in this league made the whole keeping a RP a thing right? Last year was the first year I kept one SP I'm awhile. Ive kept two RPs and 0 starters before.

Is assinine that you're in here making a blanket statement like keeping RPs doesnt work. Prettt sure you weren't laughing last year when I went balls deep in you in that Championship game. You cocky MFer

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So no one wants Doolittle? Lol....

You do realize the most successful person in this league made the whole keeping a RP a thing right? Last year was the first year I kept one SP I'm awhile. Ive kept two RPs and 0 starters before.

Is assinine that you're in here making a blanket statement like keeping RPs doesnt work. Prettt sure you weren't laughing last year when I went balls deep in you in that Championship game. You cocky MFer
    Yea but not everyone is you. I'm confident you could keep 4 RP's and still make the playoffs, you've proven you're capable.

That feel when saalty realizes JY isn't dragging on him but all the other fellas failing to make the playoffs year after year while wondering why Kimbrel isn't leading them there.

Bottom line is that keeping a RP puts you at an extreme disadvantage. If you like a challenge and have the skills to succeed, go for it. But when you're fuked 3 months in with no studs that will consistently lead your team to wins, be prepared to be laughed at. Kinda like the Superbowl right? No one's laughing at you if you bet on the Patriots and they lose. But if you bet on the Rams and they lose? You fkn idiot, wtf were you thinking?
    Last edited by Jyeatbvg; 02-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.

LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LyonGaultier is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sup brahs, just wanted to stop by and say sup. Is it cool if I post my keepers on Thursday? I need to watch tape and meditate. My team is ready to make some noise.

SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SpeedDemon9 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by LyonGaultier View Post
    Sup brahs, just wanted to stop by and say sup. Is it cool if I post my keepers on Thursday? I need to watch tape and meditate. My team is ready to make some noise.
    You’re good until Thursday
    Titletown, Lake Show, Evil Empire

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dang lots of posts since I went to the gym. I knew those posts I made were gonna start some sh*t

Lol professional misc rustler status intact, not even reading all the posts to catch up what the responses were
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SoutheastBeast1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Actually let me take a crack at some cliffs blindly

-Something said about me failing to make the playoffs for 5 years
    -I’m an idiot and incorrect

That sum it up?
    "One day I won't be able to lift any more. Not I won't want to lift. I mean physically unable. That day could be decades from now or it could be tomorrow. All I know is that's the day I'll wish I could lift more than ever. The day I'd give anything for one more workout, one more set, or one more cardio session. So go hard and enjoy every workout, every set, every rep. Because one day you will wake up and you will never get it back."
    -SoutheastBeast1

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    Actually let me take a crack at some cliffs blindly

-Something said about me failing to make the playoffs for 5 years
    -I’m an idiot and incorrect

That sum it up?
    No... Pretty sure you weren't even mentioned since you left.

No... Pretty sure you weren't even mentioned since you left.
    Aww... well that’s ok
    -SoutheastBeast1

I wouldn’t call myself the MOST successful. I mean give yourself some credit

Fact check though, bro Kimbrel has been on my team since 2011. Were you the one who really made keeping an RP a thing?

Time to set your ego aside for 5 seconds. You copied my model and did it well (dare I even admit better) but don’t come in here pretending you made keeping an RP a thing when not one other person has touched Kimbrel in this league for his entire career.

Only in Year 1 of this league was I Kimbrel-less. I’ll keep Kimbrel until he retires just for that distinction, 0 f*cks given.
    -SoutheastBeast1

Originally Posted by SoutheastBeast1 View Post
    I wouldn’t call myself the MOST successful. I mean give yourself some credit

Fact check though, bro Kimbrel has been on my team since 2011. Were you the one who really made keeping an RP a thing?

Time to set your ego aside for 5 seconds. You copied my model and did it well (dare I even admit better) but don’t come in here pretending you made keeping an RP a thing when not one other person has touched Kimbrel in this league for his entire career.

Only in Year 1 of this league was I Kimbrel-less. I’ll keep Kimbrel until he retires just for that distinction, 0 f*cks given.
    Kind of hard to make something a "thing" when you constantly miss the playoffs.

I'm the first one in this league to show it can be successful. Still remember everyone laughing at me when I kept two RP's. One of which was a holds guy. You were actually one of them.
    Last edited by saaltydog; 02-12-2019 at 03:41 AM.

Fact check

I was also the very first to keep TWO relievers

Keeping both Kimbrel and Jansen back in 2014

To this point in league history Chrallmor had only kept 1 RP in total from all seasons combined, which was Chapman in 2013. He followed up by abandoning the RP keeper in 2014 before ironically keeping 2 RPs in 2015, the very year after I introduced the model

Rarely is a model perfected the first go around. I was the innovator plain and simple. There’s undeniable proof.

But go ahead and just keep saying things for the sake of saying them and looking stupid. It’s what everyone in this league does best.

Side: Note I won in 2013 keeping Kimbrel and had the 2nd best record in 2014 keeping Kimbrel and Jansen (I was eliminated first round, Pro had the best record forcing me to miss out on a bye that year in what ended up to be costly as I turned in a poor opening round week)

Can Chrallmor really even claim the first to have success keeping relievers?

The facts just keep piling up against poor Chrallmor on this one

DENY DENY DENY

“You haven’t made the playoffs in 5 years”

The phrase uttered by all when you know you’ve lost a discussion with me. It’s become the ultimate symbol of defeat
    -SoutheastBeast1

Maybe these words “You haven’t made the playoffs in 5 years” are uttered because they have relevance to the conversation. Fact is, if youre irrelevant you can't make something a thing. So for you to claim you made something a thing just lol. You don't have enough clout to make something a thing.

If you ask people in this league who they think of when they think of keeping RP's. It's me boyo not you, pure cope.

The first to keep an RP: Bacon
    The first to win a championship with an RP kept: Bacon
    The first to keep 2 RPs: Bacon
    The most consecutive seasons keeping an RP: Bacon
    The most seasons keeping 2 RPs: Bacon and Saalty (we’ve both done it twice)

Now what exactly is Saalty’s claim to the method again? Lol. I pretty much sweep you across the board on anything relevant when it comes to keeping RPs.

You’ve already played the “missing the playoffs the last 5 years” card. What will you do now? Play that card a second time? Such an innovator if so
    -SoutheastBeast1

Maybe these words “You haven’t made the playoffs in 5 years” are uttered because they have relevance to the conversation. Fact is, if youre irrelevant you can't make something a thing. So for you to claim you made something a thing just lol. You don't have enough clout to make something a thing.

If you ask people in this league who they think of when they think of keeping RP's. It's me boyo not you, pure cope.
    We’ll never know because all you’ve done it bragged about yourself when it comes to Keeping RPs

No one else has ever really uttered a word on it except Jyeatbvg and that was to call the idea stupid.
    -SoutheastBeast1

By the way, the public opinion hardly means you established the method.

Many great innovators have had their ideas robbed and been forgotten about because someone else climbed in the back of that person and was the loudest in the room about it.

That’s your truth when it comes to RPs. You stole my model and decided to boast about it. Congratulations I guess.

When people think of basketball they think of Michael Jordan, not James Naismith.

The diffference here is Jordan doesn’t have the audacity and disrespect to go around claiming he made basketball a thing. Did he make it more popular? Sure. But Naismith paved the way for that long before by making it a thing.

In a way, we might be able to say without me developing the model you wouldn’t have ever truly flourished in this league like you did.

Never really thought of it like this before. This was a good talk, thanks man!
    Last edited by SoutheastBeast1; 02-12-2019 at 04:45 AM.
    -SoutheastBeast1