Page 13 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10) RIPcookiethief is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It'd be nice to have a poll so everyone could know the popular picks without having to read through 12 pages of this thread.

But if there is one already plz 2 be linking.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and well, sometimes the bar eats you.

Dahitman24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Bars

Originally Posted by NHBBareKnuckler
    Man, I am so damn annoyed with the protein bar nonsense lol. All of the bars I have found that are reasonably priced all have soy in them.

I wish there was an affordable JUST WHEY bar...
    AST Bars for Whey protein. Whether it be shakes or bars.

andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andymuscle88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tri-O-Plex bars all the way!

I think they are the most complete and healthy protein bar. Everything else is full of refined sugars, sugar alcohols, trans-fat acids or oils, aspartame, and/or other artificial sweeteners. Yuck.

mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mephistophel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Detour Caramel Peanut. Even though they probably aren't that good for me... seeing as how they taste really good. We all know nothing that's good for you tastes good. haha

enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10) enan-man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh man worse protein bar EVER are the muscle tech ones. OMFG i couldnt even finish the bite i took. wow

misstenacity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

MuscleTech

Interesting that some of the MuscleTech bars are hated - which flavor and type of bar did you have?

I've had this one:
    http://www.muscletech.com/PRODUCTS/M...complete.shtml
    (which is the "complete" bar in double chocolate flavor)

It is not as good as my previous favorites, ON Colossus Cookie and Apex Cookies, but it is similar in texture and general flavor. Has a bit of that "I'm a supplement bar!" taste, but I like the soft cookie texture and the lack of coating so it won't melt in my car or warm gym bag....

Andrea
    in Albuquerque

LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LuckyDay007 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    im a highschool student and ik i need to eat 6 meals a day but with school thats almost impossible, so i figure a good protein bar would do the trick so that i can still get the protein i need.

What would be the best bar for a good amount of protein and some other good nutrients?

RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10) RxTim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The metrx protein & replacement bars taste really good. Especially cookie dough

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ingredient wise VPX's new zero impact bar wins, not sure how they taste though
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

Dahon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ISS PRo 42 has 42 grams of protein. The taste isn't that great though. Myoplex Lite Chocholate chip is awesome. So is Power crunch Vanilla Wafers.

romaxe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    everyoane should try the Oatrageous bars..peanup butter and chocolate chip flavour..amazing!!!
    -----------------
    ratemysupps.com
    -----------------
    The Best Source For SUPPLEMENT REVIEWS On The Web

w72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) w72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The VPX zero impact, and the PBL omega 3 bars are the best I have found as far as using quality protein and mostly natural ingredients. The VPX bars are very dry and the taste is a little "bird seedy." The PBL bar tastes like a funky tootsie roll.

TrnsferErr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its all about the MUSCLE SANDWHICHES!! CHOCOLATE CANT GET ANY BETTER

Eat. Lift. Sleep. Repeat. Fr3akyPhysique's Avatar
    Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fr3akyPhysique has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the new VPX Zero Impact Meal Bars are amazing. The ingredients are also top notch. One of the better tasting bars out there.

Landrypunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Landrypunk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Aminovital fit

I tried toasted nut Cranberry. Wow it is different. I take chocolate protein power and wanted to try a different flavor. I should have stuck with chocolate. Oh well. It was interesting. my kids liked taking a bit so I guess they are a pass. I''m looking forward to my (1) "ISS Research Pro42, Box Of 12, Bodybuilding.com Variety Pack"
    Shipped From: ID

that yogurt has a weird after taste.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=112656

Shut Your Hole and Lift BigDaddyWeave's Avatar
    BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigDaddyWeave has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Best bars

The ISS Oh Yeah and the Labrada bars are top shelf!!!!!
    And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) brayj789 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pure protein bars and Detour bars. I've yet to find any of the white chocolate detour bars, but they look dddddelicous...
    Height- 5'6
    Weight - 142 - B.F 10%

Dymatize Elite W.P
    Universal Storm EVF
    Flax Oil
    L-Glutamine

"The One who lives in sunshine all the time will also live in a desert."

"God became man, so that man could aspire to become [like] God." St. Athanasius

Proud Member of the Antiochian Orthodox Church, part of Christ's one,holy Apostolic church!

Jackinup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cliff Bars

Originally Posted by jupiterecho
    I'm loving Cliff Builder peanut butter bars - yumm-o-la!

The most bang of the buck. The QT by my house has them for 5 for $6

DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DBcrusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Anyone try the XYIENCE bars?? I got 2 free samples from bb.com a few days ago with an order Its mixed berry flavor. The nutrition facts look excellent, but im on a strict cutting diet right now but i'll get around to them, so anyone try it yet????
    [][][]----TEAM EPIC----[][][]

Achi!!e$ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by admin
    What is the absolute BEST protein bar that you have ever tried? Reply and let us know what protein or energy bar is your favorite because of taste and nutritional content. Describe the taste, and tell us what flavors are the best.

Thanks for helping many others!
    The best (tasting) protein bar is Oh Yeah's by ISS Research. They have the lowest sodium so as not to hold water, they have a seemingly high carb content (but you only keep 12 grams), and they taste great [referring to the peanut butter - caramel ONLY].

Registered User cathysaok@yahoo.com's Avatar
    cathysaok@yahoo.com has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Best Overall Foodbar

http://www.organicfoodbar.com/usa/usa.html

The best overall foodbar I've experienced to date is Organics. All natural for people who are hypo-allgergic and sensitive to the ingredients of some of the other foodbars...This bar will be a pleasant relief! My favorite are Chocolate Chip and Active Greens! The Blueberry is great too. Just ordered the protein Organics bars and excited to see this item is now carried by Bodybuilding.com!

asac1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Jay Robb bars - no thanks!

Originally Posted by lolliepop
    The Jay Robb bars. Fudge Brownie and Cashew Coconut both made with Xylitol, egg white protein, organic Almond butter or Cashew Butter, Unsweetened coconut (For Cashew Coconut), Almond pieces (For Fudge Brownie) arabic gum, water, natural flavor, organic agave syrup, organic brown rice crisps, organic brown rice, sea salt, organic brown rice syrup and soy lecithin. For Brownie Fudge About 220 Cal, 10g Fat, 1g Sat, Carb 27g, Fiber 6g, Sugar Alcohol (Xylitol) 16g, Protein 14g. THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BAR OUT THERE. Not alot of crap in them and the taste is WAY GOOD!
    I ordered two boxes based on this suggestion. On paper they are great bars. I had no problems with the xylitol - it tastes very sweet. But, am now sending the remaining 23 bars back. I think they are awful. They taste like half-baked candy. Take a bite and your teeth grind the undissolved sweetener. The one I tried was the peanut butter version. I do not recommend these. They are very expensive.

I'll go back to Clif Builders, a great tasting bar. Only wish they used xylitol instead of so much sugar (chicory syrup - anyone have information on that?). Xylitol is great stuff as it actually has health benefits instead of detriments (sugars, syrups, etc. spike insulin levels, artificial sugars have too many negative side-effects/risks).
    Last edited by asac1; 06-15-2006 at 12:57 PM.

DeliciousWorm has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    New poster, long-time reader... anyways, I was prowling the local 7-11 for a new bar last week, and I came across this great item that I haven't seen anywhere except this one store. It is in the BB.com store, so you could order it...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pre/twist.html

I've never had a Take 5 bar, but I imagine these to be similar, but better for you, at least protein-wise. It's not the overall healthiest bar (would go with ISS Pro-42 for that) but it tastes fantastic. I'd go with the vanilla flavor, personally. The pretzel crunchiness really is a positive change from the dry chunkiness of most protein bars.

I'll be ordering a package to bring on my move, and probably another couple packages after, for snacks when I'm feeling like I've earned it.

That sure sounds like a shill, doesn't it? I guess I'm in the wrong profession.

Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blau is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did a search in the thread, and saw that some people said Clif Bars. I'd have to agree, they're great. The chocolate ones taste like a candy bar or something, I actually want to eat them, I don't have to make myself. I look forward to eating them, they're really that good.

the MacLaren of members pantydropper's Avatar
    pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000) pantydropper is just really nice. (+1000)
    oooooohhhhh aaaaa

StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000) StoneJaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The ones made by labrada.
    5'10"
    183 lbs
    8% bodyfat

LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LJ57 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lately I've been eating alot of the PowerBar Harvest whole grain bars. 10g of protein and 5g of fiber. They taste better than just about any bar I've had. The Oatmeal Raisin Cookie and Toffee Chocolate Chip are the best. They only cost about $0.96 as well.
    "From apes or sons of God, let every act be sacred. " Killing Joke

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If one is strictly concerned with taste the ISS Oh Yeah bars are simply unrivaled! If you put them up against a blind taste test with a typical candy bar there is absolutely no way you'd know the difference.

I am really looking forward to the new ISS waffer bars that are coming out, the chocolate waffer bar will only have 4g of carbs! 4g of total carbs! Man dieting will be a joke! lol.

Other honorable mentions are detour and morso's by optimum.

-Layne

Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sixpack has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any idea when these are coming out Layne? And what type do u eat now.
    thanks

Originally Posted by str8flexed
    If one is strictly concerned with taste the ISS Oh Yeah bars are simply unrivaled! If you put them up against a blind taste test with a typical candy bar there is absolutely no way you'd know the difference.

I am really looking forward to the new ISS waffer bars that are coming out, the chocolate waffer bar will only have 4g of carbs! 4g of total carbs! Man dieting will be a joke! lol.

Other honorable mentions are detour and morso's by optimum.

-Layne
    Official Champion Performance Forum Rep
    www.championperformance.com
    @teamchampion
    20%off all Champion products in November!

"Tough Times Don't Last, But Tough People Do"
    POPS 12-17-89
    "IN GOD WE TRUST"

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar
    str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) str8flexed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sixpack
    Any idea when these are coming out Layne? And what type do u eat now.
    thanks
    i think within the next 3 weeks. I eat a variety. I don't look for the perfect bar because it doesn't exist. I accept them for what they are... not as good as whole foods, but invaluable when you are on the go and pressed for time.

-Layne