Closed Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by HeavyLifta
    chinese + pie = no ketosis
    Bump That

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yah really...

Why waste everyone's time with stupid questions if you're gonna willingly break the first rule of keto dieting: Don't eat lots of carbs?

videogameguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

hehe im stupid

Prime044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dtdionne - maybe you said it somewhere and I missed it, but did you use the keto diet to get where you are?

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey prime, yeah i did and still do to stay there and continue to build muscle. The diet i was on originally, starting in Jan of this year was a little flawed and im kinda paying a price now...this was before i knew the keto diet. I'll explain

I was on a high protein, naturally low carb, ULTRA-LOW fat super clean diet. I ate and still eat TONS of UNCOOKED whole veggis for my carbs (go do the math and see how many veggies you have to eat a day to get 50g's of carbs a day, be sure to note that you subtract dietary fiber from the carb count). And when i say ultra-low i mean 5 g's of fat a day tops. I was eating about 2000 cals a day and i went from about 10% bf on a 9pt to 5% on a 9pt in about 1.5 months (im at 7.5% on a 9pt in the pics i just posted). I LOOKED INCREDIBLE (imo)....but, my fingers were cracking for no reason and then my sex drive vanished. After doing tons of research i have found that men need fat and cholesterol (a good amount) to produce test. So since i wasnt getting any of either from my diet my body just used internal fat until i got really low and it said "i would rather live then keep using what little fat is left" and quit making test. Im still testing this theory. I went to my doc last week, he did a blood test and said that my test levels were very low (210), then i asked him about fat and cholesterol and told him about my diet, he said that that would definatly make test levels drop, he also said that it would take my body 3-5 weeks to get back to normal. Its been about 4 weeks and i would say its a little better but nowhere near what it was (i use my sex drive as an indicator, which has always been VERY healthy...probably a little too much so).

So in a nut shell, yes the diet i was on was a diet that put me into ketosis, but it wasnt correct. The Keto diet RULES! In fact there is a new book out by Mens Health called "The Testostorone Advantage Plan" that is almost the Keto diet to a T, it just isnt focused on cutting as much as it is eating to naturally build test whch we all know build's lean muscle mass. Im about half way thru it now.
    Last edited by dtdionne; 06-20-2002 at 07:56 AM.

flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) flexall454 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey dtdionne check your Private messages. Thanks

dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dtdionne has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    flexall, got it, hope that helps, made and is still making a WORLD of difference for me.

Originally posted by dtdionne
    flexall, got it, hope that helps, made and is still making a WORLD of difference for me.
    You are awesome thanks alot for the info bro.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can women use the Keto and get good results as you men are. I mean, I know I don't want to get too low in body fat, but I am currently at about 25% looking at getting to 16%. I am currently on a high protein mod. carb and low fat. I know women do tend to hold onto fat more so than men, and would love to know if women are getting good results. I have read Nicols journal, which she was using the Keto, but she was already in great shape and had low bodyfat in the begining of her keto diet. She has been lifting for quit some time too and has good lean muscle as well. I am just a begginer, lifting weights for about 1 year. Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Prime044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by dtdionne
    So in a nut shell, yes the diet i was on was a diet that put me into ketosis, but it wasnt correct. The Keto diet RULES! In fact there is a new book out by Mens Health called "The Testostorone Advantage Plan" that is almost the Keto diet to a T, it just isnt focused on cutting as much as it is eating to naturally build test whch we all know build's lean muscle mass. Im about half way thru it now. [/B]
    I appreciate it. So you're consuming more fat now correct?

Flexall, no prob, i love this stuff.

Roxie, yeah it should work great for you, sound like you already have a good understanding of the hardest parts (nutritional info breakdown stuff, carbs, prot, fat, etc.). Have you calculated your daily cal reqs as well as protein, fat, and carb req based on the keto diet yet?

Prime, exactly and a little less protein and a little less fat.

Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Roxie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    dtdionne

thanks for the quick reply, other boards I have been on, it takes usually 2 to 3 days for a reply!

Anyway, from the information I have gathered, I came up with this:

Height: 5'7"
    Weight: 128
    b/f: 25%

I should consume 1280 calories:

96g protein
    30g carbs
    87g fat

I will try and be as accurate as possible and consume 19.2 g of protein, 17.2g of fat and 6g of carbs per meal. Use the 30/30 for my post workout.

Does that sound about right?

Again, thanks for you help

GREAT!!!! Yes, that looks right, i have to get to the gym now, when i get home ill double check the ratios but it looks like you totally get it. Also we can talk about food selection which can be really tough. Talk to you soon.

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question

I'm 205 lbs, 6'3" and 17% bf

here's a couple of questions:

this is my second week and I'm still not loosing anything. I've maybe lost 2lbs all up. Plus my bodyfat has stayed constant everyday. I'm rarely in ketosis, probably been 3-4 days out of two weeks (measured with ketostix), whats happening?

also when I work out, I get half way through my set and its easy, then all of a sudden I can't lift anymore. My fat is at about 60-65%, why?

also does it matter when you do you carb load, I thought doing it from saturday night to sunday night would be best, cuz then you're loaded for the monday workout, is this correct?

please help guys...

Talking

Oh Great, something else that's going to be tough......j/k.

It would be great to see what kind of fats are better then others. I know I use natural no added salt peanut butter. I already eat tuna, eggs, chicken, turkey, lean read meat, and a ton of vegetables. My concern is the fat, I can't seem to get enough in and eating a lot of peanut butter kind of makes me sick to my stomach. I also am lactose intolerant, if that matters.

bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000) bb5-0 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Roxie

As good fats you can also use all kinds of nuts (walnuts, almonds...) or some tbsp of olive oil.
    Age is but a number ! a healthy diet and regular exercice can make you feel and look much younger than you really are !

Originally posted by chrisg
    I'm 205 lbs, 6'3" and 17% bf

here's a couple of questions:

this is my second week and I'm still not loosing anything. I've maybe lost 2lbs all up. Plus my bodyfat has stayed constant everyday. I'm rarely in ketosis, probably been 3-4 days out of two weeks (measured with ketostix), whats happening?

also when I work out, I get half way through my set and its easy, then all of a sudden I can't lift anymore. My fat is at about 60-65%, why?

also does it matter when you do you carb load, I thought doing it from saturday night to sunday night would be best, cuz then you're loaded for the monday workout, is this correct?

please help guys...
    Post a menu of what you have been eating. There are certian foods that can cause stalls in weight loss.

daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) daniel2166 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have about 25g carbs for breakfast and then about 50 the rest of the day in the form of peanut butter and vegetables. This cool?

75 carbs seem like alot to me. I usually try to stay around 50 not including my post work out shake. This is just a general figure everyones tolerance is different, for some it may be 30 others maybe 60 to 80. It varys from person to person.

Oops, I meant 25 in the morning and 25 the rest of the day.

So 50 or maybe a little more.

Well let me ask you this....are you losing weight or at least noticing a difference in the mirror? Also do you have any of the symptoms of being in ketosis?

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Daniel: Getting into Ketosis/Lypolysis, and staying there doesn`t require he same level of carb restriction for everyone.

I can hit Ketosis in less than 19 hours from my standard diet. Most people need 72 or more hours to do this. Of course there are several factors that help.
    1) Even when I`m not in a constant Ketosis state, I only eat about 150 grams of carbs a day. Your body will create Ketones on most diets, but when carbs are lower, it does so more often.
    2) I take ALA. This is still a new supplement, and needs to be further studied to better understand all of it`s functions. That said more and more people use it to help reach ketosis(lets your reach it faster, and eat more carbs and still remain in ketosis/lypolysis).
    3) I do alot of activity to burn stored glucose and glycogen.
    4) I will go a day eating less than 5 grams of carbs. That means I cut Eggs, veggies, all fruits, and cheeses(well I might have a piece of cheese or 2).

- You are possibly eating too many carbs at 75 grams a day(some people need to eat under 30 to remain in ketosis). Unless I was there, and checking you myself, you can tell weither or not you are in ketosis better than I can. Even if you do remain in ketosis for most of the day, you`re likely going in and out several times a day. There`s nothing wrong with that, but will slow any weight loss you`re looking for.

Chrisg:

1) You`re eating too many carbs. If you don`t restrict carbs you will not reach Ketosis/Lypolysis. You may(well there`s very little may about it) need to eat less carbs than you`re eating now.
    2) Why are you at 60-65% fat? I`d take a guess and say; Because that`s how many you`re eating?
    3)You may be having trouble on your lifts for two reasons. First, if you`re not reaching ketosis, your body is still trying to burn glucose and glycogen for energy. With restricted carbs, there is little energy for it to burn. Thus you don`t have the energy to complete your sets. Second, you`re now restricting calories. If you do this you will have less energy than you would if you were eating to mantain your weight.
    4) like flex said, post your diet.

Roxie:

Oils are a great option, the`re cheap, and contain 14 grams of fat per Tbs(you can down 2 tbs oil a day, trust me ).
    Last edited by Caleb; 06-21-2002 at 05:29 AM.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000) Richie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Caleb,what sort of carbs make up your 150 grams? also how much and what brand of ALA are you using? i've got heaps of it (which i use only on weekend carb-ups at the moment) and would like to hear someone elses results and theories on it.Richie

bdp121p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Those Keto Products

Have anyone tried those Keto products. I see them at my health store and I was just wondering. They say that the pizza dough is just 4 g per slice. Oh to have a piece of pizza every few days would be delicious. I am not going to get any if they suck though.
    If you don't wake up in pain, how do you know you survived the night?
    -Brian-

Well most of the lob carb "regular foods" I have tried totally suck. The chips and stuff taste like paste. The bread is just nasty. I have never tried the pizza crust though. I have heard good things about the tortillas though. From what I hear this place has some really good ones but I have never tried them so buyer be ware. The site to get these is latortillafactory of course you have to add the www and the .com

HTH,
    Flex

chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500) chrisg is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here's a typical menu for me:

meal 1: 2 full eggs, 2 beef sausages (1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 2, 3, 4: tuna + peanut butter(1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 5: 2 full eggs, 2 beef sausages (1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 6: peanut butter(1g carbs) + full fat cheese

plus post-workout shake immediately after workout (3 x week) is 30g protein and 30g dextrose.

I think the peanut butter and the sausages are the only things that have any noticable carbs in them.

Thanks for the help...

Originally posted by chrisg
    Here's a typical menu for me:

meal 1: 2 full eggs, 2 beef sausages (1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 2, 3, 4: tuna + peanut butter(1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 5: 2 full eggs, 2 beef sausages (1g carbs) + full fat cheese

meal 6: peanut butter(1g carbs) + full fat cheese

plus post-workout shake immediately after workout (3 x week) is 30g protein and 30g dextrose.

I think the peanut butter and the sausages are the only things that have any noticable carbs in them.

Thanks for the help...
    Well from your menu I dont think you are getting enough carbs, I usually try to stay around 50. Now it may be less for you or even more. The thing to remember here is the fact most people think "hey if I eat less carbs then I will lose more weight", this is totally not true. ( from my experience and from the people I have talked to.) You should try to get most of your carbs from fiberous veggies. Adding in some good carbs and cutting out some of the peanut butter may be just what you need.

Do you have the nasty keto breath? Are you drinking enough water? Until you get into ketosis I would totally cut out the PB, this does cause stalls in many people, including myself.

Originally posted by flexall454

Well from your menu I dont think you are getting enough carbs, I usually try to stay around 50. Now it may be less for you or even more. The thing to remember here is the fact most people think "hey if I eat less carbs then I will lose more weight", this is totally not true. ( from my experience and from the people I have talked to.) You should try to get most of your carbs from fiberous veggies. Adding in some good carbs and cutting out some of the peanut butter may be just what you need.

Do you have the nasty keto breath? Are you drinking enough water? Until you get into ketosis I would totally cut out the PB, this does cause stalls in many people, including myself.

cool, thankx flexall!

Peanut butter...gone!!! And I'll try to chuck in some more veggies.

The funny thing is I just woke up and tested myself and I do have trace amounts of ketones. What's funny is that this always happens for the day after a workout, even though I've just pumped in all the post-workout carbs. Can anyone explain this.

Thanks again for the input flexall...

Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Caleb is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Richie:

My carbs come from these:

Veggies
    Fruit (most kinds)
    Oatmeal
    Soy (granules, TP protein chunks, and grits)
    Whole Wheat bread (per slice, 50 cals, 10g carbs, 1g fiber)
    Legumes

That`s where most of my carbs come from. Keep in mind that I don`t eat 150g carbs when I`m aiming for ketosis.

For ALA I use either AST or NOW foods brands because I can get them pretty cheap.
    Caleb Donnelly

I wrote this.

-Teamwork is good,
    you can blame someone else

sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000) sietchring is just really nice. (+1000)

I just wanna but-in & share....

I've had the worst carb cravings for a day or two after the carb-load. For 3 wks. I’ve been playing with a few supp.'s.

Hydroxy Citric Acid has worked very well in suppressing late night carb cravings for me (taking 3 x 750mg throughout the day). i started taking HCA with 1 dose the night before my carb load day. Then i took a full dose during my carb load day and two days after. Keto keeps me so sated that i think it would be too hard to eat taking HCA any longer.
    Stevia Extract (sugar sub.) has been a god-send! I tested myself with keto stix throughout the week while taking stevia (in moderation of course) and i still remained in ketosis. At last, my journey through keto has become that much sweeter!