Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 7132
    Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Yeah but what if you want fried chicken? Not many options outside of fast food for that where I'm from.
    Go to a fast food joint for it. I go to Culvers for burgers. Understand the point yet?
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    Go to a fast food joint for it. I go to Culvers for burgers. Understand the point yet?
    I guess. Black Angus is a favorite of mine for a steakout in general. I personally think it's better than Chili's or Outback, but I think a lot of people consider it expensive lower-scale, thus hit or miss for people who would probably consider in-n-out to be better quality. Some Black Angus locations vary in service and food quality.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I guess. Black Angus is a favorite of mine for a steakout in general. I personally think it's better than Chili's or Outback, but I think a lot of people consider it expensive lower-scale, thus hit or miss for people who would probably consider in-n-out to be better quality. Some Black Angus locations vary in service and food quality.
    Ever been to LongHorn Steakhouse? It's a chain but I always enjoy their steaks. Although they do offer other items, the key is they specialize in steak.

Edit: just looked up Black Angus, you must be out on the west coast.
    Last edited by Orlando1234977; 04-24-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Edit: just looked up Black Angus, you must be out on the west coast.
    Yeah I'm not much of a hurricane person. Whatever works for you though.

Your steakhouse looks pretty good, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a scale up from Stuart Anderson's Black Angus.

Just curious. Have you ever been to Ruth's Chris? They're nationwide, but my roommate who's a server said they got the best steak.

Your steakhouse looks pretty good, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's a scale up from Stuart Anderson's Black Angus.

Just curious. Have you ever been to Ruth's Chris? They're nationwide, but my roommate who's a server said they got the best steak.
    Yes Ruth's Chris is real good.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Pathetic. People like that is what gave the rise to the chain restaurant junk. How insecure would someone have to be to be concerned with how much the waitstaff kisses yer butt. And you're not going to die waiting for your table/food. And sometimes you have to pay more when the ingredients and supplies cost more. In fact, whenever the waitstaff is weird and overly friendly, I immediately begin to worry about food quality. Applebees/chillis/outback suk. If I want a steak, I'll go to a steakhouse. If I want pizza, I'll visit a pizza parlor, if I want seafood..., if I want BBQ..., if I want wings.... etc
    Completely agree about the ass kissing. I only care about getting a good meal and if I don't like it then I don't complain or leave bad reviews, I just don't go back. They don't need to be overly friendly. Once I was seated I never waited long for a pizza over there. Anyway I have no doubt there would be pizza in the US just as good. If you source the same ingredients and make it the same way with the same attention to detail then you'll get the same results. The problem is fast food joints have made pizza synonymous with "cheap" which of course it should be if you make it with processed garbage from bags with zero care. If it's made the right way with the best ingredients then it's a different story.

Originally Posted by EoR View Post
    LTNS rant. Dom are you pulling 20 plates yet? I fired up up my journal again and I am starting to visit old hunting grounds. *marks territory* Do green, w8, aqua and the usual still hang about? I hope the title is not legit. :/
    Good to see you around my friend. The news is true about T. Sadly will be a year in June.

Haven't been to a gym in nearly 4 years. Trained at my brother's place for a while but haven't lifted in 2 years. Surprisingly I didn't shrivel up probably because I still eat a lot of protein. No idea what I weigh now — probably around 260. Whatever it is it feels right to me. No desire to be up around 300 with a 20" neck. It's one thing to be strong but I kind of went past the point where it was practical. It's not like you need to deadlift 7+ plates in everyday life.

You also start to spread yourself a bit thin when you've got limited time available. When I was training I stopped playing guitar. Now I'm playing guitar again. I'll phase training back in again at some point but with different goals. Also photography is something I enjoy and being a certain weight makes hiking to locations more taxing than it should be.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    Completely agree about the ass kissing. I only care about getting a good meal and if I don't like it then I don't complain or leave bad reviews, I just don't go back. They don't need to be overly friendly. Once I was seated I never waited long for a pizza over there. Anyway I have no doubt there would be pizza in the US just as good. If you source the same ingredients and make it the same way with the same attention to detail then you'll get the same results. The problem is fast food joints have made pizza synonymous with "cheap" which of course it should be if you make it with processed garbage from bags with zero care. If it's made the right way with the best ingredients then it's a different story.

Good to see you around my friend. The news is true about T. Sadly will be a year in June.

Haven't been to a gym in nearly 4 years. Trained at my brother's place for a while but haven't lifted in 2 years. Surprisingly I didn't shrivel up probably because I still eat a lot of protein. No idea what I weigh now — probably around 260. Whatever it is it feels right to me. No desire to be up around 300 with a 20" neck. It's one thing to be strong but I kind of went past the point where it was practical. It's not like you need to deadlift 7+ plates in everyday life.

You also start to spread yourself a bit thin when you've got limited time available. When I was training I stopped playing guitar. Now I'm playing guitar again. I'll phase training back in again at some point but with different goals. Also photography is something I enjoy and being a certain weight makes hiking to locations more taxing than it should be.
    That's really sad news about Tyrbo. I haven't been here in a long time so I don't know everyone's situation. I think I did read the title before but assumed it was just you guys messing about.

So you're still ~260lb and haven't lifted properly for 4 years? That's impressive but like you said if you keep your general fitness/diet on point your body can hold onto solid gains. I am actually going through the opposite now, I've had a re-surge in motivation but I am not training for 1rms. I am still however progressively loading up my lifts, I do A LOT of supersetting, I am talking 4 exercises in a row. I even added a few isolation exercises that I've never concentrated on before in my life. I am only 210lb atm, but my caloric intake is nothing special. I am looking to put on 20lb by the end of this year which I can easily do with more food and more workouts. I still have to take care of the joints as I get older and I actually stopped deadlifting to reduce any fresh injury to my hip.

I don't play as much guitar anymore due to a frantic life but I like to throw in a 30min exercise session to keep up my finger dexterity each week. I constantly listen to music though, pretty much if I am walking anywhere I have my headphones on. I am keenly waiting on a new solo album by Jeff Loomis. I still have to clean all my guitars and gear in my music room, dust and any inactive electronics can be a disaster. I am actually probably going to sell a lot of my redundant gear including a few cabinets, rack units and guitars. Pedal boards are just so much more convenient now, even though I still prefer the sound from a good rack set-up.
    Last edited by EoR; 04-24-2018 at 11:46 PM.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    I don't play as much guitar anymore due to a frantic life but I like to throw in a 30min exercise session to keep up my finger dexterity each week. I constantly listen to music though, pretty much if I am walking anywhere I have my headphones on. I am keenly waiting on a new solo album by Jeff Loomis. I still have to clean all my guitars and gear in my music room, dust and any inactive electronics can be a disaster. I am actually probably going to sell a lot of my redundant gear including a few cabinets, rack units and guitars. Pedal boards are just so much more convenient now, even though I still prefer the sound from a good rack set-up.
    There'd still be some old Eventide and Lexicon gear that would be superior to pedals but that's probably best left for the studio. I had a TC rack for delay but the quality of pedals now forced me to retire it. Replaced it with a Strymon DIG dual digital delay that is true stereo in-out and I have to say it sounds better. Preamp is all tube and runs at 300VDC so it's exactly like an amp. Power amp is solid state and pedal sized so everything sits on a single board and powers a 1x12 cab.

I went a long time without playing but I won't let that happen again. Play a 1994 Ibanez JS1000 which I never really bonded with stock. With how expensive guitars are here I decided to roll up the sleeves and customize it. Fitted a custom neck with larger stainless frets, 16" radius, much fatter neck profile, ebony with roasted quartersawn maple with no finish, worked on the frets, changed the pickups, made pickup covers on the drill press using Schaller ruthenium blanks, rewired it from scratch and reamed out larger holes for CTS pots, did all the setup work on it, and now it's exactly what I wanted which is basically a signature Ibanez without the Ibanez headstock.

EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EoR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have an old JS1000 blue that I bought so long ago! Sh*t Dom I am going to have to take some photos for you. I didn't know you were that into music. At one point I had like 8 Marshall cabinets and 4 mesa boogies, but I did sell a few off and loaned some others. I moved into a smaller place BUT it's location is very good so I had to chop away gear, and I still have way too much. I have some nylon and steel strings, a really sexy Maton I should play more often. I have Jems, Les Pauls, JP music man and a bunch of random guitar - though not all @ this place.

My rack set up was tri-axis, rocktron processor, Mesa simu 2 head, marshall heads and a random compressor all hooked into a midi board. I had more but the rack was too heavy to lug around, it was already around 50kg. I am using tube pedals and just a simple set-up with some mesa speakers now. I neglect my gear too much since I don't jam or play in a band anymore. I've got all sorts of random gadgets too.

I'll take some snaps of my gear and post them some time soon. I actually want to buy a new guitar because as your skills develop your hands really need the right neck dimensions and set-up to make everything more fluid. In fact the guitar I play the most is also the cheapest, purely because my abilities sky rocket on that neck.

I am not that savvy when it comes to customizing gear myself. I know some core basics like replacing tubes, some tricks to lower actions, replace pick ups/switches. But deeper electronics, I know some theory but have zero practice and was always too reluctant to ruin good gear.
    Last edited by EoR; 04-25-2018 at 08:13 AM.
    EoR is powered by unique Nanomolecular Hyperdispersion Technology. Giving him high bioavailability and myocellular saturation.

Here are some snaps I took just then. Inside that case there are more units. I have other stuff but not @ this place and some friends/family have loaned/borrowed others. Those basket draws you can barely see to the left are all filled with gadgets and premium cables. I have a couch and hi-fi set-up on the side and behind. I really should play more, half my gear probably doesn't even work anymore a bit of a waste of money.

I've sold heaps of Marshall quad cabs and some mesa cabinets, I kind of regret selling the mesa ones but I just don't have the need for so many. Mesa Boogie cabs are second to none, you play on clear sound and straight away you cry.

Playing that Maton guitar is better than 5-6/10 sex.

I have an old JS1000 blue that I bought so long ago! Sh*t Dom I am going to have to take some photos for you. I didn't know you were that into music. At one point I had like 8 Marshall cabinets and 4 mesa boogies, but I did sell a few off and loaned some others. I moved into a smaller place BUT it's location is very good so I had to chop away gear, and I still have way too much. I have some nylon and steel strings, a really sexy Maton I should play more often. I have Jems, Les Pauls, JP music man and a bunch of random guitar - though not all @ this place.

My rack set up was tri-axis, rocktron processor, Mesa simu 2 head, marshall heads and a random compressor all hooked into a midi board. I had more but the rack was too heavy to lug around, it was already around 50kg. I am using tube pedals and just a simple set-up with some mesa speakers now. I neglect my gear too much since I don't jam or play in a band anymore. I've got all sorts of random gadgets too.

I'll take some snaps of my gear and post them some time soon. I actually want to buy a new guitar because as your skills develop your hands really need the right neck dimensions and set-up to make everything more fluid. In fact the guitar I play the most is also the cheapest, purely because my abilities sky rocket on that neck.

I am not that savvy when it comes to customizing gear myself. I know some core basics like replacing tubes, some tricks to lower actions, replace pick ups/switches. But deeper electronics, I know some theory but have zero practice and was always too reluctant to ruin good gear.
    Definitely post some photos when you get time. Would love to see them.

I started playing in the late 80s at the tail end of the shred era. Unlike the Youtube generation where there's instant gratification I'd be waiting months for a guitar magazine with something new. Couldn't afford any decent guitars until I got the JS which is probably close to $3000 US in today's money for a current model. The neck just never felt right with tall skinny frets and a 9.5" radius.

Looked like this before I turned it into a partscaster. No regrets at all. I enjoy playing it a lot more now. It's like having a signature model.

You must have ordered some of that Mesa gear through Pro Audio back in the day which was run by Frank Gambale's brother. I used to get their catalogs and stare at that stuff for hours. Mesa Boogie, Tom Anderson guitars, all the expensive studio racks... they had some great stuff in there.

Completely agree about neck dimensions helping your playing and that's why I had one custom made because I couldn't get what I wanted from a production guitar.

If anything comes from stepping back into this thread I hope it's playing guitar again. There's a guitar thread here which could help with motivation. And as always if you ever have a question with anything or advice to share fire away.

Definitely post some photos when you get time. Would love to see them.

I started playing in the late 80s at the tail end of the shred era. Unlike the Youtube generation where there's instant gratification I'd be waiting months for a guitar magazine with something new. Couldn't afford any decent guitars until I got the JS which is probably close to $3000 US in today's money. The neck just never felt right with tall skinny frets and a 9.5" radius.

Looked like this before I turned it into a partscaster. No regrets at all. I enjoy playing it a lot more now. It's like having a signature model.

You must have ordered some of that Mesa gear through Pro Audio back in the day which was run by Frank Gambale's brother. I used to get their catalogs and stare at that stuff for hours. Mesa Boogie, Tom Anderson guitars, all the expensive studio racks... they had some great stuff in there.

Completely agree about neck dimensions helping your playing and that's why I had one custom made because I couldn't get what I wanted from a production guitar.

If anything comes from stepping back into this thread I hope it's playing guitar again. There's a guitar thread here which could help with motivation. And as always if you ever have a question with anything fire away.
    I just posted some pics then before this post. Yeah that's one sexy guitar. I nearly chose music as a career but then figured I didn't want to get sick of playing because I HAD to for money. So I picked more stable paths. However it's still a great passion. I listen to lots of styles but my favorites are instrumental rock, jazz rock/fusion, progressive metal, power metal. Artists like Shawn Lane, Richie Kotzen, Greg Howe, John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, Jason Becker, Al Di Meola etc that have technical abilities but also good composition abilities. At the end of the day, I don't want to listen to studio exercise guitarists that even some GREATS like Guthrie tend to sound. Shawn Lane would be easily my favorite because he was not only IMO the best technically but guitar wasn't even his main instrument. The notes he played weren't dictated by the instrument so what he played on guitar he would also play on the piano etc. His memory and fast-twitch genetics were just unparalleled and he his phrasings were godly. It's easy to play simple phrasings fast which many guitarists do.

One day I'll record myself playing, just audio. I'll put my phone up to the speaker or something when I figure out what works still.
    Last edited by EoR; 04-25-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Thumbs up

Here are some snaps I took just then. Inside that case there are more units. I have other stuff but not @ this place and some friends/family have loaned/borrowed others. Those basket draws you can barely see to the left are all filled with gadgets and premium cables. I have a couch and hi-fi set-up on the side and behind. I really should play more, half my gear probably doesn't even work anymore a bit of a waste of money.

I've sold heaps of Marshall quad cabs and some mesa cabinets, I kind of regret selling the mesa ones but I just don't have the need for so many. Mesa Boogie cabs are second to none, you play on clear sound and straight away you cry.

Playing that Maton guitar is better than 5-6/10 sex.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4UKu3iP.jpg[img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/VLtaRnL.jpg[img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZpyZsAf.jpg[img]
    Really nice collection. Love the floral JEM and SG.

Burnt transparent blue JS with the Lo Pro Edge but no 21st fret inlay would date it somewhere between 1998-2002. I can tell by how worn that cosmo black on the trem is that you played the thing which is great to see.

Rocktron Intellifex, Tri-Axis, Boss Harmonist pedal there, BigShot ABY, Mesa cabs... very nice rig.

Everything is on a 24" pedalboard for me. Axe FX would make it even easier again but I'm still clinging on to analog.

Really nice collection. Love the floral JEM and SG.

Burnt transparent blue JS with the Lo Pro Edge but no 21st fret inlay would date it somewhere between 1998-2002. I can tell by how worn that cosmo black on the trem is that you played the thing which is great to see.

Rocktron Intellifex, Tri-Axis, Boss Harmonist pedal there, BigShot ABY, Mesa cabs... very nice rig.

Everything is on a 24" pedalboard for me. Axe FX would make it even easier again but I'm still clinging on to analog.

Sweet man.

You know your stuff, and would know a lot more than me about technical aspects of gear! I wish I could show you my Les Paul but it's not with me. It's got the lowest action ever with zero buzz. The machine head grooves were also carefully filed down. I am serious when I say I can play anything I want to on that neck, fretting from nowhere just rings any note so clearly. I'd play easily 50%+ more technical phrasings on that guitar that I wouldn't bother on high action piece of sh*t. The only downside is they weigh like 100kg.

I have a music man JP model too but not with me. Yes that Floral Jem is probably the most elaborate of them all, and it cost me quite the penny. I don't go for signature models anymore though I am eyeing that Loomis 8 string. I don't have an 8 string.

Actually I'm never at my vacation resort during hurricane season. This year I hope to have my annual commission goal met by 10/1 and play the rest of the year.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Actually I'm never at my vacation resort during hurricane season. This year I hope to have my annual commission goal met by 10/1 and play the rest of the year.
    I don't know, I'd probably want to experience one at least once in my life. See how it compared to the '89 earthquake.

Sweet man.

You know your stuff, and would know a lot more than me about technical aspects of gear! I wish I could show you my Les Paul but it's not with me. It's got the lowest action ever with zero buzz. The machine head grooves were also carefully filed down. I am serious when I say I can play anything I want to on that neck, fretting from nowhere just rings any note so clearly. I'd play easily 50%+ more technical phrasings on that guitar that I wouldn't bother on high action piece of sh*t. The only downside is they weigh like 100kg.

I have a music man JP model too but not with me. Yes that Floral Jem is probably the most elaborate of them all, and it cost me quite the penny. I don't go for signature models anymore though I am eyeing that Loomis 8 string. I don't have an 8 string.
    Lester, SG, floral JEM, JP, JS, beautiful acoustics.... they need to be hanging on the wall in a room dedicated to music and not locked away in cases.

I've never been into collecting guitars, I only play one, but I can tell it'd be really addictive and picking up a different guitar every day would inspire you and bring out different sounds and ideas.

As for recording, when I started playing again I'd just use my phone because I was writing a lot of new material and any time I came up with an interesting melody, line, or chord sequence I'd record it that way but now I've got to trawl through hours of sh!tty lo-fi when I should have recorded it properly. Picked up a ribbon mic so I can record at low volume late at night.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Do you guys think it'd be inappropriate to take my 3 year old son to see the new marvel movie?

Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    Do you guys think it'd be inappropriate to take my 3 year old son to see the new marvel movie?
    Isn't it more important just to be on the same page with the Mrs?

There are people out there who will think everything you're doing is wrong and that it will harm a child emotionally in some way. Do whatever you think is right for him.

Old man took me to watch movies when I was 3.

Doesn't look like a movie for girls, should be ok.

Brewers win 8 straight.

+

how to close out a playoff game. He does it again.

DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

I watched Child's Play with my dad and my mom's family when I was 3-4.

Lester, SG, floral JEM, JP, JS, beautiful acoustics.... they need to be hanging on the wall in a room dedicated to music and not locked away in cases.

I've never been into collecting guitars, I only play one, but I can tell it'd be really addictive and picking up a different guitar every day would inspire you and bring out different sounds and ideas.

As for recording, when I started playing again I'd just use my phone because I was writing a lot of new material and any time I came up with an interesting melody, line, or chord sequence I'd record it that way but now I've got to trawl through hours of sh!tty lo-fi when I should have recorded it properly. Picked up a ribbon mic so I can record at low volume late at night.

I had a digital track and small recording set-up but no mics etc. I never really learned properly about recording though I do watch a few youtube channels just out of pure interest. A lot of people that I knew IRL that were into music are not in my city anymore or I've lost touch. It's amazing how much you stop doing and forget once you're not a part of an active community. It's one of these things I always say: "Yeah I'll learn it/do it one day" but the years go by and you just throw into the forgotten pile.

But discovering new music, keep up technical abilities is something I've never let go. I used to play like 10-12 hours a day just improvising/picking up by ear music in my room. Years of hard work basically has made guitar like a bicycle. Give me a 10min warm-up and I am blazing away.

I've always wanted to start a youtube guitar channel, I feel I have plenty to bring to the table but once again, time commitments and getting it set-up just turns it into a "One day I will". Maybe I should just pick up a gopro?

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We are. I just always second guess things-- especially as a parent

His wife knows her page.

Tonight at 7:
    Bucks game 6
    Brewers at Chicago (going for 9th straight win)
    NFL Draft

wat do. Thank God for commercial breaks.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

We are. I just always second guess things-- especially as a parent
    Oh, well that's just where I'd think most (any) complication would arise.

Even as far as exposing your kids to such stuff, how that stuff gets handled when it comes back home is crucial.

His wife knows her page.
    Sir I can not.

I'm thinking about starting a thread about something Athlean X said in one of his videos. Just wondering if you guys have any requests? I'm thinking the one where he talks against alternating DB curls.

My man saquon

My man saquon
    They didn't screw it up, ya gotchr bell cow.
    DR. 3time
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

I had a digital track and small recording set-up but no mics etc. I never really learned properly about recording though I do watch a few youtube channels just out of pure interest. A lot of people that I knew IRL that were into music are not in my city anymore or I've lost touch. It's amazing how much you stop doing and forget once you're not a part of an active community. It's one of these things I always say: "Yeah I'll learn it/do it one day" but the years go by and you just throw into the forgotten pile.
    I can completely relate to that but it's when you reflect like this that you realize how important it is to keep doing it.

Outside of exercise and diet nothing makes me feel as good as writing and improvising. I used to think "I wish I'd put more time into piano/keyboards" but now I don't feel that way at all. Guitar is my instrument. Not playing for so long, and by that I mean the guitar was locked in a case for over 10 years, I now appreciate it more. Occasionally I'd pick up my brother's acoustic, tune it to some weird open tuning, come up with an interesting chord sequence, record it on my phone, put it down, and go back to doing something else.

When I picked it up again it was the most humbling thing I've experienced. The chops were gone. It was like standing on the slab of a house that had burned down looking for something that could be salvaged. Bending and vibrato were still there. So I got to work. Pushed through the pain barrier with calluses, reconnected with all the music theory I'd worked on (was writing a book on my own system), started writing music, and started improvising over chords and playing through key changes again.

I knew this guy growing up who would just plug a Strat into a JCM 800 combo with hardly any gain and wail. Didn't need a lot of gain like I did because I was coming from the Satch/Vai way of doing things. When I started playing again I didn't use much gain at all and now that's part of my style. I'm a completely different player today, more like that person I mentioned, so it turned out to be a positive thing.

re: starting a channel, anything you can share would be great. I think it starts with being able to record a decent guitar tone so maybe micing up one of those cabs or using something like Torpēdo C.A.B. That's the one thing I notice with all those popular channels — they've sorted out the audio feed.

Page 129 of 238 FirstFirst ... 29 79 119 127 128 129 130 131 139 179 229 ... LastLast