Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128
Results 3,811 to 3,835 of 3835
    SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how long did it take you guys to get good at producing

I sit there on fl studio for a couple of hours but can never get anything sounding good
    whats a good starting point to learn, like writing melodies or basic music structure ?
    What we do in life echoes in eternity

Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000) Kurnuk is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SilEightySX View Post

I sit there on fl studio for a couple of hours but can never get anything sounding good
    whats a good starting point to learn, like writing melodies or basic music structure ?
    First you would have to define your subjective view of "good". If you're anything like me, your definition of it is always going to be at least two steps ahead of your actual skills. I've been doing this for nearly ten years, god knows how many thousands of hours, and I feel like I still have plenty to learn. If by good you mean good enough to get released on a label, well, that still depends on a lot of various factors, like your musical background, the genre you're focusing on and how recognized the label is.

As for learning to compose and arrange, import a few of your favorite songs into your DAW and start analyzing their structures. Use markers and empty audio/midi clips to mark the positions where kick, bass, percussion etc are active and where the transitions occur. Once you're done you can save the project as a template for later use. After you've done this a few times you start recognize various common ways to structure & arrange a song and how/why they work.

As a general rule of thumb, you need to be able to control the energy of a song in a way that it's main direction is upwards. The progression doesn't have to be linear (breaks and rests are encouraged), but if you wish to keep the listener focused (which you do, unless you're creating background music), your song should climax in its last half, not first.

SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SilEightySX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Made my first drum and bass tune

- https://soundcloud.com/qub3dofficial...nb-project-wip

it needs more work and mastering etc

constructive criticism would be nice
    What we do in life echoes in eternity

Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Skeeeeet is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    trap brahs future type beat check it out let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/r_s27/future-type-beat/s-Ibeub

ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000) ComeRewind is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Brahs, got a Nu Disco feel track here. Let me know what u guise think. ALSO will follow4follow

https://soundcloud.com/anti-social-6/tom-cruise
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

Help Each Other to Get Rich Crew

feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) feck has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ComeRewind View Post
    Hey Brahs, got a Nu Disco feel track here. Let me know what u guise think. ALSO will follow4follow

https://soundcloud.com/anti-social-6/tom-cruise
    cool tune, liked & followed

Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lazlex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wanna start producing edm and I'm really clueless. Only thing I know is to start off by learning how to play the piano. Any brahs recommend a book or something on how to learn the piano?

Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Athletyx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lazlex View Post
    Wanna start producing edm and I'm really clueless. Only thing I know is to start off by learning how to play the piano. Any brahs recommend a book or something on how to learn the piano?
    You don't need to learn the piano to produce edm.

Start buy getting a DAW and diking around for months and years
    -- Forever Bulking --

**Progressive Trance Production**
    **Ableton Crew**
    **Half Asian Half Norwegian Master Race Crew**
    **Dink shrivels while pooping crew**

ANJUNABEATS 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014/2015
    Soundcloud - Soundcloud.com/anthropologyone

shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just finished a new chill sounding EDM track, would love to hear your thoughts

https://soundcloud.com/robodrop/dream
    ★ ☆ ★ MISC Producer/DJ Crew ★ ☆ ★

https://soundcloud.com/ROBODROP

aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aceroa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I mostly record and write rock and metal music but I'm getting more into electronic genres. I still have a lot to learn since it's a completely different style.

Can someone give me advice on how to achieve a bass tone similar to the one used in this track?
    Sounds like it's pulsating

Mexican Crew

Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000) Ascendancy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by aceroa View Post
    I mostly record and write rock and metal music but I'm getting more into electronic genres. I still have a lot to learn since it's a completely different style.

Can someone give me advice on how to achieve a bass tone similar to the one used in this track?

Definitely a a lot EQ cutting out any offending frequencies - a lot of subtracting frequencies vs boosting is what my ears hear. The boosting is definitely in the upper bass/low mid range - just by ear I havent actually "analyzed" the frequencies. As far as it "pulsating" I would say just short choppy notes, followed by longer notes and then setting the attack/decay on a compressor to get it punchy - then probably finished with a bit of saturation and a sidechain. Probably not exactly what they did but I guarantee you can get similar results with what I described

Doucherus Magnificus GnarlySheen's Avatar
    Location: Boom, Bam, Bop, Bada Bop Boom, Pow, Christmas Island
    GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aceroa View Post

You definitely want to get Massive. Its a software synth.

Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beeekay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Fuark i didnt know this thread existed.

Been doing a lot of audio stuff for a couple years. Only really started properly learning now. Mostly write Djent/metal stuff but I'm starting to move over to hip hop to get a breath of fresh air.

Anyone else rap here? Would love to check out your stuff!

codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) codefreeze has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Beeekay View Post
    Fuark i didnt know this thread existed.

Been doing a lot of audio stuff for a couple years. Only really started properly learning now. Mostly write Djent/metal stuff but I'm starting to move over to hip hop to get a breath of fresh air.

Anyone else rap here? Would love to check out your stuff!
    i did, listen to this, just found it lol. this is from 07-08 and in poor quality albeit was properly recorded, but only survived like this. i'm the first guy. i produced it as well (beat's not impressive though). https://clyp.it/u4jrrflx this was us having fun after work or school. if you're starting out i suggest you take it for fun at first.
    Any way of identifying yourself based on something you've done rather than what you have or are?
    No?
    Then I'm not surprised you're unhappy.

Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100) Thenewdream is not very well liked. (-100)
    been producing for 2 weeks

ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000) ChackoshBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I started making beats in Uni about 5 years ago. I made everything on my pc and then I bought an mpc 1000. I could never get it to be a seemless part of my workflow so I ended up selling it...I wish I kept it but I needed the money.

I continued using my computer (mainly hip hop instrumental stuff..I even collabed with an Aussie rapper living in London...1 beat), anyways my pc fuked up a couple of times and I lost everything.
    Fast forward like 5 or so years and I started making beats again with an improved set up and I feel I learned so much this year compared to my first go at it. I've bought a lot of records to sample it just seems things just click better now, plus I'm learning quicker.

I just need to some acoustic foam for my room and I'm thinking of getting a MPC studio and learning ableton 9.5.

Anybody here have the mpc studio? What do you think? Worth it? I want to use it within my DAW
    LFC YNWA

***+***Breaking Bad is the GOAT tv show crew ***+***

Sixto Rodriguez

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Last edited by pu12en12g; 11-03-2016 at 10:39 AM.

butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasgains has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Tfw I was gonna make this thread soon and I now see it already exists dassit mane
    I have a dream, that one day, my username will be ironic.

Chairman of the purge.

Every post by this user is made soley for the enjoyment of cia analysts.

JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JetFalcon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm friend's w/ the girlfriend of Jauz and after he got big he makes it hard to get into his shows. I've supported this guy just going to his shows as a friend, not giving a **** he was a nobody in 2014. Even went to a hotel party show where nobody showed up except friends, it was a sad turn out to see such an empty room.

I'm hoping he will hook me up for his show on Friday in LA. GF is asking if there is room, but there should be. I don't get why he has a limit if it's his own show.

brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50) brahizzle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could you review my newest song? Criticism is also more than welcome

https://soundcloud.com/zinshammer/doyouevenlift

Doucherus Magnificus GnarlySheen's Avatar
    Location: Boom, Bam, Bop, Bada Bop Boom, Pow, Christmas Island
    GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GnarlySheen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SilEightySX View Post

It takes years and hundreds of hours to get decent in the grand scheme of things.

Start studying your favorite tracks.

kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10) kadeunit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Looks like everybody forgot about this thread since the music section was axed haha!! Anyway here is a mix to bump at your parties/predrinks... Happy New Years!!

soundcloud.com/kadeunit/new-year-new-me-party-mix-2017
    Last edited by kadeunit; 12-31-2017 at 08:03 PM.
    soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/kadeunit

shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shoobey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kadeunit View Post
    Looks like everybody forgot about this thread since the music section was axed haha!! Anyway here is a mix to bump at your parties/predrinks... Happy New Years!!

soundcloud.com/kadeunit/new-year-new-me-party-mix-2017
    Not everybody brah

This is pretty good man, it's not easy mixing multiple genres with different tempos together in one mix and you pulled it off! These transitions are pretty nice too and sound smooth! Also, if you are interested in some constructive feedback from a fellow misc dj/producer I think I may have something useful for you
    ★ ☆ ★ MISC Producer/DJ Crew ★ ☆ ★

https://soundcloud.com/ROBODROP

Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Anybody in this thread still active?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1621974391
    Damn

Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jandels has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by votross View Post
    Anyone still here?

Damn. It feels like I got into this music production too late. Wish I could have participated in this thread during its prime.

I just might have to read through the entire thread by myself and use my imagination to relive that golden era of misc.
    Im still here lol. Nobody else is
    Damn