Page 126 of 162 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4855
    TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lunch Session at the YMCA

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
    Work up to a heavy set of 8 reps.
    10x40
    10x50
    8x60
    8x65
    8x70

Time: 8:30

Low Rows (Cable Machine)
    10x80
    10x90
    8x100
    8x110
    8x120

Time: 5:30

Accessory I
    4 Rounds:
    8 Strict EZ Bar Curls, 60 lb
    8 Bar Dips
    20 Decline Sit-ups

Time: 7:05

Accessory II
    4 Rounds:
    8 Straight Bar Preacher Curls, 55 lb
    8 Straight Bar Tricep Extensions (Cable), 80 lb
    16 Alternating Reverse Lunges

Time: 6:10

Conditioning:

Sprints:
    5 Rounds:
    E2MOM, Row 200 Meters
    Splits:
    0:45
    0:45
    0:43

Row 2,000 Meters
    Time: 8:54

Comments: I was going to workout at the house this morning but my daughter woke me up at 3:45AM and it took a while to get back to sleep so I slept in. Managed to get a session in at the Y on my lunch break.

Incline DB Bench: Haven't gone heavy on this lift in about 20 years or so. I've avoided it for a while now because incline (barbell) bench hurts my shoulders really bad and thought the dumbbells might also. After throwing some lighter reps in with my accessory work last week I was delighted to be pain free so I decided to throw these in this week. Nothing wrong with 8x70. I look forward to exploring some higher weights on these and including the at least once per cycle.

Low Rows: Did these as a row variation. Nothing special. Form was super strict and did the job...

Accessory I: I haven't done barbell curls in a long time but wanted to start including them after Shane mentioned it. Thought I would start with EZ bar curls as they had them preloaded at the Y. Combined that with dips and decline sit-ups for a good arm pump and ab workout.

Accessory II: Went with straight bar preacher curls really trying to hit the biceps. Combined those with straight bar tricep extensions and got some more good arm pumpage in. And now, as someone with tons of knee problems, all I can say is that I LOVE reverse lunges. They are so much better on the knees. Since the ankle is still hurting, I held onto the cable rack with one hand to help with balance (but not to pull myself up). These felt good with minimal ankle pain.

I was going to include squats or deads in this session but didn't as my ankle was hurting after climbing in the attic yesterday and a few other stupid things. I took some Advil before going to the gym to help keep the pain down. That seemed to help. I'm hoping to do some deload squats and/or deads later in the week if all goes well. If not then maybe next week. I did try to jog on the track a little bit and was done after only 100 meters or so. The ankle just isn't there yet. What a bunch of BS this has been. Sorry, just venting...

Hope you all have a great day!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Man Trent that was one heck of a lunchtime workout! You got in a lot of good work there. Heck I got a pump in my bis and tris just reading about all of that work. Seriously though nice job.

Sorry to hear about your ankle pain is still bothering you. I know how that is and it's no fun at all. My ankle is still bothering me after my PCT trip in July. All I can say is those things tend to take a lot of time to heal. Be patient to it and you'll be running again before too long.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong work in here Trent. I really like the DBs for pressing. I plan to add a lot more of them in my next cycle. You just can't beat them for versatility, natural movement and the stretch you get with them. Very impressive to knock out 8 x 70s on inclines with those, especially with you not doing them in a long time.

Sorry to hear about the ankle. I know it is frustrating.

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    Man Trent that was one heck of a lunchtime workout! You got in a lot of good work there. Heck I got a pump in my bis and tris just reading about all of that work. Seriously though nice job.

Sorry to hear about your ankle pain is still bothering you. I know how that is and it's no fun at all. My ankle is still bothering me after my PCT trip in July. All I can say is those things tend to take a lot of time to heal. Be patient to it and you'll be running again before too long.
    Thanks so much Greg. Ha ha, yeah, it's been fun to hit some more body building style stuff again. Haven't really done that in 20 years or so. Hopefully these little twigs get a little bigger. Sorry to hear that your ankle is still bothering you after that long. I'm thinking of going to get an xray done in hopes that nothing is broken.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Strong work in here Trent. I really like the DBs for pressing. I plan to add a lot more of them in my next cycle. You just can't beat them for versatility, natural movement and the stretch you get with them. Very impressive to knock out 8 x 70s on inclines with those, especially with you not doing them in a long time.

Sorry to hear about the ankle. I know it is frustrating.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah man, I like dumbbell pressing more than bar pressing. It's just more dynamic and IMO a lot more difficult. Wad pretty surprised to squeak out that set at 70, lol. Thanks so much on the ankle.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

11/19/19: Morning Session at Home

(Superset)
    Overhead Press
    10x75
    10x85
    8x95
    8x95
    8x105

Pull-ups
    8xBW
    8xBW
    8xBW
    8xBW
    8xBW

Time: 13:00

Comments: It turns out that since this latest update, if you turn the ringer volume all the way down on your iphone, the alarm doesn’t go off… Very quick session this morning as a result.

OHP/PU: Accidentally did two sets at 95 but that ended up being a good stopping point anyway.

11/20/19: Morning Session at Home

Accessory
    4 Rounds:
    12 Goblet Squats, 40 lb
    5 Arnold Press, 40 lb
    5 DB Hammer Curls (each arm), 40 lb
    10 Diamond Push-ups
    10 Straight Bar Curls, 45 lb
    12 Back Extensions

Time: 12:15

Conditioning: Metcon
    Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:

3 weighted pull-ups
    6 push-ups on dumbbells
    9 dumbbell squats

*30 lb dumbbells

Post rounds completed: 9 rounds

Comments: Our life has been in upheaval for quite a while now as my wife hasn’t been sleeping well (waking up with headaches, etc.) for over two months. Her bloodwork came back fine so we have been focusing on things in the house that may be causing it. As it turns out, we have abnormally high levels of radio frequency waves, EMF’s, etc. I have never really looked into any of that before and it may not be what is causing her problems, but I’ll tell you, it is exhausting to look into and to try and fix… (Please don't think I'm a fruit loop for entertaining such a thing. I don't really trust what anyone tells me, especially the government, so I will at least listen to and possibly explore strange theories about things... ) So we have had a lot of work being done on the house to try and fix some both obvious and not-so-obvious electrical issues. Then yesterday, our hot water heater died so we have begun the process of trying to go through the home warranty company to get that fixed, which I am dreading. So after this session in the garage, I’ll be going to a hotel room for a shower and then off to work. Life is pretty hectic here…

Accessory: Took advantage of a stand alone accessory session and really killed it. Continuing to blast the arms here. This was a fun combination of movements.

Metcon: Those weighted pull-ups were deceivingly challenging. By the later rounds I was really struggling to do those. For some reason, I have always sucked at holding a dumbbell between my legs to do weighed pull-ups. Maybe its chicken legs. Maybe just a lack of will power? I dunno... So I stopped a lot to wrap the dumbbell in a belt around my waist so it didn't hit the floor and wake everyone up. Good metcon.

Alright folks. I’ll try to stop in to your journals if I get some time at work. Have a good day!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good looking workout today Trent. I've had the sametime happen with my phone (several times unfortunately). For some reason those short workouts, when I'm running behind are some of my best. It looks like you had a good day of pressing and pullups.

That accessory circuit looks like a good one. I'll have to put that one in my notes and try it sometime.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I don't think you're a fruit loop at all. We are exposed to so much more of those things then ever before...it would be miraculous if they didn't have some sort of effect on us. How did you test for the radio frequency waves, EMF's, etc.? I ask because I'm interested in testing my place for that sort of thing as well.

Have a great day!
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

Good looking workout today Trent. I've had the sametime happen with my phone (several times unfortunately). For some reason those short workouts, when I'm running behind are some of my best. It looks like you had a good day of pressing and pullups.

That accessory circuit looks like a good one. I'll have to put that one in my notes and try it sometime.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I don't think you're a fruit loop at all. We are exposed to so much more of those things then ever before...it would be miraculous if they didn't have some sort of effect on us. How did you test for the radio frequency waves, EMF's, etc.? I ask because I'm interested in testing my place for that sort of thing as well.

Have a great day!
    Thanks Greg. The cancer rates are sky rocketing in this country and while the food air and environment seem to be getting cleaner, something is still causing this. My bet is the cellular signals. The big excuse seems to be that "there isn't enough research showing that this is dangerous, etc." Well, there's a cell tower on every block so you better get some damned research done. The "acceptable rates" here in the US are astronomical compared to some other countries. And evidently some research does show that this stuff may be harmful. Anyway, we didn't know this when we bought this house, but it ends up that there is a water tower 0.15 miles away that was converted into a cellular base station. After a month of living here, my wife started waking up with headaches/tired and that eventually lead her to purchase a few of these meters online. While they all vary and I am by no means an expert on any of this, they all seem to agree that the levels of electric field and radio frequency are somewhat elevated in our home. By FCC standards, we are fine. By more strict standards (and nearly all of the meter's operating manuals), these levels are above normal and are "moderately concerning". So on a scale of 1-10. 1 being nothing to worry about and 10 being get the f___ out of there, we are probably at about a 5 or 6. Coincidentally, I took these meters to our old street and tested them out and found the readings to be very low/non-existant. It is important to note that we have elevated electric (EMF) fields in our home that we believe is due to weird/faulty wiring, old switches and outlets, etc., which we are trying to correct. The RF waves we believe are due to our close proximity to the cellular base station (0.15 miles) and somewhat close proximity to an AM/FM radio tower (1.75 miles). We have been exploring different ways to block these RF waves. All options seem to be expensive and I can let you know what we end up doing if you like. If all else fails we may just move, which would be an obvious PITA. As for meters, she has ordered a few of them and returned most of them (mainly just to test them out).

https://www.amazon.com/TriField-EMF-...4264718&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/CORNET%C2%AE-...264739&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.com/Radiation-Cel...4264758&sr=8-6

It is also important to note that we actually had a "certified" EMF/RF guy come out to take readings with (presumably) calibrated and more expensive equipment. He indicated that the levels were somewhat elevated at our house too. It seems that the most common complaints of people who are sensitive to this type of stuff are: headaches, feeling tired, trouble concentrating, irritability, etc. If you are concerned about this, then hopefully some of this was useful to you. I was honestly pissed off to even entertain and explore this in the beginning, but now am (somewhat reluctantly) glad that we did. While there is a possibility that it may not be harmful and we may have nothing to worry about, ultimately, I have to answer the question of "Am I willing to take a chance with the health of my family when it comes to this stuff?" The answer is no, at least for us.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great workouts Trent. I am with you and Greg on the phone issue as well. PITA when it happens!

Sorry to hear about your wife. Man what a crazy thing to have happen. It would never cross my mind to consider what a house's EMF ratings are prior to buying it. I will now though.

Damn tough situation Trent. Hopefully you don't have to move. Has she tried staying away from the house to make sure it is indeed the house?

Hopefully some wiring/ switch changes will cure it. Damn I hate moving and I know you just finished moving in. Hate to hear this Trent.

Great workouts Trent. I am with you and Greg on the phone issue as well. PITA when it happens!

Sorry to hear about your wife. Man what a crazy thing to have happen. It would never cross my mind to consider what a house's EMF ratings are prior to buying it. I will now though.

Damn tough situation Trent. Hopefully you don't have to move. Has she tried staying away from the house to make sure it is indeed the house?

Hopefully some wiring/ switch changes will cure it. Damn I hate moving and I know you just finished moving in. Hate to hear this Trent.
    Thanks Shane. Yeah, I had barely even heard of this stuff before we moved in here and started having these issues. We are looking into going to her parent's house for Thanksgiving. Not that we feel like driving all the way there but at least it gets her out of our house so she can see if it is indeed something with the house that is bothering her. It seems that we have gotten most of the EMF stuff under control but the RF reading are still too high in there and shielding for that is going to be interesting...
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Workout 20.5 (Subbed)
    10 Rounds:
    4 Pull-ups
    4 Ring Dips
    20 SDHPs, 45 lb
    12 KB Swings, 40 lb

Time: 18:32

Comments: Don’t have a ton of time this morning but I’m going to try and fit a metcon in. My ankle is hurting pretty bad today. I don’t recall doing anything crazy yesterday but maybe I did?

Metcon: All of these movements were subbed. None were difficult but the cumulative effort got the sweat pouring out here. Good stuff.

Have a good Friday folks!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Thanks Greg. The cancer rates are sky rocketing in this country and while the food air and environment seem to be getting cleaner, something is still causing this. My bet is the cellular signals. The big excuse seems to be that "there isn't enough research showing that this is dangerous, etc." Well, there's a cell tower on every block so you better get some damned research done. The "acceptable rates" here in the US are astronomical compared to some other countries. And evidently some research does show that this stuff may be harmful. Anyway, we didn't know this when we bought this house, but it ends up that there is a water tower 0.15 miles away that was converted into a cellular base station. After a month of living here, my wife started waking up with headaches/tired and that eventually lead her to purchase a few of these meters online. While they all vary and I am by no means an expert on any of this, they all seem to agree that the levels of electric field and radio frequency are somewhat elevated in our home. By FCC standards, we are fine. By more strict stane dards (and nearly all of the meter's operating manuals), these levels are above normal and are "moderately concerning". So on a scale of 1-10. 1 being nothing to worry about and 10 being get the f___ out of there, we are probably at about a 5 or 6. Coincidentally, I took these meters to our old street and tested them out and found the readings to be very low/non-existant. It is important to note that we have elevated electric (EMF) fields in our home that we believe is due to weird/faulty wiring, old switches and outlets, etc., which we are trying to correct. The RF waves we believe are due to our close proximity to the cellular base station (0.15 miles) and somewhat close proximity to an AM/FM radio tower (1.75 miles). We have been exploring different ways to block these RF waves. All options seem to be expensive and I can let you know what we end up doing if you like. If all else fails we may just move, which would be an obvious PITA. As for meters, she has ordered a few of them and returned most of them (mainly just to test them out).

https://www.amazon.com/TriField-EMF-...4264718&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/CORNET%C2%AE-...264739&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.com/Radiation-Cel...4264758&sr=8-6

It is also important to note that we actually had a "certified" EMF/RF guy come out to take readings with (presumably) calibrated and more expensive equipment. He indicated that the levels were somewhat elevated at our house too. It seems that the most common complaints of people who are sensitive to this type of stuff are: headaches, feeling tired, trouble concentrating, irritability, etc. If you are concerned about this, then hopefully some of this was useful to you. I was honestly pissed off to even entertain and explore this in the beginning, but now am (somewhat reluctantly) glad that we did. While there is a possibility that it may not be harmful and we may have nothing to worry about, ultimately, I have to answer the question of "Am I willing to take a chance with the health of my family when it comes to this stuff?" The answer is no, at least for us.
    Thanks for all of that info Trent. That is very helpful. Now I've to buckle down, do some research, and figure out which meter to buy. I might look into having a "certified" EMF/RF guy come out to my place too. In my house we've all had these various mysterious health issues that have been unexplained. I'm thinking maybe the cell signals or some other electronic noise in our house (wifi router, electric smart meter) might be a culprit. I'd like to test it to find out if there is anything there at the very least.

Thanks for all of that info Trent. That is very helpful. Now I've to buckle down, do some research, and figure out which meter to buy. I might look into having a "certified" EMF/RF guy come out to my place too. In my house we've all had these various mysterious health issues that have been unexplained. I'm thinking maybe the cell signals or some other electronic noise in our house (wifi router, electric smart meter) might be a culprit. I'd like to test it to find out if there is anything there at the very least.
    Glad we could be of some assistance Greg. Probably the best you can count on from one of the Amazon meters is a general measurement of whether it is high or not. I would highly suggest getting a "certified" guy to come out and check things out. Unfortunately, I think you will find that all it takes to get certified in that is probably an internet certification and very few of those guys have degrees or backgrounds in electricity. For us, it is no longer the EMFs that we are concerned about but the RFs. Sadly, there is really no one around here that does RF measurements in people's homes. The FCC governs the measurements at the source but there is no one to measure the cumulative rates (more than one wave entering the same area) in people's homes, which is what we are likely dealing with. We are looking into shielding techniques, all of which are very expensive. Things are not looking good here. I would really hate to move again, especially in this market as that would likely involve moving to an apartment first and then finding another house, etc. But I don't want my family getting cancer either so I guess that is the lesser of two evils.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

(Superset)
    Overhead Press
    Work up to a heavy set of 4 reps.
    10x75
    8x85
    8x95
    6x105
    4x115
    4x125

Pull-ups
    10xBW
    8xBW
    8xBW
    6xBW+15
    4xBW+25
    4xBW+35

Time: 22:20

Accessory
    4 Rounds:
    12 Goblet Squats, 40 lb
    8 Straight Bar Curls, 65 lb
    12 Push-ups on the barbell
    8 GHD Sit-ups

Time: 8:05

3 rounds for time of:
    15 DB power cleans, 40 lb
    15 ring dips

Time: 7:55

Comments: Didn’t sleep well the last two nights. All of the uncertainty about the house and whether we’re moving is really getting to me. I’m just unsettled and very upset about this entire situation. Still, I’m going to try and get a session in this morning.

OHP: Felt strong on these. Couldn’t believe I got 4 reps at 125. Those are like Greg warmup numbers!

Pull-ups: Felt fairly strong here too.

Accessory: Good little combo of movements. I wanted to do more but didn’t have time.

Metcon: Nice and quick.

Ankle: I went to the podiatrist yesterday. He took X rays and did not see any broken bones. He said that it was likely just swelling of the Talus bone or the surrounding “fluid filled sack.” The ligaments, of course, could be injured too. He said to give it another week or two and try to stay off of it. From there, we could try the "laser" or injections.

Have a good day folks!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

2 solid workouts Trent. Moving some good numbers in here on SOHP and +35 on pull ups is no joke. Hopefully you come to a conclusion quickly on your house and you guys can find a way to get through it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Lasers and injections, sounds fun.

2 solid workouts Trent. Moving some good numbers in here on SOHP and +35 on pull ups is no joke. Hopefully you come to a conclusion quickly on your house and you guys can find a way to get through it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Lasers and injections, sounds fun.
    Thanks Shane. That was a good session. Yeah, we are doing a lot to try and figure out the house. Emailing professors, ordering new meters, mold tests, etc. Hopefully this ankle gets better soon...
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

(Superset)
    Bench
    10x135
    8x155
    6x175
    4x185
    4x195
    4x205

Landmine Rows, One Arm, PWO
    10x35
    8x45
    6x55
    4x65
    4x75

Time: 17:20

Accessory
    One set of Bench for max reps, 135 lb: 20
    12 Goblet Squats, 100 lb
    8 Dumbbell Curls (each arm), 30 lb
    12 Back Extensions
    One set of Bench for max reps, 115 lb: 18
    12 Goblet Squats, 100 lb
    12 Back Extensions
    One set of Bench for max reps, 95 lb: 24
    12 Goblet Squats, 100 lb
    12 Back Extensions

Time: 9:30

One set of Straight Bar Curls for max reps, 35 lb: 24

3 rounds for time of:

25 strict pull-ups
    50 push-ups
    75 squats

Time: 16:25

Comments: Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. We fried the turkey up, ate and then spent the rest of the evening cleaning everything up. Ha ha…. Time to hit some bench and rows in the garage.

Bench: Felt pretty decent on these. I was happy to get 4x205. I’ve been doing variations every week of this cycle so this is the first session with actual bench. I’ll take it.

Landmines: First time doing these in a while too. Got them done.

Accessory: Man, I’m starting to feel the lack of conditioning in these accessory sets. Hopefully this ankle gets better soon and I can start running again… Good combo of movements.

Metcon: That got the heart beating. Good stuff.

Hope you all have a great day!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

50-40-30-20-10 reps for time of:
    30 lb DB Power Cleans
    30 lb DB Push Presses

Post time: 16:10

Comments: Got this from crossfit and subbed in DB movements since I didn’t have a wall/medicine ball. Usually I try to avoid insanely repetitive movements like this (150 reps of each), but since I can’t run, this is what I can do… Boy, I will sure look forward to running again…
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Solid workouts Trent. Nice to hit that 4 x 205 on BP. That was a lot to get done with the land mines in 17 minutes.

That accessory work though, wow. Those 100 pound goblets are tough!

I saw a challenge and I thought of you. Take half your weight for goblets and AMRAP it. Passing score is 25 reps.

Solid conditioning workout today. I still think I would rather do that than run though. LoL.

Solid workouts Trent. Nice to hit that 4 x 205 on BP. That was a lot to get done with the land mines in 17 minutes.

That accessory work though, wow. Those 100 pound goblets are tough!

I saw a challenge and I thought of you. Take half your weight for goblets and AMRAP it. Passing score is 25 reps.

Solid conditioning workout today. I still think I would rather do that than run though. LoL.
    Thanks brother. To be fair, the goblet squats were just holding the end of the barbell between my legs. It would be a b!tch to do 25 reps holding a 85 lb kb up at my chest Sounds fun though...
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Thanks brother. To be fair, the goblet squats were just holding the end of the barbell between my legs. It would be a b!tch to do 25 reps holding a 85 lb kb up at my chest Sounds fun though...
    Still tough sets there even with the bb. Yeah man, it is a heck of a challenge. The guy who posted the challenge said the current leader hit 75 reps.

Here is the guy who posted the challenge. No link to the guy who did 75 reps. I think he died before he could post it. LoL.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5c8uQ_JtbH/

Still tough sets there even with the bb. Yeah man, it is a heck of a challenge. The guy who posted the challenge said the current leader hit 75 reps.

Here is the guy who posted the challenge. No link to the guy who did 75 reps. I think he died before he could post it. LoL.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B5c8uQ_JtbH/
    75 reps huh? Forget leg strength, you would have to have the upper body of a greek god to hold up a heavy dumbbell for that long. LOL!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Lunch Session at the YMCA

(Superset)
    Bench
    Work up to a heavy set of 6 reps.
    10x135
    8x155
    6x165
    6x175
    6x185

T-Bar Rows
    10x1.5 Plates
    8x2 Plates
    6x2.5 Plates (Paused)
    6x2.5 Plates (Paused)
    6x2.5 Plates (Paused)

Time: 12:40

Rehab Box Squats (to a 16" Bench)/5 Reps Paused + 5 Reps T&G
    10x135
    10x135
    10x135
    10x135

Time: 8:24

Accessory
    4 Rounds:
    10 Wall Ball Shots, 25 lb Ball
    8 Push-ups on Wall Ball
    6 Dead-Hang Pull-ups
    5 Slow Hanging Leg Raises

Time: 8:00

Conditioning: Intervals/Sprints
    4 Rounds:
    Row 250 Meters
    Jog 200 Meters

Post Rowing Splits:
    0:55
    0:59
    0:56
    0:55

Comments: Slept in this morning and am still struggling after several nights of beer drinking... Getting it done at lunch instead.

Bench: My bar must weight a little less than a regulation bar because these felt about 10 lbs heavier across the board. Oh well, still got them done with good form.

T-Bars: Moved up a little too fast so I just stayed at 2.5 plates and paused each rep at the top. Good stuff...

Squats: Finally back to doing some lower body work. These sets felt tough but good. Well, until after the third set when my hamstring almost cramped up. Ha ha... Stretched it out and got that last set in. No ankle pain.

Accessory: Came up with this on the fly. There were no breaks between sets as everything was right there in one place. The wall ball shots were more of a combo of a wall ball power clean where each rep began with the ball touching the floor and in a full squat. I would then explode up and throw the ball underhanded up to about 8 feet, then catch it back in the bottom of the squat and let it touch the floor again. Those sucked...

Rowing/Jogging: First time running (well jogging) in about a month, since the ankle injury. I kept it nice and easy and only had a little bit of minimal ankle pain. Overall, it felt good to be jogging again and hopefully things will continue to improve. The rows were pretty consistent.

Alright, hoping to get some OHP/Pull-ups in tomorrow morning. Have a great day folks!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Morning Garage Session

(Superset)

Overhead Press
    10x75
    8x85
    6x95
    6x105
    6x115

Pull-ups
    10xBW
    8xBW
    6xBW+15
    6xBW+25
    6xBW+25

Hex Deads (Rehab)
    10x155
    10x155
    10x155
    10x155

Time: 19:20

Accessory
    4 Rounds:
    6 Ring Dips
    10 Ring Rows
    10 SLDL, 115 lb
    10 Back Extensions

Time: 7:55

2 Rounds:
    Max pull-ups: 16; 12
    Max-rep bench press (135 lb): 14; 12
    Max squats in 60 seconds: 65; 59

Post reps

Comments: Dragging this morning, despite having a good night’s sleep last night. Oh well. Out here anyway and am getting after it.

OHP: Felt strong on these.

Pull-ups: Was pumped to squeak out that last set at 35.

Hex Deads: No ankle pain.

Accessory: Good stuff.

Metcon: Nothing crazy but doing all of that back to back essentially equals non-stop max effort. That was a rough 6 minutes or so. Ha ha…

Alright, have a good day folks!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Damn Trent I got behind in the journals for a while and come back in here to see you going full steam ahead! Nice work brother.

Good job on the Bench / TBar Row superset the other day. That combo is one of my favorites. Good job on the box squats too. I hear you about cramping up towards the end...glad you were able to stretch it out and keep going.

That's good news you were able to do some jogging. If you're like me, it drives me crazy when I can't get out and knock off some miles. It sounds like things are healing up so you should be back on the trails pretty soon.

Great workout today too! It looks like you were really strong on the OHP / Pull-up superset. Nice job on the hex deads too. No ankle pain there, after running yesterday is great news man.

Damn Trent I got behind in the journals for a while and come back in here to see you going full steam ahead! Nice work brother.

Good job on the Bench / TBar Row superset the other day. That combo is one of my favorites. Good job on the box squats too. I hear you about cramping up towards the end...glad you were able to stretch it out and keep going.

That's good news you were able to do some jogging. If you're like me, it drives me crazy when I can't get out and knock off some miles. It sounds like things are healing up so you should be back on the trails pretty soon.

Great workout today too! It looks like you were really strong on the OHP / Pull-up superset. Nice job on the hex deads too. No ankle pain there, after running yesterday is great news man.
    Thanks so much Greg. I don't know about full steam ahead but more steam than the last few weeks at least. Yeah, you can't beat Bench/T Bars. I feel you on hundred percent about not being able to run. It really is the worst thing of all to me. I started running when I was 5 years old. Long before I ever even thought about touching a barbell or doing any other type of strength training. And I hope that I can keep doing it for a long time to come. There simply is no better feeling than staying in shape while running through a nice trail or even down a street. Today's session was good. I can definitely feel the reintroduction of leg work. I just got out of the car after driving for 2 hours and was stiff as a board. Lol.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Nice workout Trent. I am pretty sure it is the beers that made the bar feel 10 pounds heavier.

Good to see you able to get some squats and lower body work in again. Glad to hear you were able to get out there and run at my pace. LoL.

Really strong pull ups there Trent. That metcon of max squats in a minute sounds intense. Solid work as usual in here.

Nice workout Trent. I am pretty sure it is the beers that made the bar feel 10 pounds heavier.

Good to see you able to get some squats and lower body work in again. Glad to hear you were able to get out there and run at my pace. LoL.

Really strong pull ups there Trent. That metcon of max squats in a minute sounds intense. Solid work as usual in here.
    Ha ha, thanks Shane. I have never been so thankful to jog again. That was a good session overall.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

On a 20-minute clock:

As many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
    10 strict pull-ups, 20 push-ups, 30 squats

Then, as many rounds as possible in 5 minutes of:
    8 strict pull-ups, 16 push-ups, 24 squats

6 strict pull-ups, 12 push-ups, 18 squats

4 strict pull-ups, 8 push-ups, 12 squats

Post rounds completed:

1. 3 rounds
    2. 3 rounds
    3. 4 rounds
    4. 7 rounds

Comments: Got this one from crossfit. It was supposed to be for 25 minutes with another 5 minute round of lower reps but I shortened it to 20 minutes as that’s all the time I have. Good metcon. The gradual decrease in reps really made it seem pretty even in the beginning rounds and I really hit my “Cindy stride” in that last round and was just blowing it up. Good stuff…

Have a good day folks!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Dude. That was a damn impressive metcon Trent. No wonder your biceps were barking. Heck of a workout!

Have a great weekend. Sorry to see the Panthers lost their coach. I am pretty sure my Falcons are right behind you.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, it looks like this will be a legit rest week now as I seem to have sustained a pretty bad ankle sprain (hopefully) over the weekend. Was it lifting a bunch of weight? No. Running over rugged terrain? No. Fighting a heard of bears? No. I was at a Fall Festival with the family over the weekend and I think I hurt it while riding on the "Cow Train" with my daughter. The "Cow Train" consists of a nice old man pulling everyone in a "train" made of 50 gallon drums that had been turned on their sides with the tops chopped off. The problem was, where your feet go, they were crammed awkwardly between the curved side of the barrell and a 4x4 that you sit on. Once they started whipping around the pond and around the corn field I was holding on tight and bearing down on my feet, which were curled under the wood. I'm thinking that was what did it... Within a few hours it was hurting and swollen. Right now it hurts to move my ankle in any direction. Not fun... Anyway, at least it was a scheduled rest week. Hopefully it gets better soon. If there is no change by the end of the week I'll go to the doctor. That is the same foot that has the broken bone in the front so it has had a ton of x-rays already this year. I would like to avoid any more if possible. Well, that's the news here. Hope everyone hits it hard for me this week!

OMG this is gold! had a good laugh at this and all of the ensuing comments!! You are a good dad, all dads have to humilate themselves in order to entertain their kids...and innocent bystanders.

As for the "bears"...that has given me an idea for a new metcon!

While we are on metcons despite the fact that you are a little beat up, you are getting those in.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

Page 126 of 162 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast