Page 124 of 180 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 5376
    ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Leopold's Holiday Selections are below. They are also doing Buy 5 get one free with code HOL18

Sugar Plum Fairy – Cake batter ice cream with iridescent sugar sprinkles (we call it fairy dust) sprinkled throughout. Perfect for the kid in you!

Frozen Hot Cocoa – Creamy milk chocolate ice cream filled with mini marshmallows and holiday cheer!

Peppermint – Peppermint ice cream with pieces of old fashioned peppermint candies. It’s Christmas in an ice cream!

Eggnog – A superb blend of creamy and spicy. Eggnog and espresso float on a cold winter night? Yes, please!

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a few older reviews backlogged, but after those are posted, and as is with this post, I am going to shorten the lengths of my reviews. A) I don't have a lot of time anymore to write a full length review B) I am losing passion of going into great detail C) I think minor bullet points will be long enough as many of you probably skip over most of the review anyway (or skim through it).

New Orleans Ice Cream Co. Baked Alaska

The vanilla bean base is mediocre at best. I've had worse, but I've also had way better. It has a typical vanilla flavor with only minor hints of the vanilla bean.

The base is more gummy than I would have liked. The bottom line is that New Orleans just isn't as premium as the other heavy hitters in the ice cream game.

I had 3-4 bigger strawberry chunks, but there were also minor bits throughout. They were pretty icy and therefore had a crunchy texture.

The strawberry flavor was actually pretty strong and stood out well against the vanilla bean base. It was more sweet than it was tart.

The cake pieces were lacking even more than the strawberry chunks. Sadly, whenever you did come across them they were dry and hard. They had a slight yellow cake flavor, but were hard to taste between the vanilla bean base and strawberries.

The crunchy meringue pieces and meringue swirl were not even present in this pint. Or at least I didn't notice them if they happened to blend into the base.

This is an interesting take on a dessert that was turned into ice cream. However, it was very poor execution. This is a pass if you ever have the chance to buy it. B-
    I.C.E.D.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/icecreambuythepint/?hl=en

ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADD61 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I definitely read them but I see your point. If people want more detail they can ask...............

ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ugasar has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ADD61 View Post
    I definitely read them but I see your point. If people want more detail they can ask...............
    Much love my man! I figured you did and I really appreciate it. I'm just gonna cut back for a bit and see what happens. It's easier, and like you said, people can ask for more details if they'd like! On spread...
    I.C.E.D.

lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Peeps, next time they run the Jenu's BOGO deal jump on it.

Used up some of my listeria credits. Tonight wemt at Roxbury Road with low expectations. Enjoyed it a lot.

Loaded with caramel swirl, choc base didnt come off as cheap, and plenty of chunky almonds/square squishy marshmallows. It's not on the level of the OG Roxbury Road; but to give you a point of reference, if S&S Honeyed Rocky Road is a 9, this is a 7.5. For the price, solid.

LOL at Listeria credits

Talenti Peanut Butter Fudge Sorbetto

For those unaware, sorbetto is Italian for sorbet. Therefore, this is made with just water, which blows my mind, because the texture is nothing like your typical sorbet.

Maybe it's because it doesn't utilize any fruit or fruit juice, but this isn't near as icy. In fact, I will go as far to say that it is quite creamy. And it's definitely just as creamy as their gelato lineup.

Of course, it takes some time to temper, but it is worth the wait. With that said, it isn't perfect. There is a bit of chalkiness in the base, maybe do to the peanuts and corn starch, but this is minor considering the overall texture.

The flavor of the base isn't the most authentic peanut butter flavor I've scooped, but it isn't artificial either. In terms of saltiness, it is average. I would have liked more salt added into the peanut butter base, but it stood it's own ground fairly well. With that said, there is still a good amount of sweetness from the sugar in there as well.

The fudge swirl was pretty prevalent for Talenti, but of course, I still wanted more. The texture, was pretty good though. It's very thick and gooey. In fact, it's so sticky that it takes multiple licks to get it all off of your spoon.

Chocolate or fudge is one of my favorite combos with peanut butter. The fudge swirl here is very rich. The chocolate is made with cocoa that is slightly bitter. It's still very sweet, but that bitterness really helps it pair nicely with the peanut butter base.

Overall, this pint was well executed. Sure, it could have benefited from a saltier base, but as a non-dairy sorbetto, this is pretty good stuff. I've been sleeping on this one for quite a while, but it's easily worth a scoop. It definitely makes me want to try their chocolate sorbetto pint now, which I will be picking up real soon. B

I.C.E.D.

I'm with you on that grade. It's good but a little over-hyped.

lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lazymuchacho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Folks, do we have any field reports on this month's peppermint bark flavor?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lazymuchacho View Post
    Folks, do we have any field reports on this month's peppermint bark flavor?
    Been meaning to get in and try it but started a new job and am figuring out schedule. Will try to go this week ;o)
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Been meaning to get in and try it but started a new job and am figuring out schedule. Will try to go this week ;o)
    Thank you kindly. Will circle back later in the week to see how things are going.

Honeysuckle Gelato Sea Salted Caramel

Let's cut to the chase. The texture here is pretty bad. I mean, bad in terms of a gelato. It is very icy, and essentially just like a sorbet in terms of consistency.

The base is vanilla bean that is actually very flavorful. It has the perfect amount of smokiness on the tail end of each bite, while also providing that typical vanilla sweetness.

The caramel swirl is everywhere. I was very impressed with the amount of it. It comes in pools, but is also mixed into the base.

However, the consistency is watery for a swirl, and therefore very runny. With that said, you can obviously expect most of it to be at the bottom of the pint, which is exactly what happened.

The flavor of the caramel is sweeter than I would have liked. It also lacked the butteriness that most caramel flavored swirls have. However, the flavor here was more brown sugar sweetness than anything.

I can't recommend this one simply because of the texture, especially considering it's a gelato. However, I was impressed with how well the vanilla bean and caramel flavors paired with one another. Still, it's way too icy and the caramel swirl lacks gooeyness as well. C+
    I.C.E.D.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Working from home both today and tomorrow so i'll report back on the S&S flavor soon.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

As promised....

Salt & Straw's Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cocoa

Ever had an ice cream so dense... it breaks your spoon? Well this one did...

And then.... this happened....

Super, Super Dense Base... humongous chunks of the peppermint candy.... things escalated until the spoon broke... hah!

In generally I'm just not a peppermint guy, but here and there I find it enjoyable in small amounts.

The base ice cream was more of a milk chocolate with a well-balanced peppermint throughout. It did have a natural cocoa element to it, very much like a cup of cocoa you'd sip on, but it wasn't just chocolate... peppermint everywhere for sure (regardless of whether or not you got a mix-in). So, right off the bat for me, even though the flavors were GOOD, I just found it a bit too much peppermint for me... but hey, some people love peppermint.

As far as the mix-ins go... I mean they were huge... they tasted good... but if I'm being honest, they were essentially like a high-class Ande's mint. The darker portion of them wasn't crumbly like a cookie... it was basically a piece of dark chocolate with a piece of white/peppermint chocolate slapped on top. Again, the tastes was fine... they were HUGE chunks... but like I said before it's peppermint everywhere.

I certainly enjoy it for the first 1/2 or so I went through, but my taste buds just don't like too much of it. I kind of wish they just went with a standard chocolate base and left the peppermint to the mix-ins, etc, because that base was ULTRA dense/firm, and it was nice, I just needed more contrast between peppermint and chocolate... one of those things that, if you add it everywhere, it's kind of all you taste.

If you love peppermint and harder chunks of peppermint chocolate fudge, you'll probably really like it.

For me it was just OK...

Score: 7/10

crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    As promised....

Salt & Straw's Chocolate Peppermint Bark Cocoa

Ever had an ice cream so dense... it breaks your spoon? Well this one did...

Super, Super Dense Base... humongous chunks of the peppermint candy.... things escalated until the spoon broke... hah!

In generally I'm just not a peppermint guy, but here and there I find it enjoyable in small amounts.

The base ice cream was more of a milk chocolate with a well-balanced peppermint throughout. It did have a natural cocoa element to it, very much like a cup of cocoa you'd sip on, but it wasn't just chocolate... peppermint everywhere for sure (regardless of whether or not you got a mix-in). So, right off the bat for me, even though the flavors were GOOD, I just found it a bit too much peppermint for me... but hey, some people love peppermint.

As far as the mix-ins go... I mean they were huge... they tasted good... but if I'm being honest, they were essentially like a high-class Ande's mint. The darker portion of them wasn't crumbly like a cookie... it was basically a piece of dark chocolate with a piece of white/peppermint chocolate slapped on top. Again, the tastes was fine... they were HUGE chunks... but like I said before it's peppermint everywhere.

I certainly enjoy it for the first 1/2 or so I went through, but my taste buds just don't like too much of it. I kind of wish they just went with a standard chocolate base and left the peppermint to the mix-ins, etc, because that base was ULTRA dense/firm, and it was nice, I just needed more contrast between peppermint and chocolate... one of those things that, if you add it everywhere, it's kind of all you taste.

If you love peppermint and harder chunks of peppermint chocolate fudge, you'll probably really like it.

For me it was just OK...

Score: 7/10

Your problem is the plastic spoon... I have a certain spoon I use for ice cream eating because it's stonger than all my other ones. My wife even knows it and says she "hates this spoon" because it gets used often.

I received the whole December pack so tried all 5 at lunch. I'll first post my picture of the flavor you reviewed for comparison then review my surprise favorite of the bunch. I will then post the others later.

I found it a decent pint but maybe same grade as you. To me the chocolate tasted more dark and cocoa like then a milk chocolate. I would have preferred more milk chocolate but then again I ma not a chocolate fan and am a white chocolate guy (yes I know it's not real chocolate). I found the peppermint level just fine and added nicely to it. The mix ins, which I didn't see any your size but only ate a few bites, were just okay. A little crunch to them but really didn't add much.

Now for my favorite of the pack. Cinnamon Coconut Eggnog. Yes, I was surprised at how much I liked it. I'm not even the biggest coconut, cinnamon or eggnog fan. I found the combined flavor very good. The eggnog was the primary flavor followed with a ice coconut taste. Hard for me to pick out the cinnamon but it's lightly there. Just a nice smooth and creamy flavor that is enjoyable.

I will say overall the pack is nothing amazing but all flavors are enjoyable enough for me to say worth a one time try. I would describe them all as "safe" flavors (nothing like the habanero one I am still SLOWLY working through from a while back) that do encapsulate the Christmas/Holiday season.

Originally Posted by crpav View Post
    Your problem is the plastic spoon... I have a certain spoon I use for ice cream eating because it's stonger than all my other ones. My wife even knows it and says she "hates this spoon" because it gets used often.
    always amazes me the differences in packed pints and scoop-shop experiences.

Gents,

I went full impulse buy on Clumpies. Flavors sound damn good and the cost was pretty reasonable. Once I start working through them I will keep you updated:

https://shop.clumpies.com/products/c...ures-pint-pack

Quality posts fellas. Genuinely helpful.

It looks like peppermint is staying off the shipment. More room for the pecan or fruitcake pints.

crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) crpav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Next up from S&S is Apple Brandy and Pecan Pie.

Sorry I didn't take more photos after diving in a little more. I didn't eat a whole bunch but enough to give a quick impression. I don't drink so not sure what Brandy is supposed to taste like but this does have a nice vanilla custard base with a good apple taste as well. Not really boozy so that's good in my opinion. I have had some boozy flavored ice creams before and not a fan of the strong taste they have/had. The Pecan Pie was hard for me to discern from the little I had and rushed for time but will have to dig in further and get a better taste of the full flavor of the pint. I can say it's good and worth a try. I rate it above the peppermint so an 8/10. Like above I feel all the flavors are worth at least a try since they are at least above average in my opinion but depends on what you like in terms of flavors.

PSA, don't but the Sweet Potato Casserole flavor next year crew.

They ruined it.

Just finished my 4th pint and all were suuupperrr stingy with the best part: the maple marshmallow swirl.

Pissening.

PSA, don't but the Sweet Potato Casserole flavor next year crew.

They ruined it.

Just finished my 4th pint and all were suuupperrr stingy with the best part: the maple marshmallow swirl.

Pissening.
    (

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I keep forgetting to post from last month's flavors with pictures. Got them uploaded to imgur finally, so here are the pics from the two pints I got in November. My experience with the Sweet Potato Casserole was very different it seems cause I found it to be delicious. Wish I had 5 pints of it now.

The pint had a lot of pecans throughout, including on the very top. They were a great feature and I found them enjoyable combined with both the base and the marshmallow swirl. I already gave my overall review earlier. Mine had a decent amount of the sweet, tad bit salty marshmallow swirl.

As for the Goat Cheese Pumpkin one, it was pretty good but lacked a little. The goat cheese base is good overall and I finished the pint not long ago, but it seemed like it would have been better with pie crust mix-in and not just the swirl of pumpkin. It didn't have as much of the swirl/mix-in pumpkin pie element either so was mostly the goat cheese ice cream base.

Haven't been in to the shop to try out December's. Between the work hours and budget, not sure I'll have a chance but maybe this week. Mostly interested in apple pecan pie and gingerbread.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

One Love won the B&J Limited Batch Vote

A travesty but I didn't expect better................

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    I keep forgetting to post from last month's flavors with pictures. Got them uploaded to imgur finally, so here are the pics from the two pints I got in November. My experience with the Sweet Potato Casserole was very different it seems cause I found it to be delicious. Wish I had 5 pints.
    The pint had a lot of pecans throughout, including on the very top. They were a great feature and I found them enjoyable combined with both the base and the marshmallow swirl. I already gave my overall review earlier. Mine had a decent amount.
    There were plenty of nuts; flashbacks of Little G . Compared to previous years though the swirl was poverty.

It used to be entire layers of marshmallow fluff mixed with maple syrup.

Honestly...I threw my 5th pint in the trash. My patience couldn't take more trolling.

There were plenty of nuts; flashbacks of Little G . Compared to previous years though the swirl was poverty.

Honestly...I threw my 5th pint in the trash. My patience couldn't take more trolling.
    Damn
    Just
    Damn

I just realized Postmates (never even used that service before) will deliver S&S pints to my door within 30min for $11 a pint.

HAHAHA...... what a time to be alive.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 12-15-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)

Ah. This is my first time having it. Didn't notice the maple so maybe I miss out on that a little but eh, having not had the previous meant I still liked this one.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Ah. This is my first time having it. Didn't notice the maple so maybe I miss out on that a little but eh, having not had the previous meant I still liked this one.
    That’s the thing about S&S, they could fall on their collective arse and make an enjoyable pint.

SPC is one of their money pints historically so the hurt be real.......

Picked up two pints from S&S: Cinnamon coconut Egg Nog and then a local-only pint of Beecher's Cheese & Peppercorn Toffee. Previously I had tried a tiny, tiny bit of the Beecher's one, but didn't get any of the toffee so I figured I'd grab it and see what happens.

Might try both tonight, but undecided. I guess it's kind of pointless to review one that no one else can get unless they're local, but the flavor intrigued me:

"aged peppercorn Marco Polo cheese cooked down, turning it into a creamy cheese swirl, drizzled into a salted ice cream along with homemade green and black peppercorn butter brittle for a fruity, salty, savory trifecta of flavor."

I dunno about you but... the salty/sweet lover in me is REALLY looking forward to that one.

Review #1: Salt & Straw's Cinnamon Coconut Eggnog

A very straight-forward and no-frills eggnog flavor here. Nice, rich, warming notes of all the spices and decent but not overwhelming kick of rum mixed in. I didn't get much coconut at all, but a definite bit of cinnamon along the way.

Texture was smooth and creamy, nothing icy despite the vegan factor.

Upon having about 5-6 spoons, I have to say I had enough, but this will be a nice casual snacking pint for a while. Not something I'd really grab again as I prefer more mixed textured and mix-ins but, as far as straight-up eggnog flavors go this is probably the best I've had.

Simple, effective, tasty.

Score: 7.5/10

Review #2: Salt & Straw's Beecher's Cheese & Peppercorn Toffee

"aged peppercorn Marco Polo cheese cooked down, turning it into a creamy cheese swirl, drizzled into a salted ice cream along with homemade green and black peppercorn butter brittle for a fruity, salty, savory trifecta of flavor"

Decided to re-scoop this as my first time I did NOT get much of any mix-ins... it was just a tiny sample.

Such a mixed experience with this flavor second time around. The base is great... it's a touch salty, still sweet, and quite rich. When you happen upon the cheese swirls, it pairs really, really well and you can get traces of a nice sugary sweetness which makes it almost like a blended custard/cheese... smooth yet with a nice cheese sourness bite every now and then.

The peppercorn toffee is where things get interesting... or... maybe, a bit weird? I'm honestly not sure how I feel about them. The toffee is crisp, sweet, and very tasty... but the peppercorn in the toffee gives it this savory kick of heat and, when you get cheese, it totally changes the flavor profile from sweet to savory... and that's just because of the pepper.

I had cases wherein I got base + cheese + toffee but no noticable peppercorn and it was a delicious dessert... but then shortly after I would get down some of that peppercorn and BAM... suddenly everything in the pint changes. Really a unique shift.

Overall though... I don't think I enjoyed the peppercorn element so much as the toffee itself, mainly because it lingers for a long, long time in your mouth, even getting stuck in my teeth and taking a bit to taper off. I think if it was limited to just what you get during any given spoonful, that'd be great -- you'd basically have two unique flavor profiles in a single pint... a really cool idea actually.

But, as it is, those little peppercorns kind of mask everything else for a short while.

if you can manage to navigate cleanly around the toffee and control when/where you get the little pepper kicks... this is quite tasty.

Not a slam-dunk or anything, but it's a pretty cool option and something I'd love for them to explore more... flavors that have this unique ability to morph depending on what is in each bite.

Score: 8/10

Page 124 of 180 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast