Page 12 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
    TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Daily Motivator
    July 6, 2009

A World of Possibilities
    You can make a positive difference. You can move forward from this point on. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have been or what you have done in the past. Though the past indeed has lingering consequences, those things cannot prevent you from moving forward when you're determined and committed to do so.

Nothing can pull you down when you refuse to let it -- not any other person or group or situation or challenge. People just like you have overcome obstacles that truly would appear insurmountable even to the most optimistic person. People just like you have achieved things no one would have thought possible in their wildest dreams.

There are an infinite number of directions in which you can journey from where you are right now. Some will certainly be more challenging, and yet those will also be much more fulfilling. The choice of direction is entirely up to you. So envision your ideal future and then set out to make it happen.
    M O O N spells LBM

http://youtu.be/ip7PPGS7TpE

TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz TheLBM has the mod powerz
    Daily Motivator
    July 7, 2009

You'll Learn
    If at first the task seems overwhelming, remember that you'll learn as you go along. Don't let a lack of knowledge stop you from setting ambitious goals. Much of what you'll need to know, you'll learn in the doing.

Have you ever considered learning a new language? Does the prospect seem overwhelming? Well, you've done it before, and the first time you did it you were just a child. Not only did you learn a particular language, you learned the concept of language, too.

Whatever you need to learn, whether it is a language, a skill, or a new way of thinking, you'll find a way to learn it. You're good at that. It's how you've survived and grown, and made your way in the world thus far.

When you desire to learn, when you have a compelling reason to learn, you will learn. And what you learn will take you to wherever you wish to go.
    M O O N spells LBM

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is another great one. I have a tendency to not want to do things I don't already know how to do!
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    This is another great one. I have a tendency to not want to do things I don't already know how to do!
    but you are so good at everything you try.
    got to step outside your comfort zone
    M O O N spells LBM

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    but you are so good at everything you try.
    got to step outside your comfort zone
    lol - I don't know about that! I am much better than I used to be with it. I'm starting to only like being outside of my comfort zone!

I see my kids doing the same thing. My older son won't play sports because he's not as good as some of the kids. I've started making him practice. I don't want him limited.

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Daily Motivator
    July 7, 2009

You'll Learn
    If at first the task seems overwhelming, remember that you'll learn as you go along. Don't let a lack of knowledge stop you from setting ambitious goals. Much of what you'll need to know, you'll learn in the doing.

Have you ever considered learning a new language? Does the prospect seem overwhelming? Well, you've done it before, and the first time you did it you were just a child. Not only did you learn a particular language, you learned the concept of language, too.

Whatever you need to learn, whether it is a language, a skill, or a new way of thinking, you'll find a way to learn it. You're good at that. It's how you've survived and grown, and made your way in the world thus far.

When you desire to learn, when you have a compelling reason to learn, you will learn. And what you learn will take you to wherever you wish to go.
    I am relearning MATH...BLAH!

Good motivator!
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Another great one!
    journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124597541

I put my faith in the people, but the people let me down, so I turned the other way I carried on anyhow.

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” Chief Tecumseh

Daily Motivator
    July 8, 2009

If You're Ever...
    If you're ever going to do the things you wish to do, now is the time to start. If you're ever going to become the person you know you can become, now is the time to do it. If you're ever going to fulfill the great and wonderful possibilities that are surely yours, now is the moment to begin in earnest.

A full and rich life is yours for the making, but it won't just be handed to you, no matter who you are. Your life, your fulfillment, requires your active and committed participation. And now is the time for that to happen. The past is long gone and the future is yet unavailable to you. Now is when you can make a difference.

What are your dreams, your hopes, your ambitions? Now is the time to follow them with the passion that you know you have. Now is the time for action, for commitment, for purpose. Putting it off until later will only cheat you out of what you could have become. Do it, be it, live it now. It's the grandest opportunity you could ever imagine.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 9, 2009

Imagine the Best
    How many times have the obstacles standing in your way been primarily a creation of your own imagination? Have you ever convinced yourself that you cannot possibly do something, and then later discovered that you can indeed do it?

Consider that many of the limitations which you live with each day may very well be self imposed. Certainly there are very real and formidable challenges which you face. Be careful not to add to them with your own imagined obstacles.

Your imagination is best used to imagine your positive possibilities. Your mind and your imagination are totally under your own control, so use them for to your benefit. Let your imagination enrich your life rather than impede it. Imagine the best for yourself and your world.

What you can imagine, you can become. That is an incredible power. Be sure it's pointed in a positive direction.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 10, 2009

Perfectly Imperfect
    It is difficult to develop a burning desire for that which you already have. And without desire, it is virtually impossible to achieve anything of value.

So remember to be thankful not only for your blessings, but also for the things which you do not have. It is those things, which you desire but do not yet have, that will supply you with enough motivation and determination to bring growth and fulfillment.

What you have will sustain you, and what you don't have will compel you to take action. That fertile space between desire and fulfillment is where you will find much of life's richness.

If the world were exactly to your liking, you would have no need or desire to make a difference. Fortunately, you see the imperfections and the shortcomings every day. You know things could be better than they are, and that knowledge spurs you onward.

The world is perfectly imperfect. You don't have it all. Would you ever want it any other way?
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 13, 2009

No Matter What
    Innovations come from people who have problems. Creativity springs from people who are dissatisfied. The biggest breakthroughs come from those people who face the most formidable challenges.

Great accomplishments are not made by those who say "I'll start on this when I have the time and the money." Greatness comes from those who find a way to express it, regardless of how limited their resources may be.

What is holding you back? Is it really your lack of resources, as you constantly tell yourself, or is that just a convenient excuse? The easiest way is rarely the only way. When was the last time you heard yourself say "no matter what"?

Stop waiting until things are perfect. The obstacles will always be there. They will never just go away. Find a way through them. Stop waiting for "if only" and start living "no matter what."
    M O O N spells LBM

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Daily Motivator
    July 13, 2009

No Matter What
    Innovations come from people who have problems. Creativity springs from people who are dissatisfied. The biggest breakthroughs come from those people who face the most formidable challenges.

Great accomplishments are not made by those who say "I'll start on this when I have the time and the money." Greatness comes from those who find a way to express it, regardless of how limited their resources may be.

What is holding you back? Is it really your lack of resources, as you constantly tell yourself, or is that just a convenient excuse? The easiest way is rarely the only way. When was the last time you heard yourself say "no matter what"?

Stop waiting until things are perfect. The obstacles will always be there. They will never just go away. Find a way through them. Stop waiting for "if only" and start living "no matter what."
    Amazing, amazing quote today Den! Thank you for psoting these!
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Amazing, amazing quote today Den! Thank you for psoting these!
    You are more than welcome
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 14, 2009

Imagine It
    Whatever you can imagine is possible for you. If it were not, how could you even imagine it?

What can you imagine? How big can you dream? Think of all the incredible products, ideas and artistic expressions that didn't exist ten years ago. The possible goes way beyond the probable. Your possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

Look around you at all the incredible things that have been achieved in this world. Each and every one of them existed at one time only in someone's imagination.

What you become begins with what you imagine. It takes more than imagination, to be sure, but imagination is an essential first step. You have the capacity to imagine anything. You might as well make it the very best. What can you imagine? What can you envision? Let your imagination lead you to a extraordinary reality.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 15, 2009

Lasting joy
    The best moments you have ever known are still with you. All the happiness and joy you have ever experienced is a part of you. Indeed, it lives in you. Circumstances most certainly change, from moment to moment, but the good things which you've known never go away.

Deep down inside, you are still the same person you were on the happiest day you've ever experienced. And deep down inside is where things truly matter.

Joy is cumulative and persistent. Think of a happy time and you are happy. The world will often attempt to drag you down and when it does, summon the power of your happiness. Think of the best moments you have ever known. They are still with you. And there are many more to come.

Joy is more than the pleasure of the moment. It is an affirmation that life is very much worth living. It may sometimes get covered up, but it never has to go away. Keep it with you and add to it all that you can.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 16, 2009

It's All for the Best
    In a sense, it is useless to make judgments about things that have already happened. You can put your judgment to better use by applying it to the things over which you have control. And all those things are in the present, not in the past.

So whatever has happened before right now, consider it to be for the best. There's nothing you can do about it anyway. When you truly think of everything that has already happened as being for the best, something almost magical takes place -- you actually start making the best of what has happened.

Indeed, "it's all for the best" is a self-fulfilling appraisal. Certainly there are tragedies, major and minor. Yes, there are many disappointments, too. Are these really for the best? They might as well be. They've happened; they're a done deal. Your best strategy is to emerge with something positive and useful.

Make the best of what has already happened, and you'll get the best of what is to be.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 20, 2009

Glimpse the light
    How do you know that things are bad? It is only by seeing that they can indeed be better. How do you know that you have failed? It is only because you have a very real concept of success. How do you know you're in the dark? It is only because you have glimpsed the light.

The longing which accompanies misfortune is an undeniable confirmation of the very real possibility of good fortune. Even the slightest twinge of discontent is evidence of the greatness that is surely possible for you.

In your disappointment is the affirmation of your possibilities. In the bitter is the grasp of sweetness. The pain of defeat does not prevent victory. Rather, it demonstrates that victory is indeed possible.

Do not be dismayed by your dismay. Find in it the resolve that it carries, and let it push you in a more positive direction.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 21, 2009

Find treasure today
    Find something today for which you can be sincerely grateful and show your appreciation. Find someone today whom you can encourage and lift them up. Find a task today that needs to be done and then take it upon yourself to do it.

Find something you can learn today and add it to your knowledge. Find something you can enjoy, and take pure delight in it. Find a few moments of quiet peace and just let yourself be.

Find a challenge and let it energize you. Find something new and creative to wonder at and admire. Find something timeless and venerable to respect.

There is treasure in every moment, around every corner. Look for it. Find it. Live it. Be it. Fill today with special treasures, every chance you get.
    M O O N spells LBM

Daily Motivator
    July 22, 2009

Forgiveness
    Think of the time and energy a little forgiveness could buy you.

Being frustrated, annoyed or angry uses up your precious time, energy, thoughts and actions. Certainly there are situations worth getting angry about, but do you truly wish to give over even a little bit of yourself to the petty little things which really don't matter?

When someone does something to annoy you, consider how much of your valuable time you could save by forgiving that person, in your own mind, right then. When you forgive before you've even shown any anger, the matter will die and you can quickly move on.

Expect the best from those around you, and you'll very likely get it. Yet when someone falls short of your expectations, don't aggravate the problem by letting it sap your time and energy. Look for a way to quickly forgive and forget.

The more little things you can forgive, the more big things you can accomplish.
    M O O N spells LBM

JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are THE man!
    journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124597541

I put my faith in the people, but the people let me down, so I turned the other way I carried on anyhow.

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” Chief Tecumseh

thanks joel

Daily Motivator
    July 23, 2009

Reaching for perfection
    The way to achieve excellence and perfection is through experience. And experience is filled with mistakes. If it were not, we would not learn very much from it.

It is admirable to aspire to perfection, but foolish indeed to expect that it will come quickly or without mistakes. It certainly pays to expect the best of yourself. It also pays to be realistic. And patient.

Perfection in any endeavor is an aiming point, not a starting point. Let the desire for it push you, but don't let the absence of it stop you. If you're ever going to get anything done, you must start somewhere. More specifically, you must start where you are.

Even in our world of instant fortunes, instant communication and instant gratification, it is still true that anything of true and lasting value takes time and effort. Aim for perfection, and follow the less-than-perfect road that will get you there.
    M O O N spells LBM

I don't always post a comment, but I wanted you to know I read these every day.

Originally Posted by erinlee01 View Post
    I don't always post a comment, but I wanted you to know I read these every day.
    Thanks Erin. I imagine there are a few that read and never post.
    M O O N spells LBM

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I too am a silent observer
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

Originally Posted by daddybeast View Post
    I too am a silent observer
    good to know. I would hate to be posting these and have no one reading them LOL
    M O O N spells LBM

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

I read them every day, Den.
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am here! *waves hi!* although I don't get here everyday (too much freakng crap going on) but I read back and your motivators help me find ground again.

nice avi too btw...christ you look like you are 20 lol. really good job LBMman.

Daily Motivator
    July 27, 2009

Learning more
    The things you already know can be a great foundation for learning even more. Unfortunately, they can also be a stubborn obstacle. Often the more you know, the less you feel you need to learn. But that kind of thinking is based on the entirely false assumption that there is some kind of limit to learning.

In truth, learning has no limits. The world is changing at an astounding pace. Even in a specialized area of knowledge, there is new information every day.

The knowledge you already have can help you immensely in learning and understanding new things. In fact, the value of what you know is, in large part, based on your willingness to use it as a basis for learning more.

Never stop learning. Challenge and supplant your knowledge every day to keep it vital and dynamic.
    M O O N spells LBM

HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HARRYBEAST has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Den this one is my favorite to date!
    The Beast Journey to Elite
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169406293

Best Meet's Total = 1515 (585 Squat, 365 Bench, 565 Deadlift)
    Highest Gym Lifts: Squat: 600 Deadlift: 600 Bench: 400

Proud member of Team Ogre
    "Everybody wants to be strong but most people just don't want to work that hard"

Instagram: harrylifter

bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10) bayou_piper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jeepers she's not Aggressive View Post

I read them all, just not necessarily everyday. They are excellent!
    "One who sees the inaction that is in action, and the action that is an inaction, is wise indeed."

-- The Bhgagavad Gita