Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Originally Posted by Ripped Hans View Post
    That's a little vindictive of him to wish that on someone, isn't it? How Christian.
    It is according what manner he was saying it.. only he could tell us that. But no I dont think he meant it in a bad manner.

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by hokiebird View Post
    I think when Powerman says "get knocked up" he may be thinking what I am thinking. You have a boyfriend his name is AKR and we are assuming you are fornicating since you do not think it is immoral.
    So after everything I have said, you honestly think I wouldn't find it immoral to take the chance of getting pregnant?

Awesome assumption. Even if that were the case, and I was a raging hypocrite, it'd still be a terrible thing for him to wish on the child.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm still waiting for someone to back up this complete and utter bull****.
    X2 WTF

if you think this planet isn't overpopulated then you've got some serious problems.

The only other macroscopic creature that is as abundant as the Homo sapien sapien are the swarming bugs (bees/ants/termites). But they are exempt because they are very small, require few resources and have a lifespan of about 2weeks. Plus, their daily functions in live actually benefit the planet. They are either decomposers (termites and ants) or they are pollinators (bees) which give sustenance (growth of fruit) to larger animals to continue the food chain.

on the other hand.....

We are fairly large beings that need a ton of resources to survive. We are destructive to the planet without replinishing what we destroy and we live for 75+ years, and we eradicate entire ecosystems in order to house more of our kind.

Just go to China go to Japan travel to a largely populated country like India. People are living but they are living in poverty what is the use of making babies when they are going to live in the gallows?

Just like bacteria, the human population is going to go through a log, lag and death phase.

Somehow we are still in a logarithmic phase. Our population is growing exponentially. We will soon enter a lag phase in which we will run out of resources and our population growth will become stagnant. Then the Death phase is when there are so many people that we die from the depletion of resources contamination and waring over territory.

The fact that we are living longer is only speeding up this process.

Exotic Game Hunter NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NuggzTheNinja has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Skwidward View Post
    Do your religious/non-religious beliefs affect your opinions?

Bertrand Russell claimed that in order to be truly happy and feel part of the human race one must have kids.

I have a step son, and the responsibility does stop many things I wanna do. My wife and I have the freedom in summer when he's at his Dad's, and it is nice; but I do miss him. I've always been one to up and move at the drop of hat with ambitions of living all over the world. The beauty of the situation with my step son is that he'll be off to college when I'm 37-plenty of time for crazy live change **** later too. I have also scoffed at soccer mums and family **** quite a bit too, and I'm extremely selfish. However, I have also always wanted a daughter-since before I even met my wife. Not having a another child would allow me to do things I feel I want to do, but I fear it may also be something I'd regret on my death bed or in my "Grandpa" years.

A few years back my wife had a surprise ectopic pregnancy. It was an extremely strange experience learning of my wife's pregnancy and within the hour its abortion. So that kinda has me scared too.

Another thing I'd like to add is that if I ever lost my wife, I'd be lost. It would awesome to have at least a piece of her left. I don't know if anyone's ever used that as a pro for having a kid, but to me, it's quite a significant one.
    Definately want to have kids. Gotta strengthen the tribe, you know. Biologically speaking, a human's purpose is to reproduce. That is the purpose of any living creature, if you look at it that way, so it could be said that the only way to be truly complete and happy is to have children.
    This account was created for the purpose of roleplaying and satire. All posts, messages, images, or other media produced by this Bodybuilding.com profile, including stories, names, references to characters and incidents, and views expressed, are fictitious and intended as parody. No identification or association with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, or products is intended or should be inferred.

XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50) XiZBiT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kids are a pain in the a$$. I enjoy being able to go where were I want, when I want. Buy things I want or really anything else that does not weigh my life down from some useless child. My thoughts could change but I doubt it.
    Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel.

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by XiZBiT View Post
    Kids are a pain in the a$$. I enjoy being able to go where were I want, when I want. Buy things I want or really anything else that does not weigh my life down from some useless child. My thoughts could change but I doubt it.
    not to get off topic....
    who was the guy that originally stated your quote?

in ur frig eatin ur foodz sumguy's Avatar
    sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    not to get off topic....
    who was the guy that originally stated your quote?
    I'd say Stephen F. Roberts.

As for the original question, I don't plan to have kids. But on the other hand, with the current trends the world is heading towards the movie Idiocracy where the trailer park drunk knocks up dumb women and has 5 kids, while the educated, intelligent couple doesn't have any.

in ur frig eatin ur foodz sumguy's Avatar
    sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sumguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by powerman2000 View Post
    I hope you get knocked up.
    Wow, that's creepy.

Originally Posted by sumguy View Post
    I'd say Stephen F. Roberts.

As for the original question, I don't plan to have kids. But on the other hand, with the current trends the world is heading towards the movie Idiocracy where the trailer park drunk knocks up dumb women and has 5 kids, while the educated, intelligent couple doesn't have any.
    well, if thats the direction this word is headed I could care less sine I won't be around to see it and I won't have kids that will be forced to live through it.

Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Max~Power is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by AKR View Post

You bring up selfishness. Personally, I don't think it's more selfish to not have kids. Creating children in itself is a selfish act. If anyone says they're doing it to share their love and share the world, they're full of it. If you want to share, share with a child that already exists, otherwise, you're just showing you're doing it out of selfishness.

I really don't know how anyone can feel they're justified in creating children. Everyone seems to think that they have magical genes, and that their child will be totally special and exempt from the risks involved in life. They're child won't possibly want to commit suicide and/or wish they were never born. And let's also ignore the fact that another human means a greater strain on resources and great output of pollution. Oh no, that's negative thinking, and we can't have that. Let's just ignore reality so we can all feel good about popping out babies.

And Bertrand Russell can suck my balls. That's pretty stupid to claim that people who do not want to or cannot make babies don't feel a part of the human race or can't be happy. ****, there's a whole culture of "child free" adults who do not want children and couldn't be happier about it. I'm part of it. Not having kids was the best thing I've ever done for myself and for the rest of the world. Not just because I'm happier, but because Bipolar runs in my genes (fortunately, I don't have it), and I don't want to add to the most destructive species on the planet.

If you had a child of your own, you whole thinking would change...

just sayin'
    aka: TwYcH
    Pistons, Lions, Tigers, Tide
    4foot: pls go with your fuking pixie dust magical super tracing bend around the corner homing tomahawks.

*Destroying Body Fat Log 2012* - Real Time Review SNS Reduce XT - SNS Focus XT: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141873231
    Day 1: Starting Weight: 180lbs
    Day 51: Current Weight: 174lbs

hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10) hokiebird is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

That's a little vindictive of him to wish that on someone, isn't it? How Christian.

I do not know his motive inn saying it, so I can not determine the answer to your question.

Originally Posted by sheduma View Post
    So after everything I have said, you honestly think I wouldn't find it immoral to take the chance of getting pregnant?

Awesome assumption. Even if that were the case, and I was a raging hypocrite, it'd still be a terrible thing for him to wish on the child.

It is your business what you do in your personal life. But this is a forum and people are going to voice opinions. What do you mean by wish that on a kid?

Originally Posted by NuggzTheNinja View Post
    Definately want to have kids. Gotta strengthen the tribe, you know. Biologically speaking, a human's purpose is to reproduce. That is the purpose of any living creature, if you look at it that way, so it could be said that the only way to be truly complete and happy is to have children.
    That is awesome, I have 2 boys and I would say it has changed my life in so many ways.All of them good.

Misc Armchair Counsellor MantisShrimp's Avatar
    MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000) MantisShrimp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It comes down to freedoms and options for me. My current career is lucrative, but I am not so sure I wanna be doing it in 5-10 years. Kids tend to make [responsible] people more economically conservative, so kids would tie me to a career skillset even more tightly than mere laziness does now.

I can't think of anything worse than being locked into a less than optimal career, saddled with children, and married to someone uninspiring. One of those is mandatory for survival, the other two are not.
    Live Laugh Love,
    MantisShrimp
    Misc Armchair Counsellor

AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AKR is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Max~Power View Post
    If you had a child of your own, you whole thinking would change...

just sayin'

Sorry, but making a baby doesn't change the facts. The fact that you can't say anything besides "you should just have one," shows you have no logical reasoning to support your feelings.