Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So far I have my logo professionally done in different file formats just in case. Got it done for $25, the guy is in Poland. Lol A cool mate and very good.

So far I already send the file format my manufacturer needs, and now is time to work a good price per piece for a small bulk order. The product will come with it own plastic packagingl. I'm looking to buy small good durable shipping cardboard boxes from uline. Going to request some samples first and then see what works better for me.

Is there any certain image codes my product packaging needs to show? In order to be sold or distrusted anywhere? So far it will have my logo, and where it was made.
    Son of Zeus, brother of Hercules, and father of aesthetics

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**
    Look up my thread "Miscers in NY"

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***
    ***Misc Photography Crew***

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Whats the process in simple terms?

I live in the USA.
    I buy a product from some other country..
    Import it..
    And sell the goods I import and keep the profit?

Do I have I create the goods?

For example:

If I wanted to import coffee, could I import it, make deals with local convenience stores, restaurants, cafes, etc and do it that way? Is it necessary for me to create my own website and sell directly from there?

0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 0p3rator is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CarlitosBX View Post
    I recently found this small let's say "jewelry" product very light weight and easy to ship anywhere.

I have noticed is being sold as a brand name the Chinese made up. It has ALOT OF POTENTIAL just the way it looks and it was design because it resembles a brand that is highly well known. But they are not really known in the jewelry industry but another type of industry. Also they do have a similar product but is a little different to the Chinese design. They stated is a replica and I asked if I could have it patent. Im awaiting a reply from the seller she mentioned she will talk to her manager first. Is a product that suits all ages srs.

I noticed is selling like hot cakes those that import small quantities and flip them fast. There are a couple of sellers in ebay already selling it from china. Hence is the reason i want to go ahead and brand it. Because the product can be modify by its color and another feature it has. I want to take this product and be creative with it and come up with different collections.

So far it hasn't been branded by anyone yet. I am already in the work of ordering 2 samples one for guys and females. Before ordering 200pcs with my brand name and logo engraved.

I'm very confident it will sell. But i was also thinking in patenting the product before i start ordering above 1000pcs. My question is, will i have a problem getting the patent? How difficult and how much money would it cost me. Obviously the cost would vary on the lawyer and paperwork. But I'm not sure if I can afford a patent. Also I assume in order to get it patent I need to have a sample of the product and sit down with a CAD designer. To make a legit blue print of size and design of the product and include it with the patent application.

Or I was thinking in just have it re brand under a better name and logo. Import it market ready, I plan to target Europe and the USA. File my dba under my llc company and forget about the patent and make as much money as possible. Then with the money I make come up with my own product and design not yet made. Go to China and find a good manufacturer deal.
    Are you looking at Aliexpress/baba for product ideas, or are you getting your market research from somewhere else? It just seems like everyone interested in I/E would be devouring up the products on there to resell.
    There is simply no other exercise, and certainly no machine, that produces the level of central nervous system activity, improved balance and coordination, skeletal loading and bone density, muscular stimulation and growth, connective tissue stress and strength, psychological demand and toughness, and overall systemic conditioning as the correctly performed full squat.
    -Mark Rippetoe

1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Was op banned because of this thread?
    * MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN Crew*
    *Check a sloots FICO scores to determine if she's worth it Crew*
    *Hotmail Crew*
    *Costco Crew*
    * Your thoughts Crew*
    Oh where oh where has my little Jake gone? Oh where oh where can he be?

Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000) Who? is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm kinda interested in Women's fashion (no homo)..

-Trendy HS/college age fashion items are usually cheap
    -Predictable because of social media
    -Can use instagram/twitter/fb for advertising
    -Can sell to local small business and mall stands
    -Girls talk and mimic each others style
    -Women seem to be more receptive to boutique style selling

If a few miscers went in together we could split the cheaper cost of bulk purchasing, shipping, etc, and use the increased social media presence to our advantage.

From what I understand all I'd have to do is purchase the raw materials/goods online, import them (shipped to me), and sell them on ebay/social-media/blogs/etc? That seems a bit simple.. I assume I'm missing something?

xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xflydie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AliasJR View Post
    how is that going mate, you sold everything? any returns, problems?
    no problems , im not selling fakes or anything . just a customzied item that is popular and no one else makes

VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yea a cheaper alternative way of patenting something new not in the public domain, I would bring 2 products together and do some modifications.

The same products the manufacturer is already producing just simply change things around.

Also if i was to do this later on, would I have to patent the new product in China. To keep the manufacturer from giving it to others. I'm assuming this isn't worth it as they would find a way around it.

I understand a patent is only valid at certain country location is being filed at.
    I will attempt to answer your questions but I think, on the whole, you underestimate how stringent patent requirements are. Conjoining two things would not likely get you a patent (moreover, it would not get you a patent that could stand up in court even if it was initially granted).

Patent protection covers the country that it has been entered into the national phase for. This protects your product from being manufactured, imported or retailed in that country. So even if a China man or Indian is manufacturing your product for dirt cheap and selling it to all comers, nobody in your patented countries would be able to buy it in.

So the main reason to patent it in a country is if you want to prevent it being sold within that country alone.

There are various treaties which expedite the process. I am currently working on a patent going via WIPO (PCT). Thanks to the good cooperation between European countries, I also have the advantage that entering into the national stage does not have to be done for every individual country for Europe (because I can use the EPO to do them all).

Having said this, it sounds like your item would be hard to patent since it is in mainstream production and even if you could make a patentable modification to it, there'd be no point if the original version was still fine for competitors to continue to retail.

For example: Even if I made some modification to the tablet computer (Ipads etc.) and miraculously got a patent for 'a tablet computer with a cherry fragrance emitter' then it wouldn't help me since a plain tablet computer is not covered by that patent and people just want a tablet and don't care about my cherry fragrance emitter. It's not like you can make a mod, get a patent, and then block everyone making any permutation of your patent (such as a devolved permutation).

VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VaderCorp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So far I have my logo professionally done in different file formats just in case. Got it done for $25, the guy is in Poland. Lol A cool mate and very good.

So far I already send the file format my manufacturer needs, and now is time to work a good price per piece for a small bulk order. The product will come with it own plastic packagingl. I'm looking to buy small good durable shipping cardboard boxes from uline. Going to request some samples first and then see what works better for me.

Is there any certain image codes my product packaging needs to show? In order to be sold or distrusted anywhere? So far it will have my logo, and where it was made.
    My guy is Serbian. He's extremely good also!

Codes, certifications and safety standards all depend on what your item is.
    If it's a banana, then it doesn't need a British Standard Electrical safety code on it.
    If it's an electrical device then it doesn't need an FDA-compliant list of nutrients.
    If it's a calculator then it doesn't need a Pharmaceutical Market Authorisation number.
    You get the point.

Originally Posted by Who? View Post

From what I understand all I'd have to do is purchase the raw materials/goods online, import them (shipped to me), and sell them on ebay/social-media/blogs/etc? That seems a bit simple.. I assume I'm missing something?
    It's that simple. But it doesn't mean it's going to be successful. People make too big a deal of the simple processes. You aren't, so this is not directed at you.

Don't think once you have completed that simple process then that's the entire business done.

Imagine it like this:
    Steve Jobs and Wozniak are talking about building this huge, world-changing Apple company up. They are imagining ipads, ipods and imacs and all this **** (i know they didn't plan it all from the beginning but w/e). They are thinking about huge cooperations between music producers and setting up big factories in Korea blah blah blah. Right, think about all the stuff they are considering.
    Then.... can you really imagine Wozniak saying 'Ooh but buying in those microchips might be a bit hard, i think that's a bit too complicated.'
    But wait (!) they get past this giant insurmountable hurdle because a few days later steve jobs arrives and says: 'Hey I managed to buy-in some microchips...we've made it! Success is ours! I managed to order an item from a supplier!?! The world is our oyster!'

Guys.... ordering some stuff from another company is the absolute base-level of starting a business. It's like someone beginning a 4 year Mathematics degree at MIT and getting all anxious about how to organise the logistics of getting to a lecture hall.....

This post is to help you guys get past this mental hurdle. It's not a insult to anyone. These initial steps which look intimidating and complicated are why most of the world are employees, not employers.

psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) psai has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hey vadercorp, how's it going? i was wondering if you could help me with something import/export related. i'm thinking of setting up my own business but i need some advice. could i send you a PM?
    "Psai is the love child of Rick Ross, Ghandi and Oz" - Phoenix9369

"you are going to be an excellent father, loving husband, and an unselfish lover one day" - TellitAgain

"You'll always be my favorite CEO. Always." - Tweedurr

"I have big respect for any young man as hard working as Psai" - Motiviert

Originally Posted by psai View Post
    hey vadercorp, how's it going? i was wondering if you could help me with something import/export related. i'm thinking of setting up my own business but i need some advice. could i send you a PM?
    Yep, no problem!

newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) newb123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hey guys that use alibaba....If you order let's say 500 pieces of an item to resell, does everyone store it in their home? lol. How do some businesses offer so many products on their websites? I gotta think they somehow use dropshippers and not just have a ton of inventory sitting around somewhere waiting to be sold?

CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CarlitosBX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have never owned or started ever an ecommerce business this is my first. I found a product that has been out in public since 2011 lol but since no one as far I know really grabbed the product and re brand it I'm doing it.

Why I am doing it? Because I see 2 problems so far.

1- There's a demand including internationally and they don't know where to order it from. Lol They see pictures but don't know where to order they want the damn product.

2- Some sellers don't ship international. Despite is already being sold on ebay there's a lot of folks that don't know ebay or don't trust the site.

So I'm going to re brand it and start a good reputation for my brand. Ship international, offer free shipping, have a shopify store and just link it to my domain I already bought.

My manufacturer guy agree to take 30% upfront to start production. Hold me misc brahs I'm pulling the trigger. I have to first evaluate EVERYTHING he has send me so far to finalized everything and send the 30%.

I was doing a bit more research last night and I know I will do well so I'm feeling more confident now.

'm at the negotiation stage. Now I am seeing numbers and manufacturing cost for 300 pieces. I'm starting to get real nervous and insecure. Probably because my big weakness is I'm not a real good sale person or marketer. I can probably sell 2-5 pieces to some of my transportation business customers.

I also know a dude in California that knows alot of people. Which I plan in sending him one for free and that way word would start spreading.

Let's get to numbers now. Straight from the manufacturer I'm looking at 3.65 a piece. So is around $1,200 for 300. I also need to order shipping boxes which is around another .50 for 300 boxes. I also plan in giving free shipping because as far as retail price I'm looking to price it at $35 free shipping. I plan to ship international anywhere and with usps. Is small packages so I'm not sure how much would I "loose" in free shipping.

At $35 a pop I need to sell at least 40 pieces to make my money and the rest is profit.

So investing $1,400 is nerve wrecking.

I can send 30% upfront so they start manufacturing. While that buys me more time to make the rest of the money, get shopify going.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

While that buys me more time to make the rest of the money, get shopify going.
    And, most importantly, it buys your full commitment to this mission you have now begun.

Looks like everything is going excellently for you! Good progress in such little time!

Have you calculated taxes (and any duty, if importing from outside U.S.) into your calculations? Make sure you've ticked all the boxes of common-sense and not-so-common-sense things to check.

What's left on your to-do list?

Bear in mind that Shopify take a slice - so you may want to make an e-commerce site via an alternate route.

Originally Posted by VaderCorp View Post
    And, most importantly, it buys your full commitment to this mission you have now begun.

Looks like everything is going excellently for you! Good progress in such little time!

Have you calculated taxes (and any duty, if importing from outside U.S.) into your calculations? Make sure you've ticked all the boxes of common-sense and not-so-common-sense things to check.

What's left on your to-do list?

Bear in mind that Shopify take a slice - so you may want to make an e-commerce site via an alternate route.
    I was posting on another thread but this thread is specifically for the type of business I'm doing.

Also you have been so far the only one posting and willing to give solid advice and questions.

Yes, answering to your first comment. Showing full commitment because honestly the guy has been literally answering any doubt I have and all my emails. I had a hard time believe it or not finding a seller to help me. Some would leave me hanging in PM, Skype messaging and personal email. So it would make me look bad if I don't continue to show to him I'm serious.

I'm also aware I'm leaving a couple of cost fees out. But I'm writing what you mentioned such as shopify fees, importing taxes which I don't know much or how to figure this out. I know I will also include my state tax so it would be $35+0.6% = $36.10.

I'm making a list of everything, breaking down the process and things I need to check in each area.

Such as Shipping, Manufacturing, website, marketing tools ideas, etc...

Right now I need to make another list of concerns and pretty much emai my manufacturer a final revision and answer any doubt I have. Before i send my 30%, I have to open a business account I already have my ein and llc company. I'm going to just file my ecommerce business as an dba under my llc.

Should I go ahead and open the business account and from there send the 30%?

Or should I send it from my personal bank account and then open the business account?

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

I have a connection with a local Indian customer of us.He is a ssoftware engineer an has a friend in India with a Web design company. He said he can get my site done cheap. I don't know how cheap, also I'm starting with one product. Once I accumulate at least 5 or 10 different products il start working on my own ecommerce store.

I think shopify for now is a faster alternative route to start selling. I want to start moving this products as soon as I get them.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000) Ourea is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a connection with a local Indian customer of us.He is a ssoftware engineer an has a friend in India with a Web design company. He said he can get my site done cheap. I don't know how cheap, also I'm starting with one product. Once I accumulate at least 5 or 10 different products il start working on my own ecommerce store.

I think shopify for now is a faster alternative route to start selling. I want to start moving this products as soon as I get them.
    Have you checked with USPS to see how much their business shipping package would cost you? Depending on how much product you're moving the rates would be better than shipping regular mail.

Also, remember that returns do happen and the more you are selling the more problems you will have with buyers.

Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Have you checked with USPS to see how much their business shipping package would cost you? Depending on how much product you're moving the rates would be better than shipping regular mail.

Also, remember that returns do happen and the more you are selling the more problems you will have with buyers.
    No not yet, I plan in visiting my local usps and request more information on this. In the past I have seen a couple of folks walk in with one of their usps plastic containers full of the same small packages. They just drop em off and the usps staff already knows them lol

I do know from Internet search the bigger the shipping volume the cheaper It gets so you are correct.

You will deal with customer problems regardless the business. The important thing is to have a model develop so you are ready to deal with any problems you encounter.

Trust me I deal with customer problems everyday here in our small transportation business lol

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

I'm also aware I'm leaving a couple of cost fees out. But I'm writing what you mentioned such as shopify fees, importing taxes which I don't know much or how to figure this out. I know I will also include my state tax so it would be $35+0.6% = $36.10.

I'm making a list of everything, breaking down the process and things I need to check in each area.

Such as Shipping, Manufacturing, website, marketing tools ideas, etc...

Right now I need to make another list of concerns and pretty much emai my manufacturer a final revision and answer any doubt I have. Before i send my 30%, I have to open a business account I already have my ein and llc company. I'm going to just file my ecommerce business as an dba under my llc.

Should I go ahead and open the business account and from there send the 30%?

Or should I send it from my personal bank account and then open the business account?
    Find your product type on here http://hts.usitc.gov/
    I am from UK but we have an analogous website and you simply navigate to the code via the categories menu (phone them for the % duty if it does not state it on the website).

Yep, lists are the biggest tool to avoid procrastination. If in doubt make a list and further sub-lists to each point until the process is so simplified that you can begin rattling through them. I had about 5 monster lists 30 minutes ago which I reviewed and consolidated down to two lists now that i've checked a load of things off them. I have lists up on my whiteboards too. They are more long term general objectives that will remain up there, ready to be satisfying washed off when i complete them. I also have more day-schedule lists in my apartment so when I wake up I don't need to make a plan, I can just begin the plan I already made the night before (this is an effective strategy i've found).

I'm not sure precisely on how all taxes work in the U.S., but in the UK we have a turnover limit (approx £75k) above which we must register for VAT. This allows you to claim back VAT at the same time as having to pay it... BUT it still costs you more however you look at it. This is in addition to tax paid on profit and capital gains etc.
    It's done this way so that new businesses don't get completely overwhelmed by a load of tax bullsh*t at a time when they have more pressing concerns (like learning how the f*ck to start a business!).

This also ties in to your question about paying the money from your personal account or your business account. If it is simple for you to set up your business account then do it that way. It will make the paperwork easier for the following: You can subtract the amount spent on this purchase from your profit line at the end of your accounting year thus paying less tax. It would also allow you to draw that money back out of the business into your personal account without having to pay income tax, because it would be the repaying of a director's loan to the company, not you paying yourself a wage. You being the director in this example. You could still do this even if you pay it from your personal account if you really wanted to. And also bear in mind that the amount is quite small in comparison to what you hope to be making in a year's time. But it's a learning exercise, which counts for alot.

A fair plan.

However if your various different products are being sold a individual brands, then a specific site for each brand would be alot more successful. It would allow for specific SEO of that niche and a more clear and singular brand identity.

As I understand it, you've rebranded the thing that you are importing. So I assume you have a logo and a general product image that you will want to popularise. For this I'd advise one site per product. Only overlap if it is part of the same range and falling under the same heading. Look at how P&G, Unilever, GSK etc. do it.

A fair plan.

However if your various different products are being sold a individual brands, then a specific site for each brand would be alot more successful. It would allow for specific SEO of that niche and a more clear and singular brand identity.

As I understand it, you've rebranded the thing that you are importing. So I assume you have a logo and a general product image that you will want to popularise. For this I'd advise one site per product. Only overlap if it is part of the same range and falling under the same heading. Look at how P&G, Unilever, GSK etc. do it.
    I want to clarify that by more products I meant more different models under the same product categrory.

I will have different type of collections. They will vary in color and designs etc... You get the idea but is still falls under the same niche or product market.

I already have my brand domain, logo was done in 4+ different file formats just in case.

I will look and re read your tax comment with more time later.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

My guy is Serbian. He's extremely good also!

Codes, certifications and safety standards all depend on what your item is.
    If it's a banana, then it doesn't need a British Standard Electrical safety code on it.
    If it's an electrical device then it doesn't need an FDA-compliant list of nutrients.
    If it's a calculator then it doesn't need a Pharmaceutical Market Authorisation number.
    You get the point.

This is something that seems very important to me as I don't want to have a problem at all Shipping anywhere. Because we are talking as far as Shipping to S. America, Dominican Republic, UK, Spain etc...

Let's use a calculator as an example what kinds of safety standards code would it required? Also these codes would go in the product original packaging correct?

Edit****

Was doing more research and my manufacturer has the following qualifications. Which I'm doing a research on now.

CE,ROHS,REACH,NICKE

FREE ETC certificate
    Intertek factory audit
    SGS factory audit
    Last edited by CarlitosBX; 03-12-2014 at 02:49 PM.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

I already have my brand domain, logo was done in 4+ different file formats just in case.

I will look and re read your tax comment with more time later.
    Ok cool, *.ai is most commonly used in my experience of having packaging printed off and CAD renders for products.

Re: Tax. I slightly modified what I wrote in that paragraph and now it may look like i'm ignoring capital gains when i discuss about the profit line, but infact it's because I deleted a sentence.
    The main thing is this:
    If it's your personal money paying for something, then it means you are using money you have already paid tax on when you earned it. So make sure you keep a record that you used your own personal taxed money so that you don't pay tax on it a second time when you draw it out of your business back into your personal account. Instead you should see it as yourself making a loan to the company. When the company pays the loan back to you, from its profit, you do not have to pay income tax on it because it's repaying a loan, not paying you a wage. The only tax you would pay on it would be if you were charging your company interest on the loan you gave it. In which case you would pay income tax on the interest you charged the company.

That is necessary to stop someone loaning 1 pence to their company at a billion% interest per day, and then withdrawing £100,000.01 the next day, free of income tax.

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just posting because I'm putting in an order shortly to try to start a small side-hustle.

Wont get into it until its up and running and actually works, dont want to get ahead of myself.

Let's use a calculator as an example what kinds of safety standards code would it required? Also these codes would go in the product original packaging correct?
    The codes would generally be already displayed on the product as adhesive labels or on plastic-injection moulded sections. The main thing is to correctly identify the item on the customs label that the post office will stick on your parcels when you post them abroad.

VaderCorp do you have KiK ? I want to go deeper in tax concerns I have.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

The codes would generally be already displayed on the product as adhesive labels or on plastic-injection moulded sections. The main thing is to correctly identify the item on the customs label that the post office will stick on your parcels when you post them abroad.
    On the product specifically? Or can it be on the product packaging like I've seen it. Also I'm a bit confused on what you mean the customs label the post office will stick.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

On the product specifically? Or can it be on the product packaging like I've seen it. Also I'm a bit confused on what you mean the customs label the post office will stick.
    I don't have KiK, sorry.
    You can ask me questions via PM if you don't want to post them on the thread.

Yes it can also be on the packaging and in the accompanying instruction/guarantee leaflets.

When you take a parcel to the post office, they weigh it and measure its dimensions and also ask where it is going. If it is going anywhere outside your national borders then they stick an additional sticker on the parcel exterior. It is small customs declaration of sorts. It is not like the full documentation that a supplier sends with a container of pallets. It just has some room to write what is in the package and the approximate value of the contents.

I don't have KiK, sorry.
    You can ask me questions via PM if you don't want to post them on the thread.

Yes it can also be on the packaging and in the accompanying instruction/guarantee leaflets.

When you take a parcel to the post office, they weigh it and measure its dimensions and also ask where it is going. If it is going anywhere outside your national borders then they stick an additional sticker on the parcel exterior. It is small customs declaration of sorts. It is not like the full documentation that a supplier sends with a container of pallets. It just has some room to write what is in the package and the approximate value of the contents.

I see what you mean now, just remembered when I send a package to Afghanistan. They stick additional labels for custom.

Well so far right now I am putting the email together to my manufacturer as I brainstorm along the process. Once the email is ready I will send it and wait for any concerns of mine to be answered.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***

Should I get a PO Box to use as the company address, iI'm kind of skeptical about using my home address.

Semper Fi

No longer Georgia Crew
    **NY Crew**

***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ***Beard Crew***
    ***Misc Cologne Crew***