Page 100 of 325 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 9750
    swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toad1 View Post
    got dominated buy a 50 year old tighthead 2night, grrrr...i blame the 2nd row tho cos i manged to pop him a fair few times and could hold my own anytime i wanted to. we had that wierd situation where scrums great on thier ball...bad on our ball which i guess being the losehead is my responsiblity. i reallly really need to hit the machine two games and no machine time aint great for me.
    So you got dominated...but could hold your own "when you wanted to"....so it's the lock's fault.

Go ahead and extrapolate a bit on that, please, sir.

Location: edinburgh, scotland, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by swolepatrole View Post
    So you got dominated...but could hold your own "when you wanted to"....so it's the lock's fault.

Go ahead and extrapolate a bit on that, please, sir.
    ok perhaps not all the time, but i mean when i would lock out, my side of the scrum wouldn't move, i just never did it that much as i was trying to attack instead of just defend and i want to get use to doing full scrums and not just locking out and puting the breaks on.

on the 2nd row thing, they would constanly slip their binding underpreser, have weak bindings to start with, driving in the wrong postion head in my armpit kinda thing, they would have week 2nd row to 8 binding where their asses would be wide apart generally very untight. even had a few scrums where our front row was driving and the opostion team never had the ball at the 8's feet and the 2nd and bk row had broken. we just had a very very poor day at the office come srcum time. this is with me in the scrum and watching it.

although in my defence the guy will have been scruming for longer than ive been alive and i don't feel like i got schooled or anything like that plus the team we played are suposed to be 5leagues above us.
    Last edited by toad1; 08-11-2009 at 05:14 PM.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

S&C Coach/ Rugby Coach GregNuthurst's Avatar
    GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10) GregNuthurst is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by joeyjoejnr View Post
    I looking to do the following this season. I play second row and need to bulk up, lose my pot belly and get fitter. I'm trying to eat as much protein as I can (chicken, shakes and eggs)

Monday
    Morning - 3.5 mile jog
    Evening - Weights - (chest and arms)

Tuesday
    Morning - Core (sit ups, crunches etc)
    Evening - Rugby Training

Wednesday
    Morning - 3.5 mile jog
    Evening - Weights (back and shoulders)

Thursday
    Morning - Core (sit ups, crunches etc)
    Evening - Rugby Training

Friday
    Morning - 3.5 mile jog
    Evening - 6-a-side soccer (25-30 mins game time)

Saturday
    Pre-Season/Match day

Sunday
    Rest

Does anyone have any tips on ways to improve this?
    1. No crunches and sit ups. There is enough info out there as to why you shouldn't do these, rugby payers in particular.

2. Strength training component sucks. No lower body, just some bbing split. Stuff ain't rocket science

Option 1. 1 x Full Body strength (Mon or Tues) 1x Full Body Power (Thurs)

Option 2. 1x Upper Strength & 1 x Lower strength (Mon and Tues) Full Body Power (thurs)

Apart for this being what the best do, it has also been shown to produce increases in strength and power over the course of the season.

3. I have no issues with the jogs, especially in the beginning. Some people need more steady state stuff or simply can't go straight into intervals due to level of conditioning. As you are training 2x per week with team, they are essentially to build a base and recovery.

Rugger w/ a throwing prob xxtwistedxx's Avatar
    xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xxtwistedxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GregNuthurst View Post
    1. No crunches and sit ups. There is enough info out there as to why you shouldn't do these, rugby payers in particular.

2. Strength training component sucks. No lower body, just some bbing split. Stuff ain't rocket science

Option 1. 1 x Full Body strength (Mon or Tues) 1x Full Body Power (Thurs)

Option 2. 1x Upper Strength & 1 x Lower strength (Mon and Tues) Full Body Power (thurs)

Apart for this being what the best do, it has also been shown to produce increases in strength and power over the course of the season.

3. I have no issues with the jogs, especially in the beginning. Some people need more steady state stuff or simply can't go straight into intervals due to level of conditioning. As you are training 2x per week with team, they are essentially to build a base and recovery.
    quoted for damn truth... youre an athlete and ure doing a bodybuilding split?? my god man.

combo lifts during season and the two day split is probably best. 3 or more and ure pushing the body to its limits.

55-65% of max heart is used to burn fat. so if ure running in that heart range then ure good for what u want. although it really wont help ure fitness during games.

swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50) swolepatrole will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xxtwistedxx View Post
    quoted for damn truth... youre an athlete and ure doing a bodybuilding split?? my god man.

combo lifts during season and the two day split is probably best. 3 or more and ure pushing the body to its limits.

55-65% of max heart is used to burn fat. so if ure running in that heart range then ure good for what u want. although it really wont help ure fitness during games.

Never understood why you'd want to build a workout around isolation of bodyparts. It's not how your body works.

Agreed. Two days at the most during the season. Hell I've grown 15 lbs (clean) this off-season with about half the weeks only lifting twice. Gotta recover too.

Stick with the jogging, but don't use it as anything more than active recovery or to help the transition into sprinting. Don't use it as a primary means to an end.

Cliffs:
    1 - Compound lifts rule. Isolation lifts drool.

2 - Work hard but don't forget the recovery aspect shouldn't be neglected.

3 - Jog, but don't make it the centerpiece of your running/cardio.

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ok perhaps not all the time, but i mean when i would lock out, my side of the scrum wouldn't move, i just never did it that much as i was trying to attack instead of just defend and i want to get use to doing full scrums and not just locking out and puting the breaks on.

on the 2nd row thing, they would constanly slip their binding underpreser, have weak bindings to start with, driving in the wrong postion head in my armpit kinda thing, they would have week 2nd row to 8 binding where their asses would be wide apart generally very untight. even had a few scrums where our front row was driving and the opostion team never had the ball at the 8's feet and the 2nd and bk row had broken. we just had a very very poor day at the office come srcum time. this is with me in the scrum and watching it.

although in my defence the guy will have been scruming for longer than ive been alive and i don't feel like i got schooled or anything like that plus the team we played are suposed to be 5leagues above us.

we went on scrumming machine at training last night and it made me remember why my ears have mild cauliflower effect lol

Oh and on the u18's thing the rfu has become really strict now i cant train or play til im 17 which thankfully is in a month and even then need a letter from parentals :/

Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gobays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bignik92 View Post
    we went on scrumming machine at training last night and it made me remember why my ears have mild cauliflower effect lol

Oh and on the u18's thing the rfu has become really strict now i cant train or play til im 17 which thankfully is in a month and even then need a letter from parentals :/
    bignik if your a lock you should be wearing headgear or tape your ears cauliflower ears are horrible

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Will87 View Post

What is your routine for each gym session? If you training hard enough and at the right intensity you shouldnt need to do much running. I currently do non and the fittest guy on our team does no running just weight training.

If your going to run then sprint/ interval training twice a week. If you want more info on sprints and weights let me know and i can post some stuff up.
    Originally Posted by decafchicken View Post
    Why the hell would you tell someone not to do cardio. its great to help build his fitness and endurance, congrats to you and the guy on your team must be awesome to not run and still be in great shape.
    If you re-read my OP you will see that i said he wouldnt need too do much. If the season has already started then you should be getting all your fitness sessions in club training. If it is still pre-season i would reccomend 2 interval/sprint sessions not long running......

In a game when would you run for 3.5miles solid..... you wouldnt. At most you do 30 seconds burts.... so train to that intensity!! 5, 10, 22, 50m and the odd 100 sprints to finish off.... then interval!!

Its a common mistake that people believe long distance running will make you loose fat. This is a myth..... after 45 seconds of intense work you body starts to use muscle as a fuel. Hence long distance have no body mass...... short sprint interval training burns fat and helps you build muscle at the same time.
    OFFICIAL RUGBY THREAD http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107034291
    MY TEAM: www.walcotrugby.co.uk

"Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever!!"

Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Will87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    got dominated buy a 50 year old tighthead 2night, grrrr...i blame the 2nd row tho cos i manged to pop him a fair few times and could hold my own anytime i wanted to. we had that wierd situation where scrums great on thier ball...bad on our ball which i guess being the losehead is my responsiblity. i reallly really need to hit the machine two games and no machine time aint great for me.

on the cardio thing i'm a firm believer that you should get more than enough at your team sessions and should only do extra if you can't keep up with your team.

6-12-25 sounds cool can you elaberate on that or is it as simple as it sounds

e.g. bench press id do sumit like 60-100kgs 12-90kgs 25-60kgs roughly or is it more complex

also that program LEGS?????????????????????? and to much core do it as an extra every session not as the main focus of two sessions
    6-12-25 is 6 reps of one exercise, 12 of another, 25 of a final.

I cnat post my entier routine up as a) cost me alot of money and b) dont think many PT's will be happy.

Example of Legs -

6 x Front Squat (Tempo 4 seconds down 1 second up)
    12 x Standing Hamstring Curls (Tempo - 1 up, hold 1, down 2)
    25 x DB Squat [Heels elivated] (Tempo 1 up and 1 down)

180 seconds rest and go again....... 3 sets of this and your legs will feel it!! With my training there was another 3 exercises of 3 sets after this. As soon as i finished the last reps i was pretty much stuck in that position. I could not work for a good 5/10 mins. If you do these exercises properly and to the right tempo you wont be able to walk to the end of the gym for a while.

Its crazy. Doing this on Lower and Upper body 4 times a week made me strip a STONE in 4-5 weeks while getting strength.

Ramu12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramu12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i approve of this message

Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bignik92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gobays View Post
    bignik if your a lock you should be wearing headgear or tape your ears cauliflower ears are horrible
    they dont bother me and headgear and tape are annoying

toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000) toad1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    6-12-25 is 6 reps of one exercise, 12 of another, 25 of a final.

I cnat post my entier routine up as a) cost me alot of money and b) dont think many PT's will be happy.

Example of Legs -

6 x Front Squat (Tempo 4 seconds down 1 second up)
    12 x Standing Hamstring Curls (Tempo - 1 up, hold 1, down 2)
    25 x DB Squat [Heels elivated] (Tempo 1 up and 1 down)

180 seconds rest and go again....... 3 sets of this and your legs will feel it!! With my training there was another 3 exercises of 3 sets after this. As soon as i finished the last reps i was pretty much stuck in that position. I could not work for a good 5/10 mins. If you do these exercises properly and to the right tempo you wont be able to walk to the end of the gym for a while.

Its crazy. Doing this on Lower and Upper body 4 times a week made me strip a STONE in 4-5 weeks while getting strength.

sounds tough ill give it a go 2nte after i do deadlifts although ill need to sub the hamstring curls for something else maybe lunges or good mornings. so its basically a 3 exercise super set.

your mate terry/ you're PT's sound pretty good like.
    people ask me how to train, and i answer "i look at what you do and then i do the exact oposite"

if your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max squat within two months or your family would be executed, would you squat once per week? Something tells me that you'd start squatting every day

sounds tough ill give it a go 2nte after i do deadlifts although ill need to sub the hamstring curls for something else maybe lunges or good mornings. so its basically a 3 exercise super set.

your mate terry/ you're PT's sound pretty good like.
    ive never tried front squats i have it in my mind if i do ill jus drop it or will be very uncomfortbale

ive never tried front squats i have it in my mind if i do ill jus drop it or will be very uncomfortbale
    there not that hard once you get used to them and they are great for core stabilty, you jus have to figure out which grip you prefer crossed arms or olympic style if you can do olympic id do them that way. i feel they are safer than normal squats cos they are alot easier to bail out of and you cant really get stuck under the bar or have it transform into good mornings.

did that 6/12/25 thing the 25db squats where impossible only managed one set of 25 out of 3 sets and it was the middle set, think next time front squats and good mornings alot heavier db squats might end up being bodywieght squats and had no chance of just taking 180secs rest.

there not that hard once you get used to them and they are great for core stabilty, you jus have to figure out which grip you prefer crossed arms or olympic style if you can do olympic id do them that way. i feel they are safer than normal squats cos they are alot easier to bail out of and you cant really get stuck under the bar or have it transform into good mornings.

did that 6/12/25 thing the 25db squats where impossible only managed one set of 25 out of 3 sets and it was the middle set, think next time front squats and good mornings alot heavier db squats might end up being bodywieght squats and had no chance of just taking 180secs rest.
    hahah told you it was a killer.... i was dead everytime i done it. 2 times a week and my legs were short but they are so toned and so much stronger now.

I think i was doing 15kg in each hand for dumbell squat but to start with it was 5kg.... absolute killer. Good some times being in a private gym because you can shout as much as you want. I done it a few times with a mate at fitness first and we got some strange looks when we were rolling around on the floor in pain. This was the routine plus the other threee exercises that made me chunder a few times training.

so you cross ur arms and rets it over ur chest/shoulders

also on the 20 rep deep bretah squats i foudn it hard to keep form and the bar on my back taking deep breaths is this normal

hahah told you it was a killer.... i was dead everytime i done it. 2 times a week and my legs were short but they are so toned and so much stronger now.

I think i was doing 15kg in each hand for dumbell squat but to start with it was 5kg.... absolute killer. Good some times being in a private gym because you can shout as much as you want. I done it a few times with a mate at fitness first and we got some strange looks when we were rolling around on the floor in pain. This was the routine plus the other threee exercises that made me chunder a few times training.
    i finished with 5kg plates but i didn't think it would be that low. started off far to heavy tired 30kg db's got to 12 and just stoped, 2nd set did 25 with 17.5kgs 3rd set was 17.5x10 then 5kgs platesx20.

definatley doing this next week.

another bloody sunday
    Last edited by Bignik92; 08-12-2009 at 01:54 PM.

so you cross ur arms and rets it over ur chest/shoulders

also on the 20 rep deep bretah squats i foudn it hard to keep form and the bar on my back taking deep breaths is this normal
    i basically choke myself with the bar but yeh, and the 20 reps thats exactly it, if your doing it properly it shouldn't be 20 form perfect squats far from it, the bar sliding down your back is a bitch i just re-rak it quickly or start from bottom off the pins.

i finished with 5kg plates but i didn't think it would be that low. started off far to heavy tired 30kg db's got to 12 and just stoped, 2nd set did 25 with 17.5kgs 3rd set was 17.5x10 then 5kgs platesx20.

definatley doing this next week.
    i have jsut checked the weights properly....

Front Squat - 85/90kg
    Hamstring Curls - No 9 on machine so couldnt tell you. This is single single leg so 12 a leg
    DB Squats - 22.5kg

Ok will probably got shot for saying this.... after doing those 3 sets 5 mins rest then on to this.

RDLS (wide grip) - 3 down 1 up, 80kg
    SPlit Squat (using cable pullies, making sure knee goes over front foot hard to explain) - 9 on machine again
    Calf Raises - tempo 1, 1, done this with 60kg on a machine......

This is why i couldnt walk at the end of the session.
    Last edited by Will87; 08-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.

wtf how do i inbed

i have jsut checked the weights properly....

Front Squat - 85/90kg
    Hamstring Curls - No 9 on machine so couldnt tell you. This is single single leg so 12 a leg
    DB Squats - 22.5kg

Ok will probably got shot for saying this.... after doing those 3 sets 5 mins rest then on to this.

RDLS (wide grip) - 3 down 1 up, 80kg
    SPlit Squat (using cable pullies, making sure knee goes over front foot hard to explain) - 9 on machine again
    Calf Raises - tempo 1, 1, done this with 60kg on a machine......

This is why i couldnt walk at the end of the session.
    i went up in weight for the front squats 70-90-100 same with the good mornings 50-70-80.

i don't think i fancy 2 sets of 6/12/25. probably would die.

i also did calfs 2nte although i just did standing calf raises with a barbell and my heels off the ground 20/20/20/50.

i think ill stick with normal deadlifts first then the front squats thing and claf work after it does me fine. really not a fan off romainan or stiff leg deads. plus with the gym i'm at once you walk away from the rack somebody usually jumps in it.

Yay got my form back today i got my place in the district level training camp for 3 days in sheffield for players who made it their district teams. I jus read through the time table looks really really good

like on the first day their is handling training for an hour, lunch, contact training, pool recovery, then a formal dinner in the evening. thats roughly what happening on first day looks to be really good and some of the bets coaches from yorkshire will be coaching.

I was won over when i saw pool recovery

in second day we do some weight training and stuff too looks set to be very good

and i get a this seasons south yorkshire kit, a south yorkshire tracksuit, polo shirt, dress shirt ^^

Congrats.....

Get as much stash as you can!! Always good when your routing through the draw and you see an old tshirt from a few years ago and brings back a few memories..... I have had to box up some of my stash as my cupboards are fulll of it.

Congrats.....

Get as much stash as you can!! Always good when your routing through the draw and you see an old tshirt from a few years ago and brings back a few memories..... I have had to box up some of my stash as my cupboards are fulll of it.
    yer i always check away teams changing rooms when theyve gone cos 9/10 someone leaves sumart so its a free bit of stash

and its a morale boost for team when you turn up in your rivals shirt for training lol

i cant do the 20 reps squats i get pins and needles in my arms and hands after 8 reps and on the 10threp jus lose feeling and get dead arms so im gonna return to rippetoes style workout i had good results but im gonna throw in front squats with back squats

i did them tday 3x8 with 40kg and they felt really good i liked them jus they dig into ur shoulders which is annoying

lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lewis22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What plyometric excericses do you all do on here for rugby?

i cant do the 20 reps squats i get pins and needles in my arms and hands after 8 reps and on the 10threp jus lose feeling and get dead arms so im gonna return to rippetoes style workout i had good results but im gonna throw in front squats with back squats

i did them tday 3x8 with 40kg and they felt really good i liked them jus they dig into ur shoulders which is annoying
    Mate dont worry about your shoulders. I am covered in brusies from weight lifiting recently!!

My entier shoulder is yellow because of hitting the scrum machine...... front of the shoulder has a nice deep purple one from where my thumbs/fingers have dug in front squatting.

Top of hamstrings and jsut above the knee also have small brusies all over from high pulls and RDLS...... if it hurts its good.

Strange about the pins and needles. I had it once or twice before i cant remember quite what i done but pretty sure i chnage chnaged my stance and bar position a little.

Mate dont worry about your shoulders. I am covered in brusies from weight lifiting recently!!

My entier shoulder is yellow because of hitting the scrum machine...... front of the shoulder has a nice deep purple one from where my thumbs/fingers have dug in front squatting.

Top of hamstrings and jsut above the knee also have small brusies all over from high pulls and RDLS...... if it hurts its good.

Strange about the pins and needles. I had it once or twice before i cant remember quite what i done but pretty sure i chnage chnaged my stance and bar position a little.
    gym owner says its cos of poor blood circulation in my arms :/ jus prevents me doing high squat reps cos arms go dead and its dangerous lol

btw are you the second row or ginger guy in prof pic?
    Last edited by Bignik92; 08-13-2009 at 08:58 AM.

man up and get those 20reps done, youl enjoy it once you complete it, stick with it there is no point doing a program for a week or 2 gota do atleast a month to get the benefits and to see if it works.

first thing that comes to mind for the pins and needles is that your griping the bar way to tight, also i don't really have the bar on my shoulders when squating, i rest it on my 'prop lump'/ that ridge thing you get. and the way your holding the bar may not be right for you try either widening your grip or narrowing it, id try narrower first. also if it helps i have my ring fingers on the rings feels a bit tight for squats but its how i pretty much grip for everything.

and if you can do 3x8 @ 40kgs you can do 20 @ 40kgs so mayb start there.

for plyos we do jumps for height(skiping) 5x5, bounds for length(lunge running) 5x3, and standing long jumps 5x3 and some other failing over stuff can't really explain it but its all to do with that first step and not going back onto you're heel.

also i'm so hoping we hit the scrum machine, i hope we do around the 50-80scrum mark but i'll be lucky if we do a total of 20 with all the different combos so ill mayb get 7 hits. if we do scrums which we desparetly need to.

Page 100 of 325 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast