Thread: Nuts: How many?

4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 4169str has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Nuts: How many?

How many nuts do you recomand a day, how many handfuls?

'Robics Rock Star!! KickBoxQueen's Avatar
    KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I try limit myself to one serving of nuts per day.... including nut butters like peanut butter and almond butter. Nuts are great for adding healthy fats to your diet as well as some protein, but they're high in calories as well.

For example, the package that I have says that 1/4 cup of almonds has about 170 calories, 15g fat, 6g of protein, 5g carb and 3g fiber. So you can see they're heavy in calories and fat (mostly unsaturated fat, the "good" kind). Sometimes the high fat content, while healthier fat, throws off my fat macros if I eat more than one serving a day.. unless I'm calorie cycling and am on a high calorie day.

It really all depends on your goals, how many calories you're eating per day, macros, etc. Hope that helps!

specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1/4 cup of Almonds on fitday =308 calories. I personally will limit myself on nuts because they will hog up alot of your daily alotted calories. 12 almonds = 10g. fat. I consider this one serving. I also tend to gain fat eating too many nuts so it's really something I watch but try to fit in each day. BTW - I shoot for 35g. good fat per day.

KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10) KickBoxQueen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    A lot of fitday.com's calorie counts are distorted. 308 calories is WAY high for 1/4 cup of almonds.... which is a small handful. I double checked two calorie count books that both stated 1/4 cup of almonds as less than 200 calories. I put a lot of custom foods into fitday because some of the calorie counts are not accurate.

I agree that they are high calorie though, regardless... and their intake should be limited to what works for your macros.

Oh, I got my information from "The Complete Book of Food Counts: by Corrine T. Netzer, from this website http://www.dillons.com/hn/Food_Guide/Almonds.htm , and from the back on the container of almonds.

1/4 cup = ~1 oz.

I also checked fitday.com and it said 1/4 cup = 200 calories and that 1 oz. of almonds calculated ~170 calories on fitday.... maybe you had in the wrong serving size?

girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000) girlinseattle is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am eating bowl of trail mix with nuts (almonds, peanuts) and chocolate and dried rasins and dried cherries right now... so good.

I love the energy boost I get from eating nuts. Ok... that sounded weird.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1 serving is generally 1oz which is about 170-180cals. For almonds, this is about 20-22 almonds.

specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) specialkay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KickBoxQueen
    Oh, I got my information from "The Complete Book of Food Counts: by Corrine T. Netzer, from this website http://www.dillons.com/hn/Food_Guide/Almonds.htm , and from the back on the container of almonds.

1/4 cup = ~1 oz.

I also checked fitday.com and it said 1/4 cup = 200 calories and that 1 oz. of almonds calculated ~170 calories on fitday.... maybe you had in the wrong serving size?
    I typed it in as .25 of 1 cup. Is that wrong? Could I be consuming less calories than what I've been calculating? I usually enter in fitday.com 12 almonds and that's all I'll eat.

Originally Posted by specialkay
    I typed it in as .25 of 1 cup. Is that wrong? Could I be consuming less calories than what I've been calculating? I usually enter in fitday.com 12 almonds and that's all I'll eat.
    No that's how I typed it in too... so yes, you probably have been consuming less calories than you thought. That's strange though.... hmph. Ah, well... now you can eat more!

justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justagirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    i have 20-30 nuts a day and 1tbsp of peanut butter with my bedtime meal yummy

Originally Posted by KickBoxQueen
    No that's how I typed it in too... so yes, you probably have been consuming less calories than you thought. That's strange though.... hmph. Ah, well... now you can eat more!
    I like the thought of that...I love Almonds!!!!

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always weigh my almonds and from my package of raw almonds:

1/2 oz or 14 grams: 13-14 almonds

85 calories
    7.5 gr fat
    2.5 gr carbs
    3.5 gr protein
    Julia

SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SwellGirl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Speaking of nuts...

does anybody know whether almond butter is "better" than peanut butter b/c of omega-3s?

karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50) karate_girl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know almonds are good..what about other nuts?
    Cashews?
    Walnuts?
    Should these be included or avoided?

F350 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) F350 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) F350 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

coa's

http://www.krema.com/departments.asp?dept=1001

Not sure if this will help.. mayb of some interest though.. In the top right.. listed under FAQ's are some coa's.. just scroll down.

Open minded, child of God n8s_ltl_buff1's Avatar
    n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) n8s_ltl_buff1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually eat 1-2 1oz servings of either almonds, pistachios, pecans, or (rarely) cashews, in ADDITION to one 2T serving of natty pb at night, or in the morning.
    Usually adds up to about 30-45g happy fats !
    ~nikara
    What would you attempt to do
    if you knew you would not fail?
    - Robert Schuller

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.-Joshua 1:9:

C-Fit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wink for Omega 3s...

Originally Posted by karate_girl
    I know almonds are good..what about other nuts?
    Cashews?
    Walnuts?
    Should these be included or avoided?
    Ive read that WALNUTS are the best source of Omega3s. These are what I currently eat: 6-8 halves daily. I can substitute with Almonds. But other types of nuts contain more of diff types of fatty acids - that are not recommended when cutting.

Cant wait to bulk again though - Im a nut and nutty butter lover too!! My fav new cheat recipe is:

Crunchy PB Balls
    -handful of cheerios
    -tbsp of no-sugar-added natty pb or sesame butter or almond butter or cashew butter (if you can find it - sunflower seed butter is also VERY TASTY)
    -1 packet splenda

Mix all together and enjoy - they are usually sticky/ oily so I eat by the spoonful rather than in "ball" form. Id love to hear other variations on this recipe!

terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000) terracotta is a name known to all. (+5000)
    always measure your nuts with a scale.. 1/4 cup of nuts changes depending on how you pack them.
    31-26-36.

Mother of 3

www.hotnfit.com - need help with fat loss, muscle gain, or having a healthy pregnancy? Visit my site! Yes safe for work and mobile friendly :)

www.********.com/hotnfitcom