annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why Are My Abs So Skinny?

I don't do ab workouts cuz I NEVER feel it on my abs. It's always my neck, or my legs, or my back which ends up getting sore.

But anyways, this is a pic of my abs. Literally there are no abs, it's just a line in the middle. My body fat is 12% but even when it was at 9% it was still the exact same looking.

If anyone can help it would be very appreciated Am I doomed to have no abs or do I just have to seriously start working it out?
    Attached Images

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't do ab workouts
    You answered it yourself..

Go heavy with deads of squats and you'll definitely feel your core worked hard.
    Other exercises are hanging leg raises and decline crunches.. experiment with all sorts of these.
    HIIT works it too

RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10) RenePRKL is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try some prewarming excersices like quick planks and side planks, very controlled movement and imagine your abs doing the job.

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You simply haven't developed your ab muscles.
    Either go harder on your compound exercises or do some more ab routines.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) annontok has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see super skinny guys with a six pack, they never did ab workouts. How did they get abs?

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by annontok View Post
    I see super skinny guys with a six pack, they never did ab workouts. How did they get abs?
    They have better genetics for abs combined with a naturally low body fat. I always had big traps and calves even before I worked out, my brother has even bigger calves than me and he's never lifted. Yet my mate has straws for calves but a full 8 pack and never lifted. Some people have better genetics for certain body parts.

You haven't been blessed with good ab genetics, which means you'll need to work them to develop them enough to get that 6 pack.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

So if I work out my abs 15 minutes everyday intensely I can get Proper abs?

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Soreness is not the only indicator of exertion.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by annontok View Post
    So if I work out my abs 15 minutes everyday intensely I can get Proper abs?
    ay

It doesn't work that way, man! You have to give your body a reason to build "abs" more importantly core muscles.

Transverse abdominus = the adonis belt, an internal belt to protect the spine.
    Rectus abdomnius = 6 pack, used to move the sternum to the hips, also used to stabilize the spine from the front mostly.
    Obliques/outer & inner = side muscles, used for anti rotation IE preventing twisting of the torso.

Then we have the glutes, spinal erectors, ect..

Tell me now, how will your body decide to build thick abs, slick obliques, huge erectors, and strong glutes. IF you never lift heavy weight?

The whole point of muscle is for survival, our bodies actually think they need to build muscle to survive more efficiently.

What I'm getting at is, if you want to have a thick 6 pack "lol" you have to start doing some heavy arse weight.

Hope that explains everything and you stop trying to chase a ghost!

Also the fact that you don't feel your abs during exercise, is a great indication that your abs are incredibly weak and also you haven't developed a mind/muscle connection yet.

If you want to feel your abs, stand up and imagine bringing your chest to your hips, and not moving any other body part, It is an incredibly small ROM,
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    ay

It doesn't work that way, man! You have to give your body a reason to build "abs" more importantly core muscles.

Transverse abdominus = the adonis belt, an internal belt to protect the spine.
    Rectus abdomnius = 6 pack, used to move the sternum to the hips, also used to stabilize the spine from the front mostly.
    Obliques/outer & inner = side muscles, used for anti rotation IE preventing twisting of the torso.

Then we have the glutes, spinal erectors, ect..

Tell me now, how will your body decide to build thick abs, slick obliques, huge erectors, and strong glutes. IF you never lift heavy weight?

The whole point of muscle is for survival, our bodies actually think they need to build muscle to survive more efficiently.

What I'm getting at is, if you want to have a thick 6 pack "lol" you have to start doing some heavy arse weight.

Hope that explains everything and you stop trying to chase a ghost!

Also the fact that you don't feel your abs during exercise, is a great indication that your abs are incredibly weak and also you haven't developed a mind/muscle connection yet.

If you want to feel your abs, stand up and imagine bringing your chest to your hips, and not moving any other body part, It is an incredibly small ROM,
    Okay thanks

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Also remember that Abs are just like any other muscle. They grow when they're resting.
    Not when you blast them everyday with intensity
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone