heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Night sweats with Whey Protein before bed?

Does anyone else have this happen?

Every now and then, when I feel like I need something before I go to bed, I take some whey protein in. Usually because I need to meet my macros for the day OR because I have a sugar craving and need something healthy to snack on without adding too much sugar/calories.

However, in recent weeks if I do this I wake up about 3 or 4 hours later and feel really hot. I need to leave the bedroom, open the balcony door to the living room, let the breeze cool me off as I try to sleep a little on the sofa, before heading back to bed about 1 or 2 hours later. The only thing I can think of is that the whey is doing something to me in my sleep. I'm having my shake probably 15 minutes before I crash in bed. Last night I mixed some in with yogurt and the same thing happened. I tried to stay up more than 15 minutes to let things settle but my mind/body was ready to sleep. It didn't last more than 3 hours though.

Could it be anything else? Or do others have the same thing happen?

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I very very highly doubt Whey gets you that hot. I get hot all the time, but I'm used to it because I have memory foam. Sleep with a fan on you, sleep with less/no blankets, sleep with a window open, or sleep with one leg out of the sheets (for some reason it works).

MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MasterBench is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by heaviestj View Post
    Does anyone else have this happen?

Every now and then, when I feel like I need something before I go to bed, I take some whey protein in. Usually because I need to meet my macros for the day OR because I have a sugar craving and need something healthy to snack on without adding too much sugar/calories.

However, in recent weeks if I do this I wake up about 3 or 4 hours later and feel really hot. I need to leave the bedroom, open the balcony door to the living room, let the breeze cool me off as I try to sleep a little on the sofa, before heading back to bed about 1 or 2 hours later. The only thing I can think of is that the whey is doing something to me in my sleep. I'm having my shake probably 15 minutes before I crash in bed. Last night I mixed some in with yogurt and the same thing happened. I tried to stay up more than 15 minutes to let things settle but my mind/body was ready to sleep. It didn't last more than 3 hours though.

Could it be anything else? Or do others have the same thing happen?
    Outside of an allergic reaction I don't really know how whey would cause you to sweat at night.
    If you just noticed this starting to happen, perhaps stop for a few days and see if it goes away.
    I'm not sure where you live, but it has definitely gotten hotter of the past few weeks, perhaps crank up the AC

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MasterBench View Post
    Outside of an allergic reaction I don't really know how whey would cause you to sweat at night.
    If you just noticed this starting to happen, perhaps stop for a few days and see if it goes away.
    I'm not sure where you live, but it has definitely gotten hotter of the past few weeks, perhaps crank up the AC
    This. Are you allergic to anything in the powder.

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any other supps or medications?

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I usually have a protein shake before bed every night and never have this problem. So many different things can contribute to night sweats. Highly doubt it's the shake causing this unless you're allergic to something in it like the other members posted.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    sounds like you've been taking whey for sometime and this just recently started so most likely it's not whey, but have you switched the brand of whey - maybe there is something added that makes you feel that way. You could be taking other supplements that could be causing this. There are also some medical reasons for night sweats and your physician can help you with that one. I wake up warm all the time, that's my nature, so what I do is put a fan next to my bed and it keeps me cool at night. That's how I sleep now, with a fan on. Set up your bedroom from the start to be cool.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was using Nitrean+ which is whey, casien, egg protein. I recently bought Isoflex and love the banana and peanut chocolate flavors.

I would have thought an allergic reaction would happen during the day as well but no heat.

Last night I went to bed about 3 hours after dinner. Dinner was chicken, brown rice and veggies. No shake. No waking up hot. I'm gonna do the same tonight. I have work early morning Sunday. Monday I'm off so Sunday night I'll do a shake and see if it happens again.

Other meds I've be on for years: *****, zopiclone and an SSRI. None of which ever caused this to happen.

I live in Japan. The weather is up and down right now. Rainy season is almost here. Summers are hot and humid, they suck. No AC but I do have a fan. Will try these but right now it's pretty cool until noon.

incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10) incomudrox is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From person experience my inclination would be that your blood sugar is dropping too low caused by the whey. I have this issue as well from time to time. I'm prone to things like this because of my Cystic Fibrosis however it can happen to a normal person as well. The sweating is a mechanism to wake you up so you don't get too low in your sleep.

Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr.Cooper69 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by incomudrox View Post
    From person experience my inclination would be that your blood sugar is dropping too low caused by the whey. I have this issue as well from time to time. I'm prone to things like this because of my Cystic Fibrosis however it can happen to a normal person as well. The sweating is a mechanism to wake you up so you don't get too low in your sleep.
    Your situation is very different. If whey protein shakes made one that hypoglycemic, we'd be in serious trouble

Originally Posted by incomudrox View Post
    I'm not saying you're wrong, I know that with type II diabetes or people that are pre-diabetic (I may fall into that category depending on whether I use U.S or Japanese standards) that blood sugar can drop with Whey (50 grams) affecting first phase insulin response...but I can't say for sure. I will test my blood sugar next time I wake up.

Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    One of the great things about whey protein, is that because of its bcaa structure, and bioavailability it tends to rev up the proteinsyntasis, and the metabolism.
    In other words it ignites your body, witch is the opposite of what you want when you want to sleep.

Now, a lot of protein powders out there are simply junk, filled with all kinds of crap, and little whey protein, if the one you have is one of those, the sweating is simply your body telling you that you are are feeding it crap.

I get really sweety and gassy, when I take weight gainers, that is why I don't use that **** any more

longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) longhorns_p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Slowhard View Post
    One of the great things about whey protein, is that because of its bcaa structure, and bioavailability it tends to rev up the proteinsyntasis, and the metabolism.
    In other words it ignites your body, witch is the opposite of what you want when you want to sleep.

Now, a lot of protein powders out there are simply junk, filled with all kinds of crap, and little whey protein, if the one you have is one of those, the sweating is simply your body telling you that you are are feeding it crap.

I get really sweety and gassy, when I take weight gainers, that is why I don't use that **** any more
    Dude.

Where do you guys comme up with this lol

Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Slowhard is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by longhorns_p View Post
    Dude.

Where do you guys comme up with this lol
    Reading the interpretation of the data on whey protein and sugars, by Alan aragon, Layne norton, lyle mcdonald.

What is your source of information on proteinsyntasis ?, from the big roidbrah down in the gym ?