Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Birth control

zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000)

Birth control

Now zipitlisten is switching BC because Yasmin turns her into a crying, bloated, big bish! So I have been looking into Nuvaring but I've seen a lot of bad reviews, but it looks to tiny and low maintenance. Then I saw a lot of women have gained weight on nuvaring and the birth control shot! Ugh.. do you girls have any good suggestions? Any BC you strongly recommend against?
    When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kemo1990 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Looks better than Weird xxentric's Avatar
    xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You will most likely need calcium supplements if you're gonna take BC shots as studies show that they are linked to loss of bone density.

I had no problem with the NuvaRing when I was on it. Sorry but have no other recommendation.
    Continuation is Power.

It hurts now, but one day it will be your warm up.

zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000) zipitlisten is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by xxentric View Post
    You will most likely need calcium supplements if you're gonna take BC shots as studies show that they are linked to loss of bone density.

I had no problem with the NuvaRing when I was on it. Sorry but have no other recommendation.
    Did you gain weight? No increase in your appetite? That's my main worry..

xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xxentric is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by zipitlisten View Post
    Did you gain weight? No increase in your appetite? That's my main worry..
    Didn't gain weight. No increase in appetite. Yep. It was good for me.
    Continuation is Power.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Alll I can recommend is to stay away from implanon. Far, far away. I had bleeding for six months straight, loss of libido, and other random issues that I don't think a forum needs to hear.

levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aristomeow View Post
    Alll I can recommend is to stay away from implanon. Far, far away. I had bleeding for six months straight, loss of libido, and other random issues that I don't think a forum needs to hear.
    Thank God I was born male!
    *used to lift crew*

Wife and Sammich Maker rickiecoombs's Avatar
    rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rickiecoombs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm taking a shot - Depo Provera. I am on it only because it is literally the only form of BC I can take (long story). The list of potential side effects is very long, and very scary. Thankfully, I haven't had any of them. In fact, I've been taking it for several months now, and have continued to lose weight since then... I realize that any kind of BC involving hormones can cause weight fluctuations, but I think sometimes women use it as a crutch. (Emphasis on the sometimes)

I'm taking Calcium and D3, too, to help maintain bone density. The studies that show possible bone loss also show that after you stop taking the shot, you can gain back the density that you've lost. I had a dexa scan done last month, and my bones are way above average, so that made me happy! They don't recommend that you take Depo Provera for more than 5 years.

Just my $0.02
    My Journal - Large, But Not in Charge: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=128025573

ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    2 of my friends claim that they gained weight on the ring, I didn’t notice anything. I conceived my now 5 year old on the shot so I’m not a fan lol. I switched to the shot because Yasmin threw off my hormones too. And as for the patch I have a few friends who had theirs fall off and didn’t notice and got knocked up….. so no thanks to that one too. I have an implant it’s in my arm, it lasts for 3 years. It was annoying for just a few days and I love it!

Originally Posted by rickiecoombs View Post
    I'm taking a shot - Depo Provera. I am on it only because it is literally the only form of BC I can take (long story). The list of potential side effects is very long, and very scary. Thankfully, I haven't had any of them. In fact, I've been taking it for several months now, and have continued to lose weight since then... I realize that any kind of BC involving hormones can cause weight fluctuations, but I think sometimes women use it as a crutch. (Emphasis on the sometimes)

I'm taking Calcium and D3, too, to help maintain bone density. The studies that show possible bone loss also show that after you stop taking the shot, you can gain back the density that you've lost. I had a dexa scan done last month, and my bones are way above average, so that made me happy! They don't recommend that you take Depo Provera for more than 5 years.

Just my $0.02
    That's good to know. Really wanted to take the shot but my OB-GYN discouraged me with the studies about bone density especially since I have a mild case of scoliosis. But with supplements, I might give that shot a shot
    Continuation is Power.

Lajones8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The exact same thing happened when I took Yasmin. I went nuts, and was super bloated despite the diuretic it has built into it. I've gone off by completely now, and gained 10lbs. :/

Nueva ring didn't make me gain any weight, but I found it to be really uncomfortable.

Maybe try an IUD? It seems like those would offer the fewest downsides, but I don't know as much about them.

Best of luck finding something that works for you!

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nuvaring failed two of my friends. They both have kids now because of it.

What about an IUD? Side effects sound awful. Knew one girl who bled a lot and another who conceived on it.

It's really just a case-by-case thing.

Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Does anyone know if a lot of girls out there lie about being on birth control? Just so the guy wouldn't have to wear protection? (even though he should either way)
    NPC Amateur.

Central Texas Showdown 2012: No placing
    Independence Day Classic 2014: 3rd Place - Novice Heavyweight

Mind + Body + Nature + Universe

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Think abstract, ask questions.

mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000) mrshester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My sister has tried Depo and Implanon. Depo is not great, from most people I've heard from who have used it...weight gain, attitude issues, pregnancy, LOL. My sis also has some issues with depression (we all do, but she's got it worse then me) and Implanon gave her horrible nightmares and from what I understand isn't recommended for people with those sort of mental instability issues (which the doctor knew about and gave her anyway...idiot). I had really bad luck with the Paragard IUD, felt on the verge of a period every day, and had shooting pains so bad that they literally brought me to the floor, hubs getting poked with wires, but others I know love their Mirena. I tried a really low dose bc pill that has folic acid in it (sorry can't remember name) and it was actually too low dose for me--I forgot just a couple pills and had a full-on period, lol.
    "Do not give away to others what you have not first given away at home." unknown
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." George Eliot, pen name of Mary Ann Evans

Proud wife and mommy.

Every saint has a past.

ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ktb007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Musc1eBound View Post
    Does anyone know if a lot of girls out there lie about being on birth control? Just so the guy wouldn't have to wear protection? (even though he should either way)
    Every single girl who got knocked up in high school

I'm starting to like condoms better and better. Even though they totally suck, it's better than weight gain, mood swings, swollen boobs and being bloated!
    I work way to hard in the gym to gain weight cause of stupid BC - I know a lot of women use it as an excuse but still, scared!

Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm starting to like condoms better and better. Even though they totally suck, it's better than weight gain, mood swings, swollen boobs and being bloated!
    I work way to hard in the gym to gain weight cause of stupid BC - I know a lot of women use it as an excuse but still, scared!
    "Ay gurl what's yo numba?"
    NPC Amateur.

Central Texas Showdown 2012: No placing
    Independence Day Classic 2014: 3rd Place - Novice Heavyweight

Mind + Body + Nature + Universe

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Think abstract, ask questions.

aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) aristomeow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Use them. Wow, momentary discomfort for dude, or mood swings, maybe permanent hormonal changes, weight gain etc for you?

This is not something you should be selfless with.

SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000) SultanaK is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Use them. Wow, momentary discomfort for dude, or mood swings, maybe permanent hormonal changes, weight gain etc for you?

This.

I want to know how guys feel about it.

michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000) michpc is just really nice. (+1000)
    I <3 Ortho Tricyclen Lo...I was on it for ages before it became really expensive with my insurance, and I'm very happy to be back on it now.
    "success is a journey, not a destination" -most profound fortune cookie ever!

Very true.

Originally Posted by SultanaK View Post
    This.

In for answers

Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Candees is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should be using condoms anyway unless you're confident that you wont get an STI.
    Even though most STI's are "harmless" and "go away" on their own, they're not harmless to your fertility and you could end up finding out the hard way later on by having complications when you do want to get pregnant.
    You can't really trust what a man tells you about his "health", because they can't even be tested for some of these STI's that are harmful to women and your fertility.

Unless it's the person you're confident you will settle down with, consider using condoms in addition to birth control.

Fierce Fluffalo GruffalosUnited's Avatar
    GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000) GruffalosUnited is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm on the Orthro Evra patch now. I was on Yaz for five years and never had any problems from it. Then the commercials started so I switched to the patch. The first day, I was super nauseous but after that passed, I was fine. I haven't gained weight from it or had any side effects. Although it leaves the sticky outline, alcohol takes it right off. I would definitely suggest it.

levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) levijay has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This.

I knew some girls who took the implant and said there were no side effects compared to the pill, i'd rather the girl get that
    *used to lift crew*

Originally Posted by levijay View Post
    I knew some girls who took the implant and said there were no side effects compared to the pill, i'd rather the girl get that
    That was the cause of my six-month period.

The best thing I've ever heard said about the implant, by my workfriend
    "It doesn't work! Okay, well it works in that you don't get pregnant. You know why you can't get pregnant? CAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH IT".

That was the cause of my six-month period.

The best thing I've ever heard said about the implant, by my workfriend
    "It doesn't work! Okay, well it works in that you don't get pregnant. You know why you can't get pregnant? CAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO TOUCH IT".
    That's a lot of blood, imagine you could donate your period blood.

Ok, i'm sick in the head
    *used to lift crew*

That's a lot of blood, imagine you could donate your period blood.

Ok, i'm sick in the head
    Too many impurities I'd imagine. There's a lot of tissue that's expelled.

themoreyouknow.jpeg

Too many impurities I'd imagine. There's a lot of tissue that's expelled.

themoreyouknow.jpeg
    I suddenly just got turned off drinking my RED bcaa that I was drinking.
    *used to lift crew*

The little thing in the arm? *shudders*

The little thing in the arm? *shudders*
    yeah
    *used to lift crew*