thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

sore throat after training

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if any of you know, why is it happening to me. I get this horrible sore throat after my training in the gym, I usually get it straight after my training or in the middle of my session and it lasts all day, goes away by next morning, but then Im in the gym again, working out-here we go again.... sore throat...
    My trainer is a many times BB champion with 30 years of experience, but even with her we can not work it out, why does it happen all the time. It is just getting very annoying now.

Every help is much apprechiated!!

Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Spielzeug has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    suckin' too much dick

it happens

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I bet you're allergic to something in the gym.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Simpy has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Spielzeug View Post
    suckin' too much dick

it happens
    Never been a problem for me.
    Simp's Back: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165133671&page=1

Working to regain strength, muscle, endurance, and lose some blubber. Damn you drinking-wine-on-the-couch. Why are you so good?

RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RebeccaG is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Simpy View Post
    I bet you're allergic to something in the gym.
    As tempted as I am to agree with Spielzeug, this was my first thought.

Does your gym put anything in the ventilation system? Do they even have a proper ventilation system? lol Or maybe whatever concoction is in the spray bottles at your gym?
    DAYUM!!!

"Be stronger than your vagina"

thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thegoat1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RebeccaG View Post
    As tempted as I am to agree with Spielzeug, this was my first thought.

Does your gym put anything in the ventilation system? Do they even have a proper ventilation system? lol Or maybe whatever concoction is in the spray bottles at your gym?
    I changed gyms 14 weeks ago and I had the same problem in my old gym as well.
    So I just don't know.

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Spielzeug View Post
    suckin' too much dick

it happens
    reading that title I was thinking...DAMN what she really training? lol but you beat me to it!....thats a weird symptom tho i have no clue...could be like everyone else said the stuff in the spray bottles they use...could be a type of perfume even someone is wearing, what ur drinking with ur water? like a pre workout?

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmixy View Post
    reading that title I was thinking...DAMN what she really training? lol but you beat me to it!....thats a weird symptom tho i have no clue...could be like everyone else said the stuff in the spray bottles they use...could be a type of perfume even someone is wearing, what ur drinking with ur water? like a pre workout?
    Water.I only drink water. We checked all the supplements I take because the protein powder could cause stuff like that, but on my day off from gym when I still take my supplements, I do not get sore throat. The problem is that this symptom does affect my everyday life not to mention my training, and my competition is coming up-fast. If I have to live with it, I will, But if there is any kind of answer to this... then I wouldn't mind to get cured.

Horticulturist/Pet Sitter georgiehopper's Avatar
    georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10) georgiehopper is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thegoat1 View Post
    Water.I only drink water. We checked all the supplements I take because the protein powder could cause stuff like that, but on my day off from gym when I still take my supplements, I do not get sore throat. The problem is that this symptom does affect my everyday life not to mention my training, and my competition is coming up-fast. If I have to live with it, I will, But if there is any kind of answer to this... then I wouldn't mind to get cured.

Since it happened at both gyms, I'd say it has to do with how you are breathing or working out. Have you tried chewing gum while working out? That may keep your throat from drying out. Or is it possible that you are straining your neck somehow?

triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) triangle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is your gym air conditioned? If you breathe primarily through your mouth, heavy breathing in cold, dry air might aggravate your throat. Probably worth seeing a doctor if it's really affecting you.

Originally Posted by georgiehopper View Post
    Since it happened at both gyms, I'd say it has to do with how you are breathing or working out. Have you tried chewing gum while working out? That may keep your throat from drying out. Or is it possible that you are straining your neck somehow?
    I do not like chewing gum, but i do go through a liter of water during my session, sipping after every set to avoid dry throat. I do my training with my trainer so she keeps an eye on me all the time, I do not get a chance to do anything wrong....I do breath properly and Im not straining my neck. I might be too sensitive to something in the air in the gym.... but with that there is nothing i could do I guess....

Originally Posted by triangle View Post
    Is your gym air conditioned? If you breathe primarily through your mouth, heavy breathing in cold, dry air might aggravate your throat. Probably worth seeing a doctor if it's really affecting you.
    Funny enough, we are in australia but there is no air-conditioning system in the gym.
    It is very hot, the doors are open and there are 2 fans on the ceiling....thats all we have which does not qualify as air-conditioning....

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do not like chewing gum, but i do go through a liter of water during my session, sipping after every set to avoid dry throat. I do my training with my trainer so she keeps an eye on me all the time, I do not get a chance to do anything wrong....I do breath properly and Im not straining my neck. I might be too sensitive to something in the air in the gym.... but with that there is nothing i could do I guess....
    what about sucking on a mint or a throat lozenge?....warm tea with honey helps too with sore throats

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmixy View Post
    what about sucking on a mint or a throat lozenge?....warm tea with honey helps too with sore throats
    I do drink tea with nothing in it when it gets really horrible and Im at home. But the thing is that it is not like a sore throat you get when you have got flu. Its like something is struggleing you around your neck, and there is a netball sized something inside which doesn't fit so i feel like my neck is going to explode...it sounds very weird..its hard to deal with it sometimes.

Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pavlina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Funny enough, we are in australia but there is no air-conditioning system in the gym.
    It is very hot, the doors are open and there are 2 fans on the ceiling....thats all we have which does not qualify as air-conditioning....
    Really? No Air-con?!
    I have the same problem as you but I am susceptible to sore throats and have them often in the morning after a work out, a night out, or when the weather is crazy.
    I dunno.
    My only recommendation would be to ensure your immune system is in tact (Zinc, Vitamin C).