Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10)

xven's CONTROLLED LABS sponsored Green MAGnitude log

• CONTROLLED LABS

Presents:

• Green MAGnitude

Creatine Matrix Volumizer!

Increase Your Stamina In The Gym And Gain Size And Strength!

We have responded to customer demand and the result: Green MAGnitude... Creatine with attitude. If you want to increase your stamina in the gym and gain size and strength, Green MAGnitude is the right choice for you. If you want similar results in convenient capsule form, we recommend Green Bulge. Either way, you are getting a full dose of patented Magnesium Creatine Chelate that has been clinically proven to increase strength. Green MAGnitude is the most advanced powder creatine matrix ever to reach the market and one of the first creatine products on the market to combine Magnesium Creatine Chelate (a patented form of creatine), with Dicreatine Malate (creatine bound with Malic Acid) to deliver synergistic benefits you can actually feel working during your workout.

Magnesium Creatine Chelate and Dicreatine Malate are important during both anaerobic and aerobic workouts and are involved in the efficient production and utilization of ATP. This key combination also has oxygen-sparing effects and helps optimize mitochonddrial function to directly and indirectly "boost energy" during your workout or cardio session. As a bonus, when combined with Betaine Anhydrous, this potent combination may also help neutralize lactic acid build-up indirectly, and signal the body to use oxygen to burn fat as fuel. Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, and Tyrosine have a wide variety of physiological and metabolic functions and were added to Green MAGnitude™ for potent volumizing, antioxidant, ergogenic, and cognitive benefits.

Key Attributes:

* Juicy Green Sour Apple Flavor
    * Exclusive Synergistic Creatine Formula
    * Instantly Dissolves
    * Patented Form of Creatine
    * Improve Strength, Stamina, & Performance
    * Greater Protein Synthesis
    * No Bitter CEE Taste
    * Caffeine Free

For more information and the full FAQ click here

xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10) xven is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seeking MAGnitude in the Green

Seeking MAGnitude in the Green

Sex: Male (Reassuring, I guess)

Bodytype: Endo

Background:

Greetings! I have been training a little over 9 months as of today, and have made immense progress. Growing up, I have always been a fat kid. Horrible eating habbits coupled with my genetics will do that rather easily. I would drink about 2 L of soda, eat a loaf of white bread, gorge out of junk food and candy every single day. Never did involve myself in any sports of physcial activity. I kept this up until I turned 16, where I decided to try and do something about the belly that eclipsed over my manhood.

This intiative was there, but no knowledge. I thought the best way to lose weight, was to not eat at all. I did just that. I became anorexic and not even aware of it. I averaged 1200 calories a day, sometimes less. I went from being 265 lbs.+ @ 36% bf, to about 155 lbs. @ 23-25% bf in the year I did this. Ofcourse, I did lose a heck of a lot of muscle coupled with fat and screwed up my metabolism.

Pleased with the results so far, I wanted to further drop the "fat". This is when I started looking around for diets and weight loss methods and finally started to exercise. I kept my calories at 1700-2000, and wondered why the heck I was gaining weight. I was still not clear on how it worked. Frustrated, I tried atkins, zone, etc. and some ridiculous and expensive GNC supplements. Still nothing. Nothing .. until I hit bb.com. It was there that I learned so much and kept employing what I had learned. I spent entire day's reading and further educating myself. I did not very much appreciate the "skinny fat" person I had become and wanted to improve for real this time!

I increased my calories and even on 2000-2300 calories @ 166 lbs. with doing 1 hr. sessions of cardio, I gained weight. This is where I knew I would gain weight even if I was on a deficit and that did stand true as time passed by. My first bulk, I gained 12 pounds in 3.5 weeks. Most of it muscle, some fat. But with my already high bf, I wasn't exactly thrilled about the fat gain. Futher research called me to understand nutrient partitioning aka "gain muscle lose fat". For this, my calories were cycled between 2700-3600, making my deficit, if any, only with means of cardio. I did that for 2 and a half months and made remarkable progress. My supplement aresnal was also enhanced as I took to adding more and various supplements to help achieve my goals. Now, I like to either cut, bulk, or recomp when I don't have a plan in store.

Summarized, I'm basically an endo with typical endo characteristics. I gain fat easily and muscle is also put on relatively easy. I gain some muscle in a deficit, but fat loss is virtually so slow, it's ridiculous (accredited to my earlier dieting mistake)

Ancillary Supplements to Green MAGnitude
    GNC Mega Men Multi-Vitamins 1 ED
    Vitamin E 400 I.U. ED
    Vitamin C 2-4g's ED
    Vitamin B6 100 mg ED
    Almax Ephedrine + Bulk Caffeine 24mg+200mg x 2
    Member's Mark Fish Oil 6-10 grams
    SN Green Tea Extract 200 mg x 2
    Jamieson Zinc 25mg 3days/wk
    USP Lab's caMPhibolic (when workout is very late)
    NOW Apple Cider Vinegar (for carb refeeds)
    Bulk K-RALA 200mg 4 days/week
    Dyna: Whey Orange Vanilla - Isolate
    PVL Whey Cooler Peach -isolate
    Bulk Leucine 8-12 grams ED
    Bulk BCAA's (10L:45Iso:45val) 10-12 grams ED
    Cissus RX (no megadosing only for recovery properties) 2 caps x 2
    Melatonin 3mg (Nights I have trouble sleeping)
    Sesamin 1-2 caps ED (anti-o purposes)

Discountinued Supplements for the Log
    PrimaForce Yohimbine HCL
    Taurine

*If anyone see's a problem with the any of the above supplements that might cause somewhat of a problem with this log, please express your concern here, or PM me about it.

Current Training Protocol
    I have decided to follow a 5-6 day routine. Pretty much nothing to do the whole day. I like hitting body parts two times a week, or hitting a muscle group once and then using it with a sy

Here is how it should look -
    Day 1- Quads + Abs + Calves
    Day 2- Upper Body (Chest + Back Dominant)
    Day 3- OFF // Cardio + Shoulders
    Day 4- Shoulders + Forearms + Abs
    Day 5- Hams + Glutes + Calves
    Day 6- Upper Body (Biceps + Tricep Dominant +medial delt)
    Day 7- OFF // Rest

I workout at a regular fitness center, not your average hardcore type gym. So anything too heavy that *thumps* the floor is not allowed. This is pretty much why my big 3 compounds suffer. Well that and the weights don't really go up that much. It is bascially a day of hyperthrophy (focused) and another day later in the week for prolonging the anabolic/hyperthropic response indirectly. Rep scheme is very variant for me. I like to do something around 4-12 reps depending on the exercise and weight lifted.

Cardio- Is done for 10-25 min. after the workout @ ~75% HR gradually lowered to ~55% HR. Additional cardio is added about 2-3 days a week in the am. Workouts are normally done in the evenings.

Streching is done between sets, after workout and after cardio.

All of this will be clear once you see my log kick off with a training day.

The food!
    Finally! The good part

I will be doing a modified carb cycling diet. Goals will be to clean bulk while keeping bf at bay. I have just finished a bulk and put on some fat. This is more of a transition/maintainance before I go into a cut/bulk. Nutrient partitioning will be employed as well as deficit in calories being made through exercise.

The plan is something toward this-

Low Carb-- 2700 Calories 40%fat; 40% Protein; 20% carbs
    No Carb -- 2300 Calories 50-55%fat; 40%Protein 5-10% carbs
    No Carb -- 2300-2100 Calories 50-55%fat; 40%Protein 5-10% carbs
    High Carb -- 3200 Calories 25% fat; 40% Protein; 35% carbs
    No Carb -- 2300-2100 Calories 50-55%fat; 40%Protein 5-10% carbs

Every second week, a High Carb day will be a refeed day involving yet to be determined number of carbs.

Carbs are kept at bay as I mentioned I am an endomorph and do have problems with where insulin shuttles nutrients.

Conventinal pre-workout/post-workout meals are made into one simple during workout shake consisting of 55 grams of whey Isolate and 20-30 grams of BCAA.

As before, wait till I log a days diet. It should bring a clear understanding.

My take on Creatine
    Since this is indeed in relation to a creatine product, I ought to shell out my experience with such stuff. I haven't had much luck with creatine. I have used Higher Power CEE and all it gave me was one heck of a bloat. No strength increases, no nothing. When I cycled off, I lost so much water weight which was actually subcutaneous and not in the muscles. It turned me off creatine right away. Perhaps there was quality issues with the stuff, but I very much enjoy my experience on it. Monohydrate didn't do much either, but I was on it for a relatively short time to come conclusive. My log would indeed be of use to people who have not responded to Mono, CEE, etc. very well.

Assurance
    What I can assure you, is a completely unbais and insightful log/review. I have never so much as used a Controlled Labs product. Most of the products still don't seem very interesting to me, either I don't like the ingredients or the price. However, I really do feel that if this product delivers what it says it can, it is a very strong product both from effectiveness (yet to be determined) and price point. I cannot wait to see what this can do for me. If it doesn't work for me, it doesn't. Simple. I don't care if I don't get picked for testing the next time. I give credit where it is due!

Any Questions/Concerns can all be addressed here, by PM or email. I will be sure to answer everything in a reasonable amount of time. Feel free to ask anything, anytime. Advice/feedback on anything will also be considered and greatly appreciated.

*Stats, pics and more information coming up shortly. This log will start on Sunday due to gym closure on Canada Day. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by xven; 07-01-2006 at 07:43 AM.

Arrival!

The arrival!

So I just got back from the gym and just as I was heading on for a shower, there's a knock on the door. Thought it was my ridiculously annoying neighbour, but to my surprise, it was indeed my ridiculously annoying neighbour :P. Alright, alright. After my shower, I change up walk into the hall and viola there's this box just sitting there!

Turned around, and there's this evil grin on my sisters face. She said it came when I was in the shower.

And here it is in all it's glory -

I'm a little weird, so I sniffed it (unopened) Goddamn, it smells good, so refreshing! I cannot wait to see what it would taste like. I keep having to go smell it every 15 min.

Anyway, more coming up later
    Last edited by xven; 06-30-2006 at 06:57 PM.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by xven
    The arrival!

So I just got back from the gym and just as I was heading on for a shower, there's a knock on the door. Thought it was my ridiculously annoying neighbour, but to my surprise, it was indeed my ridiculously annoying neighbour :P. Alright, alright. After my shower, I change up walk into the hall and viola there's this box just sitting there!

Turned around, and there's this evil grin on my sisters face. She said it came when I was in the shower.

And here it is in all it's glory -

I'm a little weird, so I sniffed it (unopened) Goddamn, it smells good, so refreshing! I cannot wait to see what it would taste like. I keep having to go smell it every 15 min.

Anyway, more coming up later
    LMAO.... awesome !!!
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Stats, pics and what not.

Stats
    A little about me. I grow/break like crazy. Almost every week, my body has to have made some changes, either get's larger or get's smaller. No my measurements are not off, I measure twice and have someone else do it as well to check. Last week, I took baseline stats just so we can compare what happens when I start with Green MAG. Like I said, see for yourself- (Note, this is the week before I start)

Code:
    Changes           June 23rd (in)-            July 1(in)-       
    Waist	  [+1]          35.9                  36.0
    Neck	  [-2]          15.3                  15.1
    Arm (R)	  [+2]         14.9                   15.1
    Arm (L)	  [+3]         14.5                   14.8
    ForeA (R) [-2]         13.1                   12.9
    ForeA (L) [+1]	       12.4                   12.5
    Wrist (R)  [+/-0]      6.9                     6.9
    Wrist (L)  [+/-0]      7.0                     7.0
    Chest	   [+3]        41.9                   42.2
    Quad (R)  [+3]	      24.8                   25.1
    Quad (L)  [+1]	      24.9                   25.0
    Calf (R)   [+/-0]      16.5                   16.5
    Calf (L)   [+/-0]      16.5                   16.5
    Weight	   [+1]       193 lbs.               194 lbs.
    Bf% Calc. [+.1]	      17.8%                17.9%
    Bf% Caliper[+/-0]    ~18.9%               ~18.9%
    Sorry about the crappy format. Copy+Paste from the original page doesn't display properly.

Here is a graph chart if it makes any difference.

Guys, the caliper measurement is something I am new to, so it might not be as accurate as I wanted. Either way, I measure the skin fold at 20mm and then the corresponding chart puts 20-21mm at 18.9%. I don't know how I can get a better estimate as the chart has really high increments to bf%.

Well that's that for the stats. I hope I didn't miss anything. Please let me know if you would like to see/know anything more.

------------------------------

Pics
    Alright, here we are. Be forewarned, I am one hairy beast. Pictures didn't quite come out the way I would like. Any cuts/seperation is muscle groups didn't come out at all. My sister says it's because of the flash and the lighting, but the hell with that already. I'm not great at posing either, so please excuse that and give me some pointers. I'd really like to see some constructive criticism, since this is one of the very few times I actually posted my pics. Please tell me what I need to work on so I can better myself.

*The boards won't let me post more than 6 pics in one post, so the rest follow this post.

--------------------------------------

Alrighty! Time for some questions on your preferences

Q. How often would you want stats and pictures updated? Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. Let me know.

Q. Anything missing? I suppose I got everything, but if someone wants something that has not been included, please feel free to let me know.

Q. Would you like me to cut off with the detail a bit? I imagine some might have fallen asleep by now.

Q. I lift a hell of a lot less than I can actually lift. Would you guys like to see my maxes during this log? I have never maxed out on any of my weights. For example, I usually bench 95-130 (barbell) for my workout. During school, I just visited the weight room to chat up with a friend. You know kids, everyone trying to see who can bench the most which got me interested. The most benched was 195. At my first and only go I hit 205 for 4 reps. This is a straight jump from the 130 I do. So in essence, do you guys want to see maxes and how they go up with this log, or should I continue doing my thing?

-------------------------------

On a side note, I'd like to thank the guys over at CL for letting me log this. I hope this goes as expected for all.
    Last edited by xven; 07-01-2006 at 12:06 PM. Reason: pic comment

Pics additional

* My traps are proportional, even though they may not look like it. Reason being, I have a winged scapula and the nerve that connects to my right trap is basically dead, so I do not have control over it and cannot move it. I know, sucks to be me.

Changes

Diet and Training Protocol Changes

Diet will follow almost the same profile as suggested, but calories will be increased to the following-
    ~2400 - Off
    ~2700 - Low
    ~3000 - High
    ~3500 - Refeed

Protein intake on the macro's will be increased to meet 50%+ (experiment) except during high/refeeds.

Training protocol is-

Day 1- Quads + Abs + Calves
    Day 2- Upper Body (Chest + Back Dominant)
    Day 3- OFF // (Cardio + Shoulders)
    Day 4- Hams + Glutes + Calves
    Day 5- Shoulders + Forearms + Abs
    Day 6- OFF // Rest
    Day 7- Upper Body (Biceps + Tricep Dominant)

See you tomorrow for the first day and the official start of the log

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Great intro !!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

johnnyboog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wow!

That was a great introduction! Ill be following your log daily!
    I actually signed up on this messageboard to encourage you in your journey. I hope this product advances your progress; it would surely suck balls if you went through all the trouble of creating this fantastical Log, only to have negative results from the product! But, I will be positive and wish you luck on your adventure of epic proportions!

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnnyboog
    I actually signed up on this messageboard to encourage you in your journey. I hope this product advances your progress; it would surely suck balls if you went through all the trouble of creating this fantastical Log, only to have negative results from the product! But, I will be positive and wish you luck on your adventure of epic proportions!
    lol.

same body type, keep it up man.

Day 1 - July 2nd

And finally we get the party started..

Before I go into the day's details, here's my experience with

Green MAGnitude

Taste- I took 1/2 the serving as recommended for starting. Well, there's two sides of it. For one, the powder itself tastes absolutely awesome! My nose wasn't off when it smelt irresistible, it even tastes irresistible! I was literally licking it off my fingers. It tastes just like sour apple candy and the best kind, fantastic! If you are a fan of, or simply are alright with sour apple/granny smith apples, you will love this stuff. It is that fine line between being too sweet and being too sour. But that goes for the straight powder bit. When mixed with water.. we tell a different story. I mixed it with increasing amounts of water, just to try and find the right spot between it being too concentrated and too diluted. Don't let that small amount of a first serving fool you. This stuff is pretty concentrated with a small amount of water (~60ml), and along with it, tastes sour as hell. It's like it loses whatever sweetness it has and is just flat out sour. But a large amount of water (~200ml) can easily mask the taste of it. Keep in mind, this was only half the actual serving. I will continue to try and come out with a final stand on taste as we move along, but what I can assure is that a little bit of splenda with the drink, will most definitely make it taste spectacular. This way, it will give off that sweet and sour taste which would make it taste just like the powder.

Mixability- I don't have much experience with too many creatine products to compare it to, but even so, regardless of the one's I've tried (HP CEE & generic mono), it mixes like a dream. Scoop's up very easily, mixes instantly with the water, and leaves absolutely no residue behind. Nothing stuck to the glass, not much of a smell left behind. Scooper is fine too. Perfect, in my opinion.

Verdict- Controlled Labs, you've definitely won me over on this part of things. I am pretty much addicted to that damn thing. I'm finding it increasingly hard to not go take a pinch out of it every minute. Good stuff!

----------------------------------------------------------

Sleep
    Had trouble falling asleep. Kept awake one whole hour before finally giving in. Slept 9 hours straight. (This is before Green MAG started)

Diet

Well, for one I ran out of chicken+Peanut butter this morning . Luckily had some frozen salmon to save the day. Went down to a local store, chicken was way too expensive, so I chose lean beef for the night. My mom can get the chicken and PB for tomorrow. I couldn't do my during workout shake today, so I opted for the norm Pre and Post.

Time Green MAGnitude was taken - Pre-Workout [1 time(s)]

Meals for today -
    10:00- Homemade Pizza, Almonds, Egg white
    12:30- Salmon, Almonds, Cottage Cheese
    03:15- Oats, Whey Concentrate [Pre]
    04:00- Green MAGnitude, 5g Leucine
    05:45- Whey Isolate, 5g Leucine
    07:15- Almonds, Peanut Butter, Lean Beef, High Fiber Tortilla
    09:00- Almonds, Salmon, Peanut Butter, Egg
    10:45- Cottage Cheese, Almonds, Peanut Butter, Egg White

Training

Today = Quads, Calves
    *Sorry, I couldn't get the ETL workout thing working.

Workout

Warmup- (Weight x Reps)
    Squats 85 x 15
    Leg Presses 240 x 15

Squats
    105 x 12
    125 x 10
    155 x 10
    175 x 8
    185 x 8
    185 x 7

Leg Press
    320 x 10
    360 x 10
    400 x 10
    360 x 10 (Stance = Feet closer together)

Leg Extensions
    120 x 12
    135 x 10
    135 x 10

Seated Calf Raises
    135 x 10
    180 x 10
    180 x 10

Standing Calf Raises
    180 x 10
    180 x 5

Cardio
    Machine: Elliptical
    Speed/Intensity/Resistance: Low/High/High
    Time spent: 15 min.

Streching (times x __)
    2 x in between workout
    1 x after workout
    1 x after cardio

Duration
    Duration of Workout = 1 hour
    During of Everything else = 25 min
    Full Duration = 1 Hour : 25 Min

Comments-
    Energy- Energy was great today. Haven't been at my greatest during the last week. In the start, I was completely energetic and ready to kill. Later on, I felt drained.

Focus- All there. Kept my mind on the task at hand. Nothing out of the ordinary though.

Pump- Streches had the blood flowing right on the money! My quads literally were bustling is size. Felt great!

Nothing else to report for now. Any suggestion to what I should be looking for otherwise?

Think I covered everything, I'm off to eat. Hope all is well and thanks for following

Thanks man. I too would be disappointed if the product didn't work for me, but hey, I will be as unbias and insightful as possible. Well, that besides the fact that I didn't pay a thing for it I feel I owe consumers like us and honest review and I hope you would do the same if in question. And again, thank you very much for the good wishes. Hope this log and the forum is nothing short of disappointing to you. Good luck with your stuff as well!

Originally Posted by jhick40
    lol.

same body type, keep it up man.
    Hello brother endo! Found anything/care to share any experience with diet, supplements, etc. I'd love to hear it.

Awesome.

Oh yes, I forgot to add that I am roughly the same body type as well! Your diet looks awesome, both nutritious and delicious, can't go wrong there!
    I think im going to enjoy reading your logs; you dont seem so hardcore as the other people around the forums (no disrespect!).
    Having close to the same history with weight problems (both mentally and physically), I feel that I can trust you to make unbiased reviews, that I can learn from and apply to myself. Thank god your the guinea pig and not me (I have no will power when it comes to nutrition).

Fantastical start,
    looking forward to reading the rest!

MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoonMan12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i'm still young; but i can say that the first, and most important step is having the right food around-oats, whole grains, lean meats, etc. when i got these at the market, my diet was all downhill. having cookies, chips, sodas laying around was the demon that troubled my previous diets. they're all gone, and i'm gaining muscle and losin fat now!

Day 2 - July 3rd

Sleep- Fell asleep pretty quick given I was tired out of my mind. Slept 10 hours, waking up at the 6th to go take a leak.

The Day- Felt like crap really. I didn't feel real energized or anything like that. Went out in the morning to help with some moving at a friends for about a half hour. Nothing besides all that to report.

Sweating
    - Perspiring as usual. Nothing excessive.

Thirst- I've been feeling pretty thirsty and drinking a whole lot more since the last few days. Very much because of it being so goddamn hot. Nothing out of the norm.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Green MAGnitude

Taste-
    Today I took a full serving so I'll comment. Powder is still the bomb . The drink is well, sour. But then again, the flavouring is sour apple. Maybe I just miss how the powder tastes and want the drink to taste similar. I finally found a good spot with how much water to mix, so it wasn't too concentrated, nor too diluted, just right. Perhaps this was the reason that it actually tasted quite right, other than the taste growing on me. I won't make any changes to it for a few more days, but then I'm hitting the splenda

Mixability-
    Near perfect this time. Same as before, only this time I discovered a little bit of white particle residue left over when I was finished with drinking. A very small amount, yet there. Maybe I didn't stir well enough? I will make sure I stir perfectly the next time and see what happens then.

-------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Time Green MAGnitude was taken - Pre-Workout [2 time(s)]

Meals for Today-
    11:30- Eggs, Egg Whites, Almonds, Peanut Butter, High Fiber Torts
    01:45- Oats, Whey Concen, Chicken
    03:30- Green MAGnitude
    03:40--05:15- Whey Isolate, BCAA, Leucine (Pre-During-post workout)
    06:30- Sweet Potatoes, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds, High Fiber Torts
    09:00- High Fiber Torts, Beef
    11:30- Cottage Cheese, Peanut Butter, Almonds

-------------------------------------------------------

Training

Today = Upper Body (Back+Chest focused)

Workout

Decline Dumbell Press
    45's x 10
    50's x 8
    50's x 6
    50's x 8

Rows (Bar)
    95 x 8
    105 x 8
    45's x 8 (Dumbell)
    50's x 6 (Dumbell)

Deadlifts (Didn't have access to larger weights today)
    105 x 6
    105 x 6
    50's x 5
    55's x 5

Bench Press
    105 x 15
    165 x 8
    50's x 6 (Dumbell)
    50's x 8 (Dumbell)

Pec Dec
    90 x 8
    100 x 4
    100 x 6
    50 x 2 (held for 15 sec's each)

Lat Pulldown
    105 x 10
    120 x 8

Spider Curls (EZ Bar)
    70 x 8
    70 x 5

Barbell Curls
    55 x 8
    55 x 6

Overhead Tricep Pulldowns
    120 x 8
    120 x 8

Crunches
    120 x 15
    120 x 15
    BW x 15
    BW x 15

I felt like crap during my workout. Yesterday was awesome compared to today. I had to give it very effort in my body to get through. Focus was out as well. I just wasn't motivated to say. Pump wasn't there at all, even on streches. Strengh losses were very visible. I had a hard time with what I am usually capable of handling.

Cardio + Streching
    Cardio = Epi. for 15 min. @ Mid-High Intensity and lowered resistance
    Streching = Once after workout

Duration
    Workout = 1 hour 20 min
    Cardio = 15 min
    Streching = 5 min
    Total duration = 1 hour 40 min

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh yes, I forgot to add that I am roughly the same body type as well! Your diet looks awesome, both nutritious and delicious, can't go wrong there!
    I think im going to enjoy reading your logs; you dont seem so hardcore as the other people around the forums (no disrespect!).
    Having close to the same history with weight problems (both mentally and physically), I feel that I can trust you to make unbiased reviews, that I can learn from and apply to myself. Thank god your the guinea pig and not me (I have no will power when it comes to nutrition).

Fantastical start,
    looking forward to reading the rest!
    Thanks again for the kind words. No offense taken, I leave my ego at the door when I lift. I emphasize on getting the right form, making the rep a slow and progressive movement, and only then will I move up in weight. I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've had, hope you can sort them out in the best way possible. I'm working towards getting rid of mine Thanks for following and motivating me on. See you around

Originally Posted by jhick40
    i'm still young; but i can say that the first, and most important step is having the right food around-oats, whole grains, lean meats, etc. when i got these at the market, my diet was all downhill. having cookies, chips, sodas laying around was the demon that troubled my previous diets. they're all gone, and i'm gaining muscle and losin fat now!
    haha, your telling me. That stuff was my diet till I made a change. Eating clean is where it's at! I no longer feel the need to eat any of that. Just lost all it's appeal to me. Your on the right path. You will certainely get where you want to be within time. Good luck!

Day 3 - July 4th

Happy July 4th to all the people in the U.S.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sleep- Slept 9 hours. Woke up 4 times during that time to go take a leak, drink water, etc. Not bad overall though. I seem to tired as hell these days, fall asleep faster than ever.

The Day
    - And for the 2nd day in a row, I felt like complete crap. Maybe it's just the weather as someone mentioned to me, but holy cow, wow. It's like your tired all day, and your eyes burn. Oversleeping, perhaps. Go figure. DOMS set in today, legs and chest have some major soreness going on. But still managed to go workout. Tomorrow will be off if not a cardio/weighted streching day. Depends how my shoulders will be feeling.

Thirst- Becoming more pronounced, along with increasing trips to the bathroom. I don't know if it's the creatine yet, as the goddamn heat might be causing this itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Time Green MAGnitude was taken - Pre-Workout [3 time(s)]

Meals for today-
    10:00- Almonds, Peanut Butter (Front Loading)
    10:45- Chicken, High Fiber Torts
    1:30- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    3:30- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    6:00- Oats, Whey
    7:15- Green MAGnitude
    7:45--9:20 Whey Isolate, BCAA, Leucine
    10:00- Chicken, Almodns, Peanut Butter, High Fiber Tortilla
    12:00- Cottage Cheese, almonds, PB

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Training

Today = Shoulders, Abs

Workout

Seated Shoulder Dumbell Presses
    40's x 10
    45's x 8
    50's x 6 <- PR (Never lifted 50's)
    45's x 6

Front Raises
    20 x 5
    25 x 5
    25 x 4
    20 x 5

Military Presses
    85 x 6
    95 x 5
    105 x 5 <- PR (was 4 reps before)

Delt Row
    50 x 10
    60 x 8
    60 x 9

Lateral Raises
    30's x 3
    25's x 5

Crunches
    135 x 10
    BW x 15
    120 x 10
    BW x 15

Dumbell Side Presses (As instructed by Diamond Delts)
    35 x 8
    40 x 7
    40 x 6
    40 x 7

Backward Fly'es
    70 x 8
    90 x 8
    90 x 8

Well even though I felt like utter rubbish today, surprisingly, all that was gone once I hit the weights. Strength was very prominant, my lifts and endurance was quite remarkable today, especially given the fact I felt the same as I was yesterday but didn't have any strength loses to go with it. Delts were rocking, yeahhh buddddaay! Should rest up tomorrow, looking for some DOMS in the delts. Hopefully legs will have recovered.

Cardio & Streching
    Cardio = Treadmill for 5 min at very low intensity, low resistance
    Streching = 1 x in workout, 1 x after workout

Duration
    Workout = 1 hour 10 min
    Cardio = 5 min
    Streching = 15-20 min
    Total duration = 1 hour 30-35 min

---------------------------------------------------------------

Right on.

Ya creatine is ridiculous man, it makes you so thirsty. Ive been drinking an enormous amount of water since ive started, and then when I go to work out, its like the water just pours out of me - via sweat lol. I have, however managed to gain 10 pounds of "hopefully" pure muscle, in the past 2 months, and I owe it to creatine (and glutamine).
    Make sure you take a multivitamin with creatine! I have been told that a person flushes out a lot of essential nutrients while on creatine, because of all the urination! Thats what my dad told me at least...but hes probably on crack haha.

Great work out, keep up the good work.

Day 4 - July 5th

Sleep- Didn't hit my 8, I'm pissed. Slept late and didn't feel like sleeping upon waking. 7 hours through, with one awakening in between.

The Day- The first thing I noticed when I woke up and went about my business was fullness. No, no, I'm not talking about food, I was still straving from the nights sleep, but muscle fullness. I just found myself flexing every now and then. The DOMS for legs have gone, but now my chest is hurting like hell. Good stuff. Anyway, today was an off day, but I decided to take a serving of Green MAG as I went to dribble a little football after the game (france vs italy finals woo!) I'm feeling alright, nothing like crap as I have been the last few days. All in all, waiting for tomorrows session.

Kickin' the ball- Energy was certainly up to par. It was just dribbling around with the ball, goal kicks, etc. not a real game so not much to comment on. I mean, I didn't feel like superman or anything. Just normal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    9:30- Eggs, Egg Whites, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    12:00- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    2:00- Beef, High Fiber Tortillas, Almonds
    5:15- Salmon, Almonds, PB (Kinda got afixiated in the match )
    5:45- Green MAGnitude
    7:30- Beef, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    9:30--??? BCAA's, whey (Going to play football with chicks )
    10:30- Cottage Cheese, Almonds, Peanut Butter

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ya creatine is ridiculous man, it makes you so thirsty. Ive been drinking an enormous amount of water since ive started, and then when I go to work out, its like the water just pours out of me - via sweat lol. I have, however managed to gain 10 pounds of "hopefully" pure muscle, in the past 2 months, and I owe it to creatine (and glutamine).
    Make sure you take a multivitamin with creatine! I have been told that a person flushes out a lot of essential nutrients while on creatine, because of all the urination! Thats what my dad told me at least...but hes probably on crack haha.

Great work out, keep up the good work.
    Creatine will help you build muscle, yeah sure. There's tons of studies that support this. But your diet and training routine is where you roll your dice and win! Accredit it to that and a supplement rather than a supplement alone. Either way, great work!

Yup I take a multi-v everyday. Infact, I take 2 since I'm not eating any veggies.

Your dad does make and excellent and very true point. Water soluble vitamins do get flushed out as such with increased excretion.

Anyway, good to see you come by so very often. Thanks man.

Sleep- Didn't hit my 8, I'm pissed. Slept late and didn't feel like sleeping upon waking. 7 hours through, with one awakening in between.

The Day- The first thing I noticed when I woke up and went about my business was fullness. No, no, I'm not talking about food, I was still straving from the nights sleep, but muscle fullness. I just found myself flexing every now and then. The DOMS for legs have gone, but now my chest is hurting like hell. Good stuff. Anyway, today was an off day, but I decided to take a serving of Green MAG as I went to dribble a little football after the game (france vs italy finals woo!) I'm feeling alright, nothing like crap as I have been the last few days. All in all, waiting for tomorrows session.

Kickin' the ball- Energy was certainly up to par. It was just dribbling around with the ball, goal kicks, etc. not a real game so not much to comment on. I mean, I didn't feel like superman or anything. Just normal.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    9:30- Eggs, Egg Whites, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    12:00- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    2:00- Beef, High Fiber Tortillas, Almonds
    5:15- Salmon, Almonds, PB (Kinda got afixiated in the match )
    5:45- Green MAGnitude
    7:30- Beef, Almonds, Peanut Butter
    9:30--??? BCAA's, whey (Going to play football with chicks )
    10:30- Cottage Cheese, Almonds, Peanut Butter

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nice update !!!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Day 5 - July 6th

Sleep- Sleep was pretty good. Got in 9 hours. Woke up only once in between.

The Day- Soreness is pretty damn bad. I can't even make a strech to yawn because my chest just hurts like hell if I make any movements where it comes in to play. Again, when I feel against most muscles, they are hard as hell. Fullness is a definite here. I was pretty tired after todays session. I actually took a short nap (unwillingly, just fell asleep) I think I'm going to stick to my carbs limited around my workouts and perhaps the morning. I'm feeling all the effects of low-blood sugar and carb withdrawal like people do when they first start low-carbing. Besides that should create an ideal scenario to where carbs can be used for glycogen synthesis rather than the chance of not being used and stored as fat. Another mention, although embarrasing, but I've been farting like an ape. Oh well, I knew I shouldn't have eaten that cheese that smelt stale this morning. Great, huh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Time Green MAGnitude was taken - Pre-Workout [4 time(s)]

Meals for Today-
    10:30- Eggs, Egg White, Cheese, Veggies, Multi Grain Bread
    1:00- Peanut Butter, Almonds, Spinach, Chicken
    3:00- Peanut Butter, Almonds, Spinach, Chicken
    4:30- Green MAGnitude
    4:45--6:00- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
    7:00- Sweet Potato, Almonds, Chicken
    9:00- Peanut Butter, Almonds, Spinach, Chicken
    11:00- Cottage Cheese, Almonds, Peanut Butter

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training

Today: Traps, Calves, Forearms (Catch up muscle groups)

Workout

Dumbell-to-back Shrugs
    40's x 12
    50's x 12
    60's x 7
    60's x 8

Pullups
    BW x 15
    BW x 12
    BW x 10

Close Grip Upward Rows
    65 x 10
    75 x 8
    85 x 5

Seated Calf Raises
    135 x 10
    180 x 8
    180 x 10

Standing Calf Raises
    180 x 12
    220 x 9

Wrist Curls + (Reverse WC) [Superset]
    45 x 10-(10)-10-(10)
    65 x 8-(8)-2-(1)
    75 x 5-(5)-3-(3)

Wasn't exactly feeling it today. I came in quite tired and totally not in the mood. Wouldn't exactly call it a quality workout. I got exhaused by the end of it. Strength went to ****. Bah.

Cardio & Streching
    Cardio = Epi. for 25 min at low intensity, low resist
    Streching = 1 x after workout, 1 x after cardio

Duration
    Workout = 45 min
    Cardio = 25 min
    Streching = 5 min
    Total duration = 1 hour 15 min

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 6 - July 7th

Sleep- 9 hours. Fell asleep quick and woke up once in between.

The Day- Soreness has all gone, I feel great. Felt kind of flat for most of the day. I'm pissing and drinking excessively. Someone actually pointed out that I had 4 trips to the loo in a little over 1.5 hours. Not much to say other than that. Tomorrow, I'll get a weigh in and measurements. Think I'll post pics bi-weekly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    11:30- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    1:45- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    3:30- Green MAGnitude
    4:00--5:45- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
    7:30- Eggs, Egg White, Cheese, Veggies
    9:30- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    11:30- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter

Training

Today: Upper Body (Bi's and Tri's Predominant)

Workout

Hammer Curls
    35 x 5
    35 x 4
    30 x 6
    40 x 2

Skullcrushers
    75 x 10
    85 x 6
    85 x 6

Spidercurls EZ Bar
    70 x 8
    70 x 5
    70 x 5

Overhead Tricep Extensions
    25 x 5+5

Rack Pulls
    105 x 5
    105 x 5
    105 x 5

Bench Press
    110 x 10
    110 x 10
    50's x 10 (Dumbell)

Barbell Curls
    50 x 8
    50 x 6
    60 x 6
    60 x 6

120 x 6
    120 x 6
    120 x 6

Close-Grip Bench Press

70 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Crunches
    120 x 10
    BW x 15

Workout was pretty good. My arms were pumped like crazy! I couldn't even flex without it hurting. I couldn't extend it out to touch my back either. This is probably the second time in a very long while I've had a pump this crazy. Unreal! I perspired quite a bit for arms. I usually leave a pool when I'm doing large muscle groups and mainly compounds, but for isolations and small muscle groups, wow, I sweated quite a bit. Great stuff!

Cardio and Streching
    Cardio = Epi. for 20 min. at mid-intensity and mid-resis.
    Streching = 1 x after workout

Duration

Workout = 1 hour 15 min
    Cardio = 20 min
    Streching = 10 min
    Total = 1 hour 45 min

----------------------------------------------------------------

Day 7 - July 8th

Sleep- Got in 7.5 hours. Full strech, I wanted to go back to bed but felt too refreshed. Well, besides the fact that some jackass told me the match was on at 9.

The Day- Where do I begin. I jumped out of bed, went down to the gym, weighed in, got back, measured, and got really pissed off. I've been eating quite a lot, doing little to no cardio (after workout doesn't count, it's merely to get the blood flowing) and woopti-doo-da-dey! I friggin' lost weight. Sometimes I don't even know where I am headed. Oh well, had a bunch of people over I hadn't seen a long while. Hated 3 hours of "OMG.. you lost so much weight" "OMG.. how can you keep such discipline, I couldn't ever blah" "OMG .. will you marry me".. (The last one's made up) You know, when people have seen you as a fatass all of time and suddenly your a bit different, wham, here we go with the mindless bullcrap. Saying it once get's the point across. I don't need to hear it with friggin 5 sets of 10 reps to understand. Sorry guys, just a little venting. Well, what's more I got so fscking annoyed with please eat this, eat that, one day isn't going to make you fat, so I did. And a whole load. Arrg .. if only that chocolate didn't taste so good, I stay pissed. Eh.. I don't even know how many crappy cals I might have downed. Oh well, I'll come back.. I'll come back even stronger.

Weekly Measurements
    Quite a shocker for me. I'm counting on it being glycogen depletion, but hell, I just don't know anymore.

Diet
    To be completely honest, I don't even know how many cals I've consumed. After eating all that junk and chocolate, I just stopped logging for the day. I'm calling it a dirty refeed and moving along Before this, I felt completely crappy for doing it. I just need to reacess my goals and stick to them.

Took Green MAGnitude post-workout.

Training

Workout

Squats
    105 x 10
    155 x 8
    175 x 6
    195 x 8 <PR!
    215 x 4 < PR!
    215 x 5 < PR!

Stiff-Legged Deads
    85 x 5
    95 x 5
    95 x 5
    105 x 5
    105 x 5

BB Lunges
    65 x 16
    75 x 14
    85 x 14
    85 x 14
    85 x 12

*No cardio, No streching

Well after eating all that chocolate, I was totally up and ready to hit the gym. Squated to PR's today. I'd do more, but I have no spot, so I have to be pretty careful. Today, I just didn't care. Some whackjob had the gym booked, so I had to cut it short and got in whatever I could (Yeah, I'm in disbelief that they actually allow for that)

Duration
    Workout = 40 min

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Week 1 on Green MAGnitude

I'm sure it's way too early to comment of this just yet. If you have been following you will see that my workout's have been quite mixed with feedback. Some of the day's I will have more energy that usual, some I won't. My strength has certainly gone up as I am handing my usual weights more easily and with a little less effort. Endurance and the sort, not really much. Fullness has been evident these past few days and really noticible. I have started urinating and drinking more than usual (other than it being really hot) I didn't mention this before, but I have been having a little unfriendly gas problem. Never did have it before started. Taste has really grown on me. I have started to appreciate the taste even though it is quite sour (ahh.. duh, it is green/sour apple after all) That's that for week 1.

Summarize points-
    +Fullness
    +A little more strength
    +Great tasting!
    +Does mix instanly
    +Increased urination, thrist and sweating

-I've started some weird gas issues
    -Mixed feedback as a pre-workout supp
    -Lethargy on some days

(Neutral)- Leaves behind a small little residue, hardly noticible or worth a negative

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice

Great first week sir. Im looking forward to reading the rest. And dont worry about the chocolate and junk food, its what makes us human.

Sleep- 9 hours. Fell asleep quick and woke up once in between.

The Day- Soreness has all gone, I feel great. Felt kind of flat for most of the day. I'm pissing and drinking excessively. Someone actually pointed out that I had 4 trips to the loo in a little over 1.5 hours. Not much to say other than that. Tomorrow, I'll get a weigh in and measurements. Think I'll post pics bi-weekly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Diet

Meals for Today-
    11:30- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    1:45- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    3:30- Green MAGnitude
    4:00--5:45- Whey, BCAA, Leucine
    7:30- Eggs, Egg White, Cheese, Veggies
    9:30- Spinach, Chicken, Peanut Butter, Almonds
    11:30- Chicken, Almonds, Peanut Butter

Training

Today: Upper Body (Bi's and Tri's Predominant)

Workout

Hammer Curls
    35 x 5
    35 x 4
    30 x 6
    40 x 2

Skullcrushers
    75 x 10
    85 x 6
    85 x 6

Spidercurls EZ Bar
    70 x 8
    70 x 5
    70 x 5

Overhead Tricep Extensions
    25 x 5+5

Rack Pulls
    105 x 5
    105 x 5
    105 x 5

Bench Press
    110 x 10
    110 x 10
    50's x 10 (Dumbell)

Barbell Curls
    50 x 8
    50 x 6
    60 x 6
    60 x 6

120 x 6
    120 x 6
    120 x 6

Close-Grip Bench Press

70 x 10
    80 x 10
    80 x 10

Crunches
    120 x 10
    BW x 15

Workout was pretty good. My arms were pumped like crazy! I couldn't even flex without it hurting. I couldn't extend it out to touch my back either. This is probably the second time in a very long while I've had a pump this crazy. Unreal! I perspired quite a bit for arms. I usually leave a pool when I'm doing large muscle groups and mainly compounds, but for isolations and small muscle groups, wow, I sweated quite a bit. Great stuff!

Cardio and Streching
    Cardio = Epi. for 20 min. at mid-intensity and mid-resis.
    Streching = 1 x after workout

Duration

Workout = 1 hour 15 min
    Cardio = 20 min
    Streching = 10 min
    Total = 1 hour 45 min

Awesome !!!
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Day 8 - July 9th

Sleep- 9 hours. Woke up once in between.

The Day
    - Not a surprise, but I had some crazy soreness in my glutes and hams. Hurts just walking around. Feels like when I first started doing legs and couldn't walk the next 5 days. Fun stuff! Tri's were hurting as well so I decided to take off today. Sat at home, watched the finals and it was awesome watching italy win! Forza azzurri!! Starting monday, I'm adding in a session of cardio, be it just walking down to a store, etc. seperate from my workout. I felt pretty flat today, upper body wise, lower is just HARD!

Diet

Out of Almonds dammit.

10:00- Chicken, Tortillas, Peanut Butter
    12:30- Eggs, whites, cheese, veggies
    3:30- Peanut Butter, Chicken
    5:00- Brown Rice, chicken, PB
    7:00- Chicken, PB
    9:30- Salmon, PB
    11:30- Cottage Cheese, PB

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Training

Off day

Day 9 - July 10th

Sleep- 10 hours.

The Day- Great! I think I might have pulled my hamstring muscle. Just before heading to the gym, I decided to get a set of pull up's in, only these are done of the ledge looking down a bunch of stairs. All good, only messed up on my landing, and whamo, yes, I have a muscle pull. What's worse is that I have not streched in almost 2 days, so inflexible muscle with way I landed, doesn't really sound too good for me. Whatever it is, it's hurting like hell. I have been scouring through the medicine cabinet looking for something to relieve this damn pain. So far I'm using asprin, a topical rub-on anti-inflammation lotion, some more cissus and pretty much all the hope I've got that this isn't something major. I was just getting things in order, the last thing I need is an injury. No workout for me today. I'm sleeping on it tonight. If things don't seem upsteady by morning, I'm seeing a doc.

Uh Oh

Im sorry to hear that man, I hope you feel better!