Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

l*** KRAV MAGA ***l

I decided to make this thread for all those interested in, involved in or just unaware of Krav Maga.

I am a Kravist, that is a practioner of Krav Maga, under the organisation of the International Krav Maga Federation.

Feel free to discuss KM or ask me questions about the deadly art.
    ~
    A Short History of Krav Maga

*Developed in the 1930s by Imi Lichtenfeld aka Imi Sde-Or.
    *Purpose was to protect Jewish communities against Pro-Nazi gangs.
    *Adopted as the main combat system of the Israel Defence Forces.
    *The IKMF was created by Eyal Yanilov, Imi's main student and assistant.
    ~

Krav Maga has been developed to be one of the most successful self-defence systems in the world. It does not represent itself as a sport and there are no competitions held in its name. There is no set stance or style.

The main objective of Krav Maga is to avoid confrontation if possible, however in most circumstances this is not an option so combat must take place. In this case, Krav Maga focuses on taking control of a situation and neutralising a opponent or several opponents in the most effective and fastest way possible.

Krav Maga takes moves from various martial arts and alters them to suit situations that may arise in real life attacks. It considers all situations to be a 'worst case' scenario.

For the IDF to be using it as their primary art, in a constant war-time nation, it has to say something for the art.
    Everyone Has Role Models. I Have Mine Too:
    Yeshua, Abraham, Solomon, Rachel Joy Scott, Vitali Klitschko, Bruce Lee, Doug Richard, Ashraf Barhom, Paul Teutul Sr.

David killed Goliath and thus the first principle of Krav Maga was battle proven.

"If you get me in an arm-lock, you better break my arm. If you get me in a head-lock, you better break my neck because if I get out I'm going to break your ass!" -Kimbo Slice

Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh Jazz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I watched a few videos and it looks pretty cool but it seems like it's mostly about fighting off your average street thug who can't really fight so it's mostly about agression and not too much skill involved.

What if you come up against somebody who can fight, like a boxer or whatever.
    How does it fare against them?

Gangster of Timepieces RedSoxfan1978's Avatar
    RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post
    I watched a few videos and it looks pretty cool but it seems like it's mostly about fighting off your average street thug who can't really fight so it's mostly about agression and not too much skill involved.

Good question. I did KM for a couple of years and I boxed for three years in my younger days. KM is about ending things fast, its down and dirty, or was where I learned it. Its not pretty but it def. works if applied. It targets a lot of "soft targets" which work on anyone. NOW it all comes down to YOU. The person using the said system. Be it MMA, boxing, KM, whatever. I grew up in some very bad areas and fought all my life. I dont like to fight, but it just seemed like something that had to be done at that time.

If someone bullies you or tries and you dont check them from day one, they will **** with you every time they see you forever and always. I fought people who did boxing, street fighters, karate, and whatever else. MMA was not really around back then as we know it today. But people dont change. Someone always THINKS they are a badass.

My whole thing is, I got hit pretty solid by my dad growing up when I needed it, and I needed it a lot, I was headed toward being a very bad teenager/young man. By the time I was boxing at 16, between my old man, and fighting other kids, I had NO fear of being hit. None. That is the biggest thing with people. I also knew I could take a punch, another HUGE thing IMO that is overlooked, cause some people simply cant take a punch, and you cant train that, you either have a solid chin or you dont.

Anyway, would KM "work" against a boxer, its depends on who they are and where you are, if you are at jab distance, your in big trouble. If you are in an elevator and on top of him, he cant get away, and probably cant get any power, no room to move etc, KM could put him down. You just can never say for sure. Whoever lands the first big hit usually wins. Thats been my experience with it all.

I know from personal experience, if I smash someone in the nose hard, then elbow them in the throat or take out their knee or shin, or instep of their foot, the fight is pretty much done and Im gtfo of there.

Im 30 now and old, I avoid any and all conflicts if I can. I survived a lot of things, and some I probably shouldnt have, so why push my luck. Now I avoid and if it comes to it and I cant run I let my .45 do my fighting. Too many of these young thundercat mutha****ers running around all thinking they are a Gracie or something. I cant be bothered.

Sorry for the Colin post, just my views and I have been in too many fights and scraps to really name. Not proud of it, but its just how it was. I kind of regret some of them now. Kind of...
    "Johan tells me that your luggage, is the luggage of the poor."

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation." - Col. Jeff Cooper USMC Ret.

1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 1_COR_16.13_old is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz View Post

Originally Posted by RedSoxfan1978 View Post
    Good question. I did KM for a couple of years and I boxed for three years in my younger days. KM is about ending things fast, its down and dirty, or was where I learned it. Its not pretty but it def. works if applied. It targets a lot of "soft targets" which work on anyone. NOW it all comes down to YOU. The person using the said system. Be it MMA, boxing, KM, whatever. I grew up in some very bad areas and fought all my life. I dont like to fight, but it just seemed like something that had to be done at that time.

Anyway, would KM "work" against a boxer, its depends on who they are and where you are, if you are at jab distance, your in big trouble. If you are in an elevator and on top of him, he cant get away, and probably cant get any power, no room to move etc, KM could put him down. You just can never say for sure. Whoever lands the first big hit usually wins. Thats been my experience with it all.

I know from personal experience, if I smash someone in the nose hard, then elbow them in the throat or take out their knee or shin, or instep of their foot, the fight is pretty much done and Im gtfo of there.
    Krav Maga does actually teach defences against a wide variety of attackers. I have learnt some and seen others. Everything from defences to bar drunks to skilled fighters. These include takedowns to blocks against martial art moves.
    As RedSox said though it depends on the person. Though the comment against a boxer I disagree. My instructor in recent weeks has been emphasizing 'close' attacks such as sudden punches eg: jabs.
    A jab lacks power and can be very fast so while it may hit you, training in KM can teach you to regain your foothold over the situation quickly.

Many people say to me 'Oh so you know this and that but what if this happens?'

Let's be honest here. There is no magical art.
    A skilled KM fighter might mess up one day and cop a knee from an amateur kickboxer. Who knows.

These are the types of situations I have learnt and/or seen in my time training in KM so far:

1-6 Attackers
    Knife Attacks
    Close Gun Attacks
    Defence against all types of punches
    Defence against all types of kicks
    Execution of many kicks and punches
    Defence against many types of chokes including sleeper
    Defence against batons, bats etc
    Defence against glassings and glass attacks
    Disabling suicide attackers

That's just a small few.
    The point is the list of opportunities of specific training is vast.

So it does teach against many different types of people and situations but it is no miracle. Either is anything.
    One day a MT and a TKD guy meet. The MT guy wins.
    Another day they meet again. The TKD guy wins.

So many factors can attribute to the outcome of a fight.
    It's just better to know something than nothing at all.
    Yeshua, Abraham, Solomon, Rachel Joy Scott, Vitali Klitschko, Bruce Lee, Doug Richard, Ashraf Barhom, Paul Teutul Sr.

David killed Goliath and thus the first principle of Krav Maga was battle proven.

"If you get me in an arm-lock, you better break my arm. If you get me in a head-lock, you better break my neck because if I get out I'm going to break your ass!" -Kimbo Slice

Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liver_Kick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I state the same thing everytime someone posts this stuff.

I don't have much respect for Krav as a whole due to the fact that it is a hybrid art that incorporates techniques from Muay Thai and boxing without requiring any actual training in those arts to be able to teach it.

They miss a great deal of the subtelty of these arts due to this. I have never been impressed sparring with them either, and while you can say that sparring does not represent a "street fight," (whatever that is) I don't trust anything not drilled thousands of time against a resisting opponent.

In the end if it makes you happy do it, but it's hardly the "most successful self defence systems in the world."

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I usually stay away from these threads because of the ignorant f*cking people that don't know what they're talking about.

But I'll be passing out reps on recharge.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RedSoxfan1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 1_COR_16.13 View Post
    Krav Maga does actually teach defences against a wide variety of attackers. I have learnt some and seen others. Everything from defences to bar drunks to skilled fighters. These include takedowns to blocks against martial art moves.
    As RedSox said though it depends on the person. Though the comment against a boxer I disagree. My instructor in recent weeks has been emphasizing 'close' attacks such as sudden punches eg: jabs.
    A jab lacks power and can be very fast so while it may hit you, training in KM can teach you to regain your foothold over the situation quickly.

Many people say to me 'Oh so you know this and that but what if this happens?'

Let's be honest here. There is no magical art.
    A skilled KM fighter might mess up one day and cop a knee from an amateur kickboxer. Who knows.

These are the types of situations I have learnt and/or seen in my time training in KM so far:

1-6 Attackers
    Knife Attacks
    Close Gun Attacks
    Defence against all types of punches
    Defence against all types of kicks
    Execution of many kicks and punches
    Defence against many types of chokes including sleeper
    Defence against batons, bats etc
    Defence against glassings and glass attacks
    Disabling suicide attackers

That's just a small few.
    The point is the list of opportunities of specific training is vast.

So it does teach against many different types of people and situations but it is no miracle. Either is anything.
    One day a MT and a TKD guy meet. The MT guy wins.
    Another day they meet again. The TKD guy wins.

So many factors can attribute to the outcome of a fight.
    It's just better to know something than nothing at all.
    This is an excellent post with many good points. I was unfortunate enough to grow up fighting. There is no replacement for the real thing, KM comes very close,its very good at that. The screaming and stress drills, the suit, and padding that allows you to strike full speed and with full power as you become more advanced etc.

As far as jabs go, yes they are generally weak, but there are people with jabs that are brutal. Sonny Liston had a jab that was as hard as most peoples straight rights. I know, how many Sonny Listons are there out there? Not many.

It all comes down to the day and the man, not the art.

"The will to survive is not as important as the will to prevail... the answer to criminal aggression is retaliation." - Col. Jeff Cooper USMC Ret.

Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delta1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    brb dedicating my life to krav maga for the next 10 years.

Originally Posted by RedSoxfan1978 View Post
    This is an excellent post with many good points. I was unfortunate enough to grow up fighting. There is no replacement for the real thing, KM comes very close,its very good at that. The screaming and stress drills, the suit, and padding that allows you to strike full speed and with full power as you become more advanced etc.

As far as jabs go, yes they are generally weak, but there are people with jabs that are brutal. Sonny Liston had a jab that was as hard as most peoples straight rights. I know, how many Sonny Listons are there out there? Not many.

It all comes down to the day and the man, not the art.
    Man the drills are crazy. Lol. Yeah you got screaming and stuff. Other methods include working out hard then practicing Krav Mag while extremely fatigued, the use of fog machines and strobe lights, loud music, objects all over the floor and I have seen 360 mirrors used in one video.
    Crazy.

Originally Posted by Liver_Kick View Post
    I state the same thing everytime someone posts this stuff.

I don't have much respect for Krav as a whole due to the fact that it is a hybrid art that incorporates techniques from Muay Thai and boxing without requiring any actual training in those arts to be able to teach it.

They miss a great deal of the subtelty of these arts due to this. I have never been impressed sparring with them either, and while you can say that sparring does not represent a "street fight," (whatever that is) I don't trust anything not drilled thousands of time against a resisting opponent.

In the end if it makes you happy do it, but it's hardly the "most successful self defence systems in the world."
    Well I guess you make a few good points but alot of instructors do other arts too. One of my instructors does, or has done BJJ and Capoeira (if that's how you spell it).

The other thing is KM takes what it needs and doesn't let any confrontation become a fight. Your objective is to become aware of the attack, defend and attack at the same time (Retzev) and then when possible, get away from danger.

We aren't there to exchange blows. For example if a guy comes up and throws a straight, we step the side with a twist of the body and deflect the punch. AT the same time we throw a punch to the solar plexus or head. It may then move into grabbing the attackers head, pulling him down and throwing in 1 or 2 knees then throwing him to the ground. Then we get away.
    We don't fight, we neutralise any threat and then clear ourselves of the danger.

What I don't like is many KM organisations aren't even based on or around Imi's creation. One such organisation holds a 3-day course that makes a nobody become a KM instructor. What the stuff is that?! That's not KM.
    This can be related to the quoted post, many Kravists learn a minimal amount of moves and are considered Krav Maga instructors or practioners.

Rubbish.
    Last edited by 1_COR_16.13; 12-11-2008 at 05:20 PM.

k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The other thing is KM takes what it needs and doesn't let any confrontation become a fight. Your objective is to become aware of the attack, defend and attack at the same time (Retzev) and then when possible, get away from danger.
    And this is the most important concept to consider. A lot of people are too caught up in the MMA craze. In a street fight there are no rounds, no refs, and maybe even no tap outs. There's no "feeling out phase". If some drunk ass thug starts choking you out do you think he's going to stop when you start tapping? If you're lucky. If not he'll just keep cranking until he breaks your neck.

I trained in JKD for over 7 years. We incorporated very similar concepts to Krav Maga and we trained them as realistically as we could. We even had knife training. We would wear white t-shirts, goggles and magic markers. It was fair game on just about everything. You would have to try and defend yourself with whatever moves you could while your attacker could do the same but also had a knife. We were quite a sight at the end of class with marks all over our body. It really opened my eyes about the dangers of a knife attack.

I have a great deal of respect for Krav Maga and other similar martial arts teachings. I've always been drawn more towards the killer self defense aspect of martial arts. Since I now train MMA as well I think I have a very effective and well rounded arsenal to defend myself with in the street.

Originally Posted by k0bun View Post
    And this is the most important concept to consider. A lot of people are too caught up in the MMA craze. In a street fight there are no rounds, no refs, and maybe even no tap outs. There's no "feeling out phase". If some drunk ass thug starts choking you out do you think he's going to stop when you start tapping? If you're lucky. If not he'll just keep cranking until he breaks your neck.

I trained in JKD for over 7 years. We incorporated very similar concepts to Krav Maga and we trained them as realistically as we could. We even had knife training. We would wear white t-shirts, goggles and magic markers. It was fair game on just about everything. You would have to try and defend yourself with whatever moves you could while your attacker could do the same but also had a knife. We were quite a sight at the end of class with marks all over our body. It really opened my eyes about the dangers of a knife attack.

I have a great deal of respect for Krav Maga and other similar martial arts teachings. I've always been drawn more towards the killer self defense aspect of martial arts. Since I now train MMA as well I think I have a very effective and well rounded arsenal to defend myself with in the street.

Well said bro. It is right to say KM and JKD follow the same principles. No set style or stance, no rules and incorporation of other techniques that 'work'. The only thing, really that I know of between these two - note that I know little of JKD - is that both of them took aspects from different styles eg: JKD uses some Kung Fu I think and KM uses some BJJ.

Both Bruce Lee and Imi Sde-Or were on to something with the "Use what you need, throw out what you don't" application.

k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50) k0bun will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well said bro. It is right to say KM and JKD follow the same principles. No set style or stance, no rules and incorporation of other techniques that 'work'. The only thing, really that I know of between these two - note that I know little of JKD - is that both of them took aspects from different styles eg: JKD uses some Kung Fu I think and KM uses some BJJ.

Both Bruce Lee and Imi Sde-Or were on to something with the "Use what you need, throw out what you don't" application.
    JKD did originate around Kung Fu. Like you said, "use what you need..." We took aspects of a lot of different styles. Kung Fu, Escrima/Kali, BJJ, Sambo, Judo, etc. Since the concepts are very personalized no person will learn it, teach it, or utilize it the same. My instructor focused more on practical self defense. He was in the military and later moonlighted as a bouncer so his methods were more realistic than sport.

I can understand the opinion that in KM you don't learn a particular style well enough but I think they're missing the point when they say that. KM and JKD are not trying to specialize in any particular style. They are not attempting to become a champion of anything. They just want to use the techniques that are most effective and lend themselves best to fighting. No matter what you train in you have to admit that every style has a handful of techniques that are just too over the top and showmanship based to actually work in real life. That is what's avoided in styles like Krav Maga and JKD. It's a concept not a specific style. Unless you train it, it's probably hard to fully understand.

Anyway 1_COR I don't want to hijack your thread. I just felt like adding my thoughts.

Reps
    Last edited by k0bun; 12-11-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Much appreciated bro.

Originally Posted by k0bun View Post

These are also excellent point. There is no one to stop anything in the real world. Sad as it might be that is the case. The BEST thing you can do is avoid the situation all together. I honestly believe 90% of fights could be avoided. However Im not a fool, sometimes, despite your best efforts, trouble finds you. Simple as that. When it does, hit hard, hit first, and GTFO. Fighting out of a ring is a competition with no trophy, no prize and if your lucky you might live to fight another day. Not a good thing.

trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) trajedya has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    So How Do We Get Started? I Cant Wait!!!! Damn!!

Originally Posted by trajedya View Post
    So How Do We Get Started? I Cant Wait!!!! Damn!!
    Lol.

If anyone ever wants to get started in it, I strongly encourage it.

Will benefit Law Enforcement or the Military more because you get to learn deeper stuff than civillians do.

Bump

NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000) NaggerGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is a place IKMF certified place in Seattle near me. Only 5 in the America so I hear.

Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Juelz919 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

i dont know much about it?

but i've been hearing alot about it as of late did someone famous say they do it?

its everywhere..

is it just like really aggressive and brute?
    The answer to all your questions lies within this thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)
    good thread.

I've always wanted to know more about KM.

How much sparring do you guys do?

I know the object isn't to fight toe to toe, but more to get the job done and get out. That being said, I'm a big proponent of going against a fully resistant opponent in training as a main staple. How much of this is done in KM?
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a Israeli Defender, I've been studying a lot about KM. It is very applicable in the real world as long as you have self control and are aware of your surroundings. Always be in control of yourself.

I wish we has a school near me, I definitley include it in my training.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Emoore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had a year of KM before I moved and I think that it's extremely beneficial for women looking for self-defense. My class was about half female and the instructor always made sure that the women had a chance to try out the techniques on the men. That's a great thing because a) it gives a woman confidence that the technique she just learned really can work in an attack situation and b) it helps women understand how much stronger men actually are. Some women walk around thinking that because they took a 2hr "rape defense" course in college they can out-fight a guy, and other women (particularly ones who have been abused) feel like men are so much stronger what's the use of putting up a fight? Krav helps dispel both of these notions.

greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just tested for my orange belt tonight, GODDAMN, that was one of the most intense workouts I've ever done. I thought I was gonna puke, didn't help that I had a large dinner shortly before testing. Passed, but I'm not looking forward to my next testing, which will be to move up to purple and "intermediate" lessons, ie, from basic street fighting to disarming weapons

Originally Posted by Juelz919 View Post
    but i've been hearing alot about it as of late did someone famous say they do it?

its everywhere..

is it just like really aggressive and brute?
    It is aggressive but the initial 'stages' of a dispute are to try and resolve it. If it isn't possible, like most cases, then yes it becomes fast, hard and destructive.

Originally Posted by ArchDukeOfTops View Post
    good thread.

I've always wanted to know more about KM.

How much sparring do you guys do?

I know the object isn't to fight toe to toe, but more to get the job done and get out. That being said, I'm a big proponent of going against a fully resistant opponent in training as a main staple. How much of this is done in KM?
    As said we don't fight toe-to-toe but we do spar, quite unlike boxing which I have trained heavily in also.
    The sparring lasts for a few minutes, if that, as it should be in a real situation. When the proper KM padding equipment is worn, we are able to go almost all-out against our sparring partner. The level of training ie: Military, Law Enforcement or Civillian matters on how much you are able to do.

Originally Posted by Emoore View Post
    I had a year of KM before I moved and I think that it's extremely beneficial for women looking for self-defense. My class was about half female and the instructor always made sure that the women had a chance to try out the techniques on the men. That's a great thing because a) it gives a woman confidence that the technique she just learned really can work in an attack situation and b) it helps women understand how much stronger men actually are. Some women walk around thinking that because they took a 2hr "rape defense" course in college they can out-fight a guy, and other women (particularly ones who have been abused) feel like men are so much stronger what's the use of putting up a fight? Krav helps dispel both of these notions.
    Many times when we train with female students we try to be 'gentle'. Not only is this wrong for us because we must learn to go hardcore on an enemy but as you said, they must learn to take the full force of hits, etc.

Originally Posted by greg_84 View Post
    I just tested for my orange belt tonight, GODDAMN, that was one of the most intense workouts I've ever done. I thought I was gonna puke, didn't help that I had a large dinner shortly before testing. Passed, but I'm not looking forward to my next testing, which will be to move up to purple and "intermediate" lessons, ie, from basic street fighting to disarming weapons
    You are talking of KM right?
    Not all KM organisations or even branches use the belt system, some use 'levels' or 'stages' whatever.
    That is good though. Congrats.

ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000) ArchDukeOfTops is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

As said we don't fight toe-to-toe but we do spar, quite unlike boxing which I have trained heavily in also.
    The sparring lasts for a few minutes, if that, as it should be in a real situation. When the proper KM padding equipment is worn, we are able to go almost all-out against our sparring partner. The level of training ie: Military, Law Enforcement or Civillian matters on how much you are able to do.
    Cool. I can definately see that as being effective. You don't have to have a kickboxing match to have good sparring, it just has to be as close to full speed as you can get without hurting each other.

Check you PMs
    Training Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142931161

greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000) greg_84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You are talking of KM right?
    Not all KM organisations or even branches use the belt system, some use 'levels' or 'stages' whatever.
    That is good though. Congrats.
    Yes talking about Krav

I have two prominent organizations near my house, I joined the wrong one, because they gave me a free month.

The other organization does not imply the belt system, but it teaches you more right off the get go. I really don't know how long I will be taking it which is why I believe it was a mistake. I signed up for 6 months. By time it's possible for me to move up, I'll have to lock in again.

Originally Posted by greg_84 View Post
    Yes talking about Krav

I have two prominent organizations near my house, I joined the wrong one, because they gave me a free month.

The other organization does not imply the belt system, but it teaches you more right off the get go. I really don't know how long I will be taking it which is why I believe it was a mistake. I signed up for 6 months. By time it's possible for me to move up, I'll have to lock in again.
    Ah ok.
    Personally, and not because it's the org I train under, but any branch recognised by the IKMF is the way to go. The IKMF is headed by the creator's first and primary student, Eyal Yanilov. It is the system recognised by the actual IDF. The rest are KM also but differ on the execution of many of the techniques.

I have added some really good KM videos to my bodyspace profile 'fitness video' section.
    Check them out if your interested.

INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50) INSERT_NAME will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have added some really good KM videos to my bodyspace profile 'fitness video' section.
    Check them out if your interested.
    how can i check to see if a certain gym is registered/certified/whatever by the organization you were talkin about earlier. I dont want to take some watered down, kick in the groin, and run class. I want the real thing, if i ever need it i want to put the other guy in a wheelchair at the least.