Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Run every Day for 100 Days

I have challenged myself to run every day for 100 days
    I am on Day 10 and I feel amazing
    will try to post here regularly give an update
    When I started 10 days ago I weighed 279Lbs
    6 ft 3 and 32 years old
    except for the last month or 2 I have not worked out for the last 4 years or more
    I used to go to the gym 5 times a week and I have been a avid runner and hiker since I was 13
    Now I use the excuse that work on a tree farm 5 days a week and its very physical work most days lifting logs , digging , chainsaws, walking , dragging brush, etc but its not enough . I feel like I am at that point where if i let myself go another year I wont ever be able to obtain that tight skinned toned body I once had years ago.
    So a couple months ago
    a Good friend of mine showed me a fitness application on his smart phone and was bragging to me that he had ran 4.8 miles and so I added the app to my phone to help encourage him and check out the trails and places he was mountain biking and running .
    So Long story short I got the urge to go for a run just to try the app out and being competitive I had to beat his longest run so on my first run in like 4 years I pushed through and got about 1 mile over his so about 6 miles . as
    Attached Images
    Last edited by johnlosing; 08-22-2015 at 09:21 AM.

johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnlosing is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    heres me all chubby looking on day 2
    Attached Images

TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100) TheRealMvp123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good luck! You can do it!

Originally Posted by TheRealMvp123 View Post
    Good luck! You can do it!
    Thanks for the support !

when I started this challenge 10 days ago I weighed 279lbs
    I got on the scale yesterday and had a reading of 273.4
    It was right after a 4 mile run so I know a good portion of it is from sweating so much but still awesome to see it go down instead of up

snphlptt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    best of luck man!
    stay motivated

looking forward to seeing the transformation

Originally Posted by snphlptt View Post
    best of luck man!
    stay motivated

looking forward to seeing the transformation
    thanks I am soo motivated and feeling good I got on the scale this morning after 4 mile run and I weighed 272
    and thats after I drank a Gatorade and ate oatmeal

CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000) CoffeeBlack77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's your diet like?

Last thing you want to do is undereat.

Originally Posted by CoffeeBlack77 View Post
    What's your diet like?

Last thing you want to do is undereat.
    I am eating pretty much the same as I have over these last 4 years of not working out
    which was definitely over eating for a person not "working out "
    But granted over the past 4 years I have been gaining pretty slowly probably due to working so hard on the tree Farm 5 days a week

yesterday I ate
    3 slices of pizza
    2 small packs of peanut butter crackers ,
    two servings of "Dal Palak" Spicy Lentils with spinach and tandoori bread its Indian food , 1 20 ounce mtn dew ,
    about half a gallon of water ,
    3 super thin slices of deli ham

I appreciate the input
    I am not wanting to lose weight too fast because I don't want excess amounts of loose skin

Normally i eat a little less Junk food in a day
    on a typical day i will eat
    2 fried eggs
    half cup grits
    2 slices of bacon
    toast with light butter

Lunch time
    ham and turkey sandwich , 1 serving of chips and a 20 ounce mtn dew

snack time
    crackers or salted peanuts or 2 or 3 slices of ham or turkey

dinner time
    2 servings Fried rice with egg
    broccoli and chicken
    I drink lots of water througout the day probably 1 gallon to half a gallon or more during summer

I go to a buffet of some sort at least 1 time a week
    and try to always get a BiG Salad first I love baby spinach leaves and use that as my lettuce
    I add some grilled chicken and sparingly use ranch dressing , after I eat that I get a big plate of whatever else I want including fried shrimp chicken, fries , mashed potatoes , green beans, asparagus ,steak , broccoli etc
    I don't really do deserts
    Last edited by johnlosing; 08-22-2015 at 08:43 AM.

I re weighed after eating sandwich and hydrating some more and I weigh 274.4
    definitely a motivator
    wish my photos would show up without having to go to a Link to view them
    I have a youtube channel Im uploading my progress to as well if anyone is interested

Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Strangelydrunk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good job man! Nice progress already keep it up and keep us updated

I decided to run a mile this morning to let my legs recover

LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LAMuscleSwag is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Full respect to you man.. Keep at it and you'll be amazed at what you can do!

Originally Posted by LAMuscleSwag View Post
    Full respect to you man.. Keep at it and you'll be amazed at what you can do!
    thanks for the support brother I really do appreciate it
    I went easy on my run this morn to recover my legs but im going to get on my total gym today and hit it hard
    cant wait to get on it

carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Running is good. Just remember the real change on the scale comes from your diet, OP.

JackCena has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you just run for 100 mile in one day and take the week off running it will be fine i personally recommend a 500 mile jog once a week.

Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andreas1816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JackCena View Post
    if you just run for 100 mile in one day and take the week off running it will be fine i personally recommend a 500 mile jog once a week.
    this guy lol

(stay on topic) This is great, I respect you for taking your time and that you have the dedication to change your life.

Originally Posted by Andreas1816 View Post
    this guy lol

(stay on topic) This is great, I respect you for taking your time and that you have the dedication to change your life.
    thanks very much for the encouraging words

Day 13
    I didnt get up early enough to run this morn so I will have to run this afternoon But Im Planning on 5 miles of some hilly roads
    High traffic with tractor trailers mostly so That means its a extra challenge cause when I see one I have to get off the road and run along side the road in the tall grass
    with all sorts of obstacles , to jump over and steep banks to climb , mail boxes , Fire ant mounds to dodge lol it makes it more interesting but definitely more challenging

Originally Posted by carolinahbrah View Post
    Running is good. Just remember the real change on the scale comes from your diet, OP.
    I hear That I am going to have to start making healthier choices when it comes to food for sure

yesterday Afternoon I went on a 4.3 mile
    my strava app says
    burned 1,080 calories
    total time 49:25
    elevation 147 ft
    average pace 11:28
    I pushed harder and ran the last mile at a 9:56
    I know that's not great but to me its progress from my start at 14 min miles

tried to get in a Morning run this morn but ended up going around 11 am and man was it Hot !
    I ended up running 3.3 mile with a 157 elevation gain
    and 845 calories

Lots of "off Road Running" steep banks and uneven road shoulders to run cause soo many vehicles riding to go get lunch i guess

went for a 1 mile run with my 8 year old son yesterday afternoon
    man that boy can run!

Day 15 ! cant wait to get out for my morning run today
    Last edited by johnlosing; 08-26-2015 at 07:46 AM.

js321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gl bro!

FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FireKnight1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You can loose some serious weight lifting running, but be sure your staying hydrated. Running 5 miles a day and the average person will loose about 1 lb of fat a week if you keep everything else the same. Wishing you luck with your running. Do you have a target distance your shooting for at the end of this program?

Originally Posted by FireKnight1 View Post
    You can loose some serious weight lifting running, but be sure your staying hydrated. Running 5 miles a day and the average person will loose about 1 lb of fat a week if you keep everything else the same. Wishing you luck with your running. Do you have a target distance your shooting for at the end of this program?
    Thanks Fireknight for the insight I definitely am having to hydrate very well the night before my run and then a hour or 2 before the run , then a couple big gulps of water or Gatorade right before i Start Pounding pavement because I dont take any water with me . I am Soaked when I am done from head to toe.
    Id like to be able to run 6 miles out then 6 miles back with hydration of course

Gjorgie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wish you luck man I might just join you haha

Originally Posted by Gjorgie View Post
    Wish you luck man I might just join you haha
    Awesome man ! thanks for the encouragement
    I didnt get to go run this morn so I did it this afternoon
    I just got back I did 3.7 miles I was hoping to do at least 4 but it didnt happen , I guess the day after day is catching up lol my shins flared back up and my knees are feeling the daily abuse , Im not going to quit
    But I think 2morrow Im going to try for just 1 mile and let my legs and knees recover again . I will hit the Total gym hard and try and stretch everything back out and work out my chest , arms and abs

carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50) carolinahbrah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by johnlosing View Post
    Awesome man ! thanks for the encouragement
    I didnt get to go run this morn so I did it this afternoon
    I just got back I did 3.7 miles I was hoping to do at least 4 but it didnt happen , I guess the day after day is catching up lol my shins flared back up and my knees are feeling the daily abuse , Im not going to quit
    But I think 2morrow Im going to try for just 1 mile and let my legs and knees recover again . I will hit the Total gym hard and try and stretch everything back out and work out my chest , arms and abs
    I think I posted this a few days ago, but I just want to reiterate: if you get discouraged by the running – which is really hard work imo – just remember that it won't change your body; your diet and nutrition will.