FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000) FitAmbition90 is just really nice. (+1000)

Should I bother snagging a BCAA supp?

So I have never taken a BCAA supplement, but I know there are added BCAAs in my protein supplements. Should I also have a standalone BCAA to take on the morning before fasted cardio? The training session typically lasts about 1.5 hours...

Or is it enough that I take a protein after the workout that contains BCAAs?

ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ebunch12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Actually using BCAAs for fasted cardio can be beneficial. I only use them for fasted cardio/training
    Iron Hyde Apparel
    @IronHyde_Apparel
    www.ironhydeapparel.com
    10% off for forum members. PM me for code

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FitAmbition90 View Post
    So I have never taken a BCAA supplement, but I know there are added BCAAs in my protein supplements. Should I also have a standalone BCAA to take on the morning before fasted cardio? The training session typically lasts about 1.5 hours...

All proteins contain amino acids. You may think you're training fasted, but really you're not. You're simply training without eating a pre workout meal, that does not automatically mean you're "fasted."

If you need energy for your workout, BCAAs can be helpful. However, not including BCAAs does not mean you'll catabolize muscle or inhibit fat loss. Your body is interested in the total daily balance of protein, not protein timing. Yes, i said it right, the body is not too concerned with protein immediately post workout. If you're ingesting plenty of protein during the day, you don't need BCAA supplementation. If you are lagging in your workouts then yes, consider BCAAs which will be instant fuel for the body.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50) vladpower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's your goal OP? I find that bcaa's help me recover a day quicker from intense workouts regardless of how much protein I ingest in a day. If you're recovering fine in between hitting body parts I'd say you're fine.
    How I went from 260 pounds with a solid B cup to 200 pounds with abs and 2 state championships?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/vladsfbads <---Subscribe
    www.********.com/getfitwithvlad
    www.whypaleo.com (launch 12/2012)

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bcaa's can only help as they are the three amino acids that stimulate muscle growth found in all proteins (lean beef, fish, eggs, chicken, whey protein)

they are isolated so they take out the other aminos and you have low calorie aminos that stimulate muscle growth

imo they are very benefical

see my sig, pm with with your name address city state and zip and ill send you free samples, including two different flavors of bcaa's(recoverpro)
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ericdose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    All proteins contain amino acids. You may think you're training fasted, but really you're not. You're simply training without eating a pre workout meal, that does not automatically mean you're "fasted."

If you need energy for your workout, BCAAs can be helpful. However, not including BCAAs does not mean you'll catabolize muscle or inhibit fat loss. Your body is interested in the total daily balance of protein, not protein timing. Yes, i said it right, the body is not too concerned with protein immediately post workout. If you're ingesting plenty of protein during the day, you don't need BCAA supplementation. If you are lagging in your workouts then yes, consider BCAAs which will be instant fuel for the body.
    All of the above is correct. You don't need BCAAs but they are beneficial if you have the extra money.
    Paternus Deus, Humana Fraternitas

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    have seen some positive data on them but never noticed anything while taking them myself.
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joeyddi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    have seen some positive data on them but never noticed anything while taking them myself.
    same here. i used to take BCAA's alone and never got much from them until whey came along. Now my BCAA's come along with the Whey of which I think works wonders. I have no idea if the BCAA's are added to the Whey or if they just occur naturally in it. Never really bothered to check. Just love Whey Protein

RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50) RyderHerHard will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    an hour and a half of cardio? seems like major over kill, switch it up to HIIT, better results in half the time.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by joeyddi View Post
    same here. i used to take BCAA's alone and never got much from them until whey came along. Now my BCAA's come along with the Whey of which I think works wonders. I have no idea if the BCAA's are added to the Whey or if they just occur naturally in it. Never really bothered to check. Just love Whey Protein
    Amino acids occur naturally in all protein, including the food you eat. If grocery items listed an amino acid profile, you'd probably be a lot less impressed by your whey. Protein powder is not a magic potion; it's just protein in powdered form. I love it as well, but don't think it is something more than what it is.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by joeyddi View Post
    ????? All proteins contain amino acids... it's what they're made of...
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hockeyman224 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like to take them before a big meal like dinner or at 930. I feel like they help soreness and doms from a hard workout.
    Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed!

Kinda still lifts Valhallabound86's Avatar
    Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Valhallabound86 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FitAmbition90 View Post

If you're doing the workout prior to breaking your fast in the morning, then it may be beneficial. As rhadam stated, they're far from necessary, but in fasted state they will work better than being in a "fed" state. The muscle protein synthesis effect from BCAA supplementation is not as high as whole food protein intake, but it does occur.

Long story short: If you have the cash, sure. If not, don't worry about it.

Team InnerArmour RatherBeLifting's Avatar
    RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RatherBeLifting has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think BCAA's are great when you are in a caloric deficient diet, they really help you to maintain strength and muscle mass while you lose fat.
    www.InnerArmour.com
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/inn/inn.htm

10 Tips for Maximum Athletic Performance: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/hit-your-peak-10-tips-for-maximum-athletic-performance.html

Unregistered User StrongRepublican's Avatar
    StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StrongRepublican has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post

Pretty much sums it up.

Your "fasted" state is up for interpretation depending on how long it's actually been since you ingest food. I.E. if your last meal was at 11pm and you're doing cardio at 4am, you simply are not fasted. If you've been without caloric intake for 16 hours or more, than sure.
    Eat Less, Exercise More, Repeat Forever

triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) triplewhammy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes you should bother.

E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E_P_C has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are doing IF then yes BCAA's for your fasted cardio would be beneficial
    |~| EXTREME PULL UPS CREW |~|

Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big_Spaz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by triplewhammy View Post
    Yes you should bother.
    Completely agree. I never train without BCAA's.

-Spaz