Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 3149
    nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rallyum View Post
    All vertical pulling except pulldowns. Is really quite ghey really :/

Since i don't like to listen however, how would you go about it? Just stick to hammers and chins? Also, say if you wanted to add 3 plates, how would you go about it? (Just wanna see how you load and program)
    I'd first do some bw and try different grips. Do a couple (3-5 reps) of WG OH, Med Grip OH, Narrow Grip OH. Then do the same for neutral/hammer grip chins, and close grip chins (my chins are roughly shoulder width or slightly narrower)

I'll do them in KGs for you

bw x 8-10
    5-7x20kg
    5x30kg
    4x40kg
    3x50kg
    1x60kg
    5-6 x 40kg
    10x20kg

all vertical pulling except pulldowns? doesn't make sense. unless doc likes machines because they are perceived as 'safer'???

but he is okay with all forms of rowing?

edit: while chins can have a tendency to hit biceps in addition to back, they are a 'safer lift' for shoulders than say OH, especially WG pullups

rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rallyum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ Thanks man!

Gonna tinker with things now, for e.g. shrugging before EVERY row to make sure my scap is locked instead of just at the start, phucking around with diff grip pulldowns to build the area etc.

Current program now is a just pullup/chinup a day, so by the end of the month i'm at +30. Then i drop back down to 1 but add weight. Currently at 8.25lbs x 2 lol - you'd think with the amount of surfing and paddling i do everyday that my back would be stronger, but nup.

About the pullup thing, all types of pull/row are traction exercises meaning shoulder comes out of socket, connective tissues grab it (labrum, RCs and ligaments), then you move and it goes back in (due to the force generated by the muscle). Problem with me is that i have genetically lax connective tissue + labrum's been torn a million times + i have scarring at the back of my shoulder. So with a row, i'll always be inherently weaker but with a pullup, i'm also hanging so struggling to stabilise and balance = primetime dislocation time. With cables, one end's locked and the traction isn't as great.

Benching/push is the opposite, known as approximation and where the shoulder gets driven back into the joint. For me, more driving = the better cos it's stabilising and i can really torque out power but for a normal broski = labrum/RC tear.

AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000) AirForceV is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^^^ Thanks man!

Gonna tinker with things now, for e.g. shrugging before EVERY row to make sure my scap is locked instead of just at the start, phucking around with diff grip pulldowns to build the area etc.

Current program now is a just pullup/chinup a day, so by the end of the month i'm at +30. Then i drop back down to 1 but add weight. Currently at 8.25lbs x 2 lol - you'd think with the amount of surfing and paddling i do everyday that my back would be stronger, but nup.

About the pullup thing, all types of pull/row are traction exercises meaning shoulder comes out of socket, connective tissues grab it (labrum, RCs and ligaments), then you move and it goes back in (due to the force generated by the muscle). Problem with me is that i have genetically lax connective tissue + labrum's been torn a million times + i have scarring at the back of my shoulder. So with a row, i'll always be inherently weaker but with a pullup, i'm also hanging so struggling to stabilise and balance = primetime dislocation time. With cables, one end's locked and the traction isn't as great.

Benching/push is the opposite, known as approximation and where the shoulder gets driven back into the joint. For me, more driving = the better cos it's stabilising and i can really torque out power but for a normal broski = labrum/RC tear.

wut am I reeeeeeeeeeeding. shrugging your scapula while rowing? u w0t m8.. traction of the shoulder? wat. wut.

seems like you're kinda just flopping around...

Solid pull ups Tim.. haven't done weighted pull ups in a long ass time...... gotta finda weight belt.
    http://tiny.cc/GoldenEra

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hehe

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nwskier View Post
    Monday, Oct 1st: Back

Went in for kinda light back session - sort of a primer for the week ahead

Weighted Chins
    alternated between hammer grip and uh grip (b/w ~ 188lbs)
    45x8
    45x8
    45x8
    45x8
    45x7
    45x7
    45x7
    45x7
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5

BB Pendlay Rows superset with BB Rows
    all MMC on these...
    185x12 / 185x12
    185x12 / 185x12
    185x12 / 185x12
    185x12 / 185x12
    185x12 / 185x12

CG Seated Cable Rows
    160x12
    160x12
    160x12
    160x12
    160x12

WG Lat Pulldowns superset w/ CG UH Lat Pulldowns
    160x10 / 160x10
    160x10 / 160x10
    160x10 / 160x10

Shoulder physio / rehab stuff / stretching / Core
    Huge volume session there Tim - 12 sets of weighted chins was a pretty alpha way to start and that was a great mix of higher rep work and supersets. The lats, delts and tris would have had a huge pump at the end. So is this priming you up for a max effort TT back day next week? --- we haven't seen those 3.5 pps rows for a while
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

____( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)__________ BabyOilBrah's Avatar
    BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Monday, Oct 1st: Back

Went in for kinda light back session - sort of a primer for the week ahead

Weighted Chins
    alternated between hammer grip and uh grip (b/w ~ 188lbs)
    45x8
    45x8
    45x8
    45x8
    45x7
    45x7
    45x7
    45x7
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5
    45x5

EPIC

SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000) SMC90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sick workouts!! wow that arm/delt looked intense check mine out, i thought i had some heavy volume lol. i don't even know what to say about the weighted chins, i couldn't even do that many normal chins. I think i'm going to add some chins into my back/bi workout tonight! i haven't been following for too long so another few questions hows your DL? when do you train lower back?

nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nwskier has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^^ Thanks man!

yeah guess that makes sense. careful though, just listen to your body on that stuff. personally if i'm doing any type of 'retraction' of the shoulder, I feel it most in cable rows and pendlay rows. have gone through the form before w/ physio and my sports doc who is a former PL'r.

good luck! I know you'll lift smart and make progress

Originally Posted by AirForceV View Post
    wut am I reeeeeeeeeeeding. shrugging your scapula while rowing? u w0t m8.. traction of the shoulder? wat. wut.

seems like you're kinda just flopping around...

Solid pull ups Tim.. haven't done weighted pull ups in a long ass time...... gotta finda weight belt.
    yeah at 220 bulking to 240, doing weighted pull ups will be pretty sick. get a weight belt brah, your lat strength/development is probably some of the strongest anywhere on the forums.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Huge volume session there Tim - 12 sets of weighted chins was a pretty alpha way to start and that was a great mix of higher rep work and supersets. The lats, delts and tris would have had a huge pump at the end. So is this priming you up for a max effort TT back day next week? --- we haven't seen those 3.5 pps rows for a while
    figured i'd start alpha and then go to more of a medium-ish scenario. heavy yates rows will return, just mixing things up for now. finally have some stability in life so that will help the gym sessions. No max effort coming up, but high intensity and effort every day in the gym!

Originally Posted by BabyOilBrah View Post

EPIC
    lmao, thanks. end of the year I want 10x10 with +45!

Originally Posted by SMC90 View Post
    Sick workouts!! wow that arm/delt looked intense check mine out, i thought i had some heavy volume lol. i don't even know what to say about the weighted chins, i couldn't even do that many normal chins. I think i'm going to add some chins into my back/bi workout tonight! i haven't been following for too long so another few questions hows your DL? when do you train lower back?
    yeah your delt workout was sick! pretty similar volume too.

my DL is okay. i've had lower back problems in the past so it's a love/hate relationship for me. My PR is 445x1 last year though. Trying to work back up to that eventually this year. Haven't focused on it much, but going to do some DLs today. I'm pretty cautious w/ them- they tend to fuk up my training for skiing- and I won't do them often or much at all during winter b/c of that.

thanks. off to the gym shortly

Couple quick journal plugs - just started following these guys and they are doing some good work

SMC90
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=145930103

BipolarBrah
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=146307123

And SupaJJ is back!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148194713

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lurked for a while ... subbed now.

Doesn't seem like I'm quite as avid as you are, but I'm definitely a winter buff as well ..... powder days are just unbeatable!
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Lurked for a while ... subbed now.

Doesn't seem like I'm quite as avid as you are, but I'm definitely a winter buff as well ..... powder days are just unbeatable!
    Sweet, good to have another winter enthusiast on board here, ha!

Love me some powder days

Tuesday Oct 2nd: Lower Back/Chest

another mix it up session

Deadlifts
    225x10
    275x10
    315x8
    315x8
    335x8

Felt really good today, prob work w/ 6-8 rep range

Weighted Hypers
    45x15
    45x15
    45x15
    45x12

BB Bench
    225x10
    255x5
    265x4
    275x3
    225x10

felt good but strength was off today, kept volume lower

BB Incline superset w/ DB Incline
    185x12
    225x5 / 65x12
    225x5 / 65x12
    185x12 / 65x12
    drop 135x10

first time doing BB incline in a while (wasn't good w/ shoulder impingement)- kept reps shy of failure
    felt pretty good but going to have to watch weight/volume on incline work for now

Pec Deck
    3 sets

Back progress pic

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking great Tim, still hittin the big numbers I see despite all your jetseting ways.

I love weighted hypers, been so long since I can do them, the hyper bench at my gym is not adjustable and it smashes your nuts. I don't see guys use it except for side bends and I'm certain I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion.

Inclines again too, nice. Always mindful of the shoulder then? You had two work ups on it yes? Or just the one then?
    Last edited by 2 D; 10-02-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

-calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000) -calvus- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DLs look good for easing back into it. You deloading each rep on those or bangin them out. Seeing you throw some inclines in makes me think I should too. Havent done them in like 2 years. So 1150 by 1-1-13 it is ?
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130747213
    MTB Cyclists Crew

Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    Looking great Tim, still hittin the big numbers I see despite all your jetseting ways.

I love weighted hypers, been so long since I can do them, the hyper bench at my gym is not adjustable and it smashes your nuts. I don't see guys use it except for side bends and I'm certain I'm not the only one to come to this conclusion.

Inclines again too, nice. Always mindful of the shoulder then? You had two work ups on it yes? Or just the one then?
    Always have to be mindful of past injuries = smart lifting. two work ups? wut?

Inclines were not recommended when I was treating the impinged shoulder. I'm still a little weary of them, but they are one of my favorite lifts. Just testing the waters now and hoping to keep them in periodically.

Originally Posted by -calvus- View Post
    DLs look good for easing back into it. You deloading each rep on those or bangin them out. Seeing you throw some inclines in makes me think I should too. Havent done them in like 2 years. So 1150 by 1-1-13 it is ?
    yep, was deloading each rep (except just did the 225 as T/G - was kind of impatient, ha). Love inclines, hope i can keep them in rotation

1150? We'll see. If my shoulder cooperates with training, should be possible

but I think there should be some element of delt pressing and rows incorporated, and maybe some weighted chins/pullups to make it fair, haha. you got a good head start on me w/ those squats and DLs

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I meant have you had two surgeries or one? I couldn't recall.
    Fitness Journal:

I meant have you had two surgeries or one? I couldn't recall.
    didn't get surgery on the labral tear. did about 9 months of intensive PT
    shoulder impingement => had to leave out a few exercises, did 3 months of PT and a cortisone shot

there are certain lifts I just don't do anymore (upright rows, decline bench, heavy weighted dips, etc...) - those could adversely affect the shoulder. Not to say I won't not do them, they just don't make it into a regular slot for my workouts and if I ever put them in for variety, I treat them w/ caution.

I see, I was under the impression otherwise.

Was it not a complete tear? I ask cause my tricep tear was not a complete tear, and I did 5 months PT instead. He told me to avoid surgery at all costs, especially that one, apparently it puts you out for a minimum of 14 months as in arm in a sling, so not including PT and rebuilding the muscle and motor use.

I can empathize though, smart regardless to avoid irritating movements.
    Fitness Journal:

I see, I was under the impression otherwise.

Was it not a complete tear? I ask cause my tricep tear was not a complete tear, and I did 5 months PT instead. He told me to avoid surgery at all costs, especially that one, apparently it puts you out for a minimum of 14 months as in arm in a sling, so not including PT and rebuilding the muscle and motor use.

I can empathize though, smart regardless to avoid irritating movements.
    pretty sure it was a grade 1 tear, was given a choice by my doc to go for aggressive PT or surgery. also want to avoid any shoulder surgery as much as possible- doesn't always work out to make it 'better' than it was.

ouch, that's a long time. can understand wanting to avoid surgery- i'd pursue aggressive PT and be aggressive about it

pretty sure it was a grade 1 tear, was given a choice by my doc to go for aggressive PT or surgery. also want to avoid any shoulder surgery as much as possible- doesn't always work out to make it 'better' than it was.

ouch, that's a long time. can understand wanting to avoid surgery- i'd pursue aggressive PT and be aggressive about it
    Sorry if I am not making any sense. I am on a lot of pain killers and sleep meds from the doctors.

I didn't mean to downplay the significance of your tear, hopefully it didn't not come across that way. Of course you'd recollect better than I for the obvious. That said, mine was not and that was over two and a half years ago. So yeah, mostly up to speed, rehabbing/prehabbing a tricep is harder than one might think. Not hardly any stretches due to odd nature of how to work the joint.

Most flat press and skulls irritate it. Haven't found a suitable replacement for skulls even though I occasionally use them.
    Fitness Journal:

nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nads786 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid workout! Odd mix of body parts tho lulz How is incline bb treating your shoulder? I've been very lucky that BB benching feels 100% better than db work for my shoulders and all this time I was avoiding it because of bb.com (eye role)
    My Workout Journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142212621

fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great workout Tim - back into the heavy volume sets with a vengeance today
    Impressive high rep heavy deadlifts as a way of 'easing' back into them, and you must've had a great lower back pump with those weighted hypers to follow.
    I don't know about strength being 'off': the heavy dead session had to take something out of you. I know you'd normally be good for around 295 x 3 up fresh, but 275 x 3 is still heavy benching. Strong incline superset as well

Back is looking thick and showing more definition --- mirin' dem striations in the traps and lats
    On target for the wedding!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BipolarBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    awesome back session you had on the 1st. there can never be enough pullup volume imo, but after seeing what you do.. I might have to step up my game! take it slow on those inclines, the numbers will come in time.

thanks for the shout out too
    PhD Candidate, Genetics.
    Practitioner of Stoic philosophy.
    Hope to FI/RE (Financial Independence / Retire Early) by 2030.

I am the master of my fate;
    I am the captain of my soul.

Gyno Surgery Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165978531

BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BabyOilBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hnnnggggg dat back.

I like the workout brah, good to see some pullin in there, the 6-8 rep range is solid for deads. I like that's it's difficult (high rep deads being taxing as hell). Mirin incline strength, I hit 195x12 yesterday so I was pretty pumped. Can't wait to start repping 225.

moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) moshvr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome deadlift session man.

Exactly what Andrew said ... deads probably gassed you. Wouldn't stress about the strength being down on bench.
    Training Log - The long overdue comeback: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171218951

*Canadian Crew*

IG: moshvr

Sorry if I am not making any sense. I am on a lot of pain killers and sleep meds from the doctors.

I didn't mean to downplay the significance of your tear, hopefully it didn't not come across that way. Of course you'd recollect better than I for the obvious. That said, mine was not and that was over two and a half years ago. So yeah, mostly up to speed, rehabbing/prehabbing a tricep is harder than one might think. Not hardly any stretches due to odd nature of how to work the joint.

Most flat press and skulls irritate it. Haven't found a suitable replacement for skulls even though I occasionally use them.
    andy, not all man, not at all! didn't realize yours was 2.5 years ago and a tricep would certainly be more challenging and unique to rehab.
    what about single arm kickbacks or single arm db skulls? my guess is that pushdowns might be one of the less abrasive options also

keep at it. I know it can be frustrating at times.

Originally Posted by nads786 View Post
    Solid workout! Odd mix of body parts tho lulz How is incline bb treating your shoulder? I've been very lucky that BB benching feels 100% better than db work for my shoulders and all this time I was avoiding it because of bb.com (eye role)
    well I really wanted to do some Deads, but I just had a back session the day prior (which is why I threw in some bench). The 225 sets were easy, but I can tell if I do too much volume or go too heavy, they could annoy the shoulder. Really not the best exercise for impinged shoulder, but one of my favorites that i've missed. TBH, anything over medium weight on DB incline presses is what will piss it off the most. BB still tends to do okay.

Great workout Tim - back into the heavy volume sets with a vengeance today
    Impressive high rep heavy deadlifts as a way of 'easing' back into them, and you must've had a great lower back pump with those weighted hypers to follow.
    I don't know about strength being 'off': the heavy dead session had to take something out of you. I know you'd normally be good for around 295 x 3 up fresh, but 275 x 3 is still heavy benching. Strong incline superset as well

Back is looking thick and showing more definition --- mirin' dem striations in the traps and lats
    On target for the wedding!
    thanks andrew. not stoked on the mini cut aspect but do want to look good for the ladies in Vegas, haha. couple of us were going to bring dates, but then said f8ck it, it's Vegas so better to role solo. messing around this week w/ a low carb 3 day, high carb 1 day cycle diet

Originally Posted by BipolarBrah View Post
    awesome back session you had on the 1st. there can never be enough pullup volume imo, but after seeing what you do.. I might have to step up my game! take it slow on those inclines, the numbers will come in time.

thanks for the shout out too
    yeah for sure, I love weighted chins/pullups. one of the better sessions I did last week was superset 2 plate+ bench with sets of 45 on chins. bench/chins go so well together.

not too worried about numbers on incline. taking it easy on that lift, but do want to get the flat #s back to where they were in mid-august!

hnnnggggg dat back.

I like the workout brah, good to see some pullin in there, the 6-8 rep range is solid for deads. I like that's it's difficult (high rep deads being taxing as hell). Mirin incline strength, I hit 195x12 yesterday so I was pretty pumped. Can't wait to start repping 225.
    ha, thanks brah. 8+ deads are def the magic # for making it almost a cardio workout in itself, lmao. I'll hit deads heavier in the next 2-3 days. Just priming right now to get back into the rhythm. Was really happy how easy those went.

NICE work on the incline! 195x12 is awesome. No doubt you could be repping 225 now, but increasing reps week/in, week/out and you'll be doing 225x12 in no time

Originally Posted by moshvr View Post
    Awesome deadlift session man.

Exactly what Andrew said ... deads probably gassed you. Wouldn't stress about the strength being down on bench.
    yeah thanks. i'm in a carb defecit now so should expect it, lol. also taking a few weeks off due to work/vacation set me back some, but workouts are feeling solid again so the numbers will come. I just got to stay consistent and keep the intensity up!

on deck today ~ either Delts/Arms or Lower
    if not too spent may hit shoulders so I can hit legs with higher volume tomorrow since I just did some high rep DLs yesterday

Thanks Tim. Doing kind of 5/3/1 BBB scheme just for that lift (within my push/pull/legs), working up to an AMRAP set with 195, then 205, then 215 in successive weeks, then I do 5 sets of 10 with 60% of my max. Love that rep scheme. Don't know if I'll do it with all lifts, but I like it a lot for pressing.

I would hit those delts/arms today and save legs for tomorrow given you hit DLs for volume yesterday

Thanks Tim. Doing kind of 5/3/1 BBB scheme just for that lift (within my push/pull/legs), working up to an AMRAP set with 195, then 205, then 215 in successive weeks, then I do 5 sets of 10 with 60% of my max. Love that rep scheme. Don't know if I'll do it with all lifts, but I like it a lot for pressing.

I would hit those delts/arms today and save legs for tomorrow given you hit DLs for volume yesterday
    yeah that's what i'm thinking. thanks for suggestion. I'll squeeze in a rest day either Thu or Friday - probably Friday since it's my last day on the old job

I really like your approach on the incline pressing. as I mentioned, I think it's going to pay off big time in the long term picture for your current goals and beyond

Wednesday Oct 3: Delts/Arms

Feels so damn good to be able to hit delts again consistently for first time in 9 months, with minimal irritation!

SOHP
    95x10 wu
    115x10 wu
    135x5
    145x5
    145x5
    150x4
    135x5
    135x6

BB Shrugs
    225x25
    275x20
    315x15
    365x12
    365x12
    315x15
    225x15

Reverse Peck Deck
    160x15
    175x12
    190x11
    205x8
    220x6 drop 160x6 drop 100x10

DB Arnold Presses superset with DB Seated Shrugs superset with DB Presses
    40x10 / 40x10 / 40x10
    50x10 / 50x10 / 50x10
    60x5 / 60x10

First time hitting Arnold presses in 9 months. Felt awesome, no issues

BB Curls superset w/ DB Curls
    95x10
    115x5 / 30x20
    115x5 / 30x20
    95x12

Floor Skulls superset with Weighted Decline Crunches
    105x8 / 45x15
    105x8 / 45x15
    105x7 / 45x12

Pushdowns
    135x15
    135x15

awesome session, stoked! time to get dat dere delt size and strength back

If all that arm and shoulder work didn't test out the shoulder impingement I don't know what would --- OHPs and Arnolds feeling awesome = great news.
    I'm always gasping at the weights on those Reverse pec deck RDFs
    Great session Tim......delts and tris should be feeling tight and swole!

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

If all that arm and shoulder work didn't test out the shoulder impingement I don't know what would --- OHPs and Arnolds feeling awesome = great news.
    I'm always gasping at the weights on those Reverse pec deck RDFs
    Great session Tim......delts and tris should be feeling tight and swole!
    yeah huge milestone yesterday- really no shoulder irritations at all so i'm getting comfortable bumping up the weight and volume somewhat. still cautious, but it feels awesome knowing I can put in a solid delt day again!