Page 300 of 325 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast
Results 8,971 to 9,000 of 9750
    BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TurtleRunner View Post
    The best program on the market in my opinion is The Jump Manual, but like I said they all focus on the same principles which I mentioned earlier. The vertical jump and athletic enhancement thread is a great resource on this aspect of the game.

Any strength program within these rep limits recommends lifting between 75%-90% of your max 1RM, so you'll be looking between 260lbs-315lbs. Form is imperative though and is infinitely more important than the weight your moving.

Calf raises and wall sits work jumping muscles in non-jumping ways. You want to build strength that translates to your activity, therefore I would err towards avoiding these lifts in place of more coordinated movements. Jump squats are good to superset with regular squats or can be easily integrated into a plyometric workout.
    Okay thank you so much for your help and your time

Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jimbo48 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RSPres View Post
    I recommend the Air Alert vertical jump program. Very heavily focused on plyos but produces fast results. Really worked well for me with Fast Fuel pre workout before and protein isolate immediately after. Also very good for endurance. Hope that helps.
    Don't use Air Alert. It has damaged many peoples knees.

watchout ur comments bro DrDake's Avatar
    DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "plz go"
    Always supporting the All Blacks.

vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm A freshman in a week and I'm 5'7 the other guys on the basket ball teams are taller. So I need to work harder do compete can u help me out and give me some drills and stuff to improve my vertical leap and to run faster I've been lifting to put some size on too

vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vodorod33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys I have a question about getting some new boots. I've been looking at the adidas nine 15 boots and I'm planning on buying them. I also found a pair that has 8 studs instead of 6 and I was just wondering if there is a difference in performance. I play at flanker mostly but a few matches I have played center.

Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000) Vyber is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Braveheart91 View Post
    I have absolutely zero motivation to play Rugby so far this season... 5 weeks into pre-season and my fitness is more than enough for the team I play for, I just feel like i'm wasting my time here... meh.

Also after the Olympics I have a really bad urge to go back into Sprinting/Cycling. My 100m time at the start of last season was 10.7, really want to break 10.5 I just have that really strong determination to go into Cycling/Sprinting right now over Rugby. Rugby is my love, but I think i'm playing too much and need to take a year out? any help here brahs? opinions etc.
    played rugby from age 11 to 18 then took 2 years off due to uni and it not fitting into my timetable and having been playing it too much. got back into it last season and i love it more than ever.

but realised it was due to the drop in standard as i went from playing for the best school side in the country to a local college side. Perhaps if you move it will raise your motivation

also strong 100m time
    Last edited by Vyber; 08-11-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    "Soft with the Ladies, Hard with the Men" - Emmanuel Frimpong

DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrDake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vodorod33 View Post
    Hey guys I have a question about getting some new boots. I've been looking at the adidas nine 15 boots and I'm planning on buying them. I also found a pair that has 8 studs instead of 6 and I was just wondering if there is a difference in performance. I play at flanker mostly but a few matches I have played center.
    http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/22127.html
    I snagged this pair, they showed up yesterday and I spent a little over an hour running/kicking in them.
    Absolutely love them. They're my first pair of screw-in cleats so I don't have much to compare them to, but they fit great and I have no doubt they will last me a long time.

LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100)
    i've been spending the last week trying to find a new pair of rugby or soccer boots in my size. i can't find anything... i wear a (US) size 14 and i want to get a really good pair that'll last me a long time, so i'm willing to spend the $$ on em, but i just can't find anything nice that fits me. i've seen a couple pairs of nike soccer boots online but i really don't like nike. does anyone have any ideas of what i should do?
    I can all things through Christ, who strengthens me. -Philippians 4:13

I play the greatest sport in the world: Rugby. 2nd row.

When I was looking around Amazon, I found a decent number of boots in larger sizes. Might be worth checking out.

tmacsjh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm new here. Sorry to ask a question that may sound stupid.
    I'm 5 feet 9 inches and 167lbs, 18 years old and playing no. 1 or 2.
    Currently it is my off-season and I'm focusing on strength training and have been hitting the gym for several months or so.
    Just wondering how much more weight should I gain before it starts hindering my speed and agility?
    My concern is that being too heavy might somewhat potentially injure my knees

TurtleRunner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by vodorod33
    I'm A freshman in a week and I'm 5'7 the other guys on the basket ball teams are taller. So I need to work harder do compete can u help me out and give me some drills and stuff to improve my vertical leap and to run faster I've been lifting to put some size on too
    Being short doesn't necessarily mean you have to work harder to compete, it just you have to work smarter. At 5'7, you should be more concerned with developing an outside shot and a fast first step. Also a good pump fake is a must-have for little guys because taller players will always want the glory of a big block and look to the shorter guys to provide that opportunity.

That said, if you're set on jumping high and running fast you should look at first increasing the base strength in your lower body and core and then doing some simple plyometrics as well as sprints and skipping. For more details look at what I said to BigStewTheJew above.

Originally Posted by tmacsjh
    Just wondering how much more weight should I gain before it starts hindering my speed and agility?
    My concern is that being too heavy might somewhat potentially injure my knees
    It wont matter a great deal as long as its lean muscle your adding and not adipose (fat) tissue. Any muscle you add can be trained to contract explosively so theoretically the more muscle you have on you, the faster you'll be able to move. That's why you can get guys like LeBron weighing over 110kg (242lbs) who can still change direction like lightning.

tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im a full back.
    Always wondered why america have such a **** national squad yous would have so much potential if most of them dont go to american football

LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100) LittleSam is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by tdlfctnn123 View Post
    Im a full back.
    Always wondered why america have such a **** national squad yous would have so much potential if most of them dont go to american football
    thats exactly why. rugby is soooo unknown here, at least based on people i know and the media coverage it gets (which is very very very little). maybe its more popular in other parts of the country but i doubt it would be much more.

if even 10 or 20% of our football players were taught rugby instead of football from a young age, i think we'd be one of the best in the world. i can't remember his name but this guy who couldn't make it in the NFL (our pro american football league if anyone doesn't know) and was basically a scrub decided to learn rugby and less than a year later he was on our national 7's squad. he wasn't even close to the athletic and physical ability of even solid NFL players, let alone stars like patrick willis, ray lewis, adrian peterson, or calvin johnson (look them up) just to name a small few. so if rugby was even mildly popular here i think our national teams would possibly be able to compete with the best. we certainly have the athletes.

Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bmdc88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if plyometrics were to be done before a heavy leg day (ex. Squats, lunges, sprints) or when the best time to use them and which to use?

Registered User Allofthelights1's Avatar
    Allofthelights1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    HS varsity brah checking in. Jc how big is the leap from HS to division 2/3 college? Considering trying out next year as I've played wi some college players, but they're always rediculously good

proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proslayer93 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    to increase vertical jump .. just do the workout for 4 months ... my height is 5'10'' and now i can grab the basketball rim 1 hand ...
    but still unable to dunk because i can't grip the basketball .. do you all can try to add plate pinch inside if u wanted 1 hand dunk
    1) barbell squat
    2) 1 leg dumbbells split squat
    3) lunges
    4) straight leg deadlift
    5) standing 1 leg calf raise
    6) sitting calf raise

RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LittleSam View Post
    thats exactly why. rugby is soooo unknown here, at least based on people i know and the media coverage it gets (which is very very very little). maybe its more popular in other parts of the country but i doubt it would be much more.

if even 10 or 20% of our football players were taught rugby instead of football from a young age, i think we'd be one of the best in the world. i can't remember his name but this guy who couldn't make it in the NFL (our pro american football league if anyone doesn't know) and was basically a scrub decided to learn rugby and less than a year later he was on our national 7's squad. he wasn't even close to the athletic and physical ability of even solid NFL players, let alone stars like patrick willis, ray lewis, adrian peterson, or calvin johnson (look them up) just to name a small few. so if rugby was even mildly popular here i think our national teams would possibly be able to compete with the best. we certainly have the athletes.
    His name is Miles Craigwell and he is ****ing awful and got cut from the national squad a while back. Seriously, he got embarrassed on a pretty regular basis by just about every nation on the IRB 7s circuit. It takes year and years to develop a rugby IQ so you can play without looking like a moron, converting football players is and always has been a really **** idea.

Originally Posted by RandomRugger View Post
    His name is Miles Craigwell and he is ****ing awful and got cut from the national squad a while back. Seriously, he got embarrassed on a pretty regular basis by just about every nation on the IRB 7s circuit. It takes year and years to develop a rugby IQ so you can play without looking like a moron, converting football players is and always has been a really **** idea.
    ok, i didnt know he got cut. but still the fact that he was that bad and still had a shot at it shows how good the USA squad could be if america's athletes played rugby instead of football.

SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50) SnatchKinGZZZ will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ok, i didnt know he got cut. but still the fact that he was that bad and still had a shot at it shows how good the USA squad could be if america's athletes played rugby instead of football.
    you would find that alot of those nfl players weight and speed stats would drop signifigantly for increased endurance. but also alwaysa touchy subject, as the nfl is much more professional than even international rugby im sure the use of steroids has infiltarted it much further.
    that being said, from a new zealander, america would dominate even the all blacks if 20% of nfl telent played rugby from 10 years old

IMO rugby professionalism still has huge improvements to be made, mainly at the development- super15 level. most kids in new zealand for example, if we are good at high school we get selected for a provincial academy on small contracts up to 8000 dollars nz. the tarinings that now equivalent to your ncaa athletes recieve is simply 3 basic weight sessions a week, with heavy cardio pre season. there is small focus on skills, and 90% of guys in the gym are not reaching their potential, through weak diets and terrible training ethic. trainers at even the super 15 level offer basic strength programmes IMO and there is little emphamis on strength gains anyway, which isnt that bad for rugby but could still improve dramatically
    Last edited by SnatchKinGZZZ; 08-14-2012 at 03:51 PM.

RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RandomRugger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry that came off poorly, just venting anger at USA Rugby. He was a Miami Dolphins training camp washout and was brought almost straight into the USA Eagles 7s setup with practically no rugby experience. A pretty huge portion of the USA rugby community was against in but they did it anyway. Turns out he was absolute garbage at rugby and single-handedly lost us some important games on the IRB 7s circuit (most notably a match against the Blitzbokke where he blew defensive assignments like it was his job)

That's how you get ants. BobisMighty's Avatar
    BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SnatchKinGZZZ View Post
    you would find that alot of those nfl players weight and speed stats would drop signifigantly for increased endurance. but also alwaysa touchy subject, as the nfl is much more professional than even international rugby im sure the use of steroids has infiltarted it much further.
    that being said, from a new zealander, america would dominate even the all blacks if 20% of nfl telent played rugby from 10 years old
    You'd be surprised. Many of the All-Blacks's weight and speed numbers aren't too far off from NFL players.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125605233

World Rugby S&C Level 1 coach.

BossLee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, kinda need help here. I train my legs 3times a week (twice lifting weight and plyometrics once a week) M/W/F. W - plyometric

I'm very new to plyometrics workout and this is what i come up with (please tell me if there is anything wrong and how can i can improve it)

Dynamic warm-up
    Sprint (10yard x1, 20yard x1, 30yard x1) (slow jog back, sprint when reach starting line)
    Depth Jump x10 (1st set)
    Box Jump x10 (1st set)
    Depth Jump x10 (2nd set)
    Box Jump x10 (2nd set)
    Depth Jump x10 (3rd set)
    Box Jump x10 (3rd set)

Repeat whole thing 1 more time.
    Why make the sky your limit when there are footsteps on the moon?

BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BobisMighty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're in the NY and NJ area and want to get your kicking game in gear, there's a kicking clinic with the assistant coach of the ACT Brumbies.
    http://www.rugbycc.com/camps.html

I'm considering doing. I think it would be fun to be a forward that can kick.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    If you're in the NY and NJ area and want to get your kicking game in gear, there's a kicking clinic with the assistant coach of the ACT Brumbies.
    http://www.rugbycc.com/camps.html

I'm considering doing. I think it would be fun to be a forward that can kick.
    Pretty awesome opportunity.

Originally Posted by DrDake View Post
    Pretty awesome opportunity.
    for $50 i'll learn how to properly kick.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

Definitely, money very well spent.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BobisMighty View Post
    for $50 i'll learn how to properly kick.
    The coach still isn't going to let you kick.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    lol sad but probably true. this guy on my team is a prop but he is a phenomenal kicker, he used to play soccer. he might even be the best on our team but our coach will never let him kick in a game (except maybe conversions).

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    Maybe not in an A-side game. But a B-side game all bets are off.
    MISC STRENGTH CREW

Rugby training log

rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10) rugger4ever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i currently play for a team that is more focused on the drinking side of rugby but i want to increase my skill and size hoping to play for a better team one day. any advice on workouts to get bigger and faster i play 11 and 9

Page 300 of 325 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300 301 302 310 ... LastLast