Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000) Coulaid is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking Recipie Idea!

Would there be any problems freezing Xtend? This is what i was thinking:

1 Packet Un-Flavored Gelatine

6 Scoops Xtend

3 Cups h2o

Cook gelatine and let cool. Mix in Xtend. Place in popsicle holders. Freeze And enjoy!

Would there be any problems with this?

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Coulaid
    Would there be any problems freezing Xtend? This is what i was thinking:

1 Packet Un-Flavored Gelatine

6 Scoops Xtend

3 Cups h2o

Cook gelatine and let cool. Mix in Xtend. Place in popsicle holders. Freeze And enjoy!

Would there be any problems with this?
    I dont see why this would be a problem. Go for it.
    New 5/3/1 Strength Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Registered User Amazin Caucasian's Avatar
    Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When will the new more easily dissolved XTend be available?

fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000) fish153 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ???? My Xtend dissolves very easily ...

Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Amazin Caucasian has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    in one of the other XTend threads I think it was Beast said they will be comin out with one that dissolves easier and Scivation replied to look for it very soon, the small clumping is wat it is improving...I am planning to start XTend in the summer when lax season ends and am curious whether or not this new rendition will be available.

mach189 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just bought some Xtend and I noticed the powder seemed more "fine" than the previous bottles I had ordered. For some reason it doesn't taste as good as it did either. I'm curious to know if there were any changes in the flavoring in the new batch because it doesn't taste the same.

Xtend is the Greatest Scivation's Avatar
    Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mach189
    I just bought some Xtend and I noticed the powder seemed more "fine" than the previous bottles I had ordered. For some reason it doesn't taste as good as it did either. I'm curious to know if there were any changes in the flavoring in the new batch because it doesn't taste the same.
    New batch = same as old batch.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On
    ********: http://www.********.com/scivation
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/scivation

? does this mean that the tub mach bought was the old batch or does this maen that the new batch coming out will not be more easily dissolved? or does this mean the new batch will be more easily dissolved but has the same taste? clarification is in need here

Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scivation has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Amazin Caucasian
    ? does this mean that the tub mach bought was the old batch or does this maen that the new batch coming out will not be more easily dissolved? or does this mean the new batch will be more easily dissolved but has the same taste? clarification is in need here
    The batch being made right now as we speak will taste exactly the same as it has always tasted, but will mix better.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Scivation
    The batch being made right now as we speak will taste exactly the same as it has always tasted, but will mix better.
    Did you add an ethyl ester?
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

ah, I gotcha! thanks a lot, ha sry i didn't mean to sound rude I just wasn't sure to which post you were referring to. Thats awesome.

will they be changing the name to BCAAEE or XTEEND due to the newly added ethyl ester?

Originally Posted by Amazin Caucasian
    ah, I gotcha! thanks a lot, ha sry i didn't mean to sound rude I just wasn't sure to which post you were referring to. Thats awesome.

will they be changing the name to BCAAEE or XTEEND due to the newly added ethyl ester?
    I still have no idea why anyone would attach an EE to BCAA.

Wow.
    www.scivation.com

Follow Us On

ha i hope you know i am kidding

zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A follow up on a question that I had earlier about Xtend and calories.

The old packaging's nutritional label had a serving at 40 calories. This seems to make sense, as a serving had 10g of BCAA.

Now, the new labeling, in accordance to the FDA, has the product at ZERO calories. Still has the 10g of BCAA per serving, though.

Through the thread you see Chuck recommend to Derek to not count the calories from Xtend in his diet.

So, here are my comments and questions - do the 10g of BCAA in Xtend have the same impact on the body as 10g of "normal" protein? If someone is on a very restricted diet, having to watch everything they eat, such as a precontest diet (down to the number of almonds, Derek!), why would you NOT want to count the number of calories that you're getting from Xtend? Looking at Derek's journal, he's getting around 14 servings of Xtend/day. Assuming that in reality there ARE calories in Xtend (screw what the FDA days), he's getting about an extra 280 calories in his diet daily that he's been told not to count! How can this be?

Not trying to discount what's been said or anything, just simply trying to gain a better understanding of what's going on here, and how to include the product in my diet.

Thanks!
    ***I rep back (400+)***

REPS 4 LIFE: All the homies on the Yankees thread, NDame616

zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) zcsmith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bumpity Bump
    ***I rep back (400+)***

Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Fryzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im going to start maintaning for a while.. ill be working out 4x week and fast walking 3x week. Is it worth still buying the xtend when maintaining? It is fairly costly...

Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    was wonderin if it was oke to mix ON 100% whey with some xtend for an after workout shake??

young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) young_squatter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Fryzie
    Im going to start maintaning for a while.. ill be working out 4x week and fast walking 3x week. Is it worth still buying the xtend when maintaining? It is fairly costly...
    In my opinion yes, its smart to take BCAA rather maintaining,bulking, or cutting. Absouetly necessary no, but it can help you.

Originally Posted by Basketball.P
    was wonderin if it was oke to mix ON 100% whey with some xtend for an after workout shake??
    This is perfectly fine and a great idea, I would opt for Primaforce Substance WPI to mix with xtend because it complements the taste of xtend vary well.
    The best thing to do would be to mix xtend+whey, and start sipping this 15 min pre workout and continue sipping throughout workout. This way you get a flow of BCAA and EAA as well.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152156313&p=1031620863#post1031620863

Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Basketball.P has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hmmm good idea young squatter but im takin no explode before my work out and all the glutamine in the xtend+whey will kill it.

Originally Posted by Basketball.P
    hmmm good idea young squatter but im takin no explode before my work out and all the glutamine in the xtend+whey will kill it.
    hmm, well I would recommend next time you go with a different creatine like Designer Supplements Xceed or a bulk CEE powder, Not that No Xplode is bad, but in my opinion take a different creatine pre workout so you can sip BCAA/EAA pre/during/post workout out weighs the benefits of just No Xplode.

Bump again for my question above.
    ***I rep back (400+)***

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Amino acids have calories. 1 gram of Amino acids has 4 calories. Chuck and I are not counting Xtend or Glutamine towards my caloric intake because we view it as supplemental nutrition, also something we will not be removing, so no need to count the cals.

Originally Posted by zcsmith
    A follow up on a question that I had earlier about Xtend and calories.

The old packaging's nutritional label had a serving at 40 calories. This seems to make sense, as a serving had 10g of BCAA.

Now, the new labeling, in accordance to the FDA, has the product at ZERO calories. Still has the 10g of BCAA per serving, though.

Through the thread you see Chuck recommend to Derek to not count the calories from Xtend in his diet.

So, here are my comments and questions - do the 10g of BCAA in Xtend have the same impact on the body as 10g of "normal" protein? If someone is on a very restricted diet, having to watch everything they eat, such as a precontest diet (down to the number of almonds, Derek!), why would you NOT want to count the number of calories that you're getting from Xtend? Looking at Derek's journal, he's getting around 14 servings of Xtend/day. Assuming that in reality there ARE calories in Xtend (screw what the FDA days), he's getting about an extra 280 calories in his diet daily that he's been told not to count! How can this be?

Not trying to discount what's been said or anything, just simply trying to gain a better understanding of what's going on here, and how to include the product in my diet.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Beast
    Amino acids have calories. 1 gram of Amino acids has 4 calories. Chuck and I are not counting Xtend or Glutamine towards my caloric intake because we view it as supplemental nutrition, also something we will not be removing, so no need to count the cals.
    Derek -

Thank you for the prompt response, as well as the clarification on protein. However, I do have a follow up question:

As far as supplemental nutrition, where do you draw the line? You don't count the calories that are in Xtend or glutamine, yet you probably do count the calories that are in powdered protein (Substance). How about Sesamin and fish oil, also both considered supplements. Would you count the fat that you get from those products? All of the above are considered "supplements", and I can't imagine you removing any of them from your routine any time soon.

My apologies for the constant questions, but again, I'm just trying to better understand some products. Thanks!
    ***I rep back (400+)***

Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My Xtend should be coming in the mail on monday. I'm cutting for another two weeks.

I have two options:

Megadose(12 scoops) it for the remainder of my cut, use no BCCA's during my clean bulk that will follow.

Dose it normally(6 scoops) for the remainder of my cut, and 16 days into my clean bulk.

I guess the real questions is, can you see solid results from Xtend in only 15 days, or am I better off going for the 30?
    "9 Out of 10 Americans Do not get eat enough whole grain"....

...Making up for the other 9 since 2004

"May the weights fall softly upon your shoulders, and your goals rest easy upon your back"

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

Originally Posted by Adamb83
    My Xtend should be coming in the mail on monday. I'm cutting for another two weeks.

I have two options:

Megadose(12 scoops) it for the remainder of my cut, use no BCCA's during my clean bulk that will follow.

Dose it normally(6 scoops) for the remainder of my cut, and 16 days into my clean bulk.

I guess the real questions is, can you see solid results from Xtend in only 15 days, or am I better off going for the 30?
    you can see some good results with in 15 days, either way would be fine. Mega dosing on a cut would make you have less of a chance of losing mass and actually could gain some if diet is in order.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Ask all the questions you want, I have no problem answering

I do not count the calories from Xtend, Glutamin, Fish Oil, CLA, or Sesamin, mainly because the metabolic effects these supplements have FAR out weigh and caloric content they have. If I need to decrease my calories, removing any of these is not an option, therefore I do not ever count them in my caloric intake.

Originally Posted by zcsmith
    Derek -

Thank you for the prompt response, as well as the clarification on protein. However, I do have a follow up question:

As far as supplemental nutrition, where do you draw the line? You don't count the calories that are in Xtend or glutamine, yet you probably do count the calories that are in powdered protein (Substance). How about Sesamin and fish oil, also both considered supplements. Would you count the fat that you get from those products? All of the above are considered "supplements", and I can't imagine you removing any of them from your routine any time soon.

My apologies for the constant questions, but again, I'm just trying to better understand some products. Thanks!

Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks.

BTW, Beast, I read through your mega-dose experiment today. Took me a while to finish, haha.

Anyway, it's all good stuff, with a lot of useful information.

I think I am going to megadose Xtend after that. I'm thinking 10 scoops on workout days, and deciding between 6-8 on non w/o.

I know you used 14 scoops, but I currently weigh only 160 lbs, so I'm thinking this schedual would still be considered megadosing for my weight?

"May the weights fall softly upon your shoulders, and your goals rest easy upon your back"

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

Thanks.

BTW, Beast, I read through your mega-dose experiment today. Took me a while to finish, haha.

Anyway, it's all good stuff, with a lot of useful information.

I think I am going to megadose Xtend after that. I'm thinking 10 scoops on workout days, and deciding between 6-8 on non w/o.

I know you used 14 scoops, but I currently weigh only 160 lbs, so I'm thinking this schedual would still be considered megadosing for my weight?
    I think 12 scoops would be the optimal amount for a 200 pounder. At 160, 8 scoops should be sufficient, but you will see greater gains if you use 10 or 12 scoops, that is not saying you will not see awesome gains at 8 scoops, but in the case of BCAA more is better (to a point).

Originally Posted by Beast
    I think 12 scoops would be the optimal amount for a 200 pounder. At 160, 8 scoops should be sufficient, but you will see greater gains if you use 10 or 12 scoops, that is not saying you will not see awesome gains at 8 scoops, but in the case of BCAA more is better (to a point).
    Thanks. I'm on my second day right now at 12 scoops, and starting to love it. At first I hated the taste, but I think I mixed in way too much Xtend with not enough water. Now I think I got the balance right, and it is growing on me.

One question I have though; When I first add the xtend, it doesn't mix completely. However, the more time passes, the more it seems to mix, and the weaker it seems to taste(Which is good).

So It got me wondering, is it ok to have a gallon of the stuff sitting in my fridge all day(First concern is the temp. Second is the amount of time it's been sitting), or should I be mixing it 2 scoops at a time through the day? Sorry for the somewhat ignorant question, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the composition of amino acids. Thanks

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

So It got me wondering, is it ok to have a gallon of the stuff sitting in my fridge all day(First concern is the temp. Second is the amount of time it's been sitting), or should I be mixing it 2 scoops at a time through the day? Sorry for the somewhat ignorant question, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to the composition of amino acids. Thanks
    Yes, this is what I do. I mix mine the night before and let it sit over night. Works great.