Kym7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Canned, Frozen, Fresh to eat or not to eat?

I want to know if anybody has issues with fruits and veggies. I don?t know if this is a problem all over, but here in Ohio no matter what store, all fresh items price has gone up and quality has gone down. Frozen veggies are good but frozen fruit (to me) seems to be unripe (and you have to sweeten and not may choices). And canned has many things you don?t need (but the price/taste is good). So if anybody has any suggestions on better brands, top secret stores with all the good stuff (lol), or what to do in general.

pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pacificgrl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Kym7 View Post
    I want to know if anybody has issues with fruits and veggies. I don?t know if this is a problem all over, but here in Ohio no matter what store, all fresh items price has gone up and quality has gone down. Frozen veggies are good but frozen fruit (to me) seems to be unripe (and you have to sweeten and not may choices). And canned has many things you don?t need (but the price/taste is good). So if anybody has any suggestions on better brands, top secret stores with all the good stuff (lol), or what to do in general.
    do you live near the cleveland market? the best thing to do is get your fresh foods from local farmers if you can. that's the freshest followed by store bought fresh, then frozen, and last canned.

frozen peas, corn, spinach are all good
    canned fresh pineapple in its own juice is a good staple
    Making the Cut :: 2009 daily fitness and food journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=275946851#post275946851

Don't take anyone's **** littleblkninja's Avatar
    littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) littleblkninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fresh, local, and hopefully organic is a great option. Frozen is good too. Personally, I don't do canned. Who knows how long that whatever has been swimming around in that can.
    Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics: even if you win, you're still retarded

Nothing Tastes as Good as Lean Feels!!!!

Let nothing which can be treated by diet be treated by other means. - Maimonides

Because ALL politicians lie through their worthless teeth
    www.FactCheck.org

JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) JerrysGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by littleblkninja View Post
    Fresh, local, and hopefully organic is a great option. Frozen is good too. Personally, I don't do canned. Who knows how long that whatever has been swimming around in that can.
    If she says that prices for fresh have gone up, I bet organic has gone up, too. In general, organic is always more expensive.

I buy mostly fresh, but do canned green beans and mushrooms.

Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tattooed Betty has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fresh or frozen.

Canned stuff are soaked in sodium or sugar.

If the frozen fruit doesn't appeal to your taste buds, add some splenda.
    If it's not helping you, it's hurting you!

mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mandyleeann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Personally, I LOVE frozen fruit.

And I agree with everyone, fresh and frozen are always better than canned.
    "Life is a marathon, not a sprint"

moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250) moon girl has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I find that in winter time, other things are cheaper. For example, I rarely buy squash or yams in the summer because they're much more expensive then. Also, with the harvest of apples, they tend to be cheaper around this time of year. On the other hand, I won't buy fresh blueberries unless it's summer and they're cheap.

I do usually have frozen as well as canned stuff around. I prefer frozen but I opt for canned once in a while. Green giant does have some low-sodium canned veggies, and I rinse higher sodium ones before I eat them.

As far as frozen fruit goes, have you tried different brands? I've noticed that different brands (and sometimes even batches) are better or worse quality than others. And as someone said before, there's some canned fruits that are packed in their own juice (mandarin segments comes to mind).
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3521621