24Days! ABBA Muscle Beach girlsagymaholic's Avatar
    girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000)

Tonight I learned why you never say I cant.

Tonight was my second chest night ever, despite spending the last 3 months of lifting. When I started working out I didn't do chest, I was afraid of flattening out my chest. Then I realized I have goals, and that my chest is an important part of those goals.

I am not too familiar with all the different ways to work your chest outside of dips, bench press, and the couple of machines we have. I was getting some help with it tonight, and the guy says "Have you done some benches?" Me... "Uhm, no. I can't. I don't think I can even bench the bar!"

He insisted that I try. And I very reluctantly went along for it. I laid down on the bench and pumped out 1x8 with the bar [45lb] with ease and good form. So he adds 10lbs.... pumped out 1x6! then he added another 10... I pumped out one good rep at 65lbs on my own, then he had to assist my last two and I'm sure it didn't look pretty hahahaha. Then I went back to 45lbs and pumped another set of 1x9 I was aiming for 10. So now I know... I can do it.

I was proved more than wrong tonight. Am I weak in the chest, yes. But not as weak as I made myself believe. I am so ecstatic about my benches! So now I'm more excited to do my chest days, and more excited than before to see my form improve and for 65lbs to become no big deal.

Anyways, mainly I just wanted to share my excitement somewhere with someone who might appreciate it and I hope that for all the other new girls lifting out there that thing can motivate you like it's motivated me to NEVER EVER say "I CANT" EVER AGAIN!

and on a side note... if you're like me and you're scared of flattening out your chest, well... don't hinder yourself from your goals over something like that!
    █ ♥ █ ***Canadian Crew***
    Instagram: _smash_ley_
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013
    ABBA-Muscle Beach Oct. 2013 3.5 weeks out!

JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiltedValkyrie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post
    Tonight was my second chest night ever, despite spending the last 3 months of lifting. When I started working out I didn't do chest, I was afraid of flattening out my chest. Then I realized I have goals, and that my chest is an important part of those goals.

I am not too familiar with all the different ways to work your chest outside of dips, bench press, and the couple of machines we have. I was getting some help with it tonight, and the guy says "Have you done some benches?" Me... "Uhm, no. I can't. I don't think I can even bench the bar!"

He insisted that I try. And I very reluctantly went along for it. I laid down on the bench and pumped out 1x8 with the bar [45lb] with ease and good form. So he adds 10lbs.... pumped out 1x6! then he added another 10... I pumped out one good rep at 65lbs on my own, then he had to assist my last two and I'm sure it didn't look pretty hahahaha. Then I went back to 45lbs and pumped another set of 1x9 I was aiming for 10. So now I know... I can do it.

I was proved more than wrong tonight. Am I weak in the chest, yes. But not as weak as I made myself believe. I am so ecstatic about my benches! So now I'm more excited to do my chest days, and more excited than before to see my form improve and for 65lbs to become no big deal.

Anyways, mainly I just wanted to share my excitement somewhere with someone who might appreciate it and I hope that for all the other new girls lifting out there that thing can motivate you like it's motivated me to NEVER EVER say "I CANT" EVER AGAIN!

and on a side note... if you're like me and you're scared of flattening out your chest, well... don't hinder yourself from your goals over something like that!
    Good for you!

I used to be deathly afraid of weights and then i got a trainer and I learned proper form for many of the equipment and free weights and told my trainer I was absolutely against bulk of any kind--naive to the fact it was impossible due to my 1500 calorie diet. Now I'm in love with weights and am LOVING the powerful feeling of being able to do things I never thought I'd be able to do/refused to try. I've turned my life around by focusing on my body as the centerpoint of my life and everything else 2nd. I'm now eating a yummy 2200-2500 calories/day.

It inspires me further when I read about people like you and everybody on here. This board is a great place to feel inspired!

WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50) WariorGoddess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yayyyy...congrats to you! Benching 65lbs is awesome!!! Some women can't even bench the bar at first so you're off to a great start.

Really the only way you will loose your boobs is lowering your body fat %. As a result of lifting and having low BF% I now have no boobs...it's kind of a give and take situation. So I gave up my boobs for muscle and lean-ness....for me it didn't matter bc I was never that much on boobs in the first place

Keep up the good work!

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's a great story! Good for you for overcomming your self doubt. We need more of that around here.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000) Cinabun is just really nice. (+1000)
    I thought building your chest muscles would actually make your boobs more aesthetic considering it would tone the muscles lying underneath them?

lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lynore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wonderful progress!!! I have found the only thing holding me back is my *own* fear and self doubt about what I was and was not able to achieve in the gym. Good for you and thanks for sharing your story.

LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10) LilT1026 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Cinabun View Post
    I thought building your chest muscles would actually make your boobs more aesthetic considering it would tone the muscles lying underneath them?
    ^This^ My cup size has gone down (yay) but the shape is better too. My husband actually told me this morning that I'm getting "the line" on my chest and that is way hotter to him than bigger boobs

girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000) girlsagymaholic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cinabun View Post
    I have watched a few women in the gym who are training for an Oct. competition and when you first start out it seems that yes, it'll make the boobs perkier, and just look better even if you do loose a little in size. But if you are planning on getting into the real deal of lifting and competing it's very rare to see a girl with boobs unless they are fake or unless they had HUGE ones starting out.

Correct me if I'm wrong those who are more experienced?

Just take a good look at Dana Linn Baily, Christy Allen, Heidi Lafrenz. [unless they've gotten recent boob jobs] they are fairly flat and all at different levels I believe. Just depends on how important your boobs are to you. lol
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

thanks guys, i'm glad i inspired some of you, and it's good to hear that it's a good starting weight i feel so encouraged after last night! actually excited about chest days now.
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kaleida is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm impressed with your first try! I had to start with just the bar and work my way up to 65 pounds very slowly.

well thanks
    I will be sticking to 45lb bar and 55lbs to build up some strength before i touch 65lbs again, but thanks, i am excited and at the same time a li'l upset that i've been jipping myself for 3 months :/ lol
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job OP, you should be proud of overcoming that. Just wait like 3 more months, you'll be warming up with that 65 like it's nothing.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amazon22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by girlsagymaholic View Post

Congratulations to you!! It's great to hear of someone outshining their own expectations. You're capable of so much more than you know! And about the flattening out the chest thing...trust me, when you build muscle underneath there and you have decent boob-age (LOL) on top, those girls will look perkier than ever, I'm just sayin'! I'm trying to add muscle mass right now and am eating more and that area almost gets in the way!

calli2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Inspiring!

I'm new to chest days too. It's week
    One and I'm still struggling with the bar alone. You have def inspired me to keep at it. It can be so frustrating not being able to do this unassisted. Someday...until then I'll keep struggling
    You can't have the rainbow without the rain! -Dolly Parton

thanks so much for the encouragement. last night i decided "well if I can bench almost twice as much as i thought i could, maybe i've been cheating myself in my other workouts!"

Last night was legs/chest.
    I moved my Tricep Pull-downs from 30lbs to 50lbs and did a set of 1x8 at 50.
    Calf press I was doing 150 for 3x10, last night was 1x8@165, 1x6@195, 1x6@265! That's approx. twice my weight and all these days I was complaining I'd never get there.
    Kickbacks I did 12lbs and 15lbs instead of 8lbs and 10lbs.
    Leg press I did 50, 70, 90lbs instead of 30, 40, 50.
    And instead of hacksquatting at 90lbs I did a REAL LIFE BARBELL squat at 45, 35, 30. lol My form needs work so I will stick with 35-45 until I can support my form better.

Things are getting real. It's on! lol
    ABBA-NABC June 1, 2013

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think a lot of women struggle with the chest and doing the bench..keep at it and you will improve

SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10) SmellyHippy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm impressed! Keep up the good work!