Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Team4Dyce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep doing whatever youre doing and youll be fine.

cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by fullofrage84 View Post
    I apologize for coming off that way. It seriously thought you were trying to say something by asking the MRE question. Those things are no good for you whatsoever. Packed full of preservatives to make them last for years and carbs up the a$$ to give you energy. I guess if you were to eat one for every meal, and consume the entire MRE, then you could potentially pack some some pounds, it just probably wouldn't look very good!
    I will take your critiscism and run with it. I guess the arm comment kinda got to me, even though I asked for the comments. No guy likes to be told his arms are small! Again though, I asked for your opinion and you gave it to me, so thanks.
    No, I was just simply curious because I know MREs are packed with calories, but I don't know if they are healthy for you or not. To be open for criticism is to accept the fact that you're not flawless and ready to hear the bad and possibly the good. If I was an @$$hole and trying to make fun of you, I would just say the negative things without giving anything positive. But in critiquing etiquette 101, you give positives with negatives but it seems like I offended you nonetheless. Anyways, I'm glad we understand each other now.

Sometimes I do post troll messages but I have my fair share of serious posts as well and this was one of them.

cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500) cupontable is not very helpful. (-500)
    You have a really good point vikingsfan. Since I am so new to working out, I had never been exposed to lifts like the Deadlift. I guy that is co-located with me has been lifting for a long time, and used to be a personal trainer said the same thing you just did. He fixed my poor, in-experienced form when I was doing it, and then told me I must have a rediclously strong lower back to pull 400+ lbs off the ground incorrectly without hurting myself. Needless to say, I have fixed my form since.
    I do enjoy doing olympic style lifts etc, it has always just concerned me that the strongest guys in the world, all seem to look like a plum.
    It's really how you define strongest. A lot of powerlifters may be able to lift a heavy # once, but afterwards they've used all the fuel in their tank. In terms of muscular endurance (which is what I would rather pursue), I would give the nod to the bodybuilder.

fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fullofrage84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cupontable View Post
    It's really how you define strongest. A lot of powerlifters may be able to lift a heavy # once, but afterwards they've used all the fuel in their tank. In terms of muscular endurance (which is what I would rather pursue), I would give the nod to the bodybuilder.
    Very true, which is why I've always been into endurance related training also. The ability to press heavy weight, and then run for several hours if I have to is something I love and strive to improve on.
    Current weight- 200
    Bench max- 315
    Squat max- 335
    Deadlift max- 475
    Push press- 205x3

2011-2012 5 marathons completed (x2 50km races, x3 26.2 miles)

Currently deployed US Army Ranger

vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10) vikingsfan247 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You have a really good point vikingsfan. Since I am so new to working out, I had never been exposed to lifts like the Deadlift. I guy that is co-located with me has been lifting for a long time, and used to be a personal trainer said the same thing you just did. He fixed my poor, in-experienced form when I was doing it, and then told me I must have a rediclously strong lower back to pull 400+ lbs off the ground incorrectly without hurting myself. Needless to say, I have fixed my form since.
    I do enjoy doing olympic style lifts etc, it has always just concerned me that the strongest guys in the world, all seem to look like a plum.
    yeah but are they running marathons as long as you keep up with your cardio then you wont become a plum. And it is always fun to power clean something .