chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not eating 100% Broscience food can still get you the results?

I rarely snack on junk food, eat fast-food, or red meat. I'd like to say I eat healthy 85% of the time including my main diet of whole wheat bread, peanut butter, fruits, veggies, chicken breast, turkey, lean ground beef, nuts, cottage cheese, etc.

But sometimes I don't eat "bro-science" food like white rice, nature valley protein granola bars, home made chicken wing, pho, regular pasta that isn't whole wheat, and stuff like that. But I try to make it fit my MACROS, right now I'm eating a bit above maintenance.

People on here say that you won't get the best results unless you eat 90% clean. But some people say it's okay if you're not trying to be a BB/competitor.

vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow...same thread here...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=143300223

Eat required macros and train to obtain desired results.

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    Trust me. There's nothing magical about those foods in terms of body comp. On the other hand, some foods are "better" for actually sticking to your diet, so if it's following the plan and getting in the right number of calories and macros, those "bro science" foods can sometimes be better. They also tend to be higher in micronutrients, but if you're taking a vitamin and at least eating SOME healthy foods, some unhealthy foods are fine

chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50) chelle21689 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vrundmc View Post
    Wow...same thread here...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=143300223

Eat required macros and train to obtain desired results.
    Thanks for the link but that's a different question. He's asking about how to eat clean and that it's troublesome and my question is a bit different. His post doesn't even have many responses. I've already seen an article on that link about the dirt on clean eating, but I want to know from people...REAL people not some journalist or someone working for a site cuz I think real people give better answers that I can more likely believe........

vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50) vrundmc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Short answer: Worry about meeting your macro needs with a diet that consists of whole foods. Eat a variety of foods that contain a variety of nutrients. From a body composition perspective, as long as you meet your macros and are training for a desired result (weight loss or weight gain), the specific foods do not matter as long as your macros are met.

The thread I posted is a similar question. The trouble with eating clean is the misconception of clean being "healthy" or superior for you. It's just a label that is often misused. I lump all of the questions regarding "healthy and "clean" eating together. Results are based on macros, obtaining sufficient micronutrients (which are still present in higher fats of meat but may not be considered "healthy"), and training. Take a look at the last post by PhiSig. Rep him.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chelle21689 View Post
    People on here say that you won't get the best results unless you eat 90% clean. But some people say it's okay if you're not trying to be a BB/competitor.
    Why are you still going on about "clean" food when I'm certain that myself and others have already told you there's no such thing? Your results come based on the macro & micronutrient composition of your diet. You body doesn't know the name of the food you're eating. I feel like we're beating a dead horse here because you just don't seem to get it. And why wouldn't you eat red meat?!? You seem to be completely brainwashed and utterly confused and yet you don't heed the advice you get here.

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I rarely snack on junk food, eat fast-food, or red meat. I'd like to say I eat healthy 85% of the time including my main diet of whole wheat bread, peanut butter, fruits, veggies, chicken breast, turkey, lean ground beef, nuts, cottage cheese, etc.

But sometimes I don't eat "bro-science" food like white rice, nature valley protein granola bars, home made chicken wing, pho, regular pasta that isn't whole wheat, and stuff like that. But I try to make it fit my MACROS, right now I'm eating a bit above maintenance.

I'm not sure what my clean vs. unclean food ratio is (whatever that means), but I think as long as you stick to nurient rich foods you'll be fine. I make sure to get my protein from a variety of sources; greek yogurt, chicken breast, whey, soymilk, lentils, beans and nuts. For carbs I stick to whole grains for the most part, but I have some white rice with dinner nearly every night. Why? Because I love to mix it with my beans and lentils, and the cost. I can get a 25 pound bag of jasmine rice at the wholesale club for like $13.

Hope that helps...

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    Why are you still going on about "clean" food when I'm certain that myself and others have already told you there's no such thing? Your results come based on the macro & micronutrient composition of your diet. You body doesn't know the name of the food you're eating. I feel like we're beating a dead horse here because you just don't seem to get it. And why wouldn't you eat red meat?!? You seem to be completely brainwashed and utterly confused and yet you don't heed the advice you get here.
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

brainwashed? did i say i DON'T eat red meat? I just said that I don't eat it much. i have a history of high cholesterol in my family with my dad and his side. last i read eating red meat increases those risks... jeez pms Last I checked with my history boards, I have only asked once about IIFYM. The others were same category but not the same question for ex. me asking if the macros are a minimum requirement. not exactly the same

How the heck you get $13 for Jasmine Rice? lol here it costs about $20-$25 for a 25lb bag.. it's from Thailand though.
    Last edited by chelle21689; 03-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.

MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10) MNTiburon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    brainwashed? i have a history of high cholesterol in my family with my dad and his side. last i read eating red meat increases those risks... jeez pms Last I checked with my history boards, I have only asked once about IIFYM. The others were same category but not the same question for ex. me asking if the macros are a minimum requirement. not exactly the same
    Definitely a good idea to stay area from red meat (beef, lamb, pork) and processed meats like hot dogs and salami. A recent study found a 14% increased risk of cancer/heart disease. With so many healthy meat options out there (not to mention vegetarian options like beans, lentils, soy) why take the risk?

Full disclosure: I love the taste of red meat, and about once a month I'll have a hamburger (93/7) on a cheat meal. Have to say it tastes even better when you eat it that rarely, no pun intended.
    Last edited by MNTiburon; 03-20-2012 at 01:20 PM.

joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50) joshuatrester will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Eatting like a bro will net you better gains Imo...

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MNTiburon View Post
    I'm not sure what my clean vs. unclean food ratio is (whatever that means), but I think as long as you stick to nurient rich foods you'll be fine. I make sure to get my protein from a variety of sources; greek yogurt, chicken breast, whey, soymilk, lentils, beans and nuts. For carbs I stick to whole grains for the most part, but I have some white rice with dinner nearly every night. Why? Because I love to mix it with my beans and lentils, and the cost. I can get a 25 pound bag of jasmine rice at the wholesale club for like $13.

Hope that helps...
    ~$20 for 50 lbs of Jasmine Rice. Costco FTW bitches!
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bclutch23 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    if after reading this you still are still 'unsure' and feel as though your question hasn't been answer, I have no idea what you're asking

How the heck you get $13 for Jasmine Rice? lol here it costs about $20-$25 for a 25lb bag.. it's from Thailand though.

The jasmine rice I buy is Thai as well. I can also get a 50lb bag for like $22 but it's too big to fit in my cabinets. The reason it's so cheap is because I belong to a wholesale club. The quantities are larger than normal but for things that don't spoil like rice it's perfect. I pay a membership fee of $50/year and the prices are incredible. It's also where I buy my whey protein, and it's like half the price of nutrition stores.

Originally Posted by bclutch23 View Post
    if after reading this you still are still 'unsure' and feel as though your question hasn't been answer, I have no idea what you're asking
    Well I know that but what about those that have claimed that "CLEAN" foods (do I need to say it? whole grains and all that bro stuff) make better GAINS. Like I said people said that if you're an avg joe trying to look good eating certain foods don't matter unless you're a BB. I just want to know if that is true for the BB and fitness competitors.

BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOB55555 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well I know that but what about those that have claimed that "CLEAN" foods (do I need to say it? whole grains and all that bro stuff) make better GAINS. Like I said people said that if you're an avg joe trying to look good eating certain foods don't matter unless you're a BB. I just want to know if that is true for the BB and fitness competitors.
    I don't know who those people are - preaching clean foods give better gains - I don't think any regulars here say that.

The best idea IMO is to read stuff from people who know what they're talking about deeply. Examples would probably be Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Will Brink, Martin Berkham, Layne Norton, maybe a few more...

Those are guys that are very up-to-date with all the scientific research and/or have trained/advised many people throughout their careers.

I believe most of them (maybe all of them, but I'm not completely sure) agree that "clean" foods do not provide better gains at all, as long as you're able to hit your macros and micronutrients. And this seem to apply to professional bodybuilders as well (I have no idea how steroids can change things though).

Where those knowledgeable guys usually disagree are in small areas, like the validity of BCAA supplementation at certain times and what not - this is stuff that may make a difference for professionals, since they need every little edge.

The "clean" foods are usually good for a diet because most of them have a good micronutrient profile, a lot of fiber, and are free of stuff such as trans fat. So bro foods usually are the biggest part of most people's diets around here, but it is not because they give better gains. The "90% clean" becomes useful heer because you'll probably have an easier time hitting your needs with them - especially micronutrients.

If you can somehow design a diet that hits your macros and micros around stuff like ice cream and bacon, the current research seems to say that you'll have the same results you'd have with a bro diet with the same micros and macros.

This is all for the average person. You may be an outlier, you may feel better/more energized with "clean" foods, or maybe not... this is up to you to find out.

I hope this helps somewhat.

PS: From what I've been reading, the current research also dismiss bro foods as advantageous for cholesterol control as well. It appears that, if you eat more cholesterol, your body produces less of it, so it all evens out. There was a thread about this recently, and the most up-to-date advice seems to be "eat a little of everything, except trans fats, and don't eat too much (you shouldn't get fat)".
    Last edited by BOB55555; 03-20-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Originally Posted by BOB55555 View Post
    I don't know who those people are - preaching clean foods give better gains - I don't think any regulars here say that.

The best idea IMO is to read stuff from people who know what they're talking about deeply. Examples would probably be Alan Aragon, Lyle McDonald, Will Brink, Martin Berkham, Layne Norton, maybe a few more...

Those are guys that are very up-to-date with all the scientific research and/or have trained/advised many people throughout their careers.

I believe most of them (maybe all of them, but I'm not completely sure) agree that "clean" foods do not provide better gains at all, as long as you're able to hit your macros and micronutrients. And this seem to apply to professional bodybuilders as well (I have no idea how steroids can change things though).

Where those knowledgeable guys usually disagree are in small areas, like the validity of BCAA supplementation at certain times and what not - this is stuff that may make a difference for professionals, since they need every little edge.

The "clean" foods are usually good for a diet because most of them have a good micronutrient profile, a lot of fiber, and are free of stuff such as trans fat. So bro foods usually are the biggest part of most people's diets around here, but it is not because they give better gains. The "90% clean" becomes useful heer because you'll probably have an easier time hitting your needs with them - especially micronutrients.

If you can somehow design a diet that hits your macros and micros around stuff like ice cream and bacon, the current research seems to say that you'll have the same results you'd have with a bro diet with the same micros and macros.

This is all for the average person. You may be an outlier, you may feel better/more energized with "clean" foods, or maybe not... this is up to you to find out.

I hope this helps somewhat.

PS: From what I've been reading, the current research also dismiss bro foods as advantageous for cholesterol control as well. It appears that, if you eat more cholesterol, your body produces less of it, so it all evens out. There was a thread about this recently, and the most up-to-date advice seems to be "eat a little of everything, except trans fats, and don't eat too much (you shouldn't get fat)".
    Thanks so much

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks so much
    I recommend you learn more about digestion, and what happens to the various nutrients once eaten. Once you understand the fundamentals, you wouldn't need to ask questions like "will clean food get me better gains." You'll understand that the body knows protein, fat, and carbs...not whether a food is called "big mac" or "brown rice."

Also, I recommend doing some more reading about cholesterol. There are various subtypes (only one of which increases risk of heart disease), and the term "high cholesterol" is completely meaningless. Also, it's already been beaten to death here that saturated fat and dietary cholesterol do not increase the harmful subtype and do not increase risk of cardiovascular disease, and you're still going on about avoidance. Genetics you can't do anything about, but avoidance of something that doesn't contribute is just nonsense. Maintain a healthy weight and exercise, and eat your meat and eggs, as well as plenty of poly & mono unsaturated fats. I urge you to step into the 21st century of nutrition, you're still stuck in the 90's.
    Last edited by MikeK46; 03-20-2012 at 07:50 PM.