leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First week into cut.. no weight loss - pics and questions

Some of you are probably already annoyed at the title, rightly so. I shouldn't expect much from a week. But I weight EXACTLY the same. I have cut out EVERY bit of crap from my diet, I don't even have milk with coffee. I eat every 3 hours, high protein etc. I really don't want to mess this cut up, I want to get lean for once. I have not started any cardio yet, bar walking dogs twice a week.

Can you see any difference, why have I not lost weight on the scales (not that I care too much just more curious) as most people seem to lose a big chunk on the first week.

Any advice very welcome

Long way to go... will get there though!

RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RubenOlivares is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You definitely seem to of reduced bodyfat. Start some cardio, you're only a week in, relax bro.

leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) leoyo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm trying to relax but I really don't want to mess it up. I'm going to try light cardio after my workout all next week I think

gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gschober has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you tracking your macros? It took me a week or 2 to find the right reduction in calories from my bulk to start losing on the scale.

moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) moore93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You may not have lost weight, but it's apparent that you lost body fat on your lower back and abdomen area.

...which can only mean two things, you built muscle or you drank some water right before you weighed yourself.

Edit:
    Unless your underwear is really tight in the first pic squeezing the body fat in giving you a slight muffin top look.

Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cbuzz00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Defo lost a little round the midsection IMO. It's a slow process unless you stop eating altogether. So just give it a bit of time.

cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500) cablesbrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000) mccoy19 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by leoyo View Post
    Some of you are probably already annoyed at the title, rightly so. I shouldn't expect much from a week. But I weight EXACTLY the same. I have cut out EVERY bit of crap from my diet, I don't even have milk with coffee. I eat every 3 hours, high protein etc. I really don't want to mess this cut up, I want to get lean for once. I have not started any cardio yet, bar walking dogs twice a week.

Can you see any difference, why have I not lost weight on the scales (not that I care too much just more curious) as most people seem to lose a big chunk on the first week.

Any advice very welcome

Definitely don't go off of the scale man, i'd go off of the mirror, and actual measurements. If you pick up a measuring tape that would be a much better tell tale sign. Your weight can fluctuate quite a few lbs. depending on water intake, sodium, bloat, etc. So the scale normally isn't the best indicator. What does your diet look like now? Are you counting calories? In a deficit? If so... you should be good to go. Good luck!

JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JJRKnights is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    We are at about the same weight right now, check out my thread that I made in this section.

Keep up the work, i'm in for your transformation.

But I weight EXACTLY the same. I have cut out EVERY bit of crap from my diet, I don't even have milk with coffee. I eat every 3 hours, high protein etc. I really don't want to mess this cut up, I want to get lean for once. I have not started any cardio yet, bar walking dogs twice a week.
    Just because you cut back the crap doesn't mean you will lose weight, are you counting your calories right? We are basically the same and I eat around 2k calories a day, drink only water, and I lose up to 2 lbs a week. I do crossfit football and play basketball regularly.

I see a difference in your lower back, and honestly it is a ***** to get rid of body fat in that area, so you're looking good. Most people that seem to lose a "big chunk" in the first week are actually losing more water weight and weight from glycogen stores rather than fat.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

I rep bake 100%, if I haven't repped bake i'm on r/c

Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tidus2323 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Took me a month to be as cut as i am. reduce the calories and add some cardio. but i do notice your losing bodyfat. dont focus on the scale. just focus on the mirror. notice different changes(new viens, definition, bulges) doing great!

humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50) humzah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by leoyo View Post

Any advice very welcome

I can actually see a small amount of fat loss in the before/after pictures. You seem to be focusing more on the scale than on your pictures/mirror.

garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10) garettnorthey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do light Cardio? Go all out on the cardio. Results don't come without hard work, so giver your all.

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I will for sure now ignore the scales, I knew it deep down but as soon as I started to diet I was thinking about scales.

I don't track macros, I know that's bad for alot of people. But I know at least 4 people who compete and they just adjust + or - their rice by 25g to determine how much weight they lose and these guys look awesome after a cut, so I'm steering down that route.

Also the reason I want to do light cardio is I am not in a rush to get lean, I have seen a few people start a cut, go crazy on cardio and end up looking skinny or losing a lot of muscle. I'll just go 30 mins walking after workouts I think, to try it.

garettnorthey, I think the hardest work is eating this bland diet and preparing meals the night before.

I'm eating 5 to 6 times a day smallish meals with protein every time. Something like this;

10 egg whites / half grapefruit / 1 whole egg 1 slice wholewheat bread / 25g sunflower seeds
    150g Chicken - 100g white rice
    150g chicken - 100g white rice
    tin tuna - veg - 75g wholewheat pasta
    170g salmon - 150g cottage cheese

That's something like what I have most days now, I change it up a bit

- I'll be taking pics each week too so I can track progress :-)

chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500) chupalo is not very helpful. (-500)
    I'm bored and decided to calculate the macros for you. Rough figures, but it gives you an idea.

10 egg whites = 170 cals .6g fat 2.5g carbs 36g protein
    half grapefruit = 50 calories og fat 13g carbs 1g protein
    1 whole egg = 70 calories 5g fat 0g carbs 6g protein
    1 slice bread: 120 calories 2.5g fat 23g carbs 4g protein
    25g sunflower seeds= 170 calories 16g fat 6g carbs 5g protein
    300g chicken = 480 calories 12g fat 0g carbs 93g protein
    200g white rice = 720 calories 2g fat 160g carbs 14g protein (i assume this is the weight pre-cooked)
    tin tuna = 191 calories 1g fat 0g carbs 42g protein (assuming its in water)
    75g pasta = 250 calories 1g fat 60g carbs 10g protein (again assuming its the raw weight)
    170g salmon = 360 calories 22g fat 0g carbs 40g protein
    150g cottage cheese = 110 calories 1.5g fat 4g carbs 16g protein

calories: 2691
    fat: 62.6
    carbs:268.5
    protein:267
    Personally i'd get some more fat in there. But for calories it looks good.

If you meant the pasta and rice are those weights after cooking them, then half the calorie and macro numbers for those foods.

Wow thanks for that, oddly I was just about to check it out myself but you saved me the time. Repped. I tried to rep everybody else but ran out.

Cut is still going well, don't feel tempted to cheat at all. I'll get the second week pics up Saturday.. I might do a progress thread on it,

Leg pic, I should of took one at the start too. oh well , i will each week now

pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Nutrition>>>Workout when it comes to dropping the weight/cutting. Make sure your calories and macros are in order first. Common/safe approach is -500 cals your maintenance amount. At the same time you want to get the right amount of protein/carbs/fats in line also. The stickies are very helpful with this. Working out/cardio will be beneficial to you, yes, but to maximize and get the full benefit of the process, you need to get the nutrition squared away first.
    Cellucor P6 Black Mini-Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153128861&p=1060719641#post1060719641

Next goal: Strength/Size
    Bench: 150% BW (Achieved!! 10-8-2012)
    Squat: 200% BW (Achieved!! 10-8-2012)
    Deadlift: 250% BW (Work in progress as of 10-8-2012, 168%)

pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) pmgiampi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by chupalo View Post
    I'm bored and decided to calculate the macros for you. Rough figures, but it gives you an idea.

Personally i'd get some more fat in there. But for calories it looks good. If you meant the pasta and rice are those weights after cooking them, then half the calorie and macro numbers for those foods.

Agreed here. Up the fats and drop the carbs. You'll see huge improvements with this adjustment. Peanuts/almonds are a great snack that are low carb/high fat. Same goes with Peanut Butter.
    Cellucor P6 Black Mini-Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153128861&p=1060719641#post1060719641

Next goal: Strength/Size
    Bench: 150% BW (Achieved!! 10-8-2012)
    Squat: 200% BW (Achieved!! 10-8-2012)
    Deadlift: 250% BW (Work in progress as of 10-8-2012, 168%)

franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50) franktankkk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You look slimmer in your midsection. Im currently cutting as well, Ive only lost 2lbs in 3weeks but i can tell in the mirror. Ignore the scale.. like stated above a measuring tape would be best. Good luck.
    Im in for motivation

thanks for all the advise I am taking it all in. as of next week I will drop carbs from one of the meals and swap for peanuts or something.. mmm chicken and peanuts!!!!

I will be busy the weekend so the second week pics are few days early..

ps- where is the part I can keep a journel of my progress , thanks#

How many weeks before I start to see some definition??? I know thats a kinda impossible question

feebslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well done. very good progress