wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Brenda's Triathlon Journey

I had a journal on here a few months ago but life got kind of crazy so I wasn't able to get online as much as I wanted. If anyone remembers me, my husband who was in Iraq came home safely and we are now living in GA.

I've found out that they do Triathlon events on base and that there are several good triathlon events held about an hour or so away from here. So right now I'm still lifting heavy, but I'm going to start adding a bit more cardio to add a solid base when I start getting ready for triathlon season. My first *tentative* event is in April and I'm pretty excited about it.

We're pretty much settled and have almost everything hung up, organized, etc (all the fun stuff that accompanies moving). We've been here about 2 weeks, we left Oregon on the 13th and arrived at 5 am on the 17th - long drive!

I don't have a workout for today because I didn't realize that the gym on post would close early today. I arrived as the last of the cars drove off . I am planning on getting to the gym earlier tomorrow so I can get my workout in. Oh yeah, my diet has pretty much sucked since we moved but tomorrow starts clean eating for me again.
    Army wife - toughest job in the army!

Goal: To lose the 45 lbs I gained during my 4th pregnancy
    Update: Reached goal on 9/28/07!
    15 more lbs to go for my goal weight of 150

What I'm eating: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=brenlorken

http://www.myspace.com/brenlorken

sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10) sb_cali is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Silly! Of course we remember you! ;P

Welcome back!

So glad to hear your hubby is back and you are both together now...

Wow... Oregon to Georgia? How do you like it so far?

I hope you have a super Happy New Years!

sb_cali
    "Never, never, never give up." ~ Winston Churchill

Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boots is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Happy New Year!
    "People do not lack strength, they lack will."

wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wannabehotmama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Todays workout was good. I did 35 min of running - 5 min warm up/cool down - on the treadmill.

Then I did upper body

Pull Ups - 3 sets of 12 on the assisted pull up machine
    Inverted Rows - 1 set of 10, 2 sets of 6
    Cable Pull - 3 sets of 12 @ 25
    Dips - 2 sets of 12, 1 set at 10
    Push Up - 3 sets of 10
    Cable Row - 3 sets of 12

Diet wasn't so good. Dh made pancakes this morning and I had 2 of those with an egg. After workout snack was a protein shake and lunch was a green salad with grilled chicken. We took the kids to the park in the afternoon and on the way back dh stopped by Busters for ice cream. I could have said "no" but I ended up with a waffle cone sundae. As a surprise dh also bought a bottle of Champagne. I guess I'll worry about diet tomorrow......

What I'm eating: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=brenlorken

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR, BRENDA!!!!! i JUST FOUND YOUR NEW JOURNAL.
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

Todays workout was 40 min on the bike - 5 min warm up/cool down. I tried to keep the RPM's at 110-120, so I was mostly "spinning". Then I did 30 min of abs. There was a HUGE thunderstorm last night (it rattled the window in our bedroom at times) so I didn't sleep well and then it was really humid today. The gym on post doesn't have air conditioning so it was like working out in a sauna...... I was actually glad to go outside and get into *cooler* air.

I have legs planned for tomorrow and (if I can find my goggles) I'm going to swim some laps after I lift. Tomorrow is also the first day that dh has to be back at the Clinic where he works so I'm changing my workout time from morning to evening.

I also need to register my oldest son for the 4 year old pre-school, get my middle son set up for 3 year old pre-school (need to find where that is first), get us all set up at the hospital so I can get our medical records transfered, go to Target to return some stuff and find a store that sells swim goggles (if I can't find my other ones). I'm so glad that this time we're going to be here for at least a year! I won't have to do this again for a while....

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome BACK!@!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey!!!

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Welcome back OneHotMama hehe!
    "Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop."

GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000) GyMgrrrL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi! I didnt know you from your last jounal, I'm pretty new here...
    But, I'm training for a triathlon this year as well!! I am hoping to do a sprint in June and an Olympic in late September! I look forward to following your journal, I'm sure it will keep me motivated too!
    *Sarah*

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=649139853#post649139853

---

"The dictionary is the only place success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must all pay for success."
    -Vince Lombardi

"Yesterday ended last night. Everyday is a new beginning. Learn the skills of accepting and forgetting. And move on"
    -Norman Vincent Peale

Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000) Ninja J is just really nice. (+1000)
    Still a busy lady I see!

Yeah, transfering all that crap is a pain! Here in a few weeks.... or maybe months, I won't have to do it ever again. Well, unless we decide to move or something, or hubby decides he wants to join the Army. They are offering some pretty big incentives for Active military member of other branches... he's been thinking about it, and asking me about it. I'm not too keen on the idea. I think he's finally decided to wait though, and test out civilian life first.

Our gym here is like a sauna in the summer. It's feels better outside than it does inside. I wish we had a pool though. Well, an indoor one, anyhow. The outside pool is closed until May.
    Jonathan Alexander was born 8-11-08
    8-11-08: 5lbs 12oz, 19 inches long
    8-13-08: 5lbs 6oz
    8-25-08: 7lbs, 19.5 inches long
    10-14-08: 11lbs 12oz, 21.75 in. long

It's been so crazy the past few days that I haven't even been able to get on the computer. Can you believe it took me 3 freaking days to get my 3 year old registered for Pre-school?? I've pretty much got everything done now, I just need to make dr.'s appointments for the kids (pre-school physical for my 3 year old and eye, ear, teeth checkup for my 4 year old). I also need to get all of the shot records for my kids transfered a Georgia certificate. Just more PITA stuff......

I have maintained my workouts (it's the one thing that has kept me sane LOL) and I'm planning on working out today. I was on the spinning bike for an hour yesterday, it would have been an outside ride but my bike has a flat . The day before I did legs and the day before that was cardio (running) and abs. There is a duathlon I would like to do in April that is 5 mile run, 34 mile bike and 5 mile run. I just need to get my base up now so that I can start training for the event starting in Feb.

Jess - enjoy the civilian life!! Dh reinlisted in Iraq and he got a pretty good sized bonus and they are sending him to school. Otherwise I would have told him to just get out. What is your dh going to do? Does he have any ideas, plans yet?

GyMgrrrL - just to warn you, triathlons are very addicting! Good luck with your training journey. Just for FYI a really good place for information and training programs is www.trinewbies.com and to find events in your area http://www.trifind.com/.

okay, gotta go fix some train tracks....

Brenda

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well well...look whos back!

Of course we didn't forget you- how could we?

Welcome back hot mama!!
    Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CROWLER is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Hot Mama,

Welcome back.

Congrats on your goal. I have done a few triathlons in GA and they were VERY nice ones. Not sure if you are running and biking on the road or in the gym. You may know this already but it is COMPLETELY different inside and outside as far as treadmill and stationary bike. One winter I trained exclusively for the bike on a bike trainer including sprints, LSD etc. The first day on the road nearly killed me. It was almost as if I had done nothing all winter, bike wise.

For me I had an injury and could not run on the treadmill but could use the eliptical trainer. I was amazed that after 4 months of NO running at all, just eliptical training, that running in a race I was only a LITTLE slower than when I trained running on the roads and track.

I was quite sore the day after the race from the pounding but during the race not anymore tired or sore than when I trained actually running. But the treadmill did NOT yield the same results.

If you have any questions just let me know, am more than happy to help, I taught a couple triathlon training classes at the local Y.

CROWLER

* * * * * FREE SAMPLES * * * * * *|

Just go here: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136099081

michaelp [at] AISportsNutrition.com