Closed Thread
Page 183 of 326 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 9755
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    I could have went my entire life without that info. ^^^^^^^^^^

Nice walleye lhprop. Good to see a fish pic in here.
    Yeah... No sh*t... I mean you can't find more challenging things to do with your life than drink hot donkey semen for a little quick cash.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would have definitely gone with the urine.

I imagine she won't have any trouble with boyfriends and husbands in the future though, should be a breeze now.

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    I would have definitely gone with the urine.

I imagine she won't have any trouble with boyfriends and husbands in the future though, should be a breeze now.
    Whatever dude, she'd need at least ten years of extensive dental cleanings before I'd kiss a girl who drank a quart of rotten donkey semen!

You can't tell me it wouldn't be going through your head?
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Yeah up here a lot of guys start out fishing bass, because they're easy to catch... And then slowly evolve into Walleye. In my early 20's I caught a lot of Walleye basically on accident one spring. And I developed the Gold Fever early.

They're elusive bastards to be sure.

As I've gotten older I've come to enjoy pan fishing more and more...

I mean if you think about money and time put in for fish and fun taken out, it is far more productive to get some slab crappies and a couple of bronco blue gills!
    Just recently started using tilapia in my cooking and it's leading me to think about using crappie - I've got 5+ 1.5-2.0lb bags of filets frozen, and I hate to fry a good tasting fish.

I dig crappie fishing during the spawning run - lots of hiking and getting in and out of tight spots.

I'm thinking my daughter is going to have to accompany me and Grandpa out on a few crappie expeditions this year - at 7, she can stay out of most of the dangerous situations.

My 4 year old, on the other hand, can't be trusted with cotton balls - he'll figure out how to break something. If I took him, I'd spend more time fishing him out of the water than actually fishing.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whatever dude, she'd need at least ten years of extensive dental cleanings before I'd kiss a girl who drank a quart of rotten donkey semen!

Yeah, if she's nasty enough to do that, what other nasty things has she done in her life?
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RMBros View Post
    Just recently started using tilapia in my cooking and it's leading me to think about using crappie - I've got 5+ 1.5-2.0lb bags of filets frozen, and I hate to fry a good tasting fish.

I dig crappie fishing during the spawning run - lots of hiking and getting in and out of tight spots.

I'm thinking my daughter is going to have to accompany me and Grandpa out on a few crappie expeditions this year - at 7, she can stay out of most of the dangerous situations.

My 4 year old, on the other hand, can't be trusted with cotton balls - he'll figure out how to break something. If I took him, I'd spend more time fishing him out of the water than actually fishing.
    Sooooo...Let me get this straight: You have Crappie in the freezer and are using ****ty tilapia in your cooking
    Psalm 121

Yeah I've missed the last two slab fests up here, so I'm going to triple my efforts to get on AT LEAST that this year.

My wife and I always have some tilapia on hand in the freezer in IQF bags that she buys in bulk.

Fitty texted me while I was out lunch saying he's going smelting.
    6'4"

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

lol I would not touch her with my 10" pole
    Then again, I would have drank the piss so we'd both be a little ruined. :/

lol I would not touch her with my 10" pole
    Then again, I would have drank the piss so we'd both be a little ruined. :/
    Well who hasn't drank their own urine before when lost in the wilderness... Hell Bear Grylls treats it like it's a straight up health drink!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by fitnessman View Post
    Sooooo...Let me get this straight: You have Crappie in the freezer and are using ****ty tilapia in your cooking
    Yeah my Wife once said to me that she really likes seafood and fish... To which I replied "See that's good because I keep bringing home Crappie and Walleye fillets!"

She looks at me like and explains "Walleye isn't seafood like Tilapia!"

She's got this vision in her head that Tilapia are brought to market buy some guy in a yellow rain slicker who's been smoking his pipe and driving his schooner through the Nor-easters to catch her Tilapia... When really it's just farmed out of a tank, and they live on the bottom feeding poo of other aquaculture fish.

BUT... I'll live with it!
    6'4"

Yeah my Wife once said to me that she really likes seafood and fish... To which I replied "See that's good because I keep bringing home Crappie and Walleye fillets!"

She looks at me like and explains "Walleye isn't seafood like Tilapia!"

She's got this vision in her head that Tilapia are brought to market buy some guy in a yellow rain slicker who's been smoking his pipe and driving his schooner through the Nor-easters to catch her Tilapia... When really it's just farmed out of a tank, and they live on the bottom feeding poo of other aquaculture fish.

BUT... I'll live with it!
    LOL, show her the dirty jobs episode of them eating poo and she might enjoy the walleye more.

RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RMBros has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I can only claim brain freeze.

My folks always fried them in cornmeal, so I didn't have a bunch of recipes I could borrow from Mom - in fact, her favorite thing was making "fish gravy" out of the bits of fish and meal left over in the pan/fryer. Basically, super-salty cornmeal mush with fish bits sprinkled in it.

Most of my attempts to cook crappie any other way end up with it falling apart and, for some reason, I hate eating fish that way.

I'm going to try a few basic tilapia recipes and see if I can get the damn filets to stick together.
    No shoes, no shirt, and I still get service.

I can only claim brain freeze.

My folks always fried them in cornmeal, so I didn't have a bunch of recipes I could borrow from Mom - in fact, her favorite thing was making "fish gravy" out of the bits of fish and meal left over in the pan/fryer. Basically, super-salty cornmeal mush with fish bits sprinkled in it.

Most of my attempts to cook crappie any other way end up with it falling apart and, for some reason, I hate eating fish that way.

I'm going to try a few basic tilapia recipes and see if I can get the damn filets to stick together.
    Yeah thinner fillets do have a tendency to come apart more when you pan fry or grill them.

A couple of things to keep in mind... Bench rest the fish from thawed to near room temp in the bag in the water...

Get the pan ripping hot first and add oil... Putting fish in a cold pan will cause it to stick and then crumble. So put it in the hot pan...

Flip only once. Total cook time should be 10 mins per inch... So if you're talking a half inch tilapia fillet, you're looking at 5 mins total cook time, 2.5 mins per side. Internal temp in thickest part = 140

In the last minute splash with REAL lemon juice and a hit or FRESH GROUND black pepper.

If you use fake lemon juice and preground pepper, when you die you will go straight to hell where Hitler will shove a pineapple up your ass!
    6'4"

LOL, show her the dirty jobs episode of them eating poo and she might enjoy the walleye more.
    Yeah I've slowly been weaning her over to all wild caught fish instead of farm raised garbage.

Tonight in fact I'm smoking a wild caught Sockeye Salmon.

I had to go out and split the applewood myself! That is such a beautiful smelling wood to run an axe through!
    6'4"

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Doing this Friday after work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6TVh...ature=youtu.be

^^Dude from fishing I site here in Ohio.

Pan fried Smelt for the Super Bowl (maybe).
    Psalm 121

I met a douchebag at this past tradeshow I was at who was bad mouthing smelt fisherman in Ohio. Apparently he's lived in Port Clinton and MN. The funny thing was that I started talking to him about fishing and it was CLEAR he didn't know his elbow from his ass-hole... But he's still the head of one of the biggest fishing communities in the state!

Guy wasn't even aware that you can smelt in MN too!
    He thought they were only in Lake Erie
    6'4"

I met a douchebag at this past tradeshow I was at who was bad mouthing smelt fisherman in Ohio. Apparently he's lived in Port Clinton and MN. The funny thing was that I started talking to him about fishing and it was CLEAR he didn't know his elbow from his ass-hole... But he's still the head of one of the biggest fishing communities in the state!

Guy wasn't even aware that you can smelt in MN too!
    He thought they were only in Lake Erie
    lulz

I believe they were stocked in Lake MI in the 50's as feed for the Salmon. Since that stocking they made it to all the great lakes (and beyond).

Haven't done it for some years however, seems like a great cure to the cabin fever I have. Plus some golden pan fried goodness!
    Psalm 121

lulz

I believe they were stocked in Lake MI in the 50's as feed for the Salmon. Since that stocking they made it to all the great lakes (and beyond).

Haven't done it for some years however, seems like a great cure to the cabin fever I have. Plus some golden pan fried goodness!
    Actually I read an article about it in I think it was Field and Stream.

Originally they were stocked into a small inland trout lake in Michigan that had a forage base problem in like the 1920's.

A few years later there was a flood and the lake connected to a stream that ran into Lake Michigan... And then like 5 years later there were breeding populations found in every one of the great lakes.

You know it's kind of funny... The more I travel in my life, the larger the world becomes as all these new vistas, opportunities and experiences arise.

But still... The world just keeps making douchebags!
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Yeah... No sh*t... I mean you can't find more challenging things to do with your life than drink hot donkey semen for a little quick cash.
    My dignity is worth more then 50 grand.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000)

never seen smelt - I read the description and thought those tiny fish he was catching were the bait fish lol.
    W moich zylach plynie Polska krew.
    ███████████████████████████
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    My dignity is worth more then 50 grand.
    Yeah I always that in this life they can take just about anything from you... But things like Dignity and Integrity are things that only you can give away!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by pavchaos View Post
    never seen smelt - I read the description and thought those tiny fish he was catching were the bait fish lol.
    Pretty much a fresh water sardine
    6'4"

pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000) pavchaos is a name known to all. (+5000)
    on another note taxes are filed - kayak will be here sooner then I thought!! Maybe pull some stripers before the may pike fishing.
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

on another note taxes are filed - kayak will be here sooner then I thought!! Maybe pull some stripers before the may pike fishing.
    Yeah I remember back in my younger years when I didn't have to pay in and Tax season was like having a second Christmas!
    6'4"

Pretty much a fresh water sardine
    im sure we have em here - I see the multiple hook rigs you buy at the bait shop. Thinking about it I think the population of smelt was decreasing and last year smelt fishing was banned .. or that could be something else, not sure. Read it last year in the regulation book.
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    im sure we have em here - I see the multiple hook rigs you buy at the bait shop. Thinking about it I think the population of smelt was decreasing and last year smelt fishing was banned .. or that could be something else, not sure. Read it last year in the regulation book.
    No hooks for smelt. You net those suckers.

When the smelt used to run in Duluth, the rivers would turn silver. My dad used to go up there with some buddies and a truck load of beer and come back with multiple 5 gal buckets of smelt. It was a big party back then with 100s of people getting drunk, wading in the river and just scooping them up.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    No hooks for smelt. You net those suckers.

When the smelt used to run in Duluth, the rivers would turn silver. My dad used to go up there with some buddies and a truck load of beer and come back with multiple 5 gal buckets of smelt. It was a big party back then with 100s of people getting drunk, wading in the river and just scooping them up.

Yeah my Dad and his buddies used to go smelting in between Two Harbors and Silver Bay. Those are some of his glory tales from back in the day.
    6'4"

ok then I dont know what fish im thinking about... o well off to class and the gym / ill report back later when I have nothing to do.
    ★★ Misc Cologne Crew ★★

-Pamiętaj kim jesteś

ok then I dont know what fish im thinking about... o well off to class and the gym / ill report back later when I have nothing to do.
    There are all kinds of reasons for multi-hook lines... They are just illegal in MN, so it's hardly a specialty for Lhp and I.
    6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Screw fishing for them, I have a 12 ft double weighted cast net. I say I come up, we go in and we'll be done in 20 minutes. 6 weeks till the squid start running in the Indian River Inlet. They've rebounded from near extinction since the commercial ban was put on them within state's waters.

Closed Thread
Page 183 of 326 FirstFirst ... 83 133 173 181 182 183 184 185 193 233 283 ... LastLast