Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100) PoisonClanToad is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have a weird take on it. I'm often completely without ego... So I like to train my mind and my body just for the sake of doing it. I like seeing the development, but not in any sense of vanity. And, I love the challenge. I don't care if I have a high paying job, a wife or to some extent even a roof over my head. As long as I keep my body and mind sharp then I feel I'm fulfilling my purpose. I'm not sure where this road will lead short or long term. For now I'm just enjoying the journey and seeing how it changes me day to day.

steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelbath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Chovanec View Post
    "No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

I just thought that went well with this topic. A few months ago i tried explaining my addiction to lifting and working out and why i love to do it. This is what i wrote down, but truly it goes a lot deeper. You may not understand it, but it makes sense to me...

"I guess its because my mind is blank when im lifting, at least in a sense. you are so focused in on the lift and the weight that you forget everything. you have no problems, no worries. Its your body and your mind focusing on one thing, pushing and pulling its hardest to achieve one more rep, to get through that burn, to do something that it truthfully doesn't want to do. Its making a leap and taking a chance; dancing on the edge of failure and trying your hardest to come out on top. There are always those times when you wish you could just erase everything and this is what happens when i lift. Its the strongest medicine for my mind and body. At that point i don't care what you think of me, if im crazy, cute, strong, stupid... i am focused and in my element. I am free at this moment and have no problems like you do."
    true words
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PoisonClanToad View Post
    I have a weird take on it. I'm often completely without ego... So I like to train my mind and my body just for the sake of doing it. I like seeing the development, but not in any sense of vanity. And, I love the challenge. I don't care if I have a high paying job, a wife or to some extent even a roof over my head. As long as I keep my body and mind sharp then I feel I'm fulfilling my purpose. I'm not sure where this road will lead short or long term. For now I'm just enjoying the journey and seeing how it changes me day to day.
    I'm the same way half the time.
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    - Edward B. Butler
    "The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else."
    - Anonymous

My journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141793681&pagenumber=

CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CWPierce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mirinme View Post
    i started working out about 1.5 years ago, I cant believe I didnt start earlier, I allways wanted to get big as im a naturally skinny guy. I train 6 days a week pretty much every week, would train 7 if I could but have to have a rest day haha. I love the feeling of pushing myself to my limit and then repeating it again next time but pushing harder.
    I look back for motivation every once in a while to the pictures of when I decided to start training properly, cant believe I thought i looked good then, and I look back at my old workout programs from when I first started, haha cant believe I used to struggle with that amount of weight on exersises, I think I have made some really good improvements this year, cant wait for next year!!! so much I have learnt this year
    I like to keep pictures of myself before I started. They keep me motivated towards my goals and remind me how far I've come. Keep it up man!
    "One man has enthusiasm for 30 minutes, another for 30 days, but it is the man who has it for 30 years who makes a success of his life."
    - Edward B. Butler
    "The man who cannot believe in himself cannot believe in anything else."
    - Anonymous

My journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141793681&pagenumber=