Thread: "Comeback" Log

DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50)

"Comeback" Log

Hey All,

After a rough couple of years I've finally decided to get back on the horse. After an injury and beginning grad school, I lost motivation to train (started by the injury, sustained by school) and let myself go. I'm currently trying to tie up two degrees, so I'm busy, but not too busy to train.

Been back in the gym consistently and have decided to start sumo deadlifting to get around the SI joint injury. As much as I hate not being able to pull conventional, I'm at least happy to be able to do the whole Big Three again. This has kept training fun.

As of the end of last year I was sitting at 289 lbs at 6'4". I'm down to 260 currently and feel a lot better, but still look awful. My goal is to get as lean as it takes to feel good. Not necessarily a 6 pack, but good.

I care about strength and would like to get my gym lifts up to 405/315/455 or so ASAP. My posterior chain is weak from not deadlifting for so long, but I'm working on it.

DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrJanItor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'll go ahead and post yesterday's training (winging it, got a template put together to post later).

ME Bench:
    Floor Press: 245x1, 275x1, 225x3x2
    Standing Military: 135x3, 155x3
    Close (10"-12") Grip Bench: 225x3x6
    Cable Pressdowns: Stack x 8
    Tate Press: 40x8
    Pullovers/Abs/Laterals

Plan:

Sundays: Cardio
    Monday: Bench
    Tuesday: Deadlift/Squat
    Wednesday: Cardio
    Thursday: Squat
    Friday: Bench
    Saturday: Conditioning

Diet is 2xxx cals for now.

Weighed in at 260.2 this morning. Started working on sandbag stuff to make conditioning interesting.

Waiting for the weather to calm down before I do cardio. Gym's closed on weekends.

Got food poisoning and didn't update for a while. Back to normal now.

258.2 this morning (didnt have to crap for some reason) so maybe weighing in a little under that.

Been doing conditioning with a tire sled