DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarthSirov will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Want to start working out seriously

So basically guys, I am a 5'7 or 5'8 110 lbs skinny as hell guy. I want to gain more weight and muscle. So yeah, I'm trying to eat more food and I also bought a protein shake, along with going to the gym for the last month.

Basically at the gym, what I would do is that I would be all over the place and basically try to get in every body part worked out. Apparently this isn't good and I should only do a certain amount of body parts for one day(?) So there's arms, legs, chest, back, shoulders, and abs (If I'm missing anything plz tell me lol)

So what I want to know is, how many of these should I work out in a day? Also, how many exercises should I do for each? And finally, I go on that machine where you use your arms and legs called the ecliptic (don't really know) but basically I go on it to get the blood going through my arms and legs 5 mins before and after my workouts. Is this considered a good warm up and cool down?

Also I'm new to this forum so if I did something wrong or broke any forums rules I apologize now.

And thanks in advance guys.

Tank.. Tank.. TAAAANK. WannaBeATank's Avatar
    WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WannaBeATank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You want to do SS(Starting strength), is has a sticky at the top of this section. Also, you really do not need to warm up with that machine; however, if you do use it, do it after your workout. Besides this, just eat everything you can.
    Look me in the eye. It's okay if you are scared, so am I, but we are scared for different reasons. I am scared of what I willn't become, you are scared of what I could become. Look at me! I will not let myself end where I started, I will not let myself finish where I begin. I know what is within me, even if you can't see it yet. Look me in the eyes, I have something more important than courage, I have patience. I will become what I know I am.

srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100) srsgaiz is not very well liked. (-100)
    sounds to me like you need a routine.

i think SS (starting strength, its a routine. look it up.) would be good for you. basically its for building up a fair bit of strength and muscle for a newb to get them ready for some serious stuff down the road.

workouts should go for about an hour to an hour and a half.
    about a minute or so between sets, more if you need it.
    do some bulking and cutting. bulking means to eat more calories than you need, making you gain fat, using that fat to create muscle. after a bulk you cut, eating less calories than needed for maintenance, reducing fat leaving that muscle.
    h ttp://muscleandstrength.com/tools/bmr-and-daily-calorie-calculator.html
    thats to calculate how many calories you need. eat about 500 more on a bulk, 500 less on a cut.

h ttp://fitday.com/webfit/nutrition/BrwsFoods.html
    use that to find how many calories things have. (had to put a space in the h ttp:// part to let me post it.

remember to stretch before and after a work out. you'll need to do this to be flexible enough to actually do the exercise correctly. it also helps prevent injury.

how many days a week do you go to gym a week?

i apologize for my poorly set out post, im tired as phuck and finding it hard to...type.
    should be a few more guys to read this soon, they'll help.

those 5 mins you spend on the elliptical machine probably arnt doing much. as a warm up though, i guess that's alright but unnecessary, if you still want to do it, do it at the end of your session, just make sure you stretch. warm up on exercises too. dont just hop on the bench press and load it up to the weight you want, start with the bar then do some reps and then move up a bit of weight, do some reps and build up to the weight your going to do your sets on.

the amount of reps you do affect what happens to your body.

1-5 reps is to gain strength more than anything else.
    5-12 reps is more to gain muscle mass than anything.
    anything above 12 reps is considered cardio.

i really am tired as **** and im also a nubcaek. dont take any of this as fact until you hear other people say if its correct or not. FUUUUUU im going to go sleep now.