Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Are you afraid to ask questions here?

I have read in a few posts lately how some folks are afraid to ask questions beacuse of the comments of a few others. I think that this is an awesome place with tons of great information and what makes it great is that we have over 800,000 members all with their own experiences that they are willing to share.
    What is disappointing is that some folks are just plain rude and make comments like " do a search....I'm so sick of people asking the same stupid questions, etc.....!
    I'm sure that there is probably not 1 single topic pertaining to this site that has not been discussed so does that mean that there is no need for anymore threads to be started? Just come here and start doing searches?
    The post like " here's a link for more info...do a search cause there is a lot of good discussions on that..." are fine and helpful and not rude. We have new folks joining everyday with knowledge to share so lets not scare them away from here.
    If you see a thread that is common here and you have no interest in it then pass it by and don't feel the need to make a negative comment.
    "The future belongs to those who believe in their dreams."

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Theres alot of threads like this , you should learn to use the search function ....

JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000) JolietKev is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by longbowjim View Post
    I have read in a few posts lately how some folks are afraid to ask questions beacuse of the comments of a few others. I think that this is an awesome place with tons of great information and what makes it great is that we have over 800,000 members all with their own experiences that they are willing to share.
    What is disappointing is that some folks are just plain rude and make comments like " do a search....I'm so sick of people asking the same stupid questions, etc.....!
    I'm sure that there is probably not 1 single topic pertaining to this site that has not been discussed so does that mean that there is no need for anymore threads to be started? Just come here and start doing searches?
    The post like " here's a link for more info...do a search cause there is a lot of good discussions on that..." are fine and helpful and not rude. We have new folks joining everyday with knowledge to share so lets not scare them away from here.
    If you see a thread that is common here and you have no interest in it then pass it by and don't feel the need to make a negative comment.
    Could not agree with you more. Good post and thread.
    "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them falls to the ground outside of the Lord's will. So do not be afraid, or worry, for you are worth much more than many sparrows."

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and the rest shall be given to you as well."

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I Just come here and start doing searches?
    That's what I did. But all that did was help me ask a better question. I still use the search function quite a bit. Only difference now is, I look for specific members answers.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000) David Wiggins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know about being afraid, but I am particular about what or how I ask and post.

In general, I am not a fan of nonverbal / face to face interaction. It usually lacks feeling and it's harder to understand the real message from the other person, and occasionally you run into the poster that grows "King Kong balls" on the key board. Example: some posters humor or dry wit doesn't always come across as that. Others let the "inner jerk" out for lack of fear of any real contact or accountability of their words.

I think some need to review their comments over time in different threads and see that they can be conceived as being a jerk. 'Course these will be the same ones who have something harsh to say in this thread.

As already posted, I too ignore some posters opinion and value others highly.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by David Wiggins View Post
    I don't know about being afraid, but I am particular about what or how I ask and post.

In general, I am not a fan of nonverbal / face to face interaction. It usually lacks feeling and it's harder to understand the real message from the other person, and occasionally you run into the poster that grows "King Kong balls" on the key board. Example: some posters humor or dry wit doesn't always come across as that. Others let the "inner jerk" out for lack of fear of any real contact or accountability of their words.

I think some need to review their comments over time in different threads and see that they can be conceived as being a jerk. 'Course these will be the same ones who have something harsh to say in this thread.

As already posted, I too ignore some posters opinion and value others highly.
    ^^^^^^ I agree with Dave. I takes a little time find out who the jerks are. When you do
    they are easy to ignore. There are also experienced, sincere and truthful folks here willing to help and likewise, it won't take long to figure out who they are.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree, it can be tough to get your point across in just a few sentences, especially with the way I spell.

I dont mind asking questions here becaause the input can be helpful. I like to make smart ass comments as much as the nexy guy bit i will also try to be helpful where i can.

I like the fact that I can get advice from huge guys that clearly know what they are doing.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol. And when someone DOES do a search and tries to pose their own question from an old thread, there will always be at least one sarcastic "strong thread bump" post. Complete with the rolling eyes emoticon.

Being a new member is hard around here sometimes.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    Lol. And when someone DOES do a search and tries to pose their own question from an old thread, there will always be at least one sarcastic "strong thread bump" post. Complete with the rolling eyes emoticon.

Being a new member is hard around here sometimes.

My guess is that if someone doesn't have at least have "some" idea (a search would help) of what they trying to achieve (and "some" idea of what they need to do), they aren't going to make it anyway. My favorite ones are the guys who wake up one day and decide they want to add muscle and get ripped. Like you just "decide" one day to do that.

The basic nutrition info you learned in Jr. High School is all you need to have under your belt to know how to diet (to get started anyway). If you do nothing but combine that with some basic movements you learned in elementary school, you are on your way.

A guy who comes here in his 40s, and says he has "no idea" where to begin, strikes me as lazy. Sorry if that bothers some guys, but that is how I see it.

I have offered some help (with my limited knowledge) to guys who have said they have "no idea," yet they come back with, "That wont work...."
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

**S U P E R B E A S T** Meatpants's Avatar
    Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Meatpants has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would say it has a lot to do with the person who comes here with the attitude of, please do the hared work for me. I don't see the gym as the hard part. Learning proper nutrition, muscle function and routines, and how things tie together is the hardest part. People come and go so quickly around here, its frustrating to hear the same thing over and over. I try to be helpful, but I prefer to give someone a location to the answer they are looking for. If the do the work to read, and still have questions, I am happy to help. But this attitude of spoon feeding newbies because of their fragile ego....meh. Encourage people to try to do for themselves. With that being said, the search function on here is garbage, so questions are gonna get rehashed.

Some people are jerks. On a site with this many people there is no way around it.
    To whom much is given, much is expected.

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is disappointing is that some folks are just plain rude and make comments like " do a search....
    If a topic has been discussed in detail multiple times how can it be considered rude to suggest that they do some basic research?

Or maybe they could say "I've looked into this but there's something that I still don't understand."

It's really not that difficult.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50) DJBrickman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was in the Exercise forum one day and saw 4 threads on Inner, Outter, Upper, Lower chest threads all back to back. This and other "Stupid" questions so many times in a single day is what causes a lot of the problem. THe search function is handy but no one uses it. That is what is frustrating. Same with the sticky posts. No one reads them. I lurked here for several months just reading before I joined and started asking questions and offering advice on my limited knowlege. A lot of these people come here wanting ripped abs by summer and get decent advice, but will ignore the advice they get because they dont like hearing the truth. THey will never be a contributing member here once they hear information that they dont like. I can understand some members being a bit more cinical and frustrated with some of the posts that show up. It is a forum though. THe people that get offended whan someone says "Do a search" or Read the Stickies" needs to grow up and deal with it.

Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JasonDB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tend to get miffed at the younger guys who ask a question, who clearly have not done much research regarding a question that is both understood in scientific research as well as "bro science" then when you answer they attempt to argue with you. I find more adult posters will go and read about a subject if given an indication that there are a lot of articles, books and peer reviews on the subject in question rather than argue with you about it.

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    we'd have damn little to talk about if all we relied on are the searches. i use the search to help me articulate my thoughts, if that makes any sense.

i don't ask for workout routine suggestions anymore. everyone has their own ideas, and everybody is right, and everybody is wrong. too confusing for me to decipher. so i learn mostly through trial and error, figuring it's all good, and just part of the journey. if i need help, i have a few fellas i can rely on in a pm or email, and we chat it out.

agree that you'll eventually learn who is credible and who is not.

drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Considering I answer questions from 12-13 year olds all day long I might be able to shed some "Junior High" light onto the subject. The way I see it, when someone asks a question they're are simply looking for an answer. (You may just have told them the answer, but they're looking for one anyway)

Pick 1 of 2 Options

1. [Empower Yourself] Reply to the question with an answer.
    2. [Empower the Asker] Lead them to the right way of finding the answer to their own question.

3. [What Not to Do] Belittle, chastise, or embarrass anyone about asking a question. (Even if you just told them the answer)

Patience... Pass it On!

Drew
    "Anyone seen my coffee?"

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When I first started I read all the time and didn't post anything. I still do a ton of research and search the forums when I'm confused or need more detail. I rarely post a question because it usually has been asked before but sometimes the search function can give overwhelming results. Maybe some think it will be easier to ask and get an immediate response rather than wade through what the search has spit out for them. Lazy or not, that's the truth. I enjoy doing the research, crunching the numbers, seeing what others have already discovered..I will say the forums can be harsh though. There are so many people on this site that give great advice then there are those who enjoy being *******s. It's just like everyday life, you have to have a thick skin sometimes. If I were to give any advice to a new member on here it would be to read as much as possible and become informed about what you are trying to accomplish before posting. Read the forums and get a feel for the attitude of others.

longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10) longbowjim is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    If a topic has been discussed in detail multiple times how can it be considered rude to suggest that they do some basic research?

Or maybe they could say "I've looked into this but there's something that I still don't understand."

It's really not that difficult.
    There is nothing wrong with suggesting to someone to do some basic research. This is what I said, "What is disappointing is that some folks are just plain rude and make comments like " do a search....I'm so sick of people asking the same stupid questions, etc.....!
    It is where they throw in the part on how "sick they are of this stupid question" that takes it from a good suggestion to a rude unnecesary one.

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    longbowjim:

I've been posting in here for a little while longer than you.
    You sure haven't seen anything yet......

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50) drewkawa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is nothing wrong with suggesting to someone to do some basic research. This is what I said, "What is disappointing is that some folks are just plain rude and make comments like " do a search....I'm so sick of people asking the same stupid questions, etc.....!
    It is where they throw in the part on how "sick they are of this stupid question" that takes it from a good suggestion to a rude unnecesary one.
    I completely understand your frustration. Jim, if you ever need a question answered I'll do whatever I can to help, or point you in the right direction.

Aloha,

Drew
    "Anyone seen my coffee?"

Originally Posted by ntrllftr View Post
    longbowjim:

I've been posting in here for a little while longer than you.
    You sure haven't seen anything yet......

Good one! 8^)

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're going to get all bent out of shape over a post, why even bother being here? As long as a person is sincere and not trolling their posts don't bother me, even if it was something like asking what a barbell is? Personally, I find the search function very awkward and it can take much more time to read through a ton of stuff to get what your looking for than just opening a new dialogue about it.

I remember a few weeks ago I started a poll about why you lift. Someone pulled up a similar poll from several years ago as if to say how dare you. It was rediculous inmho.

Originally Posted by drewkawa View Post
    I completely understand your frustration. Jim, if you ever need a question answered I'll do whatever I can to help, or point you in the right direction.

Aloha,

Drew
    Thank you sir! My goal from starting this thread is for the new folks here to see that no question is a stupid one and that they shouldn't be hesitant to post something here.

Originally Posted by NYkarate View Post
    If you're going to get all bent out of shape over a post, why even bother being here? As long as a person is sincere and not trolling their posts don't bother me, even if it was something like asking what a barbell is? Personally, I find the search function very awkward and it can take much more time to read through a ton of stuff to get what your looking for than just opening a new dialogue about it.

I remember a few weeks ago I started a poll about why you lift. Someone pulled up a similar poll from several years ago as if to say how dare you. It was rediculous inmho.
    Exactly my point!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    My goal from starting this thread is for the new folks here to see that no question is a stupid one and that they shouldn't be hesitant to post something here.
    Great thread!

I, and probably several of the other long-time posters here will be looking forward to your many helpful replies to the hundreds/thousands of noob questions in this and the dozens of other forums on this site.

Rather than criticize the efforts of other posters, there's no better way to improve the quality and content of this site than to take an active part in providing solid training and nutrition information.

BTW, not sure where you got the "800,000 members" figure, here are the current forum stats:
    Threads: 3,591,951, Posts: 64,394,314, Members: 3,128,620
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    You can't control what people say. You can, however, control how you react to what people say. If a person is so sensitive that they can't handle a little criticism or teasing, they probably should be afraid to post here. If they approach a subject with with a chip on their shoulder, or an axe to grind, or are only looking for a few yes men and women to agree with their viewpoint, then they can expect to be shot down in flames.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no problems with people asking questions without research ('cept for the shoulders threads)..Its the people that ask a question then ignore the answers and good advice that is found here. They should be flamed....often.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000) billrich210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You do grow a thick skin if you hang around long enough
    Strength and wisdom are not opposing values.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    what is silly is when people ask crazy stuff that they clearly did no look in to at all on their own.

I can understand not using the search here for a lot of reasons but maybe more people should try google first or dare i say read a book.

and i am not saying there is any bad questions just that you should know enough to even ask the question right or be able to explain what help you really need.

and as another thread pointed out there are some really crazy questions that should not be asked - but really not all that many when you think about haw much stuff goes thru here everyday

and yes i get pissed when i see silly questions with real answers that piss off the op - as in that is not the answer they wanted

Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Getsum has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I try my best to remember a couple things before I post a reply:

1. There's a wide range of goals here (Bodybuilding, Strongman, Power Lifting, Bulking, Cutting, Sport Specific llike MMA, Football or Boxing, Fitness, Figure).

2. Different things work better for different people (the best program is the one you stick with). Many of the answers are coming directly from the persons background and goals, but who would expect otherwise?

3. Vast ranges of experience (IFBB Pros, to people getting there ideas from watching the Biggest Loser). There's so many new members posting basic questions, with just a few replies, that it creates a cluttered forum and I believe takes away from its overall value.

4. Different strokes for different folks. I'm always interested in learning or reading what different people are doing (from cross fit to running), some of it I might try, most of it I wont.

Bottom line, this website contains a ton of articles that most questions asked in these forums, can be answered by searching the site and not even coming to the forum. Hell, type a workout related question into Google and a lot of times it will lead the person back here to BB.com.

Peace and have a great day!
    Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=388841&page=90

xccellence.com, theironden.com

Where do we go now....... erikjh's Avatar
    erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000) erikjh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NYkarate View Post

not to mention if you dont pay attention. you end up ressurecting a 4-5 yeard old thread. which i did, then got negged for it.....opps.