zackboll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Speeding up injury recovery

Hello,
    I am a highschool student who recently finished football. I injured my right arm somewhere up near the Tricep. The symptoms are pain and a popping in my upper arm when a considerable amount of force is applied to them. The doctor recomended me to a physical Therapist for strengthning exercises in my injured muscle. He said the recovery would take at least 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't be able to work out with my upper body very much. Does any one know stuff that I could take to increase my recovery time? I am already on a regular schedule of Aleeve.
    thanks

Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Levrone2000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    takes lots of protein and make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals and try some Glusomine i heard thats really good at healing joints and more fairly well at easing muscle pain and aiding recovery other than that...rehab like a mofo

The Muscle Daredevil Apacalypto's Avatar
    Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10) Apacalypto is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hopefully your tricep is better after 10 years. haha.

For anyone else looking into this thread, using the acronym "RICE" is one of the best ways to speed up muscle recovery. It entails Resting, Icing, Compressing, & Elevating the injured muscle.

This treatment is mainly the most recommended method by doctors and physical therapists because of the big benefits and low risk of RICE.
    http://www.RapidMuscleRecovery.com - You want me to do what?!

theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) theHAMMER3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Speed up injury with high doses of fish oil, DO NOT diet(as far as being in a negative caloric balance). When you are injured your BMR increases therefore you need more calories to support the injury.
    Originally Posted by zackboll View Post
    Hello,
    I am a highschool student who recently finished football. I injured my right arm somewhere up near the Tricep. The symptoms are pain and a popping in my upper arm when a considerable amount of force is applied to them. The doctor recomended me to a physical Therapist for strengthning exercises in my injured muscle. He said the recovery would take at least 6-8 weeks and I wouldn't be able to work out with my upper body very much. Does any one know stuff that I could take to increase my recovery time? I am already on a regular schedule of Aleeve.
    thanks
    "WE WERE BORN TO SUCCEED, NOT TO FAIL!"

"2010 Personal Trainer of the Year" -World Physique Magazine

Amer the Hammer Kamra-Transformation Coach
    "#1 Online Transformation Program"
    "Customized Online Training Based On Your Goals, Lifestyle and Physique."

Join teamHAMMER Today!

http://hammerfitness.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AMERfitness
    https://www.********.com/AMERTHEHAMMER
    https://twitter.com/amerthehammer
    http://absanity.com/

rboyer2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, don't give up on going to the gym with an injury. After injuring a shoulder, you'll have to be creative with arm and upper body exercises to do that don't inflame the injury. If you skip the gym and allow not only the injured muscle to atrophy, but all of the other surrounding and supporting muscles to atrophy as well, it makes recovery longer and harder.
    -Bobby B
    "Champ or Chump?"

jacobbowerman3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I had knee arthroscopy roughly 3-4 months ago to remove a bit of bone that had been floating around the knee for a while. I've gotten back into sport (basketball) and my knee pains vary from day to day. It's not necessarily pain, but just awkwardness and strange cracking noises when I bend and then straighten my knee. I do squats at the gym and when I bend down and then straighten my legs to come back up, my knee cracks and feels strange and not right, no pain, just awkwardness and doesn't feel comfortable. My GP told me to strengthen my quads, glutes and hamstrings, so that is why I'm trying to do squats etc at they gym, but I find it very hard to strengthen the muscles as I cannot bend and straighten my knee 100%. Was just wondering if people could give their opinions and what you think could possibly be happening, and if it's serious.
    Thanks