ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)

TKD diet, HST training, Refeed question

Hi group

I have quite a serious workout program. Based on HST, I train 3x per week AM and PM. This is in short my schedule:

AM

Military Press 1 set
    Lateral Raise 1 set
    Reverse Flyes 1 set
    Hammer Curls 1 set
    Pull Overs 2 sets
    Barbell Curls 1 set
    One Arm Row 2 sets
    Barbell Traps 1 set
    Crunch 2 sets
    Leg Lift 1 set
    Plank 1 set
    Side Plank 1 set
    Superman 1 set
    Squeezes 1 set

PM

Squats 1 set
    Leg Curls 2 sets
    Calves 2 sets
    Bench 2 sets
    Dips 1 set
    Lateral Raise 1 set
    Military Press 1 set
    Barbell Curl 1 set
    Skull Crush 1 set

In addition to all this, after each set of anything, I do a set of pull ups. I increase the reps for the pull ups by 1 per set every workout. (this morning, I did 10x7reps, for example) for a total of 20 sets of X pull ups. (needless to say I am very seriously working on my lats)

I am on my last day of the 15 rep period of two weeks, so this is my 6th day of working out and I will switch to 10 reps this monday, doing the same exersizes, same split but keeping the volume the same (compensating by doing partial sets extra), but will consume probably 250Calories more per day to "compensate".

My question is this:

Would I benefit from doing a 24 hour carb refeed (CKD style) over the weekend, to reload my muscles? I do notice being quite sore after these 2 weeks and was wondering if this would help me recover a bit better, in addition to 3 ten-hour nights of sleep and a few naps here and there

One can better be informed.

Ah..... by the way: other than muscle soreness, I feel exceptionally great. No signs of overtraining at all.
    I have been lifting on and off for a few years.... and been "on" since August 2009.
    Last edited by ProTec; 12-10-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: more info

Made by: Corn Fed Beef bscherer's Avatar
    bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bscherer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you doing that exact same AM/PM workout every MWF? I've never seen a workout that just has 1 set of everything either.

The carb-up helps when doing some intense stuff but to be honest I would need to see more about your workout to determine how intense it is. Are you just doing a burnout on each lift and moving to the next?
    --There are no traffic jams on the extra mile.--
    --Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.--

ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProTec will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bscherer View Post
    Are you doing that exact same AM/PM workout every MWF? I've never seen a workout that just has 1 set of everything either.

The carb-up helps when doing some intense stuff but to be honest I would need to see more about your workout to determine how intense it is. Are you just doing a burnout on each lift and moving to the next?
    The exact workout indeed. Check: http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/hst_index.html

I am actually doing a bit more, considering I have an AM/PM split and am adding a ****load of pull ups.

M

Thumbs up

The cycle has finished. It was great and I am almost sad I am switching to cutting again.

I booked great results with everything. All my weights are up (for example my 1RM went from 270 to 292 and I finally have double plates as part of my warming up...which for me has been a huge goal)

I seem to have added size and weight. Time to shed a bit of fat. Next 5 weeks I am going to be in cutting mode on a CKD while doing the following, modified training schedule...

Flat Bench
    Dips
    Incline DB Press
    Dumbbell Flyes
    Military Press
    Reverse Flyes
    Deadlifts with shrug (only mondays)
    Barbell Curls (only wednesdays)
    Dumbbell Curls (only fridays)
    Pull Ups
    Squats
    SLDL
    Crunch

Mondays, 2 sets of 5, heavy, no failure. (focus on CNS)
    Tuesday, 2 sets of 10, heavy, failure. (Focus on keeping size)
    Friday, 1 set of 15, failure, then start over till I drop. (Focus on tendons and depletion)

Drop calories from 3500 to 2500 in the first week, but compensating for the morning run. The running is at low pace. More a jog.. for 45 minutes, every day.

Right now, I wonder why I am not putting this in a blog instead...

Anyway, for the sceptics. HST did work for me. Immediately after this 5 week of shedding, I am right back on it for another 7 week cycle (I prolonged the 10 rep period with 1 week)

M

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ProTec View Post
    The cycle has finished. It was great and I am almost sad I am switching to cutting again.

I booked great results with everything. All my weights are up (for example my 1RM went from 270 to 292 and I finally have double plates as part of my warming up...which for me has been a huge goal)

I seem to have added size and weight. Time to shed a bit of fat. Next 5 weeks I am going to be in cutting mode on a CKD while doing the following, modified training schedule...

Flat Bench
    Dips
    Incline DB Press
    Dumbbell Flyes
    Military Press
    Reverse Flyes
    Deadlifts with shrug (only mondays)
    Barbell Curls (only wednesdays)
    Dumbbell Curls (only fridays)
    Pull Ups
    Squats
    SLDL
    Crunch

Mondays, 2 sets of 5, heavy, no failure. (focus on CNS)
    Tuesday, 2 sets of 10, heavy, failure. (Focus on keeping size)
    Friday, 1 set of 15, failure, then start over till I drop. (Focus on tendons and depletion)

Drop calories from 3500 to 2500 in the first week, but compensating for the morning run. The running is at low pace. More a jog.. for 45 minutes, every day.

Right now, I wonder why I am not putting this in a blog instead...

Anyway, for the sceptics. HST did work for me. Immediately after this 5 week of shedding, I am right back on it for another 7 week cycle (I prolonged the 10 rep period with 1 week)

M
    Congrats on the gains