zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Please advise, motivate

sorry for the long post, please help me make progress.

Im a daily lurker on here and have been for the last few months. I have learned sooo much and have changed just about everything I do based on information from people on this site. I am very great full that BB.com exists and there are other people out there for me to relate to.

diet- Im currently using what is my best understanding of the "leangains" approach, 16/8 fasting/feeding. I try to keep protein around 170+ each day, carbs between 150-300 and fats between 40-100, higher carbs on lifting days and higher fats on rest/cardio days.
    I shoot for about 2100 cals which has been my average for the last couple weeks, although I have had a couple screw ups, 3300 cals one or two days and 1800 or less on other days, all of which are factored into my average calories.

workout- Ive been lifting three days a week.
    friday-
    - Dead lifts (reverse pyramid- warm up sets, one heavy 5-8 rep set to failure, then reduce weight 10% for three sets, similar reps)
    - weighted chin ups, although Im only just about to add weight. (also reverse pyramid)
    - bent rows (reverse pyramid)
    sunday-
    - Flat bench DB press (reverse pyramid)
    - Weighted dips (reverse pyramid)
    - incline bar bell, three sets of 8-10 since I don't usually have a spotter
    Tues or wednesday-
    - Squats (reverse pyramid)
    - Abs (various moves, planks, Russian twists, ball sit ups) changes weekly
    - Leg press, three sets of what ever I can do 8-10 times

All of my lifts have been improving since I combined IF with this weights plan so i'm pleased but please comment if you like.

If you have read this far Im assuming you care and will help me continue on. The reason this is in the motivation section is because I am having my first major crisis with this fitness thing. last July I was a 225 dough boy. I had never lifted consistently and although I was lean during junior high I had spent all of high school and the first two years of college being fat. I finally got a gym membership started running and lifting like a mad man. I guess that was my honeymoon phase because by Christmas I was 185 and was much stronger (relative to body weight) than I was in July. One picture is from last January and one is form a week ago or so.

Thing is, ever since then Ive been going up and down between 185 and 195 with nothing to show for it really. I dont feel any leaner or look much different than I did at Christmas and Im tired of fighting just to stay where Im at when Im not even happy with it. Im getting steadily stronger but I dont see any results in the mirror or on the scale. I seem to change my mind daily on weather I need more muscle or less fat. I know I need less fat but I dont know if Im gonna end up skinny fat or ripped if I lose weight. I dont know anymore if I need a little pat on the back or a completely new plan so please help!
    Attached Images

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Obviously you've made significant progress.

But you're no longer a 225 pound dough boy...you're now a reasonably lean 185 pound non-dough boy. So the diet and exercise routine that the 225 pound dough boy came up with to cause him to lose 40 pounds, is probably not going to be all that effective for you any more.

Only you can really work out the specifics of what you want to try or what may work for you. But it may be a good idea to take a couple steps back, take a little break maybe, and reevaluate your situation, body condition and obvious new goals. It's time to forget about the dough boy, because he doesn't exist anymore, and look at this through the eyes/mind of a 185 pound lean guy. If you stepped up to the plate today as you are right now, 185 pounds, lean, in shape, better health...what are you wanting to accomplish now?
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agreed. You probably need to revamp and redo your diet numbers and workout to compensate for the fact that they were designed for a much bigger person. You look pretty preportional as is, if you decided to Cut now, you would probably look pretty good. My suggestion would be that you Bulk for a few winter months and then start a Cut as you get closer to summer. With your dedication and perseverance in actually following out your plans, I think you could definitely make some great gains by then and you will look great by the time when you can take your shirt off and show off.

Awesome progress by the way OP.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10) zmustang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Rick1824 View Post
    Obviously you've made significant progress.

But you're no longer a 225 pound dough boy...you're now a reasonably lean 185 pound non-dough boy. So the diet and exercise routine that the 225 pound dough boy came up with to cause him to lose 40 pounds, is probably not going to be all that effective for you any more.

Only you can really work out the specifics of what you want to try or what may work for you. But it may be a good idea to take a couple steps back, take a little break maybe, and reevaluate your situation, body condition and obvious new goals. It's time to forget about the dough boy, because he doesn't exist anymore, and look at this through the eyes/mind of a 185 pound lean guy. If you stepped up to the plate today as you are right now, 185 pounds, lean, in shape, better health...what are you wanting to accomplish now?
    That sounds like great advice. I wish I knew what I wanted specifically. When Im walking around and hanging out with friends I feel like I just want to be a lean, fit guy with a good set of abs for the beach and all that. Im not expecting 5% bf or anything crazy right now, maybe 10% at my current weight would a good goal for now.

On the other hand, when Im at the gym, I see guys with leaner abs and bigger arms and I get that "pump" and I think, f*** it, I just want to lift and eat like an animal and become a monster. Im just so confused about how to go about it. It kills me that 40 pounds flew off me in 6 months and everyone was saying "wow you look so good," and now im stuck at mediocre.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zmustang View Post
    That sounds like great advice. I wish I knew what I wanted specifically. When Im walking around and hanging out with friends I feel like I just want to be a lean, fit guy with a good set of abs for the beach and all that. Im not expecting 5% bf or anything crazy right now, maybe 10% at my current weight would a good goal for now.

On the other hand, when Im at the gym, I see guys with leaner abs and bigger arms and I get that "pump" and I think, f*** it, I just want to lift and eat like an animal and become a monster. Im just so confused about how to go about it. It kills me that 40 pounds flew off me in 6 months and everyone was saying "wow you look so good," and now im stuck at mediocre.
    Then shoot for the first one...lean, fit guy, good set of abs for the beach. Once you've accomplished that, if you want more...then go for it...take it one step at a time.
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

Thank you, I think I should keep cutting and ill get there eventually I suppose. I just cant stress enough how fed up I am with Guessing.. I never really know if im doing the right thing. I want to listen to all the research and "keep it simple stupid" advice I read, but im never confident enough in my diet and work outs to just give it time.

I can remember having days when I thought, "damn im looking good" when surely I was at a higher bf than I am now so whats wrong with me. Im constantly disappointed by my condition.

anyone got any comments for the diet or workout plan?

ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Based on your profile numbers, I put your BMR around 2500 so you could probably afford to knock off the extra 100 calories from what you are doing now. Aside from that, you're fine to me. Maybe throw in an occasional refeed day.

Not being satisfied with where you are can be hard sometimes. What I've done is I've picked out physiques I want to aspire to and constantly have my Wallpaper cycle thru the ones I fine the most "Damn it, I want to look like that!" which sparks me to do what I need to. Also its best to actually set out some long term goals so that you can focus your mindset on doing something rather than just doing things for the sake of doing them.

For example, Cut until you are like 10% BF, which is about when people's abs start to pop the most. Let's say you take a month or 2 (on the outside) to do this. You have until the New Year to Cut and then New Year, new workout plan. Clean Bulk until summer to get a bigger physique so not only are you ripped, but swole as well!
    Impossible is not a word

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

Originally Posted by ReedT View Post
    Based on your profile numbers, I put your BMR around 2500 so you could probably afford to knock off the extra 100 calories from what you are doing now. Aside from that, you're fine to me. Maybe throw in an occasional refeed day.

Not being satisfied with where you are can be hard sometimes. What I've done is I've picked out physiques I want to aspire to and constantly have my Wallpaper cycle thru the ones I fine the most "Damn it, I want to look like that!" which sparks me to do what I need to. Also its best to actually set out some long term goals so that you can focus your mindset on doing something rather than just doing things for the sake of doing them.

For example, Cut until you are like 10% BF, which is about when people's abs start to pop the most. Let's say you take a month or 2 (on the outside) to do this. You have until the New Year to Cut and then New Year, new workout plan. Clean Bulk until summer to get a bigger physique so not only are you ripped, but swole as well!
    Thanks man that really helps. I need to pick out some physiques that I can aspire to. I know in my head what I want to look like but it would be good to have a specific picture or two.

might I suggest Ben Booker? He's a nice guy and a killer physique. I mean seriously 2010 Bodyspace Spokesman is a dead give away on that obviously, but he is a great guy and helpful if you ask him questions. You have the same stats as him (height and weight), so you could aim for him. He's what Im aiming for in the long run.

Impossible is not a word

Yeah theres an Ideal body if I ever saw one. Gotta wonder though, How do you get there. If im the same weight and height as him then how do I change my body composition to get there. Bulk cut, bulk, cut. then which way do I go first. thats where I get frustrated. You see guys like that everywhere. same stats but completely different look. If I get his bf then Ill be like 160 lol. If I want his strength Ill be 200. what do I do :/

selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000) selffirst is a name known to all. (+5000)

Look at your protein

Dude I think your doin awesome ...I would evaluate your diet increasing your protein....remember you want to feed the muscle ...try bumping the levels 30 to 50 grams and see what happens. I think with yourself like myself having issues with weight... a lot of times we focus on calories numbers....throw those thoughts out the window brah.....I'm thinkin you'll continue to see increases in your mass levels...Your lifting routine seems pretty solid to me....myself...I lift heavy with low reps it has worked well with me....Lastly man ,just focus on staying positive...negative thoughts will hamper your motivation and gains...All the best....Self
    While liftin duh weights I yell out..."You sexy beast"...."Squeeze metal for papa".

jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    imo bro i would bulk for now with good clean foods
    for the first few days weigh everything on a scale and make sure to hit your macros for your current weight height bf%

try to aim for 1-2lbs a week increase once spring starts comming around start cutting slowly and by the time summer rolls around take pics of your body and compare them

you'll be amazed at the results.. btw never let anyone in the gym determine where you go.. they are just as insecure as you.
    Always trying to learn about nutrition and training, reps will be given for any questions answered.
    Feel free to pm and ask for advice, i will try to help the best i can.

RIP Zyzz, forever mirrin.
    Houston Misc Crew

lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000) lotus_esprit5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ReedT View Post
    Ben's physique is sick, I especially like it because he clearly has a narrow frame but has packed so much mass onto it, gives me some inspiration I can relate to.
    Originally Posted by jmuniverse View Post
    imo bro i would bulk for now with good clean foods
    for the first few days weigh everything on a scale and make sure to hit your macros for your current weight height bf%

try to aim for 1-2lbs a week increase once spring starts comming around start cutting slowly and by the time summer rolls around take pics of your body and compare them

you'll be amazed at the results.. btw never let anyone in the gym determine where you go.. they are just as insecure as you.
    I agree with this, was surprised at how many were recommending you keep cutting. Your bf has gone down a TON, you're at a very healthy level now, I'd definitely bulk up a bit to add some more shape and size while you have time for it during the winter, then cut for summer.

thanks again you guys, every post has helped me to think about what I need to do from a different perspective and Im glad to get that chance to step back and look. I had a little thought today after making this post. Maybe I just dont give my body enough credit, but I feel like since starting out at 225 I have been losing weight and so stretching a rubber band downwards and if I slip up or stop cutting that Ill just snap back to fatty all over again. Its a weird feeling. Its not that I lack dedication, it just feels like im running against a bungie cord and every step I take also makes it more likely im about to snap back to the beginning.

anyway thats enough whining.

I think I'm going to continue at my current cals for two more weeks at which point ill re check my weight and bf, after I check that tomorrow. Depending on how I feel at that point, Hopefully I will have settled a bit and feel level enough to start a good clean bulk for a couple months, at least through the end of January depending on how i can handle the, gaining aspect of it. Im not sure I could stand breaking the 200 lbs mark again without abs while avoiding mental breakdown lol.

Repped all you guys for your help. Ill check back in on here in two weeks after I've re-evaluated my condition. Looking like I need to put some mass on this winter though.
    Thanks again

steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) steven1977 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I want to reiterate what a few others have suggested. Try to bulk a little bit since you've decreased your body fat percentage tremendously already. Go heavy on the weights and do fewer reps--this will increase strength and mass. After you've put on some muscle mass that you're happy with, then turn your attention to cutting. But by the looks of your progress already, you seem to know what you are doing and are on the right track.

thank you for insight. Its looking like what you suggest is exactly what im going to do. I did a full body work out yesterday and some cardio to get everything pumped up and took a good look at myself in the mirror. Im going to continue with my intake for two weeks and try and stabalize a bit. At that point ill do the same thing hopefully feel ready for a winter bulk. I recognize that in order to change my body comp further I just cant keep lifing in a defecit Im going to need to add some mass at some point so thats the plan.

Alright so its been two weeks. I did find some new motivation from making this thread, I went the two weeks without under or over eating in any way. My workouts have gone well although on sunday I didnt meet the dips I wanted and I've dropped a lot of weight on my squats in order to work on form. I am going to start a clean bulk and try to put some meat on my upper body and legs over the winter but Im still very nervous about it....

Ive been using the livestrong website to log my food and I even used their calorie calculator and managed to trust it for the last couple of weeks. Ive been eating 2200 cals and losing a pound or more a week while not doing much cardio so I feel pretty confident in those numbers. But when I put in that I want to gain a pound a week it gives me 3400 cals and 3000 just to maintain, It just seems like a massive amount to someone who has been trying to lose weight for over a year now.

But aside from my nervousness and all that is there anything that you guys can suggest to help my bulk be more rewarding and effective. Should I up the volume in my workouts since ill have more calories to utilize? or maybe split it up to a 4 day routine? I did have good progress with an upper/lower split in the past.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Man, gotta say you've made awesome progress. Hope your bulk is going well, hit it hard and you'll look like a champ in the spring and you'll feel like a king when you start catching girls checking you out non-stop.

That's what I'm working up to. I have a bit of the same problem as you where I don't want to put on excess weight (fat) in the winter during my bulk which I started in the fall. I still have a bit of a pudgy belly but from what I can tell I've gained 10lbs of lean mass (noob gains ftw). You just gotta forget about the short term and look at the long term.

Again, great gains/losses dude.

Originally Posted by PNel View Post
    Man, gotta say you've made awesome progress. Hope your bulk is going well, hit it hard and you'll look like a champ in the spring and you'll feel like a king when you start catching girls checking you out non-stop.

That's what I'm working up to. I have a bit of the same problem as you where I don't want to put on excess weight (fat) in the winter during my bulk which I started in the fall. I still have a bit of a pudgy belly but from what I can tell I've gained 10lbs of lean mass (noob gains ftw). You just gotta forget about the short term and look at the long term.

Again, great gains/losses dude.
    Thank bro, Im feeling pretty good so far. I got a good pump in the gym this week not working out on a deficit or ridiculous cheat for the first time in a year. I think Ill see this through until feb or so and then give myself plenty of time to cut up for summer. I think if I kept losing weight Id be pretty damn lean by new years but Then I'd be super reluctant to bulk with beach weather coming so I feel Im doing the right thing. This is the most efficient route to the best body I can have by this time next year so thats what Im sticking with.

Good luck on your bulk too dawg, check in here when you feel like updating me if you havent already made your own thread mutual motivation would be super helpful.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP, I know exactly how you feel. I have been going through the same thinking process, and sometimes still am.

Lose more fat? gain muscle? eat more? eat less? It's something that makes you choose for something in the middle, which won't bring you optimal results.

Although I might lack a lot of mass, I chose to get to 10% BF first, then slowly bulk up from there. I'd rather be lean all year around instead of having to work that fat off every once in a while. Coming from 270lbs down to 200 now, I can tell you it's not something I want to do ever again.

Just my 2 cents though. You sound motivated, good luck on achieving your goals man!
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    OP, I know exactly how you feel. I have been going through the same thinking process, and sometimes still am.

Lose more fat? gain muscle? eat more? eat less? It's something that makes you choose for something in the middle, which won't bring you optimal results.

Although I might lack a lot of mass, I chose to get to 10% BF first, then slowly bulk up from there. I'd rather be lean all year around instead of having to work that fat off every once in a while. Coming from 270lbs down to 200 now, I can tell you it's not something I want to do ever again.

Just my 2 cents though. You sound motivated, good luck on achieving your goals man!
    It really is confusing man, A really hard decision to make for me. My thinking is that if I continue my cut ill be nice and lean for new years but way too nervous to bulk since spring and summer would be right around the corner.

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank bro, Im feeling pretty good so far. I got a good pump in the gym this week not working out on a deficit or ridiculous cheat for the first time in a year. I think Ill see this through until feb or so and then give myself plenty of time to cut up for summer. I think if I kept losing weight Id be pretty damn lean by new years but Then I'd be super reluctant to bulk with beach weather coming so I feel Im doing the right thing. This is the most efficient route to the best body I can have by this time next year so thats what Im sticking with.

Good luck on your bulk too dawg, check in here when you feel like updating me if you havent already made your own thread mutual motivation would be super helpful.
    Hey man, mutual motivation is key. I stalled out on my gains for the last 2 weeks, so I appealed to the boards for help and think I figured out I need to up my cals and protein for each day. Gonna give that a shot and see if I can't get the scale to budge some more. 7 weeks left, 7lbs left til my goal. It can't all be fat either After that it's a very very very minor cut/break from the gym for 1-1.5 weeks and doing lots of cardio (also during christmas so to counter act all the ****e food I'll be eating haha) Then it's bulking again until late March or April and then cut time. Keep up the great work dude, I can't wait to get back in the gym on Monday. Mondays and Tuesdays are personal record days

It really is confusing man, A really hard decision to make for me. My thinking is that if I continue my cut ill be nice and lean for new years but way too nervous to bulk since spring and summer would be right around the corner.
    Bulk bro, it's winter. You'll look like a MONSTER in the spring when everybody else is just starting to get back into shape. You're going to cut now and then lose out on a ton of gains all the way into the spring before summer, just sayin!

Hey man, mutual motivation is key. I stalled out on my gains for the last 2 weeks, so I appealed to the boards for help and think I figured out I need to up my cals and protein for each day. Gonna give that a shot and see if I can't get the scale to budge some more. 7 weeks left, 7lbs left til my goal. It can't all be fat either After that it's a very very very minor cut/break from the gym for 1-1.5 weeks and doing lots of cardio (also during christmas so to counter act all the ****e food I'll be eating haha) Then it's bulking again until late March or April and then cut time. Keep up the great work dude, I can't wait to get back in the gym on Monday. Mondays and Tuesdays are personal record days

good luck with your plan bro let me know how your bulk goes!

Bulk bro, it's winter. You'll look like a MONSTER in the spring when everybody else is just starting to get back into shape. You're going to cut now and then lose out on a ton of gains all the way into the spring before summer, just sayin!

Thanks for support man, Im looking forward to seeing all the "normals" in the gym early next year when Im reppin out PRs with all that holiday fuel and theyre trying to work it off lol.

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I understand man, but in the end it doesn't really matter that much.

It's a personal thing. I choose to be lean asap and bulk up from there. I've been fat for a while and I hate it so much that i just need to get rid of it now. There is no reason to gain fat on a bulk, just take it easy. It's what I'm planning to do: after reaching my goal BF% I just slightly increase calories week by week and monitor carefully what's happening. Don't go overboard and you can gain muscle without tons of fat imo. I prefer being lean with slower gains over more gains with fat.

Again, personal preference.

I understand your reasoning but it goes both ways obviously.

You can make gains now and look like a monster, but then you'll have to cut when summer comes. This can be stressful because you have a deadline (beach) and always takes longer then you expected.

You could also cut now to make sure you're at sixpack BF%, and lean bulk from there on. That way you're sure you have the abs and can build muscle more 'relaxed'.

I'm not saying OP should change his strategy at all, just pointing out that IMO it doesn't really matter in the end
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++