yo1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do I get motivated?

I have never been sporty at all... I have always been the type of girl who studies a lot and never really exercised. This was fine because I have always been very thin and I never thought I really needed to exercise at all. But now I am trying to really get in shape and I cannot find any motivation. It is just too hard. I have meetings, classes, any other type of thing you can find to use as an excuse for exercising. The gym is too full, people judge, blah blah.. How can I get myself to go to the gym? Just saying to myself "you have to" doesn't work at all. I feel really lame asking this but well..hopefully I'll get an answer that will actually help me.

Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rick1824 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by yo1990 View Post
    I have never been sporty at all... I have always been the type of girl who studies a lot and never really exercised. This was fine because I have always been very thin and I never thought I really needed to exercise at all. But now I am trying to really get in shape and I cannot find any motivation. It is just too hard. I have meetings, classes, any other type of thing you can find to use as an excuse for exercising. The gym is too full, people judge, blah blah.. How can I get myself to go to the gym? Just saying to myself "you have to" doesn't work at all. I feel really lame asking this but well..hopefully I'll get an answer that will actually help me.
    Sounds like you really don't want to do it in the first place. If you really don't want it or don't want to do it, then you really are sort of wasting your time. I guess the big thing would be to figure out what you want to accomplish and why you want to accomplish it. If you really want to do it, then go and do it. You're one of those sort of geeky types who isn't sporty but studies and reads a lot. Well, study and read about diet, nutrition and exercise. You've got a computer in front of you and thus you have access to a infinite amount of knowledge regarding the subject.

Surely if you want to do this you can make wise decisions with respect to your diet, and eat according to whatever your goals may be. As for exercise, exercise can encompass a large number of different things, depending on what your goals are. Doing push-ups in the morning and taking the stairs can be exercise, just about anything that causes you to be active.
    The self has no boundaries except those it accepts out of Ignorance.

emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000) emii is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Rick1824 View Post
    Sounds like you really don't want to do it in the first place. If you really don't want it or don't want to do it, then you really are sort of wasting your time. I guess the big thing would be to figure out what you want to accomplish and why you want to accomplish it. If you really want to do it, then go and do it. You're one of those sort of geeky types who isn't sporty but studies and reads a lot. Well, study and read about diet, nutrition and exercise. You've got a computer in front of you and thus you have access to a infinite amount of knowledge regarding the subject.

Surely if you want to do this you can make wise decisions with respect to your diet, and eat according to whatever your goals may be. As for exercise, exercise can encompass a large number of different things, depending on what your goals are. Doing push-ups in the morning and taking the stairs can be exercise, just about anything that causes you to be active.

This.

Try writing down what your fitness goals are, if you want to gain more muscle, tone up, lose fat, etc. Find out what you want, and just think that the only way you're going to get results is if you put in work.

The hardest part for me was the first month, but after you start seeing your body change, your motivation will boost tenfold