Registered Nutcase eyeoftheworld's Avatar
    eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bollocks, I've buggered my knee up

I have been having consistent stiffness and soreness in my left knee and only that knee since July. It has shifted to the back of my knee and has gotten worse over the past two weeks. There is also some inflammation in the bottom/front area.

Icing helps with the inflammation and keeping it warm and stretching helps get rid of much of the stiffness and soreness. I haven't done and lifts over 70-80% nor squatted recently except for some light front squats. I am taking NSAIDs, lots of fish oil and glucosamine.

I'm also on my feet a lot at work but wear knee sleeves and running shoes. I also never train without sleeves. I have switched to split-jerking with my left side forward in the past 3-4 weeks also and have gotten shin splints.

Do I need to stop lifting entirely for a time? What else can I do?
    Training journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124874941

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by eyeoftheworld View Post
    I have been having consistent stiffness and soreness in my left knee and only that knee since July. It has shifted to the back of my knee and has gotten worse over the past two weeks. There is also some inflammation in the bottom/front area.

Icing helps with the inflammation and keeping it warm and stretching helps get rid of much of the stiffness and soreness. I haven't done and lifts over 70-80% nor squatted recently except for some light front squats. I am taking NSAIDs, lots of fish oil and glucosamine.

I'm also on my feet a lot at work but wear knee sleeves and running shoes. I also never train without sleeves. I have switched to split-jerking with my left side forward in the past 3-4 weeks also and have gotten shin splints.

Do I need to stop lifting entirely for a time? What else can I do?
    I going to a doctor out of the question? That's the only thing I can think of if it's been that long.
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) eyeoftheworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by olyw8lifter View Post
    I going to a doctor out of the question? That's the only thing I can think of if it's been that long.
    I can go to one, yes. Probably on Tuesday.
    Training journal:

Olympic weightlifting had made me not only stronger and quicker but also better looking and possibly more well-endowed. See what it can do for you!

Annnnnd, it is swelling and hurts to put weight on the leg. I am so seeing a doctor tomorrow, screw work.
    Training journal:

jesus thinks youre a jerk ehlpitel's Avatar
    ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50) ehlpitel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See a doc.

Knee problems SUCK, second only to back problems IMO.

Good luck, I'm trying to get back into lifting after having ACL surgery two years ago.
    How many gymrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Seven. One to screw in the bulb and six to say, "Bro, you're huge, man! Ripped!"

I went to see the doctor today and a I have some good news, some great news and some bad news.

Bad news: I have a week off, but have a note excusing me for said time off. However, despite calling my employer 7 times and leaving three messages, no one is picking up or returning my calls. This likely means they are pissed off at me and I am either getting fired or getting into fecal matter. I'm on my three-month probation, you see.

Good news: No permanent damage that the doctor could find. He just said to take it easy and stay off my feet as much as I can for a week. He also prescribed some stronger NSAIDs and ice and a tensor or compression sleeve. Basically, I'm gonna do some light body-building crap like dumbbell bench presses, laterals and such. Then, next week, I plan to return at maybe 70%. At that point, I hope to be able to return to my normal training schedule.

Great news: I have a freaking week off.
    Training journal:

9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's a tip, make sure to stretch your lower body. It's easy for it to tighten up on you and cause problems. Get a foam roller too.

Originally Posted by 9987 View Post
    Here's a tip, make sure to stretch your lower body. It's easy for it to tighten up on you and cause problems. Get a foam roller too.
    I do make a point of warming up and stretching out as a cool down. I also roll-out several times a week.

Thanks for the help, though. Good suggestions.
    Training journal:

9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50) 9987 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by eyeoftheworld View Post
    I do make a point of warming up and stretching out as a cool down. I also roll-out several times a week.

Thanks for the help, though. Good suggestions.
    Another thing I forgot to mention is the dynamic warmups. You know stuff like glute activation and whatnot.