gracurtisce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gracurtisce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gracurtisce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gracurtisce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gracurtisce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

pros and steroids

Steve Michalik, Mr America and professional bodybuilder, said recently with regards to steroid use among pro bodybuilders: "In the early years of bodybuilding with myself Zane, Coe, Dickerson, Viator, Tinerino, and all the other unique body shapes there was a special look to everyone, just like an automobile where there are many different styles to choose from. Humans want choice and today's physiques all look the same." Does anyone agree that all pro looks the same today? I think there was more variation of physique back in the early days when bodybuilders didn't excessively use steroids and other performance enhancers like insuilin and groth hormone. Today they are all massive. Is this good for the sport?

Self-Taught Gynecologist TheAustrianOak's Avatar
    TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000) TheAustrianOak is a name known to all. (+5000)
    man a thread like this is started all the time

in a couple of posts someone will proclaim how they wish to fellate arnold while another talks about how great zane's abs were
    If I'm on here, I'm at work
    If I'm at work, I'm bored
    Feel free to entertain me

Official Child Man

BJJ brown belt

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gracurtisce
    Steve Michalik, Mr America and professional bodybuilder, said recently with regards to steroid use among pro bodybuilders: "In the early years of bodybuilding with myself Zane, Coe, Dickerson, Viator, Tinerino, and all the other unique body shapes there was a special look to everyone, just like an automobile where there are many different styles to choose from. Humans want choice and today's physiques all look the same." Does anyone agree that all pro looks the same today? I think there was more variation of physique back in the early days when bodybuilders didn't excessively use steroids and other performance enhancers like insuilin and groth hormone. Today they are all massive. Is this good for the sport?
    Sounds like just another case of nostalgia to me.

Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jay Bisto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its just opinions, I can see where hes coming from

my faveourite bodybuilder at the moment is probably Dexter Jackson in terms of physique I would most like to have so yeah I understand the point, but saying that Jay and Ronnie look amazing, and the hard work and stuff that goes into being that size I can see why they are the top two

The only point I see thats relevant is where will it end? Ronnie says he will weigh about 300 for the coming Olympia, is this a ceiling we have reached and thats it, or in 20 years are people gonna come in weighing more than that

it might sound unrealistic but in Arnolds day he was only 250ish at his heaviest

people who slate size are normally stuck in the past, past is the past, although Arnold he always will be a ledgend and probably the best ever
    Last edited by Jay Bisto; 04-16-2005 at 01:55 AM.

Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yej, another "did you know that pro-bodybuilder's use steroids?" thread.

The question is; "do you know what supplement's/nutrition/booster's pro-bodybuilder's don't use?"

But who care's? Athelete's use steroid's and lots of injectible juice's in olympic sport's like running, swimming etc. Bodybuilding is bodybuilding, BUILDING.
    Go somewhere where this subject has any value what so ever.

flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    the best bodybuilders ever came out of the early 90's
    im a strong beliver in dragons, fairies, good women and other fantasy creatures.

maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) maximushamus85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Steve Reeves used to say pretty much exactly the same thing in regards to everyone looking the same now. And I have to agree with him. Looking at pics of the bodybuilders from the 40's and 50's, I think they look the best. Reeves is my hero.

HOWEVER, I believe that bodybuilding is evolving just like baseball has, and here's why.

For the first 25-30 years that baseball was around, the game was dominated by slap hitters, dominant pitching, and speed. But when Babe Ruth came around, he completely changed the game by hitting more homeruns than the rest of the league combined. For the next 30 years, while there were some amazing pitchers around, great hitters dominated the league. (Mantle, Ted Williams, Maris, Robinson, Killebrew, etc..) And then we had Bob Gibson lead the league with a 1.68 ERA in 1968 during a time when the mound was raised 6 inches and pitching became dominant again.

But then the homerun became popular again, and in order to increase their salaries and boost their popularity, players like Canseco, McGwire (allegedly...as Romey would say), Caminiti, etc.. began taking steroids in order to boost their homerun potential. Chicks dig the long ball.

The bodybuilders of the 40s and 50s attained a level of great muscularity, symmetry, and proportion while maintaining an asthetic beauty. By time the 70s came around with Arnold and Ferrigno, bodybuilders had gotten 30-40 pounds heavier. We saw a return to the smaller more asthetic type with Zane, Columbo, and Samir winning Olympias in the late 70s, early 80s.

But then bodybuilders began taking excessive amounts of drugs, achieving a level of size and ripped-ness that is seemingly impossible. Will bodybuilding go back to the smaller size, or will we someday have a 5'8 400 pound olympia winner?

While Reeves is my hero and I'm about 10 pounds away from his size, which is my goal, i have to confess I am in awe when looking at the monsters like Ruhl, Coleman, and Cutler. I just hope someone doesn't have their organs explode onstage.

But that's just me, and I could be wrong.
    They say good things come to those who wait, but didn't tell us how long it's gonna take.

Eat, Drink and be Merry.. jayvee's Avatar
    jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50) jayvee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i disagree. yes, most pros try to have every bodypart fully developed these days, but with so many competitors from around the world, there is every type of physique imaginable around today, with smaller, asthetic types, mass monsters, those in between the two, and plenty of other variants.

Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Man, I_m Big has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The guys in the 40's and 50's looked ok, but that was during there time. I'm bigger than Hoffman, Gironda, Reeves, Delinger, those guys may hve been the **** then, but times have changed. As for Michalik's comments, it sort of makes sense, the guys all had their own shape and appearance, but there's a thing called natural progression, it would be like saying that Jonny Unitas was better than Payton Manning. That's great, but it doesn't mean **** really.

Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Fridrik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Man, I'm Big
    The guys in the 40's and 50's looked ok, but that was during there time.
    Exactly, bodybuilding was about building big ass body back then even, so, when you're looking at bodybuilding in the 1940's-70's and when you're looking at bodybuilding now, you should think only one thing---> progress.

Jah jah jah, baby gut, jah jah jah, pregnant pregnant, what ever, sure, ok.... still better than all of us
    Last edited by Fridrik; 04-16-2005 at 11:25 AM.

bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000) bigcalves is just really nice. (+1000)

Cool

This is the truth. Everyone in their own time wanted to get as big as they can. But times change, we learn more about nutrition, more about supplements, and then in the 70s more about AAS. So everyone did what ever they can to get as big as possible with what they had. Don't you think that ROnnie wants to be 350-400lbs and kill the competition? I think he does but he doenst know how/the technology/knowlege is not here yet. So you see, natural progression is normal.

flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500) flava is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    one day ronnie will be considered "small" and well have 500lb 4% bf gorillas walking around.
    im a strong beliver in dragons, fairies, good women and other fantasy creatures.

Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree, not only do pros today look the same but they all speak as if they have a third grade education. Guys back then had all different sorts of physiques and characters, and hairstyles. Todays pros just sound like dumbasses whenever they speak, absolutely no charisma such a Arnold or Platz.

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i read in another interview with michalik how he also said that todays pro's are very impressive but they all look like "gargantuan x-men". which i think is true to some extent...but for this to change its gonna take someone like darrem charles or ahmad haider to win.....dex is still a threat too...if he ever does win it big then i think we will start to see a change in the ideal.

Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ryo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think that it is kind of strange the way Michalik is anti-steroid nowadays and the way he is criticizing todays pros. I mean, I do agree with Steve but is he not a hypocrite though? He admitted to drinking hormone enriched slime that comes out of monkey brains during his days to get bigger, and several other crazy ****. If a guy like him was competing today, I do not even want to imagine what he would be taking. I admire Steve's hardcore tenacity but he needs to stop twisting his stories just because of the horrors drugs gave him during his day.

HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10) HomerJ.Simpson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i agree....i like steve and have the utmost respect for him. but i still think that steroids can be used succesfully and responsibly without horrific results

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Pro Bob Chick's Avatar
    Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Pro Bob Chick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The physiques of today look similiar because the bar has been raised remarkebly in terms of completeness and conditioning.

The "old school" physiques looked more distinct because the talent pool was significantly less stocked. The were guys competing as pro's who couldn't win Jr. national level shows today.

Blocky builds, missing bodyparts, ugly shapes....certainly less of that at todays level....

Michalick had some weird thoughts back then....and still does!!
    Bob Cicherillo - IFBB Pro Bodybuilder
    IFBB Athletes rep

coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000) coofoostu is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Pro Bob Chick
    The physiques of today look similiar because the bar has been raised remarkebly in terms of completeness and conditioning.

The "old school" physiques looked more distinct because the talent pool was significantly less stocked. The were guys competing as pro's who couldn't win Jr. national level shows today.

Blocky builds, missing bodyparts, ugly shapes....certainly less of that at todays level....

Michalick had some weird thoughts back then....and still does!!
    Yes, I agree, this is why pros today look the same, because there is so many to choose from, and only the top physiques make it!