Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1482
    It's later than you think EMISGOD's Avatar
    EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Workout: Cardio
    Equipment Used: Schwinn AirDyne
    Duration: 5.35 miles/25 minutes
    Driver: Revco: Got Cock?
    Calories: unknown

Quality Level: AV +/-. Much calmer pace today, but I was happy to get back to it at all...this whole thing so far has been quite an experience...

Observations/Intel: I really need to try to get a weigh-in tomorrow. Measurements...who knows...I'm hoping I can get in to check out the new gym near me and at least get in some light lifting, go through the motions and by next week have the rust knocked off...hopefully...
    Ongoing Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=106420991

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EMISGOD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Log Post

Workout: Chest/Back
    Exercises Used:

BB Flat Press = 2 Warm-up sets
    Lat Tower = 2 Warm-up sets
    Dips = 2 Warm-up sets (BWX3,2)
    Hoist Lat Pull-Down Machine = 2 Warm-up sets
    Hammer Decline = 2 Warm-up sets
    Hammer Low Row = 2 Warm-up sets
    Pec Deck = 2 Warm-up sets

Quality Level: Not rated. This was more for my own education. Chest strength has taken a pretty substantial nosedive. Back has taken a bath also, but to a lesser extent. Not unexpected, but not very pleasant to see, either...next Upper Lifting workout after this one will be this again. More on the new gym below...

Observations/Intel: Didn't do a weigh-in...still trying to work out a weekend schedule. Can't seem to find consistency at all there...weeknights finally getting better.

New gym is about half the size of the other one and consequently is missing some of the machines I really like, such as the Hammer High Row. It was a sad fact to sift through all of the machines there and not find that one. Perhaps Back days will have to be at the old gym if I want to use that particular piece of equipment. It's not very close, but not hugely distant, just kind of inconvenient. I will have to do a more thorough search and see if it has a Chest Pull-Over, which is one the other gym doesn't have, but this one might...it does have a platform, which the other doesn't have...it also does not have a T-Bar machine, not that that's such a big deal...since it is smaller and far busier, that inevitably means that I will probably wind up waiting far more often than I did at the other one...still in the feeling-out process here, but I can always resort to the old one or another smaller one, which is a bit more north, but may be less popular. Getting to this one is considerably less convenient than the other, despite its closer proximity...

Come here and open your mouth, S103/Syntrax, I gotta take a piss: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3569901

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's good to see you back at it, Emi. Carry on.

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good to see you back Em

how's everything?

decide on a name yet?
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    EM is still God?

Originally Posted by sytennison View Post
    It's good to see you back at it, Emi. Carry on.
    I'm trying. It's rather delicate finding time these days, but things are a point where I can start to make it more of a point...

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Good to see you back Em

how's everything?

decide on a name yet?
    Fits and starts on working out, ok on everything else. Still hemming and hawing on name...

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    EM is still God?
    Oh yeah, baby.

StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) StlBarbie has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    GREAT to see you back!!!

Duration: 8.7 miles/35 minutes
    Driver: WASP: Babylon
    Calories: 393 - 562 calculated
    Quality Level: AV +/-. Still need to get Legs back to a point where I can do the entire 45 minutes...air seems willing, but Legs are just not there still. Going to try to keep driving up towards 45 minutes for the next week when I do Cardio...I'm going to keep it in there, since that needs working on as well. Next weekend will see the return of Leg Lifting workouts.

Observations/Intel: Weigh-in was 212 today. Did not do bf% so as not to annoy myself further, but that's coming...I also started a fairly massive project to redo the basement so I can fit a washer/dryer in there before the tyrant emerges, so that will occupy a good part of this week as well. I meant it as a summer project, but temperatures notwithstanding, it dawns on me that I need to get in gear on this...

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by EMISGOD View Post
    Next weekend will see the return of Leg Lifting workouts.
    Whoah.... I actually felt tingly all over when I read that.

I also started a fairly massive project to redo the basement so I can fit a washer/dryer in there before the tyrant emerges, so that will occupy a good part of this week as well.
    You will not regret this. It seems anti-intuitive, but little people generate HUGE piles of laundry.

Originally Posted by StlBarbie View Post
    GREAT to see you back!!!
    Thank you. I've missed all of you greatly.

Whoah.... I actually felt tingly all over when I read that.
    Ha ha! I wanted to do it this weekend, but it was not so much in the cards this time around. I wasn't feeling it at all and once I got the point where I was free, I was pretty much out of time...

You will not regret this. It seems anti-intuitive, but little people generate HUGE piles of laundry.
    I'm trying to keep things on a level with how many changes of clothes are being accumulated for the baby, since we have to look at those clothes in the beginning basically like toilet paper, i.e. a very disposable commodity, cuteness for pictures notwithstanding. Once we get further along and can start expecting somewhat of a better ROI than zero, then I imagine there will be a greater accumulation, but mostly the drive for me to start this somewhat of a pain in the ass project is because this whole pregnancy thing has been somewhat hard on the mother and it is only getting worse lately and overall things have finally calmed down to the point where the machines have become far more of a priority than earlier when it was more a matter of finding out what we actually had vs. what we needed in a more immediate sense.

I need to do a certain amount of measuring and might have to cut down the wall they put up in the basement, since they did not appear to leave enough space to get actual machines in there...

Duration: 7.2 miles/30 minutes
    Driver: Faster Pussycat - S/T
    Calories: 337 - 481 calculated
    Quality Level: AV +/-. Legs were better tonight, but still not up to air. I think they probably would have made 45 tonight, but I got a little tied up with the renovation project and had to cut things short. I can't really do anything more on that until Wednesday night, which works out well for getting back into the gym for an Upper Lifting day tomorrow.

Observations/Intel: Nothing really to add here, other than that I'm pretty happy the streak is staying somewhat intact since this latest reboot...

I'm trying to keep things on a level with how many changes of clothes are being accumulated for the baby, since we have to look at those clothes in the beginning basically like toilet paper, i.e. a very disposable commodity, cuteness for pictures notwithstanding.
    LOL That's not a bad way of looking at it. We didn't give a damn what our daughter wore initially as long as it was easy to clean and get on and off. All of her cloths came from a friend of ours who had two girls of her own before we had ours. I don't think we bought a single piece of clothing for Jerilyn until she turned four. Parents of slightly older kids than your own are gold mines.

Nothing really to add here, other than that I'm pretty happy the streak is staying somewhat intact since this latest reboot...
    Probably the main thing you're accomplishing right now is simply re-establishing the habit.

LOL That's not a bad way of looking at it. We didn't give a damn what our daughter wore initially as long as it was easy to clean and get on and off. All of her cloths came from a friend of ours who had two girls of her own before we had ours. I don't think we bought a single piece of clothing for Jerilyn until she turned four. Parents of slightly older kids than your own are gold mines.
    So far, it's more picking up big stuff like cribs and play pens and so on from other people...her mother is very nicely buying diapers and so on when she goes shopping, so we're getting a bit of a backload there...neither of us know anyone with children's clothes where the children are not using them (and none at all with boys), so that bullet probably will not be able to be dodged. I'm more interested in trying to limit it to the extent possible at the moment so that necessities don't wind up suffering while we have 50 million hats for the child...

Probably the main thing you're accomplishing right now is simply re-establishing the habit.
    Hopefully it comes back quickly, though no matter how fast it does, it won't be fast enough for me...ha ha. That was a pretty substantial layoff...I think right around 8 months, give or take, assuming the current trend is something I'm able to hold...

Hopefully it comes back quickly, though no matter how fast it does, it won't be fast enough for me...ha ha. That was a pretty substantial layoff...I think right around 8 months, give or take, assuming the current trend is something I'm able to hold...
    Dude, you gotta stick with it! This journal of yours was pretty damn boring without you.

Dude, you gotta stick with it! This journal of yours was pretty damn boring without you.
    Heh...indeed...I got derailed again by a birthday, wedding (mine), but most particularly by a nasty chest infection courtesy of my now-wife...it is finally easing off, so next week, I will pick back up and try to once more restart things...which will almost certainly be derailed by the emergence of the tyrant...maybe September or so I will be able to string together more what I have in mind...

gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heh...indeed...I got derailed again by a birthday, wedding (mine), but most particularly by a nasty chest infection courtesy of my now-wife...it is finally easing off, so next week, I will pick back up and try to once more restart things...which will almost certainly be derailed by the emergence of the tyrant...maybe September or so I will be able to string together more what I have in mind...
    Congratulations Em!!!!! and happy birthday

are you a cancer?
    Being a real lifter is not about a number, or a medal, or somebody else telling you that you are a real lifter. It is about commitment to the iron and strength of purpose.

Congratulations on the wedding! I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. Emisgod.

Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dracoy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LOL WTF.

I leave for 6 months to take a CpA exam. EM gets married. Who is the real winner here?

Originally Posted by gbg View Post
    Congratulations Em!!!!! and happy birthday

are you a cancer?
    Ha ha. No...I'm a Gemini.

Congratulations on the wedding! I now pronounce you, Mr. and Mrs. Emisgod.
    I should have had them say that at the ceremony, but the judge thought we were sufficiently strange as we were...lol

Originally Posted by Dracoy View Post
    LOL WTF.

I leave for 6 months to take a CpA exam. EM gets married. Who is the real winner here?
    I think this makes 8 or 9 months since I've been out, both due to surgery and then to a crazy kaleidoscope of other things, culminating with the following:

On July 13, at 7:43 am, after 12 - 14 minutes of "push labor" and about 15 hrs to get to the "push" stage, Leopold Magnus arrived. He was 5 lbs 12 oz and 19 inches. For those interested, his Chinese Zodiac is Tiger (Metal) and his Western sun is Cancer, with Leo rising and Leo in moon. Initially, he was very calm as the first day or so of his life he was poked and prodded and hooked up to various tubes, but the nickname of "baby tyrant" is proving more and more prophetic as he gets more comfortable and adjusts to his new surroundings, which, at the moment, is mainly his mother and father's bedroom...both mother and child are doing well and came home yesterday morning...at the hospital, he was nearly instantly the nurses favorite and came out looking more like a miniature doll, as I understand I did, rather than a misshapen ball with a face (as I understand his mother was born) or any of the other deviations...all is about as well as it can be right now, although, as I'm sure most of you will have no trouble imagining, time is very short lately...

Pics or it didn't happen.

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that y'all are doing well. Life is about to get interesting for you Emisgod and, believe it or not, I mean that in a good way.

Leopold Magnus... I love it!

Exercises Used:

BB Flat Press = 2 Warm-up sets
    Lat Tower = 3 Warm-up sets
    Dips = 2 Warm-up sets
    Hammer Seated Row = 2 Warm-up sets

Quality Level: Not rated. Nothing like a near-entire 2 month gap between lifting workouts...ah well, with good reason, of course...oddly, this time went far more smoothly than last. I think was due to mental attitude. I was ready and very motivated to go in and not kicking myself for how long it was taking me. I didn't try to go heavy at all and just concentrated on form. Given that I won't be able to get in particularly often during the week (more on that later), I'm going to keep concentrating on form as well as trying to push strength more than anything else, I think. I'm still evaluating things on that end...

Observations/Intel: No weigh-in...probably won't bother with that until I can achieve some kind of consistency. One thing that I've found kind of annoying is that the IntrAbolic is now giving me the beta-alanine tingles again and I'm not going to be working out anywhere near enough to get me back used to that, so I'm stuck with those tingles until I run out the tubs of IA that I have left.

Speaking of supplements, given my schedule, which probably is going to limit me to weekends only for the rest of this year, in terms of lifting, anyway, those supplements I have I'm going to run out and then cut everything back to basically protein powder. This will probably take into next year sometime to finish out, but it's neither reasonable nor responsible of me to continually throw money at that. I've had to significantly compromise my diet in consideration of the wife and what she would rather eat and my focus and priorities are not particularly pointed at the gym. This means no more PWO formulation once it's gone, no more IA during workouts once it's gone and no more of the other stuff either. Basically, I will be down to protein powder and the few remaining vitamins that I keep as part of the daily intake. I also probably will need to do some soul searching and determine if I really want to keep paying the gym membership fees I do...I probably will look into whether they have a weekend only option and move it to that, if they do...I really don't want to drop it altogether, but that is on the table as well...

Workouts themselves will also be new...with a slight schedule modification, we potentially can avoid daycare altogether, so obviously that is what we're angling towards. This will mean that for the rest of this year, my workouts during the week will be very limited, probably the AirDyne only, if even that. She goes back to work towards the end of September, so for the rest of September and October, I probably will be able to workout only on weekends, unless I want to get up early to do something before work (I don't). I'm hoping that by November, if I can get baby adjusted to the new schedule, that I might be able to sneak in some AirDyne time, but if not, then not. He's at the stage where he dislikes it if he's not being held, which will give me the chance to catch up on the reading I haven't been able to do since the move in April. Once he gets old enough and I acquire a sling, then I will also be able to possibly get some writing done as well.

Back to this week, I'm intending on trying to get to the gym on weekends + Wednesdays. I will hit the AirDyne on M,T,T with F OFF until forced to drop it in later September...that is the plan anyway...this year has had a lot of restarts, with this being just the latest...if I want to try and get caught up at all (I do), then I'm pretty much out of time for any more of those restarts, so hopefully this will take...I've pretty much given up on the bike for this year, but I don't want to also sacrifice the gym itself, if I don't have to...a friend of mine wants me to train him, but I just don't have the time to even workout with him...too bad, though, as I would dearly love to train with him...

Good to see you back at it, Emi! I wonder if you can do the AirDyne with an infant in a sling...

Good to see you back at it, Emi! I wonder if you can do the AirDyne with an infant in a sling...
    Ha ha...probably for a little while, but not with any intensity...I'm not willing to attempt it as I sincerely doubt that would go over well...maybe once his communication improves, but probably still not...

Exercises Used:

BB Flat Press = 3 Warm-up sets
    Lat Tower = 3 Warm-up sets
    Super Incline = 2 Warm-up sets
    Hammer Seated Row = 2 Warm-up sets

Quality Level: Not rated. Chest was not there, though I did increase the weights I was using as warm-up weight...I probably am going to continue on the idea of using warm-up weights until they either become much easier or until I get closer to the working weight of last year. Was very distracted for this, thanks to the baby managing to freak out both of his parents on Saturday as well as being somewhat crampy myself...

Observations/Intel: Long and the short...sleep schedule got thrown completely off Mon/Tues, Wed was a previously arranged meeting I forgot about upon which I had to play babysitter, Thurs, where I wanted to move Wed's planned workout, was also out due to a scheduling conflict and Friday, I basically just threw in the sponge and decided to try for Saturday. Saturday had a wrench tossed in it by the baby, which left today...where that leaves things now is trying to go with what I had in mind for last week this week...

Good enough! If you're able to resume a semi-regular schedule, you'll get bored of the warm-up sets quickly enough.

Man, I remember the sleepless nights. I ended up taking out my frustrations on a poor, innocent door.

Good enough! If you're able to resume a semi-regular schedule, you'll get bored of the warm-up sets quickly enough.
    I'm hoping that I progress quickly enough to dump them, but I have to be more regular in order to get there...also, the AC went out at my work last Monday and has not returned, which means sitting and baking every day since then, unless I wind up in the warehouse and then it's working and baking all day...this is starting to trigger slight to moderate headaches, which also helps nothing...hopefully that gets fixed sometime this week.

Man, I remember the sleepless nights. I ended up taking out my frustrations on a poor, innocent door.
    Well, she's the one more in that danger zone, I suspect...she's taking naps and trying to keep up and doing ok so far on that end...definitely be nice once he gets to sleeping through the night, but it takes quite a lot of sleeplessness to do me in...every summer for the past 4 years, I've gotten worse sleep than I currently do now...

...it takes quite a lot of sleeplessness to do me in...every summer for the past 4 years, I've gotten worse sleep than I currently do now...
    You're probably the first guy in history to have a kid and get better sleep. You should probably hide this blessing from Mom.

Duration: 7.50 miles/30 minutes
    Driver: Witchery: Witchkrieg
    Calories: unknown

Quality Level: AV +/-. Decent today, but nothing spectacular...it was very difficult to find time tonight, but I want to get back into the habit of keeping the workout in mind, so I CAN remember to find time to do it...the Cardio ones are easy, since I don't have to leave to do them and even if they run late, no big deal...I did have to cut this one short tonight, but hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get a full run in...at this point, even if late and short, I figure something is better than nothing...

Observations/Intel: Can't calculate calories without a weigh-in, so I guess I'll be doing that sometime this weekend...one of the things I miss (and I mean REALLY miss) is my own private bathroom off the bedroom...

You're probably the first guy in history to have a kid and get better sleep. You should probably hide this blessing from Mom.
    Well, here's the thing...at the other place, it was basically a sweatbox...I looked forward to going to work, since that was the only place I could spend a lot of time in with AC...my bed would be completely hot to the touch before I got into it and wouldn't cool until the very early AM hours...my car was no better as the previous one did not have working AC, so I would go from a sweatbox into another sweatbox...right now, work is a sweatbox with the AC broken, but the temperature in the bedroom (and in the new car) is much improved, so that no longer hinders my sleep...the baby is actually pretty decent during the night hours...he has bad nights here and there, but overall, those times are more ok with him...as long as Momma doesn't overdo it on the caffeine, she's generally ok on sleep, just has to take some fill-in naps here and there towards the end of the week and maybe once on the weekends...we definitely lucked out in a lot of respects with this child, no doubt.

...at this point, even if late and short, I figure something is better than nothing...
    Something is ALWAYS better than nothing. Unless you're a zen Buddhist, that is.